Racism back in fashion, did it ever fade?

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

‘Acts of Hatred and Violence: 14-Year-Old White Boy Tries to Drown Black Boy in Massachusetts Pond, Taunts Him by Calling Him ‘George Floyd,’ Faces Attempted Murder Charge

Nicole Duncan-Smith
Tue, September 5, 2023 at 4:13 PM GMT+2·

A 14-year-old white boy, whose identity remains undisclosed because of his age, faces charges in an alleged racially motivated murder attempt involving another youth.

The suspect reportedly threatened the victim with a stone and hurled the N-word at him, leading officials to denounce “acts of hatred,” particularly those based on race.

District Attorney Robert Galibois’ Office said the incident occurred in Chatham, Massachusetts, at Goose Pond on July 19.

The teenager was at the pond with two others, whom he reportedly told he could not swim. Reports say he was given a lifejacket to support himself, and with this precaution, he got into the water with the boys he had just met that day.

“Once in the water, the juvenile defendant proceeded to pull on the victim’s life jacket and submerged him underwater 4 to 5 times, causing the victim breathing distress. The third juvenile laughed at the victim during the attempted drowning and referred to the victim as ‘George Floyd,’” a press release from Galibois read.

The assault persisted as the 14-year-old swam beneath the Black youth, attempting to seize his feet and submerge him again. The prosecution asserts that the bullying ceased when the victim cried out for assistance from the shoreline, prompting a bystander to leap into the water, rescue him and bring him ashore.

The teen was indicted by a grand jury on attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon charge.

The district attorney said that the boy’s records “shall be open to public inspection in the same manner and to the same extent as adult criminal court records,” adding that all proceedings related to this case will be open to the public.

On Friday, Sept. 1, both Chatham’s select board and the Monomoy Regional School District issued statements regarding their positions on discrimination and diversity.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/acts-hatred- ... 59979.html
(original: Atlanta Black Star)
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Casual racism.
https://x.com/thejackhopkins/status/171 ... 79636?s=20
Jack Hopkins @thejackhopkins wrote: Two summers ago, a new neighbor of ours….who just assumed we were Trump supporters…was doing the typical “chat across the fence” thing that happens when two people happen to be in their yard and near the fence line at the same time.

We had some surface level chat about the housing market, etc….since he had just bought a house. He then took a swerve to the border. “Man, if we don’t get these Mexicans flooding across the border shut down…this country will be all screwed to hell.”

I asked, “Hey. Who roofed your fucking house last week? Looked like a hispanic crew to me. I didn’t see one person who looked like white. Know why? (We lived in a depressed economic rural setting) I’ll tell you why. Because every Goddamn white, high school drop out around here…is on social media bitching about not being able to make $40 fucking dollars an hour for doing NOTHING.”

He looked intimidated. I was comfortable with that.

I don’t know about where you live, but for the last twenty-years…in my area…I’ve watched immigrants happily doing hard jobs for a solid livable wage, and showing up to work on time every day of the week.

When it comes to hard, strenuous jobs….where you actually have to bust your ass all day long, the immigrants are the ones getting a lot of it done.

The neighbor hasn’t tried to speak to me again. That’s probably best.

I watched our weekly postings of who has been thrown in our county jail. There’s almost never an immigrant in our jail. It is flooded with repeat Meth addicts for stealing, domestic abuse, or assault charges of some kind.

I know one thing; I never see the people who are on in and out of our jail….on the roof of a house on a miserably scorching mid-July day making some Trump supporting asshole happy that they didn’t have to roof their own house. Never.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

We had six huge trees cut down last week ( :crying: ). Had no choice; they were endangering the house. The owner was white. The workers were Hispanic.

I've also signed a contract to have the house re-sided, new decks, electrical work done outside. In this area, the workers are mostly Amish. The work won't be done until January or February, so I'm curious to see if that holds true, but my daughter, who's an architect, said that's who is doing the work.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

The tree service we use on the North Fork has an Hispanic owner as well as Hispanic workers. After living in Texas for 38 years we know who gets the jobs done.:thumbsup:
AndyinPA wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:01 pm We had six huge trees cut down last week ( :crying: ). Had no choice; they were endangering the house. The owner was white. The workers were Hispanic.

I've also signed a contract to have the house re-sided, new decks, electrical work done outside. In this area, the workers are mostly Amish. The work won't be done until January or February, so I'm curious to see if that holds true, but my daughter, who's an architect, said that's who is doing the work.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Cornell.

Posts Online Threaten Jewish Students and Center for Jewish Living

https://cornellsun.com/2023/10/29/posts ... sh-living/
Threats were posted to Cornell’s Greekrank forums on Saturday, Oct. 28 and Sunday, Oct. 29, including one that threatened a shooting at 104West!, which is home to Cornell’s Center for Jewish Living and the kosher dining hall.

“if i see another synagogue another rally for the zionist globalist genocidal apartheid dictatorial entity known as “israel”, i will bring an assault rifle to campus and shoot all you pig jews [sic],” said one post titled “if i see another jew” by a poster calling themselves “hamas.” “jews are human animals and deserve a pigs death. Liberation by any means. From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free [sic]!”

The post also threatened to rape female Jewish students and behead Jewish babies in front of their parents.

Greekrank is a discussion site about the fraternities and sororities across colleges and universities, with user guidelines banning content that “contains hate speech or promotes or condones violence.”

Another post by screen name “jew evil” titled “jewish people need to be killed” [sic] called for students to follow Jewish students home from campus and slit their throats.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

OMG. Whoa. That's some shit. Dammit.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

According to Midas Touch and a couple other feeds, Tim Scott is dropping out of the presidential race.

He says they are calling him gay because they really want to call him the n word
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

sad-cafe wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:23 pm According to Midas Touch and a couple other feeds, Tim Scott is dropping out of the presidential race.

He says they are calling him gay because they really want to call him the n word
Isn't he in the "leopards at my face" party?
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

yup
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

sad-cafe wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:23 pm According to Midas Touch and a couple other feeds, Tim Scott is dropping out of the presidential race.

Well geee, guess you learn something new everyday huh Timmy.... :bored:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

NJ: Maplewood PD disciplines black female cop over hairstyle

WRAL
2 days ago

A black female officer in New Jersey is suing her department for alleged hair discrimination

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

This is a weird question. An elder relative said that at a point they stopped using "blacks' or the "N" word and went with calling them "Demcrats". Because they could get away with using the Democrat label.

Did that happen?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Texas man sentenced for hate crime, arson after setting fire to synagogue

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... press.coop
A Texas man has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for a hate crime and arson after he set a local synagogue on fire, the Department of Justice (DOJ) announced Wednesday.

Franklin Sechriest, 19, of San Marcos, admitted he targeted the Congregation Beth Israel Synagogue in Austin, Texas, “due to his hatred of” Jewish people, according to a news release. Authorities recovered journals in which Sechriest jotted down his antisemitic statements and views, noting that the suspect possessed several decals and stickers expressing antisemitic messages.

According to court documents, Sechriest drove to the synagogue’s parking lot outside its sanctuary on Oct. 28, 2021, three days before the arson attack, to “scout out” his target.

On the night of the attack, Sechriest returned to the synagogue and was seen on surveillance video carrying a five-gallon container and toilet paper toward the religious institution’s sanctuary.

Multiple surveillance videos then captured the glow of a fire from the direction of the sanctuary. A security camera captured Sechriest jogging away from the fire and toward a car with the drive’s side door open, the release said.

Authorities noted that the Austin Fire Department put out the fire, after a concerned bystander called it in.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

How do you carry that much hate at 19?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:11 pm How do you carry that much hate at 19?
By being surrounded by it as you grow up....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Frater I*I wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:12 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:11 pm How do you carry that much hate at 19?
:yeahthat: It is learned.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Frater I*I wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:12 pm
Yabbut acting on it is an extreme.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

You get taught that too.

And putting him in prison is just going to reinforce his hatreds (plural). He'll he out at 29 ready to do it again, this time with friends.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

אידישע פויע
@dukepaaron@babka.social
Can someone please explain this one to me?

"A "#Jewish and #Israeli owned falafel restaurant" in #Philadelphia cannot do a single thing about Israel's military campaign against #Hamas.

What you're looking at is people normalizing #antisemitic incitement against their Jewish neighbors."
https://www.rawstory.com/philadelphia-p ... estaurant/
A Philadelphia software engineer posted a video of protesters circling a falafel restaurant run by a James Beard Award winner who is Jewish. The protesters associated the chef and owner with Israel's bombing of Gaza.

Taking to social media on Sunday, a man identifying himself as Jordan, who works for Bloomberg, posted the video and some details about what he observed.

"Goldie, Goldie you can’t hide, we charge you with genocide," the protesters chanted.

:snippity:

Former George W. Bush speechwriter David Frum explained that the restaurant Goldie is run by Michael Solomonov, who has a number of establishments in the area bringing culinary creations from Israel to the United States.

Calling the protesters an "antisemitic mob," Frum said, "They demand a boycott of Jewish goods. Michael Solomonov is a James Beard Award-winning chef. He makes some of the best hummus outside Israel, as well as outstanding lamb and other dishes.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Boy, 13, charged after allegedly planning mass shooting at a synagogue in Ohio

https://www.npr.org/2023/12/14/12194980 ... press.coop
The teenager, who is unnamed in court documents because he is a minor, is charged with inducing panic and disorderly conduct, both misdemeanors. He's accused of posting a "detailed plan to complete a mass shooting" at Temple Israel in Canton, a city south of Akron, on the live streaming platform Discord.

The charges come amid a rise of antisemitism in the United States and worldwide. In the U.S. alone, antisemitic incidents rose 35% from 2021 to 2022.

According to documents released by the Stark County Sherriff's Office Thursday, an FBI agent alerted the department to the Discord posts on Sept. 7. The plans were initially posted on Sept. 1, and contained maps of the synagogue allegedly drawn by the boy and another individual in Washington state. They also included plans to burn down and "shoot up" the building.

When confronted by law enforcement, the boy admitted to being a part of multiple antisemitic and political groups on the platform, according to the documents. He was then arrested, and a trial hearing is set for Dec. 20.

"We stand by a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to threats made against our community," Stark County Sheriff George Maier said in a statement. "Every threat is investigated thoroughly with the seriousness it deserves."

An attorney for the boy did not immediately respond to calls seeking comment.

Temple Israel's Rabbi, Komerofsky, declined to comment on the situation because it involves a minor.

In a statement on social media, the Anti-Defamation League of Cleveland said the organization is grateful for law enforcement's swift action and that it hope it's a "teachable" moment for young people .
Lani

Post by Lani »

I never thought this would happen in Hawaii. Swastikas are painted on road signs and at least one synagogue.

Apparently, people are painting swastikas throughout the US. (Not including Navajo.)

I can't sleep. When I was very young, my playmates' parents survived concentration camps. And many lost more relatives. :brokenheart:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.

Return to “Current Politics”