Biden's misplaced classified docs, special prosector assigned

Let's get back to normalcy. Does normalcy fit into your schedule?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

The interesting thing is if no one has missed them for this many years, a dishonest man and attorneys might have shredded or burned them and who would have known the difference? All this good-faith effort.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

I think this will wind up being a big ole nothing burger for Biden save the optics that will haunt him for a long time.

I agree with Moss' op-ed piece. I speculate that every move the President makes on a daily basis gets written up and declared classified. This information is distributed to those who have appropriate clearance and the need to know. I suspect further that there would be varying levels of classification. Perhaps many of these classified documents found in Biden's possession were nothing more than Obama's daily schedule or his itinerary when he went was on AF1 to do his presidential thing. Unless these meetings were clandestine, BFD that they were still in Biden's possession. Maybe the lunch menu aboard AF1 is considered classified. Maybe President Obama woke up with a cold one morning, and that info was passed along to Biden under a confidential seal. :shrug:

With so many bureaucratic policies and procedures in place, it is no surprise that stuff gets buried that should have been returned or destroyed. And I wonder if the really important stuff is handled differently from the routine stuff.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

A lot of the DC press is already pissed of at Biden for not being "transparent." They could pound this for months with "what are you hiding?" "why didn't you tell us what you knew?" questions that have no substance and exist on a made-up time line.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

And I'm at the gym and fox is on. They're going with oh hunter biden drove his dad's secure corvette so he must have accessed the documents
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:42 pm A lot of the DC press is already pissed of at Biden for not being "transparent." They could pound this for months with "what are you hiding?" "why didn't you tell us what you knew?" questions that have no substance and exist on a made-up time line.
Not to mention that the dox are classified, meaning he can't tell them what they were about
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:36 pm The interesting thing is if no one has missed them for this many years, a dishonest man and attorneys might have shredded or burned them and who would have known the difference? All this good-faith effort.
No good deed goes unpunished.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Their own story contradicts their headline.
Biden classified document investigation: Secret Service ready to provide Delaware visitors, source says
Secret Service prepared to turn over documentation of visitors to Biden's Delaware home if requested by Congress, source familiar with situation tells Fox News

The U.S. Secret Service is prepared to offer names of individuals who visited President Biden's Wilmington, Delaware, home if requested by Congress, Fox News has learned.

The White House continues to insist that there exists no formal visitor log for the personal residence where two troves of classified documents were found.

While the White House has not kept a formal list, the Secret Service does collect information on guests with regular access to the home.

Retention of the names of those vetted by the Secret Service depends on a variety of factors, including proximity to the president and the nature of the background check.

"The Secret Service does not maintain visitor logs at the private residences of protectees,"
said U.S. Secret Service chief of communications Anthony Guglielmi. "While the Secret Service does generate law enforcement and criminal justice information records for various individuals who may come into contact with Secret Service protected sites, we are not able to comment further as this speaks to the means and methods of our protective operations."
:snippity:
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... ource-says
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

I wonder what timeline the Secet Service has a visitor log of. My guess is since Biden is POTUS. During the years of the former guy he did not have Secret Service protection. So the chances are that documents would have been stored "unprotected". But when Biden didn't recall that they were there, who else would have known about them? :think:
Gupwalla

Post by Gupwalla »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:07 pm I wonder what timeline the Secet Service has a visitor log of. My guess is since Biden is POTUS. During the years of the former guy he did not have Secret Service protection. So the chances are that documents would have been stored "unprotected". But when Biden didn't recall that they were there, who else would have known about them? :think:
There is no visitor log. But the Secret Service does maintain records of background checks and other vetting for people who visit a protectee.

The Bidens were entitled to protection for six months after leaving office, and protection would have resumed at least 120 days prior to the general election. DHS can initiate protection earlier for major candidates, but Biden did not have protection as of Super Tuesday 2020, when two protesters rushed the stage while he was speaking.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

UPDATE 2: A DOJ official confirms that “The FBI executed a planned, consensual search of the President’s residence in Wilmington, Delaware.”
raison de arizona

Justice Dept. search of Biden home in Wilmington turns up more documents

The Justice Department on Friday completed an extensive search of President Biden’s home in Wilmington and turned up additional classified documents, some of which date to his time in the United States Senate and others from his eight-year tenure as vice president, the president’s personal attorney announced Saturday night.

After being given full access to Biden’s home — including personally handwritten notes, files, papers, and binders that covered decades of his work — the Justice Department took possession of six items. Those items, according to the president’s personal attorney Bob Bauer, consisted of “documents with classification markings and surrounding materials.”

The Justice Department also took some of Biden’s handwritten notes from his vice-presidential years to further review them.

It is the latest striking development in a fast-moving investigation, with the personal residence of a sitting president now having been subject to a 13-hour search by federal agents. Biden aides said the wide-ranging search and the fact that it was conducted with the president’s permission were indications of how eager they are to resolve the matter.
:snippity:
Gift link: https://wapo.st/3XOqsOp
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Six? Staggering.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I'm pissed. NYTimes headline - "Investigators Seize More Classified Documents From Biden’s Home." The local news channel I have on also used the term seize. WTF? There was no seizing. Documents were removed. :roll:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:21 pm I'm pissed. NYTimes headline - "Investigators Seize More Classified Documents From Biden’s Home." The local news channel I have on also used the term seize. WTF? There was no seizing. Documents were removed. :roll:
Concur. I get that "takes possession of" would have been too long for a headline, really, but, my dudes, buy a goddamned thesaurus.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Now let the former guy give access to the FBI to search his other residencies, not just let his lawyers pretend to make a search (which they delegated to some third party) and then tell the government nothing found.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Now they have to search Obama's home. Oh, and Mitch McConnell, he's had plenty of access to classified documents. We need to get Mierda Lardo searched again, I'm sure they can find more. And Jimmy Carter!

I have searched my own home, and I have no classified documents from my time as forerooster of the Fogbow Galactic Grand Jury. :liar:

:whisper: (Don't fall for that noise; of course he has classified documents, everything about Fogbow is classified, and his computer is full of that junk!)
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Foggy wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:58 am Now they have to search Obama's home. Oh, and Mitch McConnell, he's had plenty of access to classified documents. We need to get Mierda Lardo searched again, I'm sure they can find more. And Jimmy Carter!

I have searched my own home, and I have no classified documents from my time as forerooster of the Fogbow Galactic Grand Jury. :liar:

:whisper: (Don't fall for that noise; of course he has classified documents, everything about Fogbow is classified, and his computer is full of that junk!)
Mitch McConnell has already put any items he has into a safety deposit box rented in the name of John Smith. **

**Not saying this is a fact, of course.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:26 pm Six? Staggering.
Six including "surrounding items", so not 6 that are marked classified.
--Colin Kaepernick
tek

Post by tek »

Off Topic
When I last moved, I found a LOT of documents classified 'why the hell did I save this??'
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:55 am
MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:21 pm I'm pissed. NYTimes headline - "Investigators Seize More Classified Documents From Biden’s Home." The local news channel I have on also used the term seize. WTF? There was no seizing. Documents were removed. :roll:
Concur. I get that "takes possession of" would have been too long for a headline, really, but, my dudes, buy a goddamned thesaurus.
I’m OK with “seized” in this context. They went looking for items belonging to the government and found them.

What I’m pissed about is that there are more documents. The more documents they find in Biden’s possession the less likely it is tgat trump will be indicted.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
raison de arizona

:yeahthat:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Ditto.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Oh man, the kiss of death. Lindsey Graham speaks out on behalf of Biden.
The Columbia Bugle 🇺🇸 @ColumbiaBugle wrote: RINO Snake Lindsey Graham Defending Biden

“I’ve know President Biden for a long time. I’d be shocked if there’s anything sinister here.”
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Ahem

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

The BBC is on it Nothing new though

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64392871

I expect that the Ethical republicans will be Calling for a Special Clowncil forthwith.
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “Biden Administration”