Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

House Oversight and Accountability Committee

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

House Oversight panel requests records from Hunter Biden and James Biden

Rep. James Comer of Kentucky, the Republican chairman of the House Oversight and Accountability Committee, has made the panel's first official requests for documents from President Biden's son, Hunter Biden, and his brother, James Biden, over foreign business pursuits.

In letters first obtained by CBS News, Comer informed Hunter and James Biden, as well as their then-business manager, that he is seeking documents and communications from the Bidens as part of his committee's probe into to any possible involvement by the president in their financial conduct, in particular in foreign business deals "with individuals who were connected to the Chinese Communist Party." Comer accused them in his letter of receiving "significant amounts of money from foreign companies without providing any known legitimate services."
:snippity:
Comer has asked the president's son and brother for any record "designated classified" the two may possess, plus communications between the president or James Biden and his wife, Sara Jones Biden, and Hunter Biden over an 11-year period from Jan. 20, 2009, regarding travel and financial activity.

Now that the Republicans are in the majority in the House, they have subpoena power. Comer has given the Bidens until Feb. 22 to respond before he considers issuing a subpoena for documents and testimony. Speaking to CBS News, Comer did not rule out subpoenas as early as April.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hunter-bid ... mes-comer/

Demand letter: https://oversight.house.gov/wp-content/ ... -Biden.pdf
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Republican Rep. James Comer, chairman of the House Oversight and Accountability Committee, is demanding access to Biden’s visitor logs.

“Given the serious national security implications, the White House must provide the Wilmington residence’s visitor log,” Comer wrote to White House chief of staff Ron Klain. “As Chief of Staff, you are head of the Executive Office of the President and bear responsibility to be transparent with the American people on these important issues related to the White House’s handling of this matter.”

Comer added: “President Biden has spent a large amount of time at his Delaware residence since assuming office. Americans deserve to know who President Biden is meeting with, especially since we know that he routinely met with Hunter’s business associates during his time as vice president. The Biden Administration must provide transparency to the American people.”
https://conservativebrief.com/say-pelosi-70510/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Hunter Biden lawyer shoots down records request from House Republicans
A lawyer for the president's son said the committee “lacks a legitimate legislative purpose and oversight basis for requesting such records from Mr. Biden, who is a private citizen.”

Hunter Biden's legal counsel on Thursday rejected a request from House Republicans for records and information related to his business dealings.

In a letter to House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer, R-Ky., the lawyer, Abbe Lowell, said the committee “lacks a legitimate legislative purpose and oversight basis for requesting such records from Mr. Biden, who is a private citizen.” Lowell said they would not comply with the Republicans’ request but offered to meet with committee members “to see whether Mr. Biden has information that may inform some legitimate legislative purpose.”
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna69884
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

"NO! The IRS is auditing ... " ;)
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Extract from a draft of the letter found in the waste paper basket...

The Committee on Oversight and Accountability is investigating Former President Trump’s connections to certain international and domestic business transactions and practices, including you and your associates who peddled influence to generate millions of dollars for the Trump family. Evidence shows that you engaged in foreign business deals with individuals who were connected to the Saudi, Chinese and Russian Government and received significant amounts of money from foreign companies without providing any known legitimate services. You and your associates’ financial conduct raises significant ethics and national security concerns. The Committee requests documents and communications related to our investigation of Former President Trump’s involvement in illegal and unethical financial conduct.

The Committee is investigating Former President Trump’s knowledge of and role in these foreign business deals to assess whether he has compromised our national security at the expense of the American people. Additionally, we will examine drafting legislation to strengthen federal ethics laws regarding public officials and their families. We will also analyze and make recommendations regarding federal laws and regulations to ensure that financial institutions have the proper internal controls and compliance programs to alert federal agencies of potential money laundering activity. The Oversight Committee is committed to exposing the waste, fraud, and abuse that has taken place at the highest levels of our government, and your documents are critical to our investigation.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

James Comer on Newsmax claims that PGA golf "canceled Trump" because "they were being woke, like all the other big companies now"
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Gomer the new Gohmert :?: :blackeye: :violin:
raison de arizona

It hasn’t gotten breathless coverage, mostly, but the Oversight Committee has been busy.
🤔Trump was indicted ONE DAY AFTER #BidenCrimeFamily payments were exposed

COMER: It’s very odd this would come out the *very next day* after I revealed bank records showing the Biden family, the President in particular, haven’t been truthful with his family receiving payments DIRECTLY from the Chinese Communist Party.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

OMFSM - just picking on entries in bank accounts without knowing anything of the transactional and economic background leading up to such payments. :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Now do Ivanka’s clothing, jewelry, and shoe lines, Mr Comer.
raison de arizona

SQUIRREL!
Rep. James Comer @RepJamesComer wrote: I now have access to the Biden family's suspicious activity reports from @USTreasury.

I have also subpoenaed Biden family band records.

And Biden family associates connected to the schemes are talking to @GOPoversight.

It doesn't look good for @POTUS.

@FoxNews
bob

Post by bob »

Comer wrote:Biden family band records
What about the band's cassette tapes? CDs?
Edit: Type-O. :bag:
Image ImageImage
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

bob wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:39 am
What the band's cassette tapes? CDs?
Reel to reel..... :smoking:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:53 pm
78s
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:53 pm
My personal favorite was Biden My Time. The title track to that album was really good. But I also liked Hunter The Hunted and Hard Drivin’ Blues. I recently heard a pretty good cover of Mac Isaac’s Lament, but I can’t remember who did it.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
raison de arizona

Rep. James Comer @RepJamesComer wrote: 🚨 @GOPoversight has now learned that when Joe Biden left the vice presidency, boxes containing classified info were stored in 3 locations around D.C.

Documents were not in a ‘locked closet’ at the Penn Biden Center. They were scattered & Americans deserve answers. @FoxNews
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Uhhhhhh, so were they in boxes in 3 locations or where they scattered about?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Is Jordan wearing a red tire vs. his usual yellow tie? Someone please ask him.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Maybenaut wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:04 pm :snippity:
My personal favorite was Biden My Time. The title track to that album was really good. But I also liked Hunter The Hunted and Hard Drivin’ Blues. I recently heard a pretty good cover of Mac Isaac’s Lament, but I can’t remember who did it.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:18 pm https://twitter.com/RepJamesComer/statu ... 0914004997
Rep. James Comer @RepJamesComer wrote: 🚨 @GOPoversight has now learned that when Joe Biden left the vice presidency, boxes containing classified info were stored in 3 locations around D.C.

Documents were not in a ‘locked closet’ at the Penn Biden Center. They were scattered & Americans deserve answers. @FoxNews
IIRC the documents were under control of NARA - so what?
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Lol the replies, seem skeptical.
raison de arizona

Comer has got a bee in his bonnet about Wray not kowtowing to him.
► Show Spoiler
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:14 pm Comer has got a bee in his bonnet about Wray not kowtowing to him.
► Show Spoiler
The FBI is playing with him. In part of the letter they Comer wrote of VP Biden in June 2020 (when VP was only the honorary title). Not did he specify the search needed to be for a Joe or Joseph Biden. And he Comer believes a certain specific amount was named in the document he requests. Maybe it's not there or different, so no responsive document was found by the FBI. He shows himself shocked that hundreds of documents on the name Biden exists in June 2020. Well, agents sweep the underworld and any small tidbit gets reported, mostly to protect the former VP against bodily harm.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Democrats Roast Republicans During Hearing on Gas Stoves
The House Oversight Committee held a hearing fear-mongering about gas stoves as an economic disaster looms

BY NIKKI MCCANN RAMIREZ
MAY 24, 2023

THE WHITE HOUSE and Republican leadership are currently attempting to negotiate a debt-ceiling deal to avoid an economic disaster. Republicans on the House Oversight Committee are tackling something far more important: the God-given right to buy a gas stove.

On Wednesday, the Oversight Committee held a hearing titled “Consumer Choice on the Backburner: Examining the Biden Administration’s Regulatory Assault on Americans’ Gas Stoves.” The hearing is part of a convoluted, culture-war-fueled attempt by Republicans to cast proposed efficiency standards for gas stoves as an all-out assault on Americans’ freedom to choose their cooktops.

If it sounds dumb, it’s because it is. The Consumer Product Safety Commission clarified in January that they have no desire to seize your gas cooking appliances, and Democrats on the committee were quick to point out that the hearing was a ridiculous waste of time given everything else going on.

“I have a six-burner double oven range that sits on legs. I mean, I miss her right now as we’re talking about it,” joked Rep. Jared Moskowitz (D-Fla.) in a sarcastic critique of Republicans’ priorities. “I want to apologize on behalf of the Democratic Party that we have decided to [prioritize] kids’ safety in their neighborhoods, from getting gunned down in movie theaters or grocery stores, or school churches or synagogues. We as Democrats have clearly lost our way, that we are not focused on appliances.”

“My friends across the aisle are telling those parents that you can breathe a sigh of relief that the Grand Appliance Party is going to make sure your gas stove goes nowhere,” he added. “The good news for you today is that if you have to shut down your business because the country defaults, your gas stove will still be there. And so, you know, I look forward to the legislation of our time, the Appliance Bill of Rights.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 234741150/
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

re above - intro skipped

Return to “Current Politics”