Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

💣 The Disastrous 118th Congress - "My Kevin" McCarthy "Fuc*ing Fuc*wad" Mike Johnson, House Speaker /Clowns

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

The 118th Congress with Kevin "My Kevin" McCarthy, Speaker /Clowns

Post by northland10 »

Off Topic
Looking at their Facebook page, they did have an impressive amount of racial diversity in that congregation. It is not entirely unexpected as some of the Pentecostal and holiness churches have been that way for a long time.
101010 :towel:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
Yes, I'm just saying, at my age if I hear that someone is a Christian, I have to wonder "What kind of Christian," because the word covers so much vastly different territory now. And I do have new respect for the Church on Fire, because I spent 6 years delivering funeral flowers in this town, and my impression was that the churches in Raleigh are strictly segregated by race, on an entirely voluntary basis.

So I'm glad to hear that might not be true in the northern rural areas.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Off Topic
IIRC, the most segregated places in the country are every Sunday morning in churches.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

ATM inside?

Isnt there a story about that kind of thing in the New Testament?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

keith wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:54 pm ATM inside?

Isnt there a story about that kind of thing in the New Testament?
The ATM is "Atonement Truth and Mercy". It's supposed to be a clever sign.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Biden's former executive assistant testified she didn't know about classified docs
Kathy Chung said she didn't encounter classified documents when she packed up files for Biden or notice any during her time at the Penn Biden Center, according to a memo released by House Democrats on the Oversight Committee.

May 3, 2023, 6:05 PM CEST
By Ryan Nobles and Summer Concepcion

President Joe Biden’s former executive assistant who helped pack up materials at his private office at the Penn Biden Center testified that she did not come across any documents marked classified, according to a memo released by Democrats on the House Oversight Committee on Wednesday.

The GOP-led Oversight Committee last month interviewed Kathy Chung, who worked for Biden when he was vice president and helped pack up the contents of his office in January 2017 during the transition, as part of its investigation into the discovery last year of classified documents in Biden’s home and office.

In the memo, first reported by CNN, House Democrats said they felt compelled to release a portion of the transcript of Chung’s testimony because committee chair Rep. James Comer, R-Ky., mischaracterized her testimony in a way that did not reflect what she shared in her transcribed interview.

Democrats raised concerns over Comer’s assertion in interviews to the media that Chung was given the job based on a recommendation from the president’s son, Hunter Biden — a point that Chung refuted during her testimony. They claimed that Republican staff members on the committee admitted that Comer’s assertion was “mischaracterization” during conversations with Chung’s attorneys.

“For you to say she got the job ‘to help with the Biden family moving documents at the recommendation of Hunter Biden’ and further that you expect to pursue some bizarre notion that Hunter Biden recommended her because of a purported interest in documents indicates to us the real possibility that you do not intend to treat Ms. Chung fairly,” the memo said.

Democrats contended that Comer "amplified baseless, xenophobic, and racist conspiracy theories" of Chung by attempting to tie her to the Chinese Communist Party in interviews with Fox News and Newsmax in January. In the memo, they cited a portion of Chung's transcribed interview in which she said that she does not have any relationship with the CCP.

Democrats also pushed back against Comer’s suggestion that Chung revealed “startling” information in the interview, citing a portion of the transcript where Chung says she did not come across any classified documents.

Comer decided to "cherry-pick and misrepresent critical information in this investigation while refusing to publicly release the full interview transcripts," they said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/joe-bi ... -rcna82664
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

They are such garbage.
Comer decided to "cherry-pick and misrepresent critical information in this investigation while refusing to publicly release the full interview transcripts," they said.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

If the document existed, the republicans would leak it. They’re going to claim it exists, then blame the DoJ for “refusing” to release it. They’re just so predictable at this point it’s embarrassing.edit
tek

Post by tek »

According to a an alleged whistleblower, this record details an alleged arrangement involving an exchange of money for policy decisions.…
FIFT
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

tek wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 6:34 am
According to a an alleged whistleblower, this record details an alleged arrangement involving an exchange of money for policy decisions.…
FIFT
Actually, they are listed in the old Yellow Pages as 'AAA Alleged Whistleblower'. Because, as I recall, that's how things were done back then.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
tek

Post by tek »

Laser-focused.
The GOP proposal is called the Limit, Save, Grow Act of 2023. It passed the House on a narrow party-line vote, with 217 Republicans voting in favor, and four Republicans joining 211 Democrats in voting against.
Of the bill’s 316 pages, three deal with raising the debt ceiling and nine deal with capping federal spending. The rest address other Republican priorities.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Acme Whistleblowers, LLC
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

So, House Oversight isn’t interested in the $2B the Saudi’s handed over to Kushner, their massive investment in a new Trump resort in Oman, or their payments to Trump to host their golf tournaments?

We’re supposed to listen to wild allegations about Hunter Biden from people who happily serve with George Santos, who is under indictment for multiple federal felonies?

Not Santos’s family members, Santos himself.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Comer is asked for a single Joe Biden policy they believe has been unduly influenced.

He cannot name a single one.

Incredible.
@RonFilipkowski
After all this time, money and effort, House Oversight doesn’t have a single payment from anyone to Joe Biden for anything, and can’t point to a single policy that he changed, implemented, or impacted as VP because of Hunter.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

So, the Bidens received money from foreign "entities"? Well, the Trump family is and has received money from foreign governments. Which is far more concerning that from foreign "entities". Likely businesses. Hundreds if not thousands of Americans do business overseas and receive money from "foreign entities". That is not against the law. And it's not the Vice President that approves foreign aid, it's Congress. So, which members of Congress does Comer want to string up?
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

RVInit wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 12:55 pm So, the Bidens received money from foreign "entities"? Well, the Trump family is and has received money from foreign governments. Which is far more concerning that from foreign "entities". Likely businesses. Hundreds if not thousands of Americans do business overseas and receive money from "foreign entities". That is not against the law. And it's not the Vice President that approves foreign aid, it's Congress. So, which members of Congress does Comer want to string up?
Apparently, the former Presiding Officer of the Senate. :rimshot:
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Ron is on a roll today :biggrin:
@RonFilipkowski
The people of KY must be so pleased to know that they sent James Comer to Washington to help make their lives better by investigating Joe Biden’s granddaughter.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Leading Democrat blasts GOP war on ‘woke’ in anti-ESG hearing

BY SAUL ELBEIN -
05/10/23 3:02 PM ET

Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.) blasted the GOP attacks on “woke” ideology during a House Oversight Committee hearing Wednesday, arguing the term has a proud history and that it should guide companies in their business decisions.

“The word work comes from the Indo-European root ‘weg,’ which means to be strong and alert,” Raskin said at a hearing focused on environmental, social and governance (ESG) investing.

That word also evolved into the modern word vigilance.

“The whole point of being a fiduciary is to be vigilant, watchful and alert to opportunities and risks,” Raskin said in defending ESG investing. “And that’s what asset managers, corporate board members and executives do with other people’s money.”

The opposite of a woke investing strategy, Raskin argued, “is a negligent and inattentive investment strategy.”

State and national Republicans have gone on the attack over ESG, arguing that the embrace of ESG principles by multinational finance institutions represents an attempt by unelected, largely-foreign elites to set domestic policy in the U.S.

In testimony on Wednesday to the House Oversight Committee, Utah attorney general Sean Reyes called ESG part of “an open conspiracy to bypass Congress and instead impose costly changes on American consumers using the power of horizontal agreements by key players in our financial system.”

The GOP case against ESG is simple: that asset managers shouldn’t be considering anything other than financial returns when they make investment decisions.

Keeping climate goals — particularly the Paris Climate Agreement goal of keeping planetary heating as close to 1.5 degrees Celsius as possible — will have drastic results that Americans haven’t agreed to, Reyes argued.

Such changes “would impact everything from how we grow our food and what we eat to how we power our homes and businesses and even what kind of cars we are allowed to purchase.”

One witness called by committee Democrats disagreed.

“We are witnessing a widespread, highly coordinated, politically motivated attack on investors and the hard-working people they serve,” Illinois state treasurer Michael Frerichs told the committee.

“ESG is about looking at a wider range of risks and value opportunities that can have a material financial impact on investment performance.”

In the category of an environmental factor, an investor in a car company might want to think “about whether that company is aligned with market expectations and preparing for the shift to electric vehicles.”

As a ‘social’ factor, Frerichs pointed to the costs of being invested in a pharmaceutical company with “exposure to massive lawsuits because of its role in the opioid epidemic.”

To the GOP, however, such considerations constitute an attack on conservatives’ beliefs — language that was an explicit part of Gov. Ron DeSantis’ (R-Fla.) far-reaching anti-ESG bill last week.

The attack on sustainable investing is personal for Raskin, who saw his wife Sarah Bloom Raskin’s nomination for the role of top cop at the Federal Reserve fall apart over allegations that her concerns around climate financial risks were an attempt to do policy by the backdoor.

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-envir ... g-hearing/
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:cantlook: :brickwallsmall:

W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Go woke or go broke!

(I am putting this on all the FB sponsored ads that people are whinging about woke ideology in the comments)
busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

Not to interrupt, but every time I see ESG I think of the sisters from the South Bronx.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESG_(band)
Emerald, Sapphire & Gold
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

gawd repukes are so dumb
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:rotflmao:

I’m getting flashbacks to whatshisdumbass and Jack Burke and their Cougar Liz Warren fiasco. Remember? She was supposed to be having an affair with a hot Marine.
She embraced it on Twitter and had fun with it and the “whistleblower” made a statement that it was bullshit.

Return to “Current Politics”