💣 The Disastrous 118th Congress - MAGA Mike Johnson Saved by Shadow Speaker Hakeem Jeffries

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

💣 The Disastrous 118th Congress - "My Kevin" McCarthy "Fuc*ing Fuc*wad" Mike Johnson, House Speaker /Clowns

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

💣 The Disastrous 118th Congress - "My Kevin" McCarthy "Fuc*ing Fuc*wad" Mike Johnson, House Speaker /Clowns

Acyn @Acyn wrote: McGovern: This is the most incompetent majority in American history.. Republicans have tried and failed to pass their own rules seven times this congress. Before this Congress, it had been 20 years since a rule failed. It’s been 50 years since we’ve seen this many rules go down.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Bizarro world.
Biden-Harris HQ @BidenHQ wrote: Mike Johnson blames mass shootings on “no-fault divorce laws,” “feminism,” and Roe v. Wade
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:02 pm Bizarro world.
Biden-Harris HQ @BidenHQ wrote: Mike Johnson blames mass shootings on “no-fault divorce laws,” “feminism,” and Roe v. Wade
Oh shut the eff up.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Translation.. the world was better when women stayed in their place and served their husband/master.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona

Negues says, "facts matter," but he is wrong. We live in a post-fact world of alternative truth.
Adam Parkhomenko @AdamParkhomenko wrote: Neguse brings receipts with Donald Trump's name on them this morning on the House floor re: FISA
raison de arizona

Scary stuff, they're playing with fire.
Decoding Fox News @DecodingFoxNews wrote: @LisaDNews breaks down why many in the intelligence community are so concerned about the vote to not renew FISA. About 60% of the information in the Presidential Daily Briefing is obtained through the FISA 702 program.
On tfg's influence: https://x.com/DecodingFoxNews/status/17 ... 6461530548
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

northland10 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:19 pm Translation.. the world was better when women stayed in their place and served their husband/master. I'm blaming everything bar Guns because the Gun Companies are paying me
Corrected translation.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

https://x.com/LisaDNews/status/1780005846090445256
Lisa Desjardins @LisaDNews wrote: BREAKING here: These are the amounts and details in @SpeakerJohnson’s plan - from source in room.

More…
► Show Spoiler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Does Rand Paul have his own thread? Couldn't find it and too lazy and tired to try harder :oldlady:

On Bartiromo's Sunday show, he came on and just railed against Speaker Johnson. Not that I care about hurting Johnson's feelings, but I watched and it was pretty nasty.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... f343&ei=33

Rand Paul sees no 'difference' between Speaker Johnson and Democrats
Paul said, "People have to be strong in their convictions. He was seen as a conservative before he came to the speakership. He's completely changed and lost all his principles on the idea that we shouldn't spy on Americans without a warrant."
He added, "Johnson hasn't held his ground. He has power. He has a majority. Use the power of the purse, Speaker Johnson. Do something to make us think you are different than the Democrats, but so far, I don't see a lot of difference."
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Kendra wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:40 pm Does Rand Paul have his own thread? Couldn't find it and too lazy and tired to try harder :oldlady:

On Bartiromo's Sunday show, he came on and just railed against Speaker Johnson. Not that I care about hurting Johnson's feelings, but I watched and it was pretty nasty.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... f343&ei=33

Rand Paul sees no 'difference' between Speaker Johnson and Democrats
Paul said, "People have to be strong in their convictions. He was seen as a conservative before he came to the speakership. He's completely changed and lost all his principles on the idea that we shouldn't spy on Americans without a warrant."
He added, "Johnson hasn't held his ground. He has power. He has a majority. Use the power of the purse, Speaker Johnson. Do something to make us think you are different than the Democrats, but so far, I don't see a lot of difference."
I dunno, I can't remember any recent politician that looked as clichéd republican as Johnson.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:26 pm https://x.com/LisaDNews/status/1780005846090445256
Lisa Desjardins @LisaDNews wrote: BREAKING here: These are the amounts and details in @SpeakerJohnson’s plan - from source in room.

More…
► Show Spoiler
So.....

Of the 48.43 Bn bux for Ukraine, 70% is being spent DIRECTLY in the US, with US (mostly) companies in the military industrial field...?

A not insignificant number of which I would bet will be spent in Red states....

So, Republicans have a problem with making sure that government money is spent in Republican states, keeping Republican voters in paid jobs both directly and indirectly paid for by the Wicked Federal Gubmn't ...?
raison de arizona

Speaker Johnson's team briefed conservative influencers on his election bill before Trump meeting
Conservative influencers were briefed about House Speaker Mike Johnson's latest election integrity bill well before it was publicly announced.

High-profile right-wing influencers were briefed on House Speaker Mike Johnson’s voter registration bill well in advance of its announcement in what appears to be a coordinated social media campaign meant to drum up support for the legislation, which is dead on arrival on the Senate.

Conservative influencers posted dozens of times before Johnson, R-La., publicly announced the bill alongside former President Donald Trump at Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Florida, calling on Congress to pass the bill, which has not yet been filed, and offering policy details that are still not available to the public.

The legislation targets voting by noncitizens, which is already illegal and very rare. Johnson appeared at Mar-a-Lago at a time when his speakership is in a precarious position, with attacks from far-right Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., who has a significant social media following. Getting some public support and praise from Trump could give Johnson a bit of protection with the Republican base, as could drumming up support from conservative social media influencers.

At 3:50 p.m. ET Friday, Ryan Fournier, the chair of Students for Trump, who boasts a million followers on X, appears to have been the first to have posted the name and details of the bill.

Johnson’s news conference was scheduled to begin at 4:30 p.m. ET Friday, but it began just after 5 p.m. Neither Johnson nor his office would provide specifics about the legislation before Friday's event when they were asked by NBC News. His office confirmed Monday that background information about the bill had been sent in advance to conservative-leaning influencers. In the hours leading up to Johnson and Trump's news conference, social media posters, including Libs of TikTok, DC_Draino and EndWokeness, promoted the legislation online. They all called the bill “the SAVE Act,” though Johnson did not name it as such.

"PASS THE BILL,” DC_Draino wrote at 4:22 p.m., claiming the bill “would require blue states to obtain proof of citizenship for voter registration.”

On X, EndWokeness wrote that the bill would add penalties for election officials’ registering noncitizens to vote.

Rep. Chip Roy, R-Texas, reposted EndWokeness’ post at 4:40 p.m., saying he had authored the bill. A spokesman for Roy said the bill has not yet been filed yet, but Roy posted a screenshot of the first few lines of legislation before Johnson's speech.

The bill is dead on arrival, with Democrats controlling the Senate. Johnson said Friday, though, that simply putting the bill to a vote would be "interesting."
:snippity:
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... rcna147868
raison de arizona

I'm astonished :faint:
Lose Cruz @LoseCruzPAC wrote: Ted Cruz voted against the bill funding the “major investment” he’s applauding.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Lol bring on round 3

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona

💣 The Disastrous 118th Congress - "Fuc*ing Fuc*wad" Mike Johnson, "My Kevin" McCarthy House Speaker /Clowns

Hey, look what came to town. :lol:
The Lincoln Project @ProjectLincoln wrote: Fixed it @HouseGOP
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Republicans walk the impeachment articles to the Senate
noblepa

💣 The Disastrous 118th Congress - "Fuc*ing Fuc*wad" Mike Johnson, "My Kevin" McCarthy House Speaker /Clowns

Post by noblepa »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:06 pm Republicans walk the impeachment articles to the Senate
And of course Moscow Marge is participating in this MAGA theater event.

Has the Senate dismissed it yet?
bob

Post by bob »

noblepa wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:15 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:06 pm Republicans walk the impeachment articles to the Senate
Participating? Greene was named a co-manager! (The things she can extract from SINO (Speaker in Name Only) Johnson.)
The Senate has a legislative day to start the "trial." So I wouldn't expect a dismissal until at least tomorrow.
Image ImageImage
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

noblepa wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:15 pm

They need to have a good laugh first. BTW, where's the Biden impeachment at?
Largo al factotum.
raison de arizona

Video at link: https://x.com/therecount/status/1780253175447982577
The Recount @therecount wrote: House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA): “I regard myself as a wartime Speaker… Former Speaker Newt Gingrich posted a couple days ago ... that this is the hardest challenge that's faced a Speaker probably in the history of the country … comparable to the Civil War, but maybe worse.”
Maybe recognize that your 1 vote majority doesn't mean the country is behind you, but rather that HALF of the country (at least) is against you. So maybe cut the unity crap and figure out how to compromise? Like a real hoo-mon?

And good grief, did god have big plans for humble Mike or what? First he was the next Moses, now he's a wartime Speaker facing the hardest challenge in the history of the country. Worse than the Civil War. Too. Also.

Does it bother anyone else that the Speaker of the House has literal spyware on his phone that sends his browsing history to his son? (And a group of small countries.)
raison de arizona

zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

Bring it, MTG. Let's see the Republicans look like bigger incompetent arses than they already are.
Largo al factotum.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

The US isn’t just reauthorizing its surveillance laws – it’s vastly expanding them
A little-known amendment to the reauthorized version of Fisa would enlarge the government’s surveillance powers to a drastic, draconian degree

Caitlin Vogus
Tue 16 Apr 2024 18.00 CEST

The US House of Representatives agreed to reauthorize a controversial spying law known as Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act last Friday without any meaningful reforms, dashing hopes that Congress might finally put a stop to intelligence agencies’ warrantless surveillance of Americans’ emails, text messages and phone calls.

The vote not only reauthorized the act, though; it also vastly expanded the surveillance law enforcement can conduct. In a move that Senator Ron Wyden condemned as “terrifying”, the House also doubled down on a surveillance authority that has been used against American protesters, journalists and political donors in a chilling assault on free speech.

Section 702 in its current form allows the government to compel communications giants like Google and Verizon to turn over information. An amendment to the bill approved by the House vastly increases the law’s scope. The Turner-Himes amendment – so named for its champions Representatives Mike Turner and Jim Himes – would permit federal law enforcement to also force “any other service provider” with access to communications equipment to hand over data. That means anyone with access to a wifi router, server or even phone – anyone from a landlord to a laundromat – could be required to help the government spy.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... nce-senate
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

I know this is related to the senate but they just rejected the first impeachment charge for Mayorkas
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle

Return to “Current Politics”