Nikki Haley 2024 - Nimarata Nikki Haley (née Randhawa) - Jan 20, 1972 (Poll)

How long Will Nimarata Nikki Haley's Candidacy for President Last?

Less than a year
16%
Until she's humiliated and ridiculed and driven out by Trump
23%
Until she runs out of grift from the marks
23%
Until the Debates
2%
Until the first few Primaries
11%
Until one of the candidates has a majority of the delegates
No votes
All the way to the Convention
9%
Hey, that's President Nimrata to you!
2%
Really, it never started
14%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 56

Phoenix520
Verified:

Nikki Haley 2024 - Nimrata Nikki Randhawa Haley - Jan 20, 1972 (Poll)

Post by Phoenix520 »

She’s not wrong. I get that tfg would be offended - and, notice, Joe has taken no notice - because he IS impaired. He’s super thin skinned

I can think of several Senators who are way past their freshness dates; Grassley springs immediately to mind, but if I looked I’d find others.

There are others for whom 75 is fine, no issues to speak of. Great! Keep their wisdom and experience. I’m not ageist, I want capable people.

I hope the Republicans keep beating each other up over it. It’s entertaining :P
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Boo! Hiss!
Haley ‘inclined in favor’ of Trump pardon
Her remarks came after she called the former president ‘reckless.’

After calling Donald Trump “reckless,” Nikki Haley on Tuesday said she would still be “inclined” to pardon him if he is convicted of federal charges.

Haley’s remarks on the conservative Clay Travis and Buck Sexton radio show came after the former U.N. ambassador and GOP presidential candidate on Monday said the allegations against Trump, if true, show that he put “all of our military men and women in danger.”

In Tuesday’s interview, Haley maintained that Trump was “incredibly reckless with our national security,” based on the indictment — but not reckless enough to deserve to carry out a sentence.

“When you look at a pardon, the issue is less about guilt and more about what’s good for the country,” Haley said. “And I think it would be terrible for the country to have a former president in prison for years because of a documents case.

“So I would be inclined in favor of a pardon.”
:snippity:
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/06/1 ... n-00101795
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Biden-Harris HQ @BidenHQ wrote: Haley: I do think there’s a place for a federal law banning abortion
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

IMG_6826.jpeg
IMG_6826.jpeg (269.67 KiB) Viewed 11264 times
► Show Spoiler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Haley plays a blame game.

Haley blames a ‘Democratic plant’ for Civil War question that tripped her up
The former South Carolina governor also said that the war was, indeed, about slavery.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/12/2 ... e-00133268
Hours after declining to do so, Nikki Haley said on Thursday morning that she believed slavery was, indeed, the cause of the Civil War. She suggested that the person who had asked her the question the night before was a “Democratic plant.”

“Well, two things on this track. I mean, of course, the Civil War was about slavery. We know that, that’s the easy part of it,” the former South Carolina governor told The Pulse of NH — News Talk Radio Network. “What I was saying was, what does it mean to us today? What it means to us today is about freedom. That’s what that was all about. It was about individual freedom. It was about economic freedom. It was about individual rights. Our goal is to make sure, no, we never go back to the stain of slavery.”

She did not go further in addressing why she did not say as much on Wednesday evening when she appeared at a town hall event in Berlin, New Hampshire. Instead, she posited that she had been set up.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

:lol:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Democratic plant or not (not), she should have known the answer BEFORE she got her ass kicked in social media. It's not rocket science.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Volkonski wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:02 am Haley blames a ‘Democratic plant’ for Civil War question that tripped her up
That question was a real head tickler, weren't it?
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Her "clarification" is still obtuse. She says the question was "what does it mean to us today."

1. Not at all the simple question from the audience member ("what was the cause of the Civil War")
2. No one thinks about what the Civil War "means to us today." Maybe the flag or monuments mean different things to different people, but the war? LOL

I live in Alabama. Even in the RWNJ places I stalk no one talks about the war. It's all: "Heritage Not Hate.*" ffs

*yes, that's stupid, too.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
bob

Post by bob »

Further evidence that Haley actually is auditioning for the veep slot.
Image ImageImage
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

“Democratic plant”
IMG_5628.jpeg
IMG_5628.jpeg (175.11 KiB) Viewed 11106 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

Haley has a long history of avoiding slavery as a cause for the Civil War, apparently.
MeidasTouch @MeidasTouch wrote: FLASHBACK: During a 2010 interview with neo-Confederates, Nikki Haley avoided saying the the Civil War was fought over slavery and instead implied the South was “fighting for tradition” while the Union was “fighting for change.”
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Her position in the previous administration would mean a hard no for me anyway.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

She wasn't prepared for the job of Ambassador at the U.N. She's not prepared for the job of the presidency or vice presidency.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:51 pm She wasn't prepared for the job of Ambassador at the U.N. She's not prepared for the job of the presidency or vice presidency.
Or for local dog catcher..... :biggrin:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

She was NEVER going to get the VP spot.

She took minutes away from the news coverage of Trango during his administration, and that is a crime he will never forgive. Plus even pretending to run for the post he should be given by fiat shows total disloyalty.

Trango chose Pense because he had no future left in politics and he was totally invisible. Pense was about to lose the Indiana Governorship as he was unpopular even members of his own party, so naming him meant that Pense would never upstage or go against the Great Diaper. Getting sacked would cast Pense into the wilderness.

Haley is a very capable person who would have a future no matter what. That's threatening to the Orange one, whether its a man or a woman.
Hic sunt dracones
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Suranis wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:09 pm :snippity:
Trango chose Pense because he had no future left in politics and he was totally invisible. Pense was about to lose the Indiana Governorship as he was unpopular even members of his own party, so naming him meant that Pense would never upstage or go against the Great Diaper. Getting sacked would cast Pense into the wilderness.

:snippity:
Don't forget, Pence was critical too, also to make Zee Orange Furher palatable to the fundie christians of the Reich Wing...thinking he'd actually [ :rotflmao: ] be able to influence the administration....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

Some contorted logic here.
No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen @NoLieWithBTC wrote: Wow. Nikki Haley goes full MAGA, says she would pardon Trump if he were convicted of a crime in a court of law.

She says it’s not in “the best interest of our country to have an 80-year-old man sitting in jail.”
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Tell that to Leonard Peltier.
bob

Post by bob »

She says it’s not in “the best interest of our country to have an 80-year-old man sitting in jail.”
There are many elderly people in prisons. They're there because they committed crimes. Duh.

But to credit Haley, she also was trying to remind voters that her opponent is old while attempting not to sound ageist.
Image ImageImage
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

How is a President Haley going to pardon a man who is convicted on state charges?

She is just pandering to the MAGA crowd.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:44 am How is a President Haley going to pardon a man who is convicted on state charges?

She is just pandering to the MAGA crowd.
Yep, but hoping that's a hard no to independents.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

And she’d been doing so well in the polls recently.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

If she were concerned about an 80-year-old in prison, she could just commute the sentence (well, a federal sentence). But as has been pointed out, she is just pandering to the right.
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

So...Nikki gives an interview on one of the more serious Fox News programs. Neil Cavuto was off, but his guest host isn't one of the real crazies...

The interview did get around to the Civil War/slave question and usual deflection. But, I had to :roll: :roll: :roll: when she deflected it to all Americans should have absolute freedom to do whatever without the government interfering. Would have been nice to have the Fox host follow up and ask about Rs always butting into women's health issues and choices on abortions and all, but no...

I can't believe how thick headed they are over this topic. :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:

Return to “US President”