Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

President Joe Biden's Joint Address to Congress! SOTU 9pm ET February 7, 2023 - State Of The Union

Let's get back to normalcy. Does normalcy fit into your schedule?

What are you doing tonight?

Joining the Fogbow Virtual Meetup
9%
Watching the State of the Union address
16%
Both, Foggy said we have to do both! We better do both!
7%
I'm washing my hair that night.
7%
Foggy can't make me do anything, hahaha whatta punk
13%
What was the question again?
49%

Total votes: 45

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

President Joe Biden's Joint Address to Congress! SOTU 9pm ET February 7, 2023 - State Of The Union

Post by Foggy »

This is tonight, immediately following the Fogbow Virtual Meetup.

Attendance is mandatory at both events unless you are doing something else or nothing at all, so clear the decks unless you don't really feel like clearing decks at this point in the process. There will be a quiz unless you don't really feel like taking a quiz.

PREVIEW
The Congress of the United States of America has been fully and finally converted into a circus.

Expect clowns. Lots of them. 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡

* title copied from prior years and updated
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Foggy
Dick Tater

I am so cool, I added a POLL!!

Post by Foggy »

Whoa, because of the outstanding response, I added a very professional stupid hilarious poll, so don't forget to fill it out unless you kind of feel like forgetting to fill out the poll.
Foggy
Dick Tater

WHO IS THAT PUNK FOGGY ANYWAY?

Post by Foggy »

I voted "Who is that punk Foggy?" for 20,000 points, Alex.

And I briefly considered staying up and trying to keep the Virtual Meetup going during the SOTU, but here's the thing:

I have fizzikal therapy at 8 in the morning. And I have to be there, because:
  • Last Wednesday I had to cancel with stomach issues, and I was dying of some loathsome new blood disorder, as you may recall, but I rescheduled for 8 a.m. Thursday.
  • Last Thursday I had to cancel because I have Musical Asskicking on Thursdays at 8:30 and I don't know what the hell I was thinking, scheduling fizzikal therapy for 8 the same day :doh: :blackeye: but I rescheduled for 8 a.m. Friday.
  • Last Friday I had to cancel because my back went out on me and I couldn't drive down there to save my life.

So I kinda feel obligated to be there in timely fashion mañana, and that means no SOTU for the poor ol' rooster.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Today my parents are dropping stuff off for a ceremony this weekend (for the SCAdians here, Dr. Vicklund's writing partner is being elevated to the Order of the Laurel), and also, too, Dr. Vicklund is getting more ancienter :oldlady: Also, we don't have cable or streaming services to watch the SoTU.
Foggy
Dick Tater

HALL PASS FOR VICKLUND, PARTY OF TWO?

Post by Foggy »

Okay, here's a hall pass for you AND Dr. V. :bighug:
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I always try to watch SOTU, read stuff like transcripts and the backgrounds on candidates, and of course, I vote. I kind of feel like it is my duty. But it's getting more and more difficult. And it truly has become a scary clown show.

Will Marjorie Traitor Green bring a big white balloon to the SOTU?
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:50 pm Today my parents are dropping stuff off for a ceremony this weekend (for the SCAdians here, Dr. Vicklund's writing partner is being elevated to the Order of the Laurel), and also, too, Dr. Vicklund is getting more ancienter :oldlady: Also, we don't have cable or streaming services to watch the SoTU.
Congrats on all counts! :oldman:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I like hearing about the guest choices to hear the speech. CNN is covering it, but fortunately not the R choices. FLOTUS is on it.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

John Kennedy with the only preview of Biden's SOTU you need
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

"Worms, Roxanne. Worms." - Roxanne written by Steve Martin.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

If she actually brings that Balloon into the chamber, I hope Biden has something ready to pop it.
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I just got home from work, knackered.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I expect to see the extreme Republicans (the 2020 election deniers) being very disrespectful during the speech.

(although I am heartened that MTG will not be permitted to enter with her balloon prop).
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Well, even though I am not a fashionista, who the hell is wearing the hideous yellow butterfly sleeves dress?!?!?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:06 pm Well, even though I am not a fashionista, who the hell is wearing the hideous yellow butterfly sleeves dress?!?!?
Sinema.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

I haven't seen Kitara. Where is she?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

neonzx wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:43 pm I haven't seen Kitara. Where is she?
You mean Santos? Romney apparently verbally berated Santos, when Romney came into the room and saw him in an aisle seat.
Hic sunt dracones
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Dark Brandon is in the HOUSE! :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Foggy wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:16 pm This is tonight, immediately following the Fogbow Virtual Meetup.

Attendance is mandatory at both events unless you are doing something else or nothing at all, so clear the decks unless you don't really feel like clearing decks at this point in the process. There will be a quiz unless you don't really feel like taking a quiz.

PREVIEW
The Congress of the United States of America has been fully and finally converted into a circus.

Expect clowns. Lots of them. 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡

* title copied from prior years and updated
I watched about 5 minutes of the SOTU. Your preview insults circuses.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Holy crap. The House is rocking!

Biden on the rampage. I love it.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I don't always watch it, but I'm enjoying this one.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Well that was very nice.

Now they are awaiting the Republican response and this thing to appear on my TV. I turned off my TV before that could happen.

Image4
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Four Supreme Court justices absent from Biden's State of the Union
Justices Clarence Thomas, Sam Alito, Sonia Sotomayor and Neil Gorsuch didn't attend the address

By Thomas Catenacci | Fox News
Published February 7, 2023 9:48pm EST

Four Supreme Court justices opted against attending President Biden's State of the Union address at the U.S. Capitol on Tuesday evening.

Biden greeted five of the high court's nine justices — John Roberts, Elena Kagan, Brett Kavanaugh, Amy Coney Barrett and Ketanji Brown Jackson — shortly before he began his speech, according to video footage of the event. The four justices absent were Clarence Thomas, Sam Alito, Sonia Sotomayor and Neil Gorsuch.

The president spent a brief moment, in particular, with Jackson, the newest Supreme Court Justice and the first Black woman to hold a seat on the court. Jackson is the only justice Biden selected for the Supreme Court.

"The story of America is a story of progress and resilience," Biden began his address. "Of always moving forward. Of never giving up. A story that is unique among all nations. We are the only country that has emerged from every crisis stronger than when we entered it. That is what we are doing again."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/four-s ... -the-union
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Sarah Huckabee Sanders attacks ‘left-wing culture war’ in SOTU response
Tuesday’s event is set to mark the rapid elevation for Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders, who was sworn into elected office for the first time just weeks ago.

By NICK NIEDZWIADEK
02/07/2023 08:48 PM EST

Republican Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders is set to undercut President Joe Biden’s State of the Union address as beholden to “woke fantasies” and untethered from mainstream America.

“Most Americans simply want to live their lives in freedom and peace, but we are under attack in a left-wing culture war we didn’t start and never wanted to fight,” Sanders, who is tasked with giving the GOP response, said in prepared excerpts released before the president’s speech.

Tuesday’s event is set to mark the rapid elevation for Sanders, who was sworn into elected office for the first time just weeks ago. However, she is far from a political neophyte, as her father held the same position she now occupies from 1996-2007 and Sanders previously served as press secretary in the Trump White House. She also represents a new class of Republicans attempting to marry Trumpism with more traditional parts of GOP orthodoxy.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/02/0 ... r-00081687

Return to “Biden Administration”