💣 The Disastrous 118th Congress - "Fuc*ing Fuc*wad" Mike Johnson, "My Kevin" McCarthy House Speaker /Clowns

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
pipistrelle

The 118th Congress with Kevin "My Kevin" McCarthy, Speaker /Clowns

Post by pipistrelle »

Not sure where to put this, but about a Democratic member of Congress who is not a clown. A grownup in the room. WaPo gift link.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Nice article, but depressing.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Quite the thread there, and there is also video on it.
A note on today's Ways and Means hearing on the President's Budget featuring Secretary Janet Yellen. GOP Chairman Jason Smith raised his voice repeatedly at the Secretary, the first woman in history to hold her position, in grossly disrespectful way. It was pure theater.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:40 pm Quite the thread there, and there is also video on it.
Wow. Just, wow. They're unbelievable, and not interested in governing at all, clearly.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:49 pm
Kendra wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:40 pm Quite the thread there, and there is also video on it.
Wow. Just, wow. They're unbelievable, and not interested in governing at all, clearly.
I haven't watched the videos yet. Waiting for Matlock to finish.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Freedom Caucus draws battle lines on debt ceiling

https://www.axios.com/2023/03/10/freedo ... ing-budget
In a statement released Friday, the caucus listed the conditions for its members to "consider voting to raise the debt ceiling."

Ending the Biden administration's $400 billion student loan forgiveness program.

Rescinding unspent COVID relief funds.

Clawing back funding for the IRS and climate change prevention in the Inflation Reduction Act.

Instituting greater work requirements on welfare programs.

Requiring congressional sign-off on all major federal regulations before they can go into effect.

Finding "every dollar spent by Democrats that can be reclaimed for the American taxpayer."

The big picture: The statement calls for significant across-the-board cuts in funding to federal agencies by capping spending at 2022 levels for the next 10 years.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

No pony?
raison de arizona

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Proving why the Senate passed legislation last Fall to fund this fiscal year. Even these "messaging bills" are garbage. Except for MAGAts, everyone knows that all this trash is DOA.

Bringing back J6 is hurting them even more. There are lots of stories of worried Republicans baffled why they'd want to keep looking backward. Elections are about the future. Reminding everyone of J6 and hearing the twice impeached disgraced loser proclaim again today he's an "election denier" gives me more and more confidence that Democrats will win in 2024. And that, while frustrating, ordinary Americans who aren't screaming on social media are seeing positive results in the economy and America. I'm still optimistic our best days are ahead, technology and AI are massive revolutions that will make people's lives better.

And, of course, keeping Kitara in the House is terrific.

Demographic shifts are not going away. Besides the Republicans they criminally killed during COVID with misinformation, the fact remains that the GOP is an old white party and that's not the future. In Chris Rock's Netflix special, he spent some time on J6 and had everybody laughing when he talked about how ridiculous "white grievance/"discrimination" is -- "white men trying to overthrow the government that's run by... white men".

I mentioned on Twitter, when all is said and done, Tucker Carlson reaches... 1% of Americans. He has 3.5M viewers. We're tuned in to these liars and nuts, but most of America couldn't care less.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

crosspost
"Significant Data Breach" Hits Lawmakers On Capitol Hill

BY TYLER DURDEN
THURSDAY, MAR 09, 2023 - 01:55 PM

The Chief Administrative Officer of the House of Representatives, Catherine L. Szpindor, told lawmakers Wednesday their personal information was exposed in a "significant data breach" at a health insurance marketplace.

"I have been informed by the United States Capitol Police and DC Health Link* of a data breach impacting Members and staff. DC Health Link suffered a significant data breach yesterday, potentially exposing the Personal Identifiable Information (PII) of thousands of enrollees. As a Member or employee eligible for health insurance through the DC Health Link, your data may have been comprised," Szpindor wrote in a letter to colleagues on Capitol Hill on Wednesday.

It did not appear that lawmakers were specifically the target in the breach, Szpindor said. She continued:

"Currently, I do not know the size and scope of the breach, but have been informed by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) that account information and [personally identifiable information] of hundreds of Member and House staff were stolen. I expect to have access to the list of impacted enrollees later today and will notify you directly if your information was compromised."

Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and Democratic leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.) were told by the FBI that cyber security agents found personal information from DC Health Link on the dark web, according to The Washington Post, citing a letter sent by House leadership to the health insurance marketplace. Agents found the names of spouses, dependent children, their social security numbers, and home addresses.

DC Health Link confirmed the breach and stated, "data for some DC Health Link customers have been exposed on a public forum."

Szpindor told lawmakers and staff to "freeze your credit" to prevent anyone from being able to "open a credit card, or taking out a loan in your name."

The House Administration Committee tweeted its "aware of the breach and is working with the CAO to ensure the vendor takes necessary steps to protect the PII of any impacted member, staff, and their families."

Here's Szpindor's full letter to lawmakers about the data breach:

https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/si ... pitol-hill
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:04 am crosspost
"Significant Data Breach" Hits Lawmakers On Capitol Hill

BY TYLER DURDEN
THURSDAY, MAR 09, 2023 - 01:55 PM
I mean, not for nothin', but can anyone account for George Santos' whereabouts during the time of the breach?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Just wait until he brags about being one of the smartest penetration testers in the country and still has to be cought :lol:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Kendra wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:28 am
I wonder what Madge-Tadge, the real speaker (in her own head) has to say?

Betcha it's sumpin' profound an' shit.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
raison de arizona

This whole concept that it is a subversion of democracy to prosecute politicians for criming is... stupid.

What happened to no one is above the law?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:02 pm What happened to no one is above the law?
Trump is above the law. I hate it, but I admit it.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Biden’s DOJ is coordinating with the Democrat Manhattan DA to arrest Donald Trump, the top Republican Presidential candidate for 2024, and charge him with a fake outdated misdemeanor charge.

It’s ALL FOR POLITICS!

This is what they do in communists countries to destroy their political opponents!

Republicans in Congress MUST subpoena these communists and END this!

We have the power to do it and we also have the power to DEFUND their salaries and departments!

Enough of this!

The American people deserve a government that actually works for them NOT a bunch of self centered communists who bail out their donors, protect the elites, and weld their power to punish their political enemies!
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Can't wait for her take on the upcoming Georgia indictment.

:bored:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:yeahthat:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Calling people you don't like none "commies" is just so twentieth century. :yawn:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Foggy wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:04 pm Calling people you don't like none "commies" is just so twentieth century. :yawn:
What is old is new again....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

@RepSwalwell
The guy who created a committee to look into “weaponization of government” is using his powers in government to stop an independent prosecution of his boss.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Hey, Kev,

How about you and I sitting down over a fine lunch and a bottle of Ruffino Riserva Ducale at Luigi's in Bakersfield and discuss the topic, "Abuse of Power." My treat.

You can tell me why what Republicans do is not abusing their power. We can start with the Dobbs decision and its after effects. Then we can move onto Florida and Rhonda Santis. Explain why you want to hold the country hostage and not increase the debt level that had been increased dramatically between 2017 and 2020. Who was president in those years, and why were you cool with all that spending? This might get us into our second bottle of wine.

Anyway you try to polish it Kevin, you are still a turd.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:02 pm This whole concept that it is a subversion of democracy to prosecute politicians for criming is... stupid.

What happened to no one is above the law?
Coming from a crowd hoarse from screaming "Lock her up" for 6 years.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

McCarthy calls for no protests or violence if Trump is arrested

https://www.axios.com/2023/03/19/mccart ... p-arrested
Why it matters: Media reports and the former president's own comments signal that an indictment from the Manhattan district attorney's office could be imminent, with Trump urging supporters to "[p]rotest, take our nation back!"

Driving the news: At a press conference to kick off House Republicans' annual retreat in Orlando, Florida, McCarthy told reporters: "I don't think people should protest this, no."

The House speaker also defended Trump, arguing he "doesn't believe that either" and is "not talking in a harmful way," though he said the two of them haven't actually spoken about the matter.

"Nobody should harm one another in this. ... We want calmness out there," McCarthy said. "I do not believe there should be any violence [in response] to this."

The intrigue: McCarthy joins a surprising hardline House Republican also discouraging protests — Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.).

"We don't need to protest," Greene tweeted on Saturday, arguing that Democrats are "sealing their own fate" in the 2024 election if Trump is indicted.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “Current Politics”