Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

💣 The Disastrous 118th Congress - "My Kevin" McCarthy "Fuc*ing Fuc*wad" Mike Johnson, House Speaker /Clowns

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
AndyinPA
Verified:

The 118th Congress with Pretzel Kevin "Only Kevin" "My Kevin" McCarthy, Speaker /Clowns

Post by AndyinPA »

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3829 ... tel-panel/
Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) on Tuesday formally rejected two Democrats — Reps. Adam Schiff (Calif.) and Eric Swalwell (Calif.) — from serving on the Intelligence Committee, escalating the two-year, tit-for-tat battle between the parties over who is qualified for certain positions on Capitol Hill.

House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.) had written to McCarthy on Saturday asking that both Schiff and Swalwell be seated on the Intel panel, where membership assignments come solely at the discretion of the Speaker.

But McCarthy said Schiff and Swalwell’s previous actions make them unfit to serve on a panel with jurisdiction over and access to sensitive issues of national security.

“In order to maintain a standard worthy of this committee’s responsibilities, I am hereby rejecting the appointments of Representative Adam Schiff and Representative Eric Swalwell to serve on the Intelligence Committee,” he wrote in a letter to Jeffries on Tuesday.

The move was no surprise.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

The 118th Congress with Pretzel Kevin "Only Kevin" "My Kevin" McCarthy, Speaker /Clowns

Post by raison de arizona »

The equating of Schiff and Swalwell with Greene and Gosar is breathtaking.

In a bad way.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Hell, I'd consider it an honor to be found "unworthy of the committee" by Kevin McCarthy.

At this point, all we can do is let the clowns have their clown show.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Amazing he wasn’t struck down for that integrity matters comment.
521803C5-DA30-4ED6-B463-4E0EAEC57B59.jpeg
521803C5-DA30-4ED6-B463-4E0EAEC57B59.jpeg (204.14 KiB) Viewed 939 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

"Integrity matters more"

Remember that when the House goes back to the Democrats and they will kick Republicans off of the committees!
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:36 pm "Integrity matters more"

Remember that when the House goes back to the Democrats and they will kick Republicans off of the committees!
Too, also:

"Therefore . . .I am committed to returning the Intelligence Committee to one of genuine honesty and credibility that regains the trust of the American people." [Emphasis added.]

Really, Kevin? You wrote that from the heart? Tell me about Republican honesty and credibility. :bored:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Hugely, Bob, Ivan was one of the most unhinged and ridiculous 2020 election deniers. His fantasy YouTube videos got millions of views and were all lies that never went anywhere. He's back on Twitter https://twitter.com/IvanRaiklin, Musk has empowered all the worst possible people from Loomer to Nick Fuentes. What a horrible use of $40B, what hostile foreign power put him up to this?

Meanwhile, putting this person's vote of confidence in spoiler because the language is salty but really sums up how their voters are feeling.

► Show Spoiler

Kevin might not be thrilled when he reads these replies to Charlie Kirk's tweet saying nobody will donate to the RNC anymore. Of course, they'll be on to the next outrage tomorrow, but many seem to think they've found an excuse not to donate to them again. What a shame. :(

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Here's something cool for a change in this topic:
Jeff Jackson, a freshman Democrat from North Carolina, has been documenting his first weeks in Congress on Instagram with posts on everything including how new representatives choose their office space and explainers about financial disclosures. He said hiring people with experience on the Hill and in his district was a priority.

“Having people come in who are well-versed in how to do this gives me a lot of comfort,” Jackson said in an interview. “I’ve only been here a few weeks, but what I’ve learned is that there is a tidal wave of work hitting our office every day and it takes a whole team to stay afloat. If you’re just one man on a surfboard, you’re going to get crushed.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va ... itol-hill/

Took a look at his Insta and it's fun, lots of videos on exactly what happens when you get elected to Congress, from committees (2 of 20) to office space to the mechanics. His account is: https://www.instagram.com/jeffjacksonnc/?hl=en

They're short, well-produced, and he's cute (hot Daddy). Um, Foggy, can you introduce him to us? :P

jeffjacksonnc Here’s the weird process of getting an office after you’re elected to Congress.

jeffjacksonnc “When does the insider trading start?”

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

On Friday, Marge Greene says Ilhan Omar “is being removed from the Foreign Affairs Committee.” Marge might want to give Kevin a call.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Question: Who has more power? Joe Biden or George Santos?
McCarthy: Joe Biden unfortunately
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

"Ok. Who has more power, George Santos or you?"
Hic sunt dracones
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Gossip heard ‘round the water cooler: Santos, dear Elise, and Lee Zeldin are caught up in the McGonagle (sp) situation and are in deep doodoo.
tek

Post by tek »

Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:14 pm Gossip heard ‘round the water cooler: Santos, dear Elise, and Lee Zeldin are caught up in the McGonagle (sp) situation and are in deep doodoo.
And I'm here for it. :daydreaming:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Oh please oh please let there be tapes. :pray:
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:14 pm Gossip heard ‘round the water cooler: Santos, dear Elise, and Lee Zeldin are caught up in the McGonagle (sp) situation and are in deep doodoo.
Off Topic
Shipboard slang for the day's supply of water (olden days) or the water cooler (modern days) is scuttlebutt.
Let's hope that these characters start feeling some heat. . . .
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

humblescribe wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:18 pm
Off Topic
Shipboard slang for the day's supply of water (olden days) or the water cooler (modern days) is scuttlebutt.
Let's hope that these characters start feeling some heat. . . .of a thousand suns.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

The connection between Zeldin, Santos, and Stefanik is Stefanik "top" advisor, Alex deGrasse. Multiple sources said he was assisting Santos in the 2022 election, and I believe he was involved wit Zeldin as well.

He's a nasty case.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

JIM JORDAN: I WANT BIDEN DOC INVESTIGATION STUFF

DOJ: no

JIM: I WANT PENCE AND TRUMP INVESTIGATION STUFF

DOJ: no

JIM: WELL THEN WHAT IS MY COMMITTEE GONNA INVESTIGATE?

DOJ: don’t care
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Rep. Jamie Raskin gets a standing ovation in Dem Caucus after saying he will push back on Republican efforts to make him take off the cap he's been wearing as he undergoes chemotherapy.

"And I will make them take off their toupees," Raskin said to Dem cheers
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

They do NOT want to piss off the cancer survivors. Loss of hair during chemo is an incredibly emotional thing for most people, male and female, and a lot of time and money and thought go into the decision of whether to wear a wig, a hat or "go naked" and just live with the bald. It is an extremely personal decision and chemo patients are fiercely protective of each other about things like hair loss, breast reconstruction, colostomys and scar surgery. We've already traveled the road to hell. Stepping on a bunch of congress people would be a brisk walk in the park for us. Cancer survivors are not the group to pick a fight with.

I chose to go naked and also to forego breast reconstruction. My hair has grown back (curly as a poodle's ass) but the boobs won't.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Just plain and simple cruel--and stupid.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler

Return to “Current Politics”