Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

💣 The Disastrous 118th Congress - "My Kevin" McCarthy "Fuc*ing Fuc*wad" Mike Johnson, House Speaker /Clowns

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

The 118th Congress with Pretzel Kevin "Only Kevin" "My Kevin" McCarthy, Speaker /Clowns

Post by Frater I*I »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:04 pm
Frater I*I wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:57 pm He should call it by it's original name...the House Un-American Activities Committee.... :bored:
That was the other McCarthy, everything old is new again…
All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

The 118th Congress with Pretzel Kevin "Only Kevin" "My Kevin" McCarthy, Speaker /Clowns

Post by northland10 »

There is a video stream from the House on live.house.gov. I think it is usually running when they are in sessions, and there are procedures. It is currently off as no business is happening. I assume it would go off if they have to go into executive sessions.

https://live.house.gov/
101010 :towel:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

jemcanada2 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:31 pm Are they really sure that they want to open this can of worms?
They're too stupid to see.

It's like watching an 80's slasher movie and they're going to see what's in the barn... :cantlook:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

The best part is that MAGAts actually think that the kabuki theatre in the House will happen. Having no civics education, they don't realize the Senate and White House play a part in this. The ANGER when they discover they've been shafted and these are just "messaging" bills is going to be (as Bob would say) hi-larious. So let them load up the wagon with shiny objects. And then let them down when nothing happens. :( It's so darn hard being an insurrectionist MAGAt.

Of course, when these "messaging" bills go nowhere, the Gateway House of Boys puts EVERYTHING IN CAPS, and #BrunsonVAdams fails its 4th Reconsideration, I expect all Fogbowzers to jump in and with great concern support the MAGAts when they say, "There's no point in voting". :biggrin:

PS: I love Joe and the Bear and need to send that along to some friends. :lol:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Hannity: one of the things I am seeing, and I like seeing, is more diversity in the Republican Party

*Camera pans to room full of old white people*

(via
@atrupar
)
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:49 am5701
Hannity: one of the things I am seeing, and I like seeing, is more diversity in the Republican Party

*Camera pans to room full of old white people*

(via
@atrupar
)
My irony meter just exploded.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

orlylicious wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:40 am PS: I love Joe and the Bear and need to send that along to some friends. :lol:
:whisper: Don't encourage him, you know how he gets. :shh: :whistle:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

A Reuters reporter tweeted that Rs are allowing smoking on the House floor, but I haven't seen anything corroborating it yet.
https://twitter.com/ReutersZengerle/sta ... 3150696450
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Jim

Post by Jim »

Fire up a joint!
raison de arizona

Jim wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:11 pmFire up a joint!
Given what the Rs have done so far, I suspect meth is more their speed.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

House Rs are apparently trying to abolish the IRS and eliminate federal income tax. This is going to be a very production Congress, I see.
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:54 pm House Rs are apparently trying to abolish the IRS and eliminate federal income tax. This is going to be a very production Congress, I see.
Abolish the IRS and shutdown the government? What could go wrong? :doh: :doh:
raison de arizona

C-SPAN letter asking for increased camera access:
► Show Spoiler
House Rs explainer for why the word "labor" is antiquated and we should be using "workforce."
► Show Spoiler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:59 pm C-SPAN letter asking for increased camera access:
► Show Spoiler
House Rs explainer for why the word "labor" is antiquated and we should be using "workforce."
► Show Spoiler
Cause it sounds so enlightend along with Space Force :lol:

Or did they really want to have Forced Labour :?:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

“Labor carries a negative connotation” is the most elitist thing I’ve seen in some time.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:57 pm “Labor carries a negative connotation” is the most elitist thing I’ve seen in some time.
So long ago I had a client from LA, whose rich S.O. was willing to pay big bucks to promote that novel she was gonna write any second (that's where I came in). She was a local-channel news person, or had been, or whatever. Anyway, one of the suggestions I had while working with her on the book was to introduce one or two minor characters who were not dizzyingly glamorous and rich and who all talked in the same way about the same things. She didn't get what I meant, so I said, "Y,know like the guy in the convenience store where your protag buys a newspaper, or a mentor aunt who taught school back home in rural Iowa or the cleaning lady who has surprising knowledge." She said, "Oh, you mean the slackers."

I was not unhappy when she disappeared after about six weeks on the project. I hope her rich S.O. threw her out on her ass.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:54 pm House Rs are apparently trying to abolish the IRS and eliminate federal income tax. This is going to be a very production Congress, I see.
Where do they think that their salaries come from?

I know, they have no intention of really abolishing the IRS or the Income Tax. This is all just theater for the rubes back home. They can submit this bill, maybe even pass it in the House, go nowhere in the Senate, and then whine that the evil Democrats defeated the will of the people.

The same thing will happen with all the impeachments they plan. They've already submitted articles of Impeachment against the Secretary of Homeland Security. They had better impeach Biden and Harris soon. I have a feeling that, after four or five impeachments, even most republicans will tire of the charade.

BTW, what ever happened to McCarthy's promise to read the Constitution, in full, on the first day of the new Congress?
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

orlylicious wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:40 am The best part is that MAGAts actually think that the kabuki theatre in the House will happen. Having no civics education, they don't realize the Senate and White House play a part in this. The ANGER when they discover they've been shafted and these are just "messaging" bills is going to be (as Bob would say) hi-larious. So let them load up the wagon with shiny objects. And then let them down when nothing happens. :( It's so darn hard being an insurrectionist MAGAt.
The problem is that the MAGAts will not blame the Republicans for wasting time on ridiculous bills that have no hope of passing. The R's in Congress don't even really want to abolish the IRS. They would never have introduced it, if they thought it had any chance to pass. The rubes back home will blame the Democrats for subverting the WILL OF THE PEOPLE.

That's what we're going to see for the next two years: the Republicans introducing bill after bill, each one crazier than the last, that have no hope of passing, just for the campaign talking points that the Democrats are against the common people.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:57 pm “Labor carries a negative connotation” is the most elitist thing I’ve seen in some time.
You can rewrite some of that statement substituing a few words from the past that are more honestly what the right means, and it still tracks. For instance:
Though the left likes to treat employers masters like predators, we know that most job creators slaveholders have their employees's slaves best interest in mind...
See? Makes perfect sense that way and the meaning changes not a whit. :thumbsup:

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

noblepa wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:37 pm
:snippity:

BTW, what ever happened to McCarthy's promise to read the Constitution, in full, on the first day of the new Congress?
Couldn't find enough people on his side who could read without pictures.

Jim

Post by Jim »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:27 pm

I seem to remember another time when the pubs were going to read the constitution but were unable to bring themselves to read parts of it.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Jim wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:32 pm
Gregg wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:27 pm

I seem to remember another time when the pubs were going to read the constitution but were unable to bring themselves to read parts of it.

The get stuck around the 13th Amendment all the way through the one about income tax.

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Will the GOP try to change Labor Day to Workforce Day? :roll:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Labour is so womanly a word with it's birthing synonym

but the Force part of workforce is so manly sounding

and of course being forced to work (for bad pay/conditions) is the goal..
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

That's actually close to the mark. The language is such that Labor implies collectivism and bottom-up choices. Workforce implies imposition from above as a default condition. You *choose* to be part of a labor pool. You do not *choose* to be part of a workforce (except by the negative choice of not participating).

My former organization before joining the Foreign Service was referred to as a 'workforce development organization'. I spent quite a bit of time considering that.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"

Return to “Current Politics”