Katie Hobbs, Arizona governor

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Already making waves.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

I checked out the executive order, it has nothing to do with student pronouns, merely forbids state agencies from discriminating in hiring practices. This is fully within her powers as chief of the executive branch. You to can view it here: https://azgovernor.gov/sites/default/fi ... 023-01.pdf

See, it has a signature and everything... Uh... Wait a second (zooms in)

We may have a problem, guys. The text is at a different resolution that the background. And there's haloes. And where the signature crosses over the text, the resolution is the same as the background. Is this.. could it be...

A FORGERY!?

:panic:

ROXY!!! YOU GOTS SOME 'SPLAININ' TO DO!!!
raison de arizona

Two Republican lawmakers stood and turned their backs to Hobbs during her State of the State address.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

"...a new breed of Democratic Fascism..."
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Let's just run that through a Nutjobbish to Rationalish translator:
Arizona Freedumb Carcase wrote:Wibble wibble wibble. :panic: Wibble wibble wibble. :panic: Wibble wibble wibble.
I think it's fair though: no mention of Hunter Biden's laptop. Or pedopizza.
raison de arizona

Not doing what you want != not knowing what she is doing. Also, too, how is it bipartisan when all the Rs voted FER it and all the Ds voted AGIN it? And Hobbs said from the get go if it landed on her desk she would veto it regardless. Anyway.
https://twitter.com/DrAndrewJackson/sta ... 72034?s=20
Dr. Andrew Jackson @DrAndrewJackson wrote: Katie Hobbs nominates Dr. Cullen, a leftist, to become Arizona's Director of Health Services.

The Arizona Senate says no.

Katie Hobbs vetos a bipartisan Arizona budget.

Bottom line, she has no idea what she is doing.
raison de arizona

Hobbs is veto stamp is really getting a workout! :thumbsup:
iVoteArizona™ @iVoteArizona wrote: KATIE HOBBS VETOED 13 BILLS…IN ONE DAY!

@GovernorHobbs is on a mission to harm Arizona, and she will do so by thwarting Republican legislation supported by voters.

In other words, she’s going to punish citizens using her veto power.

Hobbs is already detached from Arizona.
Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! :thumbsup:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:15 pm Hobbs is veto stamp is really getting a workout! :thumbsup:
Can you give a brief summary of the bills that Hobbs shot down?
realist

Post by realist »

neonzx wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:42 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:15 pm Hobbs is veto stamp is really getting a workout! :thumbsup:
Budget related ...

https://www.axios.com/local/phoenix/202 ... ntinuation
Image X 4
Image X 32
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Here's one. There is a search function. https://legiscan.com/AZ/text/SB1535/id/2676398
Hic sunt dracones
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Suranis wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:05 pm
Here's one. There is a search function. https://legiscan.com/AZ/text/SB1535/id/2676398
Yeah, I know. But I live in Floriduh and I have enough trouble keeping up with one state. 50? Not a chance.
raison de arizona

neonzx wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:07 pm
Suranis wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:05 pm
Yeah, I know. But I live in Floriduh and I have enough trouble keeping up with one state. 50? Not a chance.
Mostly general Republican masturbatory BS, with a side of Legislative power. One of 'em is the budget.
raison de arizona

Hobbs banned LGBT conversion "therapy" in AZ, the Speaker of the House would like a word...
...and straight to the circular file...
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

relevant part
excerpt Executive Order 2023-13 wrote:NOW, THEREFORE, I, Katie Hobbs, Governor of the State of Arizona, by the virtue of the authority vested
in me by the Arizona Constitution and the laws of this State, hereby order and direct as follows:

1. To the greatest extent permissible under law, State Agencies shall not use State or federal
resources to promote, support, or enable any practice or treatment on minors known to be a
form of "conversion therapy," including authorizing funds to reimburse for medical or mental
healthcare known to be in connection with the practice of "conversion therapy" on minors.

2. State Agencies shall develop and implement policies, as necessary and consistent with State and
federal law, to protect LGBTQ+ minors from harmful medical and mental healthcare services
related to "conversion therapy."

3. For the purposes of this Executive Order, "conversion therapy" means any practice or treatment
that seeks or purports to change an individual's non-heteronormative sexual orientation or
non-cisgender identity, including efforts to change behaviors or gender expression, under the
false premise that homosexuality and gender-diverse identities are pathological. This does not
include gender-affirming care.

4. For the purposes of this Executive Order, the term "State Agency" shall include, without
limitation, all executive departments, agencies, offices, and all State boards and commissions
and any employee, officer, or other person acting on their behalf, except for: (a) any State agency
that is headed by a single elected State official; (b) the Corporation Commission; and (c) any
board or commission established by ballot measure during or after the November 1998 general
election.
full text at https://azmemory.azlibrary.gov/nodes/view/272095
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:57 pm relevant part
excerpt Executive Order 2023-13 wrote:NOW, THEREFORE, I, Katie Hobbs, Governor of the State of Arizona, by the virtue of the authority vested
in me by the Arizona Constitution and the laws of this State, hereby order and direct as follows:

1. To the greatest extent permissible under law, State Agencies shall not use State or federal
resources to promote, support, or enable any practice or treatment on minors known to be a
form of "conversion therapy," including authorizing funds to reimburse for medical or mental
healthcare known to be in connection with the practice of "conversion therapy" on minors.

2. State Agencies shall develop and implement policies, as necessary and consistent with State and
federal law, to protect LGBTQ+ minors from harmful medical and mental healthcare services
related to "conversion therapy."

3. For the purposes of this Executive Order, "conversion therapy" means any practice or treatment
that seeks or purports to change an individual's non-heteronormative sexual orientation or
non-cisgender identity, including efforts to change behaviors or gender expression, under the
false premise that homosexuality and gender-diverse identities are pathological. This does not
include gender-affirming care.

4. For the purposes of this Executive Order, the term "State Agency" shall include, without
limitation, all executive departments, agencies, offices, and all State boards and commissions
and any employee, officer, or other person acting on their behalf, except for: (a) any State agency
that is headed by a single elected State official; (b) the Corporation Commission; and (c) any
board or commission established by ballot measure during or after the November 1998 general
election.
full text at https://azmemory.azlibrary.gov/nodes/view/272095
So glad for the definition. I normally read those up front and missed those and my initial reply/comment to this, now-deleted, was all "Whyfor she not define?" But in fairness to me, I was up all night feeling ooky due to overindulgence in food yesterday, and have not yet been caffeinated today. Still, I'm glad they made it very clear not just what the banned therapy is but also what it isn't, to forestall any 'neener neener'.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona

That little Gateway Pundit asshat is ambushing Hobbs at her gym.
Jordan Conradson🇺🇸 @ConradsonJordan wrote: I ran into @Katiehobbs at the gym this morning after cycling class. What she said to me was very nasty and rude. Ugh!

Stay tuned for the video‼️
raison de arizona

She told him to, "Give it a fucking rest, Jordan." :lol:
PatriotTakes 🇺🇸 @patriottakes wrote: Governor Katie Hobbs to Gateway Pundit reporter chasing her and asking election denier questions: “Give it a fucking rest, Jordan. I’m at the gym.”
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

She was rude to the guy chasing her around on her own time. Imagine.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

She held off much longer than I would have.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

raison de arizona

:thumbsup:
Hobbs reaffirms commitments to LGBTQ community via vetoes, executive orders

Legislative hostility towards LGBTQ Arizonans is likely to persist next year, though in a more muted form as Republican lawmakers adjust to the realities of working with a Democratic governor.

This session was a landmark year for discriminatory legislation at the state Capitol. Several bills were introduced to restrict the behavior and daily lives of LGBTQ people, including measures to clamp down on drag shows, cripple students’ preferred pronoun use and limit school bathroom access.

The proliferation of anti-LGBTQ proposals followed a year of success for Republicans, when former Gov. Doug Ducey signed a school sports ban for trans girls and a prohibition on gender-affirming surgery for minors. But this year’s attempts met a drastically different end.

While the bills won unanimous support from Republican lawmakers, who hold a one-vote majority in each legislative chamber, they were swiftly vetoed by Gov. Katie Hobbs. The Democrat has been a stalwart critic of anti-LGBTQ sentiment and has repeatedly vowed to act as a bulwark against discriminatory legislation. That commitment was reasserted on July 8, at an event hosted by civil rights and LGBTQ advocacy organizations to celebrate Hobbs’ actions.

“As long as I’m governor, the LGBTQ+ community in Arizona will be protected,” she announced, to enthusiastic cheering and applause. “I will continue to use my veto pen as many times as I need to.”
:snippity:
https://www.azmirror.com/2023/07/13/hob ... ve-orders/
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

R A W S A L E R T S
@rawsalerts
·
8h
🚨#BREAKING: At this time Katie Hobbs is no longer the Governor of Arizona. Republican Kimberly Yee the state treasurer is currently the Acting Governor. The reason why is currently unknown at this time
Betcha yer not hearing that from lame stream media. :fingerwag:
raison de arizona

Huh.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:40 am
R A W S A L E R T S
@rawsalerts
·
8h
🚨#BREAKING: At this time Katie Hobbs is no longer the Governor of Arizona. Republican Kimberly Yee the state treasurer is currently the Acting Governor. The reason why is currently unknown at this time
Betcha yer not hearing that from lame stream media. :fingerwag:
From everything I'm seeing, it's an Acting-Governor-for-a-Day thing, maybe Hobbs is out of state or in surgery or something?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"

Return to “Current Politics”