Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

💣 The Disastrous 118th Congress - "My Kevin" McCarthy "Fuc*ing Fuc*wad" Mike Johnson, House Speaker /Clowns

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Gregg

The 118th Congress with Kevin "My Kevin" McCarthy, Speaker /Clowns

Post by Gregg »

"A Jacob Wohl Production".

Donuts provided by Dunkin*
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I am thisclose to starting a thread dedicated to Goldman :boxing:

Goldman: No no no.. let’s not listen to the FBI director. Let’s listen to— sorry what’s your title? Senior writer at Townhall.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Crockett: My Republican colleagues want to talk about keeping DC streets crime free. They can’t even keep the halls of Congress crime free.. My freshman colleague has just been indicted on 13 counts…
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

:thumbsup: to both
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Moar!

Crockett: I am so excited that my colleagues across the aisle care about sexual abuse considering the front runner has just been found liable for sexual abuse..

The House Oversight Committee loves to talk about crime in the District of Columbia. You know what crime they don’t love to talk about? Gun violence.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Kendra wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:09 pm I am thisclose to starting a thread dedicated to Goldman :boxing:
Goldman: No no no.. let’s not listen to the FBI director. Let’s listen to— sorry what’s your title? Senior writer at Townhall.
Do it! He is THE up and coming superstar. I well remember hearing him on MSNBC (usually Nicolle Wallace) years ago and thinking, "what a stilted dude." Wow, has he blossomed.

Where did the charisma come from? And the emotion? I love it.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

p0rtia wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:51 pm
Kendra wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:09 pm I am thisclose to starting a thread dedicated to Goldman :boxing:
Do it! He is THE up and coming superstar. I well remember hearing him on MSNBC (usually Nicolle Wallace) years ago and thinking, "what a stilted dude." Wow, has he blossomed.

I will get to it in the near future. Thread title suggestions welcomed, I'm not as clever as the rest of you. But yeah, he's just amazingly effective in the committees. I don't think he's on the judiciary committee, a pity if they do get Durham up there to testify.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Kendra wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:55 pm

I will get to it in the near future. Thread title suggestions welcomed, I'm not as clever as the rest of you. But yeah, he's just amazingly effective in the committees. I don't think he's on the judiciary committee, a pity if they do get Durham up there to testify.
What's wrong with "Rep Dan Goldman" as a title?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:21 pm

Rep. Daniel "Dan" Sachs Goldman (D-NY 10)

Did you know that he is heir to the Levi Strauss fortune? He's currently worth around a quarter billion, making him one of the wealthiest members of congress.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:21 pm

I'm good with that, but most of you here are so much more clever than I am. I'll ponder and do something tomorrow.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Rep Dan Goldman: Future NY Senator (goodbye Chuck).

He may not be on the Judiciary Committee, but can't then invite him in for the day? I know the Rs do that all the time w Jordan and others, and I think the Dems did that for the "Field Trip."
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

p0rtia wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:47 pm Rep Dan Goldman: Future NY Senator (goodbye Chuck).

He may not be on the Judiciary Committee, but can't then invite him in for the day? I know the Rs do that all the time w Jordan and others, and I think the Dems did that for the "Field Trip."
:biggrin:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:stars:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Republicans groan when a reporter asks McCarthy if he's open to considering a tax increase on the wealthy
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

McCarthy is laser focused on... Adam Schiff?
Aaron Rupar @atrupar wrote: Kevin McCarthy suggests that one consequences of the Durham report may be [checks notes] ... Adam Schiff being removed from Congress?

"I also know in America you're innocent until proven guilty" -- McCarthy on George Santos

McCarthy then tries out some Adam Schiff whataboutism
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Rep. Anna Paulina Luna introduces a resolution to expel Adam Schiff from Congress based on the Durham Report.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Yeah, good luck with that.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

Luna ain't her real name, look it up. Are her fans Lunatics?

I'd like to see Adam Schiff in the Senate. He's the best candidate for Feinstein's seat. He's sharp.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... -rcna84973
WASHINGTON — A bipartisan bill set to be unveiled Thursday by Reps. Abigail Spanberger, D-Va., and Brian Fitzpatrick, R-Pa., would block members of Congress from getting paid if the U.S. enters debt default or if the government shuts down.

The No Pay for Congress During Default or Shutdown Act, shared in advance with NBC News, would withhold lawmakers' pay for the duration of a debt limit breach or lapse in federal funding, an attempt to motivate legislators to prevent either situation.

The bill comes amid growing fears that the divided Congress may not meet the June 1 deadline set by the Treasury Department to raise the debt limit or risk a catastrophic default on U.S. obligations. And the proposal, from two politically vulnerable members in competitive districts, represents a populist move to channel voter anger toward Congress, which is strong among both parties’ bases.

"If Congress can’t fulfill basic obligations tied to the strength and security of our country, lawmakers should not be rewarded with our salaries until we do our jobs," Spanberger said.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

tsk tsk tsk --- "withhold" reads like the get it once the debit limit is raised --- it ought to read they will forfeit the salary.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Nicolle Wallace doing a deep dive into today's hearing. Frank Figluzzi (sp?) is on fire...
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 4:07 pm tsk tsk tsk --- "withhold" reads like the get it once the debit limit is raised --- it ought to read they will forfeit the salary.
The Constitution very explicitly forbids withholding the pay of Congress or Federal Judges. If the US defaults, they are likely the only ones who will get paid.

I was wrong about that, it applies only to Judges...
Article III, Section 1:

The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish. The Judges, both of the supreme and inferior Courts, shall hold their Offices during good Behaviour, and shall, at stated Times, receive for their Services, a Compensation, which shall not be diminished during their Continuance in Office.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I think Biden should just declare the debt ceiling unconstitutional and we're paying our debts like every other civilized country, and tell them to sue if they don't like it. Get 'em, Unca Joe!
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

change approved.jpg
change approved.jpg (172.38 KiB) Viewed 299 times
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4

Return to “Current Politics”