Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

What are you driving?

Phoenix520
Verified:

What are you driving?

Post by Phoenix520 »

Where’s the Mouse? :mrgreen:

I want a Mustang Mach E GT too
but right now I’m in a 2013 Lexus RX 350, gas powered. My 2006 Hybrid which I LOVED (Tolland and I had the same car) finally died at in 2019 at 225,900. I thought the hybrid battery would go first but it was the engine. I don’t love this Lexus as much. Mr520 drives either ‘57 Apache or a ‘57 Ford panel van depending on what’s running at the moment. I’m pretty much always on stand-by, in case one craps out on the freeway.

Jason Momoa also drive old cars and trucks and he’s said that he always stops to help if he sees a guy with an old truck in trouble. So far no luck.
MN-Skeptic

What are you driving?

Post by MN-Skeptic »

My husband bought a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport with all the bells and whistles in early 2017. When he passed away a year later, I sold my 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe to a grandniece who needed a good vehicle. She got a good deal, and I have a car I really like with all the safety features they put into newer cars.

With the pandemic, I wasn't driving the car all that often. It will be 6 years old in March and I only have about 23,500 miles on it.
tek

What are you driving?

Post by tek »

2023 Grand Cherokee L
and
2014 Grand Cherokee

Both a pretty long way from my first car, a '64 Valiant.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

What are you driving?

Post by Foggy »

Has V checked in? V drives some advanced machinery, that guy.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Foggy
Dick Tater

What are you driving?

Post by Foggy »

I love Maybenaut's MGB. Gorgeous.
somerset

What are you driving?

Post by somerset »

Maybenaut wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:32 pm 2022 Ford Mustang Mach E GT.

Love it. We’ve had it since September and I’ve only had to charge it at public charging stations twice. Most of the time I charge it at home where we have solar power.
► Show Spoiler
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

What are you driving?

Post by northland10 »

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. This was a practical purchase. I have a need to carry keyboards and other sound equipment around so it comes in very handy. And since I do not drive very much anymore (even while commuting, it was not all that much), the mileage is not a huge concern.

I used to have Ford Rangers.
101010 :towel:
W. Kevin Vicklund

What are you driving?

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

I'm always driving Dr. Vicklund crazy. :batting:

She drives a 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid, battery refurbished in 2021; sitting at 179,000+ miles. Looking to replace it, because she is having trouble getting out due to arthritis (too low to ground). I'd love to get her a plug-in hybrid in something like an HR-V, but those don't even come as a regular hybrid. Suggestions welcome.

My 2014 Honda Odyssey (known as Doug, because the collision warning system gets rather distracted by squirrels) is on loan to friends who are moving (I was helping them move when I had my seizure, and told them to keep using it until the move was done). Finally got over 100,000 miles on it this summer. Still have years of use, but will eventually go PHEV or EV when the time comes.
p0rtia

What are you driving?

Post by p0rtia »

2015 Honda Fit EX
Honda Fit sm.jpg
Honda Fit sm.jpg (338.01 KiB) Viewed 944 times
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

What are you driving?

Post by bill_g »

2009 Black Ford Ranger extended cab.
Foggy
Dick Tater

What are you driving?

Post by Foggy »

bill_g wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:33 am 2009 Black Ford Ranger extended cab.
Gregg built that. 8-)

Hokay, maybe just the transmission. :|
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

What are you driving?

Post by northland10 »

Foggy wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:58 am
bill_g wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:33 am 2009 Black Ford Ranger extended cab.
Gregg built that. 8-)

Hokay, maybe just the transmission. :|
Maybe he had a hand in my former 2002 Ford Ranger XLT.
fordranger.jpg
fordranger.jpg (114.2 KiB) Viewed 910 times
Or my one before that, a 1994 Ford Ranger XLT.

Then I done gone Jeep.
jeepgc-redact.jpg
jeepgc-redact.jpg (180.3 KiB) Viewed 908 times
Now before everything thinks I look for red, they were just a coincidence. The Jeep was not black or dark grey, which I did not want. The Ranger was happened to fit the bill (four-wheel drive since i was tired of driving a rear-wheeled on in the snow-covered hills of northern Michigan). My previous Ranger was "champaign," and the one before that tan. I miss that color as it really helped hide dirt, especially when doing camp work in the summer.
101010 :towel:
Gregg

What are you driving?

Post by Gregg »

I daily drive a 2021 Escape PHEV which I own. When I go to Lousiville or somewhere else for the motorcar company and don't want to take my own car I take something at random from the fleet of test trucks at the plant usually I ask for an Expidition but occasionally there is reason for me to take a Super Duty. We have 2 F-650s and I have driven one of them once when I was bringing back a rack of transmissions.

Sometimes we have something that needs miles put on it for durability testing or sometimes I plug a laptop in and do dianostic stuff while I have it out but usually I just need a ride so I take whatever is available. We have 27 test trucks now. I hate the Transits, love the Expiditions and tolerate the F series stuff.

I have had 15 Mustangs in my life, one of them was Blue. Here's a pic of my 2005 "Mock 1" which I bought as a Red GT and then did the black out trim, shaker hood and such to make it look like a Mach 1 in a year Ford didn't build one.

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Foggy
Dick Tater

What are you driving?

Post by Foggy »

I haven't been.

Driving this summer.

Well, not since June 22. Okay, summer started on the 21st, so I did drive the first two days of the summer, but bright and early on the 22nd, I drove myself and the world's greatest wife down to Duke Raleigh Hospital, and that was the end of that.

Haven't driven a mile since.

June ... July ... August ... :mad:

My wife sold had my van towed away as junk. It had about the same number of miles on it as the distance from the Earth to the Moon, and I drove every mile of it. We didn't buy the van until 2005, and I've driven other cars in our family another 100,000 miles since we bought the van. So 350,000 miles minimum since 2003. I like to drive. :towel:

All told, I have probably driven close to, maybe even more than a million miles. I was born and raised in the American car culture, primarily in SoCal, and I can only go so long without driving a car. Or truck, I like those too also. Y'know how W4 doesn't drive a car at all?

I make up for her and all her henchwomen. I am a drivin' fool. :mrgreen:

But not this summer, and it's killing me. I gotta drive, man. I can't even be a passenger, nobody drives as well as me, and I get bad points for giving out good pointers. :blackeye:

I have to shut up, which is not my oeuvre. As some of you know. :daydreaming:

Tomorrow is three long weeks since my last ( :pray:) surgery of the summer year, and I'm ready to DRIVE. I'll be careful, but jeez. Lemme play "Anticipation" again (just kidding, my earworm today was The Girl from Ipanema and I taught myself the lyrics).
Estiveo
Verified:

What are you driving?

Post by Estiveo »

I'm still driving my beloved 2005 Honda Element, which has been to FEMA Camp 17, and in which both Verbalobe and Foggy have ridden.
Estiveoshot_20230823_131526.jpg
Estiveoshot_20230823_131526.jpg (96.75 KiB) Viewed 681 times
Image Image Image Image
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

What are you driving?

Post by Maybenaut »

I’m driving a Mustang MachE. I took it on my first real road trip recently - 300 miles each way. I had to plan my route but it was no big deal - I can’t go longer than two hours without a pee break and I was able to make that work.
IMG_7114.jpeg
IMG_7114.jpeg (144.86 KiB) Viewed 673 times
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Foggy
Dick Tater

What are you driving?

Post by Foggy »

Hay that's a beautiful machine (so is Estiveo's Element)!
qbawl

What are you driving?

Post by qbawl »

Back in the day I used to drive a ton of miles between a daily commute of 45 miles, coaching travel hockey, and in later years attending cheerleading competitions, and swim meets. Throw in a vacation trip or two, and the miles piled up.

When I retired in 2006 and with the kids safely tucked away in college I purchased an Acura TL. Loved that car and since I was no longer putting on many miles it lasted until late last year when the squirrel ate the wiring harness which in turn borked the engine computer.

Finding a replacement for a 17 year old engine computer was a challenge. Three failed and had to be sent back (this was during the chip crisis not that new would have worked anyway I suppose) before they found one that worked. It was now running fine again but the clearcoat was chipping away. The car still looked beautiful in the rain but when things dried up it appeared the car had some virulent skin disease.

So I broke down and got a new Acura RDX. I would have gone with a TLX but the RDX is so much easier to get in and out of. Do you know the ‘future shock’ that sets in when you go from a 2006 to a 2023? The damn thing jerks the steering wheel and flashes lights if I drift slightly out of my lane. I don’t know what half the lights are trying to tell me. I’ve only discovered ⅓ of the features and how to activate them. There are three information displays including a HUD (Heads Up Display) that makes me feel like Maverick in “TOP GUN”. I forgot to order the 60mm cannon option.

Still so far I really love it.
sad-cafe

What are you driving?

Post by sad-cafe »

2019 Jeep Renegade

Black
Black leather interior
power windows
power seats
sun roof
side alertness
back up cam
realist

What are you driving?

Post by realist »

Maybenaut wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:29 pm I’m driving a Mustang MachE. I took it on my first real road trip recently - 300 miles each way. I had to plan my route but it was no big deal - I can’t go longer than two hours without a pee break and I was able to make that work.

IMG_7114.jpeg
Nice car.

But doesn't look much like a Mustang. :(
66-fastback-1-1049825666.jpg
66-fastback-1-1049825666.jpg (357.38 KiB) Viewed 646 times
Image X 4
Image X 32
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

What are you driving?

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

You forgot the cannon, Qbawl? :faint:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
qbawl

What are you driving?

Post by qbawl »

I was in a hurry! :bag:
Foggy
Dick Tater

What are you driving?

Post by Foggy »

My dad bought a '65 Mustang brand new.

Looked great. He got the convertible, of course (all his cars were ragtops).

It wasn't a great car.

sugar magnolia

What are you driving?

Post by sugar magnolia »

Foggy wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:18 pm My dad bought a '65 Mustang brand new.

It wasn't a great car.

I had a '68 until we had too many baby seats for a 2 door. Second best car I ever owned.
realist

What are you driving?

Post by realist »

Foggy wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:18 pm My dad bought a '65 Mustang brand new.

It wasn't a great car.

My first car was a 1966 Mustang Fastback 2+2, like the blue one I posted above, except yellow. Great car. I drove it hard, raced it, etc., and it never had any major work done on it, only regular maintenance. I bought it brand new and it was my and my fambly's only car until 1975, when we bought a bigger car for the growing fambly, but I kept the Mustang and drove it for 20 years, until 1986, when I made one of the many big mistakes of my life and sold it. :crying: It was in pristine condition at the time, everything still original, would be worth a small fortune now. :smoking:
Image X 4
Image X 32

Return to “Economy”