House Oversight and Accountability Committee

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

They finally released the transcript and it does nothing to bolster their conspiracy theories

https://oversight.house.gov/wp-content/ ... script.pdf

Bump's thread goes through everything
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 3ba7&ei=26
Rep. James Comer (R-KY) accused Donald Trump‘s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, of breaching ethical boundaries over a Saudi investment deal.

What Happened: The House Oversight Committee Chairman, in an interview with CNN, said that Kushner "crossed the line of ethics" as he accepted a $2 billion investment from the Saudi government for his private investment firm, six months after leaving the White House.

"I've been vocal that I think that what Kushner did crossed the line of ethics," Comer said.
:confuzzled:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:faint:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:07 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 3ba7&ei=26
Rep. James Comer (R-KY) accused Donald Trump‘s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, of breaching ethical boundaries over a Saudi investment deal.

What Happened: The House Oversight Committee Chairman, in an interview with CNN, said that Kushner "crossed the line of ethics" as he accepted a $2 billion investment from the Saudi government for his private investment firm, six months after leaving the White House.

"I've been vocal that I think that what Kushner did crossed the line of ethics," Comer said.
:confuzzled:
But did he subpoena the bank accounts of the T crime family and follow the money leads, just like for Hunter BIden :think: :?:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Shirley you jest :roll:

I am sure, with all the media appearances Comer makes on the teevee, I have never, ever heard him mention Kushner.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

The Intellectualist @highbrow_nobrow wrote: Comer claims they were right at that point where they “traced it” to President Biden but Garland foiled their plans by appointing a special counsel. @Acyn
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:17 pm https://twitter.com/highbrow_nobrow/sta ... 92881?s=20
The Intellectualist @highbrow_nobrow wrote: Comer claims they were right at that point where they “traced it” to President Biden but Garland foiled their plans by appointing a special counsel. @Acyn
Yeah - but when they could not get a "special counsel" they neither revealed the damning evidence they had in their hands :doh: :brickwallsmall: :cantlook:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

So it's a Quantum Special Council. It both prevents and does not prevent them from indicting President Biden and revealing their evidence.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

:lol: quantum

Benny Johnson @bennyjohnson wrote: 🚨BREAKING: House Oversight Chair James Comer DEMANDS National Archives release unredacted records from when Joe Biden was VP relating to Hunter Biden, Burisma, and Ukraine in new FOIA request
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:04 am :lol: quantum

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status ... 00388?s=20
Benny Johnson @bennyjohnson wrote: 🚨BREAKING: House Oversight Chair James Comer DEMANDS National Archives release unredacted records from when Joe Biden was VP relating to Hunter Biden, Burisma, and Ukraine in new FOIA request
Hmmm - from what I remember about the National Archive law, they do not answer to this kind of FOIA requests. They can grant a researcher access to the archive documents for doing the research themselves as defined in the law. And iirc the respective president of the time has a veto right on the material for the first several decades. The current administration has the right to drop back on docs of the former administration. A FOIA request would only apply to the functions of the agency itself, not the archived data. Comer obviously does not know what he is doing :brickwallsmall:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:16 am ..... Comer obviously does not know what he is doing :brickwallsmall:
shocked.jpg
shocked.jpg (74.79 KiB) Viewed 1736 times

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Squirrel!
https://x.com/GOPoversight/status/17067 ... 10937?s=20
Oversight Committee @GOPoversight wrote: 🚨CHINA WIRES LIST JOE’S HOME AS BENEFICIARY ADDRESS 🚨

A few months after Joe Biden announced his candidacy in 2019, information available to the Committee shows Hunter Biden received two wires from China for $250,000 and $10,000, including from Jonathan Li.

More alarming, the wires have Joe Biden’s home in Wilmington, DE as the beneficiary address.

Weeks after those payments were made, Hunter’s lawyer George Mesires said Hunter Biden served with BHR “only as a member of its board of directors,” which was purportedly an “unpaid position.”

Here is the breakdown of events.

2009-2017: During his time as Vice President and prior to later payments to Hunter Biden, evidence shows Joe Biden developed a familiar relationship with Jonathan Li. Devon Archer, a Biden business associate, described how Joe Biden met with Jonathan Li for coffee in Beijing, China, had a phone call with him, and wrote college recommendation letters for his children.

April 25, 2019: Joe Biden announced his candidacy in the 2020 presidential election.

July 26, 2019: Wang Xin wired $10,000 with Joe Biden’s home listed on the wire.

August 2, 2019: Jonathan Li wired $250,000 with Joe Biden’s home listed on the wire.

October 13, 2019: George Mesires, who served as Hunter Biden’s lawyer, stated, in part, that Hunter Biden served with BHR “only as a member of its board of directors,” which was purportedly an “unpaid position.”

October 22, 2020: During a presidential debate, Joe Biden said, “My son has not made money […] in China.”

It has your address on the wires, sir…
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Hubs’ errant son has mail delivered to our house all the time. We set it aside and hand it to him, unopened, when he comes by. Show me the deposits into Joe’s bank acct.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

xpost, it all comes out tomorrow. Cuffs for the big guy :lol:
raison de arizona wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:19 pm All the evidence is coming out tomorrow. I can hardly wait. Oh, and Garland is obstructing justice :lol:
Rep Andy Biggs @RepAndyBiggsAZ wrote: Joe Biden has been complicit in Hunter's corrupt business deals for years.

Tomorrow, we lay all the evidence out in one place.

You'll want to watch live @GOPoversight.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

wash, rinse, repeat

FWIW also consider the source

tek

Post by tek »

seems pretty tenuous to me.. another wet fart to keep this in the news..
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

tek wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:08 am seems pretty tenuous to me.. another wet fart to keep this in the news..
This won't be leaving my brain bone any time soon. :shock:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:39 am
tek wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:08 am seems pretty tenuous to me.. another wet fart to keep this in the news..
This won't be leaving my brain bone any time soon. :shock:
That's the wash, rinse, repeat part 8-)
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

No, they have a PICTURE of the Chinese flag GIVING JOE BIDEN $40,000.

That's proof right there, on the Tee Vee screen. :towel:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/08/politics ... index.html
The House Oversight Committee subpoenaed Hunter and James Biden, President Joe Biden’s son and brother, the panel announced Wednesday, setting up a highly anticipated showdown as House Republicans continue to search for whether the President committed an impeachable offense in connection to his family’s foreign business dealings – a high bar they have yet to meet.

The Republican-led panel also said it had subpoenaed a business associate of the Biden family, Rob Walker, and requested voluntary interviews with a list of individuals including Sara Biden, James’ Biden’s wife, Hallie Biden, the widow of the president’s oldest son, Beau Biden who Hunter Biden was romantically involved with, and Tony Bobulinski, another business associate of the President’s son.

Wednesday’s subpoenas are the first time the panel has directly subpoenaed members of the Biden family and come as House Republicans are focusing on a list of high-profile interviews they want to conduct before wrapping up their impeachment inquiry into the president.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Kendra wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:46 pm https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/08/politics ... index.html
The House Oversight Committee subpoenaed Hunter and James Biden, President Joe Biden’s son and brother, the panel announced Wednesday, setting up a highly anticipated showdown as House Republicans continue to search for whether the President committed an impeachable offense in connection to his family’s foreign business dealings – a high bar they have yet to meet.

The Republican-led panel also said it had subpoenaed a business associate of the Biden family, Rob Walker, and requested voluntary interviews with a list of individuals including Sara Biden, James’ Biden’s wife, Hallie Biden, the widow of the president’s oldest son, Beau Biden who Hunter Biden was romantically involved with, and Tony Bobulinski, another business associate of the President’s son.

Wednesday’s subpoenas are the first time the panel has directly subpoenaed members of the Biden family and come as House Republicans are focusing on a list of high-profile interviews they want to conduct before wrapping up their impeachment inquiry into the president.
:shrug: I mean...isn't complying with congressional subpoenas optional? Just ask Jim Jordan.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

So many phrases come to mind ... abuse of power ... show cause ... malicious prosecution.

It's all so pointless. I expect the Dems to have quite a lot to say. And I guess the fascists only hurt themselves.

So who thinks the Bidens will show up?
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Just write back

“I decline to attend as I am invoking the Jim Jordan defence.”
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:confuzzled: Aren't they supposed to be doing important stuff like a budget?

Return to “Current Politics”