"The State of New California" "The 51st State"

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

This has been going around for a while but now the Gateway House of Boys has hopped on the "State of New California" train. The story speaks for itself. Dude in the video says they're forming the 51st State. They're sending "delegates" wanting to be seated in Congress. Hey, this isn't just a PR stunt, they're serious, gosh darn it! And and and it's Konstitutional.

Go for it, kids. Two more Senators. Don't worry GOP, two new Senators from "New" California won't vote Democratic. :P

MOVING ONWARD – The State of New California Sends Delegates to Washington D.C.
By Joe Hoft Published February 13, 2023 at 8:35pm

The state of New California is moving forward. Today they sent two delegates to Washington D.C. to represent the 51st state. It’s another historic day for the state of New Californina. [sp] The State of New California is gearing up for statehood. This idea seemed strange until it was mentioned that it is following precedent. The state of West Virginia was formed during the Civil War when citizens of the new state didn’t agree with the unconstitutional actions of the state of Virginia which seceded and formed a new country. The courageous men and women in West Virginia stood strong and created a new state according to the US Constitution. The new state was granted statehood during the Civil War.

The state of New California is following the same model. The state of New California shares the following on its website. https://www.newcaliforniastate.com/a-new-state
The Need for New California
The U.S. Declaration of Independence of 1776, the Alta California Declaration of Independence of 1836 and the Sonoma Proclamation of 1846 declared the Right of the People in the states of Alta California and California respectively to throw off the bonds of tyranny.

The current state of California has become governed by a tyranny, which rivals those expressed in the above documents. Therefore the United States Declaration of Independence of 1776, the Constitution as adapted in 1783 by the Congress of the United States of America, the Alta California Declaration of Independence of 1836, the Sonoma Proclamation of 1846, and the California State Constitution of 1848 Mandate the Right, the Responsibility, the Duty of the People who are suffering the long train of abuses and usurpations at the hands of a tyrannical government to abolish and make new a government by the People and for the People under GOD.

Article IV Section 3 of the United States Constitution
“New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new States shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.”

United States Declaration of Independence
“Whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such Principles and organizing its Powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness”.

The State Splitting Process
The Precedence was set in 1861 when West Virginia was split from Confederate Virginia as Virginia tried to secede the Union. The process begins when a state’s legislature first votes to split the state. Once the measure in the form of a resolution passes both the State Assembly and Senate it is submitted to Congress. Both the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate must vote to pass the resolution in order to split the state.

​No State has been brought into the Union who could not demonstrate their ability to self govern. New California will demonstrate a governance system as modeled by the U.S. Declaration of Independence, Constitution and Bill of Rights…

​…​New California will be the 6th largest State behind New York (bigger than Illinois and Pennsylvania). It’s Estimated 25-27 seats in the US House of Representatives will go to New California. Old California will become the 2nd most populous state behind Texas and ahead of Florida, losing 25-27 seats in the US House of Representatives.
Below is a summary of the New State of California:

Today the state of New California sent its first two delegates to Washington D.C.

New California State Delegate Representatives Patty Plumb of Shasta County and Josh Disney of San Benito County Photo by NewCali News, 10th Constitutional Convention for New California State, January 12-14, 2023, Sheraton Hotel, Anaheim, CA

New California took a major step forward as the 51st state movement just sent two Delegate Representatives to Washington DC to Inform, Educate and Advocate for statehood. Following the 10th Constitutional Convention in Anaheim, CA January 13-14, 2023 and the adoption of the state’s Constitution Delegate Representatives were selected to go to congress to make the case for statehood. There were 7 delegates selected 5 as Delegate Representatives for the House of Representatives and 2 Delegate Senators. All were presented to the New California State Legislature and were overwhelmingly elected by both the New California State Assembly and the Senate.

First Two to Go
The first two to go to Washington DC are Patty Plumb of Shasta County and Joshua Disney of San Benito County.

From the Notification letter to Speaker Kevin McCarthy:

HONORABLE KEVIN McCARTHY

Dear Mr. Speaker:

“The State of New California is seeking entrance into the Union of States known as the United States of America and requesting an Admissions Act be facilitated on behalf of the Citizens of the State of New California to create the 51st State.

The State of New California seeks admission into the United States on an equal footing with the other states. The constitution shall always be republican in form and shall not be repugnant to the U.S. Constitution or the principles of the Declaration of Independence.

Since February of 2017, New Californians have been exercising their Constitutional Right to form from the State of California following the process authorized and codified in Article IV Sections 3 & 4 of the United States Constitution. Fifty-six New California State County Committees have been formed with the expressed purpose to create the State of New California. When New California is formed it will have a population of rural New California Citizens of over 19 million people………………”

“The timing is perfect for us to go at this point with our first Delegate Representatives because both houses are in recess. We need this time to make the necessary contacts before the session starts up.” Stated Paul Preston, President and founder of the New California State movement.

Godspeed New California.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/0 ... ngton-d-c/
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Where, exactly, are they planning to put this state?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:29 pm Where, exactly, are they planning to put this state?
I can think of a few unofficial places they could put it, but here is their official map. :lol:
EFD47326-92CC-4772-B447-E12CF15D47EE.png
EFD47326-92CC-4772-B447-E12CF15D47EE.png (404.16 KiB) Viewed 1244 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Looks very much like a Republican gerrymandered voting district :lol:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:41 pm
Kriselda Gray wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:29 pm Where, exactly, are they planning to put this state?
I can think of a few unofficial places they could put it, but here is their official map. :lol:
Cute :)

So, lemme get this straight. The conservatives want to take over San Fransisco? And they're serious about this? I mean I know it's extremely unlikely anything like it will happen, but that just seems extra stupid.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Kriselda, from how these lunatics coded the map, it seems like everything in RED is "New California"... so SF, LA, etc would be all that's left of "Old California". It's totally ridiculous, it's birfer level fantasy. Didn't get time to find out who is grifting the marks for this sham but you know that's its main purpose. But it's like Maricopa County... LA County is the top voting population in the USA.
How many voters are in Los Angeles County?
With more than 500 political districts and 4.3 million registered voters, the County is the largest and most complex election jurisdiction in the nation.
Also, we need to find out how to nominate Orly Taitz as the Governor of "New California"... she would be fantastic. She missed a great opportunity to be one of the two Congressional Delegates. Having Orly in the 118th screeching "Let Me Finish!" to McCarthy and the chair would be wonderful on C-SPAN. Orly could work with Rev Dr Laity Esq and Mike Volin to get those Sheriff's Kits to the new Congress, and Orly could introduce bill after bill about Harrison J. Bournel with enlarged zibits and literally chase people down the hallways (barefoot if necessary).

Maybe seems unrealistic, but hell so does this whole dopey grift. Why not dream big? :lol: We could coordinate a Fogbow-wide effort and everybody could post on whatever Twitter pages are out there for "New California" and concern troll them that unless they have a Civil Rights & Konstitutional decedent, it'll never happen. #DraftOrlyTaitzForQueenOfNewCalifornia :dance:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

I'm a little confused as to where they get the idea that the CA state legislature will also go along with it, since that would seem to be a black letter requirement. But, you know, I'm sure it's in the fine, detailed, common sense plan which displays the same grasp of logic, facts, law, and basic principles of political science as every other pronouncement from that kind of political movement.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

orlylicious wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:28 am Kriselda, from how these lunatics coded the map, it seems like everything in RED is "New California"... so SF, LA, etc would be all that's left of "Old California".
OMFG! That's even stupider than what I thought they were suggesting. That is one Hel of a grift they've got going!

And, yes, Orly is *exactly* the person this racket needs in any capacity, really. Personally, I think there should be a groundswell of support for replacing one of the delegates in her district so she can go instead, because I can only imagine how much fun she could have with MTG and Boebert...
somerset

Post by somerset »

Santa Clara county is in "New California!!?!?!" Right. San Jose and much of Silicon Valley is going to be lumped in with the RWNJs of Shasta, San Berdoo, etc.?
I think they also don't realize just how blue San Diego county has become, and how blue Ventura/Santa Barbara counties always have been (there's a reason the somewhat moderate Tom McClintock moved from Thousand Oaks to Sacramento in 2008(ish)). This map doesn't make much sense.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:41 pm
EFD47326-92CC-4772-B447-E12CF15D47EE.png
LOL :lol: They are certainly ambitious with their proposed map.

Did they even bother looking at election result maps before coming up with this? :think:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

somerset wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:54 am Santa Clara county is in "New California!!?!?!" Right. San Jose and much of Silicon Valley is going to be lumped in with the RWNJs of Shasta, San Berdoo, etc.?
I think they also don't realize just how blue San Diego county has become, and how blue Ventura/Santa Barbara counties always have been (there's a reason the somewhat moderate Tom McClintock moved from Thousand Oaks to Sacramento in 2008(ish)). This map doesn't make much sense.
There is so, so much about this that doesn't make any sense.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Post by Foggy »

But ... but we've got lunatics signed up to pretend to be the gubbermint in most of the 58 counties in the state! That makes us really serious pretend gubbermint people!
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

I'd like to point out that Sonoma County is BLUE.

Dare I mention that Marin County is also firmly BLUE?
much ado

Post by much ado »

I’m stuck in a hotel in Grass Valley, CA, so I’m using my phone.

The map above is not the actual map of “Old California”. Go to their video where they show OC as being all coastal counties from Marin to LA plus Sacramento.

Will post more later.
much ado

Post by much ado »

Actually, probably starts at Sonoma at the north.
Annrc
Verified:

Post by Annrc »

Are they usurping on the potential State of Jefferson territory?
much ado

Post by much ado »

Yep. Sure looks like it.
Jim

Post by Jim »

humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Here are the results of the 2020 Presidential election by county:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-e ... nt-results

Even San Bernardino, Riverside, and Imperial Counties are blue. Not to mention Inyo, Mono, Lake, Butte and a lot of others.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Luke

Post by Luke »

This should be their motto. h/t Tom Ryan
jim rose circus @jimrosecircus1 Feb 3

If you watch Jaws backwards it is a heartwarming story about a shark who gives arms and legs to those who need them. ❤️
much ado

Post by much ado »

Here is the map shown in their video (about 28 seconds in) in Orlylicious' first post:

"Old California" comprises the counties along the coast from Sonoma down to Los Angeles plus Sacramento and also Yolo County, where UC Davis is. For some reason, it does not include Contra Costa County, one of the East Bay counties, which is of some interest to me, because that is where I am. I don't know what would make Contra Costa County different from other Bay Area counties.

I'll try to read some of their stuff and come back with questions...

(I survived my ordeal in Grass Valley.)
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Just a guess. Oil refineries.
101010 :towel:
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

much ado wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:01 pm Here is the map shown in their video (about 28 seconds in) in Orlylicious' first post:

"Old California" comprises the counties along the coast from Sonoma down to Los Angeles plus Sacramento and also Yolo County, where UC Davis is. For some reason, it does not include Contra Costa County, one of the East Bay counties, which is of some interest to me, because that is where I am. I don't know what would make Contra Costa County different from other Bay Area counties.

growing up in CC the county has always had a problem: when they wanted to split the state n/s, the county could have been a nuclear power if they aligned with SoCal. not so much by aligning NorCal.

just not the refineries, but the Naval Shipyard and I think there is a sugar refinery in Benicia
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
somerset

Post by somerset »

Flatpoint High wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:38 am
much ado wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:01 pm Here is the map shown in their video (about 28 seconds in) in Orlylicious' first post:

growing up in CC the county has always had a problem: when they wanted to split the state n/s, the county could have been a nuclear power if they aligned with SoCal. not so much by aligning NorCal.

just not the refineries, but the Naval Shipyard and I think there is a sugar refinery in Benicia
There are no more shipyards in the Bay Area that service USN ships. There is only one remaining shipyard* in Oakland, and it's a small, kinda crappy operation (Mrs Somerset is a naval architect who has worked in and managed large, commercial shipyards in Singapore, Johor Bahru and Manila. She interviewed with them and was unimpressed). The do service some local USCG vessels, but they're primarily focused on commercial traffic out of Oakland. The main USN shipyards today are in San Diego and Bremerton.

*plenty of boatyards that service pleasure craft, but not "real" shipyards ;)
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Flatpoint High wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:38 am

Close; it is Crockett. C&H Sugar (privately held) still maintains a sugar refinery despite the last shipment of cane from Hawai'i arrived in 2017 or thereabouts. It processes sugar from other sources today.

An interesting fact that is not well known is that it takes a whole lot of fresh water to process raw materials into granulated sugar. There is an agreement (I think it is X2) that requires a minimum fresh water flow out of the delta and towards the bay. X2 is a variable distance from the Golden Gate depending upon water flow.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde

Return to “Current Politics”