Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

💣 The Disastrous 118th Congress - "My Kevin" McCarthy "Fuc*ing Fuc*wad" Mike Johnson, House Speaker /Clowns

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
bob

The 118th Congress with Pretzel Kevin "Only Kevin" "My Kevin" McCarthy, Speaker /Clowns

Post by bob »

FOX: House passes new rules for Congress as McCarthy clears first major test as House speaker:
House passes rules package in first big test for Speaker McCarthy

The House of Representatives passed a new rules package Monday that overhauls the way it functions by putting up more barriers to congressional spending and creating a more deliberate process for passing legislation, key demands of the more conservative members of the Republican Party.

The rules passed with an 220 to 213 vote that saw just one Republican, Rep. Tony Gonzales of Texas, vote against it.
Image ImageImage
RVInit

The 118th Congress with Pretzel Kevin "Only Kevin" "My Kevin" McCarthy, Speaker /Clowns

Post by RVInit »

Gregg wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:57 pm The laptop could easily be traced to confirm or deny that Hunter Biden ever owned it. The serial number can be traced to the manufacture, distributor, retailer and if Hunter Biden really bought it there ought to be a credit card receipt. And if "he paid for it with cash" which is not something grown up people do for things that cost a grand give or take, it should still have been sold at a Best Buy somewhere near where someone can prove he was in the habit of being during the few months around when it was purchased.

Unless he had enough foresight to have someone buy the laptop for him so when he dropped it off to be repaired and never went to pick it up, it couldn't be traced back to him. Despite having apparently every fact of his life that wasn't going to church stored on it.

Nothing, NOTHING would please me more than Democrats following this line of evidence in hearings, leading up to proving that the laptop was never even owned by Hunter Biden and the proof is right there, while Gym Jordan screams "you're out of order" desperately at a witness who is showing everyone that the computer was originally bought in Kansas or somewhere on a day that Hunter Biden was in court in Los Angeles.
Agree 100%, but not sure minority party can get their preferred witnesses in. But the they can grill the hell out of the biased witnesses the thug party calls
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
bob

Post by bob »

FOX: House Republican files articles of impeachment against DHS Sec. Mayorkas:
Kevin McCarthy called for Mayorkas to resign in November or face an impeachment inquiry

Texas Republican Rep. Pat Fallon has filed impeachment articles against Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, delivering on a promise he made last week before the 118th Congress was officially sworn in.

The articles of impeachment against Mayorkas for "high crimes and misdemeanors," known as House Resolution 8, were introduced by Fallon in the House on Monday and have been referred to the House Judiciary Committee.
A sane Speaker would let this theater die in committee, but Chair Jordan and Speaker Gaetz are running this circus.
Image ImageImage
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

This will really help them with all of the grifting channels (I would be SHOCKED if this occurred to them).

Get the impeachment-blood in the water… like chumming for the water to hook some suckers to give big money for more impeachments. The Impeachment Karma must be equalized!
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Impeachment fever is gonna have a short shelf life for some of these House members, particularly the ones who need more than the RWNJ vote to win re-election.
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

True, Impeachment Fever has its drawbacks.
After the fiasco of the Speaker selection, we know it’s a house divided.
They don’t have the votes to succeed on impeachment and normally one would think that would impede them from pursuing that course of action.

But, now we know McCarthy can’t count, so…
:daydreaming:
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Danraft wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:47 pm True, Impeachment Fever has its drawbacks.
After the fiasco of the Speaker selection, we know it’s a house divided.
They don’t have the votes to succeed on impeachment and normally one would think that would impede them from pursuing that course of action.

But, now we know McCarthy can’t count, so…
:daydreaming:
It's performance art. There's going to be a segment of the base which needs to see that their GQP Representative did his/her/their best to make life miserable for President Biden. And his son. And his cat.

The good thing about knowing that they will all join in on the griftfest is that there's still only a certain amount of money that the base have to send, so the take per grifter will get smaller and smaller.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Are their theatrics likely to get anyone in trouble? Could they actually subvert justice?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Azastan wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:08 pm It's performance art. There's going to be a segment of the base which needs to see that their GQP Representative did his/her/their best to make life miserable for President Biden. And his son. And his cat.
I don't know why President Joe doesn't have fun with these morons.

Like, he should find a dancing bear somewhere in East Armpit, Kneekickya, but just tell everybody he got a bear to play with, so Fox News and everybody would lose their cotton pickin' minds. WTF? The president got a pet BEAR? :shock:

And then, instead of the Press Office saying, "Harrumph, harrumph, the President is meeting with the Lord High Muckety-Muck of the Galactic Fogbow Grand Jury (or whoever) today," they're just gonna announce, "Hay, the President spent 6 hours today teaching his bear to dance" and if you think Fox News lost their cotton pickin' minds in the last paragraph, stand back and stand by (with a bucket and a mop). Hoo boy.

But to top it off, in about two weeks I'd have President Joe go on live Tee Vee and do some dancing with the bear. I know for a fact that President Joe can dance better than his predecessor. Hell, so can the bear.

Can you say going viral? :rotflmao:

He'd be re-elected in a heartbeat. :oldman:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
bob

Post by bob »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:21 pm Are their theatrics likely to get anyone in trouble? Could they actually subvert justice?
Delay justice, sure. Because time and resources will be diverted and wasted.

In trouble with the voters? Probably not.

In trouble, legally? No.
Image ImageImage
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Doesn't have to be a dancing bear, of course. Could be
1) anything so dumb and crazy that the right-wing morons point and laugh and yell about how the old man totally lost his mind for a solid couple of weeks, until his approval ratings go deep (temporarily) into the gutter.

Followed by
2) him doing something so totally cool and perfect that it sends his ratings through the roof and makes dead people really want to get up from their graves and vote for him in 2024.

Honestly, is that too much to ask for? :smoking:
bob

Post by bob »

READY FOR HIS CLOSE-UP!
Image ImageImage
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Good, let them show these braying asses giving their "minute speeches" meant to create soundbites, and the camera pans to the empty House chamber exposing the fact that Congressman Fire and Brimstone is really just a kid playing in front of a mirror.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

He liked all the attention he got last week.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Gregg wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:59 pm Good, let them show these braying asses giving their "minute speeches" meant to create soundbites, and the camera pans to the empty House chamber exposing the fact that Congressman Fire and Brimstone is really just a kid playing in front of a mirror.
If you look closely at some of the sound bites that appear on the evening news, you can already see a little bit of that. I think that the House calls it "Special Order" or something. It is done after the House has adjourned for the day and most members have left the chamber. Some flunky gets assigned to sit at the podium and recognize congresscritters who wish to speak. If you pay attention, you can see that there is never anyone sitting in the row behind the congressman/woman, or in the seats next to their podium.

This allows members to create sound bites for the folks back home to see on their local TV stations.

Contrast that to shots of the same podium when real debate is happening. There is always a crowd of people around them.

C-Span should use a slightly wider angle lens, to show even more empty seats than they do now.

Gaetz probably wants a rider on his amendment, saying that, when he is in the chamber, the C-Span cameras must be focused on him.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Goldman: A member from Pennsylvania had his cell phone seized pursuant to a court order finding probable cause that he committed a crime. Yet he's indicated that he wants to be on this subcommittee so he can undermine a criminal investigation into himself..
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Foggy wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:26 pm Like, he should find a dancing bear somewhere in East Armpit, Kneekickya, but just tell everybody he got a bear to play with, so Fox News and everybody would lose their cotton pickin' minds. WTF? The president got a pet BEAR? :shock:
"Joe and the Bear" will be sponsored by Netflix or Amazon Studios. The bear will, of course, be named 'Joseph Robinette Bearden'.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

See? SEE?

This will work for him. But he can't do a dancing bear, that's my idea, I got a patent and a copyright and a box of CrackerJack® and a real light saber and three cats and a galactic grand jury to back 'em all up. Don't mess with me. :fingerwag:

He has to find something on his own. How many people does he have working for him, anyway?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

NYT is reporting that the House Rs have "created a new committee to investigate law enforcement and other federal agencies for evidence of bias against conservatives."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

If they weren’t such criminals they wouldn’t be investigated so much :whistle:
bob

Post by bob »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:33 pm NYT is reporting that the House Rs have "created a new committee to investigate law enforcement and other federal agencies for evidence of bias against conservatives."
Yup:
Image ImageImage
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

He should call it by it's original name...the House Un-American Activities Committee.... :bored:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:57 pm He should call it by it's original name...the House Un-American Activities Committee.... :bored:
That was the other McCarthy, everything old is new again…
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:

The second McCarthy era.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Are they really sure that they want to open this can of worms?

Return to “Current Politics”