George Santos (R-NY) and his imaginative (but dishonest) résumé

Post by RTH10260 »

:rotflmao:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kendra wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:47 pm
Plot Twist: It was a Hydrox, not even a real Oreo.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

As I predicted. McCarthy’s weakness and lack of integrity in dealing with Santos will cost them a few other seats in 2024. And the NY GOP knows it.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Ben-Prime wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:37 pm
Kendra wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:47 pm https: //twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1632835478234845189
Plot Twist: It was a Hydrox, not even a real Oreo.
My BIL refused to eat Oreos. We had to stock up on Hydrox when he was coming.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

New episode of "That Darn Kitara!" :P Kitara 2024!!

George Santos masterminded 2017 ATM fraud, former roommate tells feds
“Santos taught me how to skim card information and how to clone cards,” Gustavo Ribeiro Trelha, who was convicted of felony access device fraud, said Wednesday in a sworn declaration submitted to the FBI.
By JACQUELINE SWEET 03/09/2023 05:49 PM EST

NEW YORK – Rep. George Santos orchestrated a 2017 credit card skimming operation in Seattle, the man who was convicted of the fraud and deported to Brazil said in a sworn declaration submitted to federal authorities Wednesday. “I am coming forward today to declare that the person in charge of the crime of credit card fraud when I was arrested was George Santos / Anthony Devolder,” Gustavo Ribeiro Trelha wrote in the declaration. It was sent by express mail and email to the FBI, the U.S. Secret Service New York office and the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Eastern District of New York, according to a copy of the receipt from the United States Postal Service. Telha decided to contact law enforcement officials after seeing the newly minted congressman on television, he said in the declaration.
“Santos taught me how to skim card information and how to clone cards. He gave me all the materials and taught me how to put skimming devices and cameras on ATM machines,” Trelha said in the declaration that was submitted to authorities by his New York attorney, Mark Demetropoulos. POLITICO obtained a copy of the declaration. Spokespeople for the FBI did not return messages. Representatives for the Secret Service and the U.S. Attorney’s Office declined to comment. A lawyer for Santos also did not respond to emails and text messages for comment.

Trelha and Santos met in the fall of 2016 on a Facebook group for Brazilians living in Orlando, Fla., he said in the declaration and in an interview with POLITICO. By November, Trelha had rented a room in Santos’ Winter Park, Fla., apartment, according to a copy of the lease viewed by POLITICO. “That is when and where I learned from him how to clone ATM and credit cards,” Trelha wrote in the declaration that was translated from his native Portuguese. Santos kept a warehouse on Kirkman Road in Orlando to store the skimming equipment, according to the declaration. “He had a lot of material — parts, printers, blank ATM and credit cards to be painted and engraved with stolen account and personal information. “Santos gave me at his warehouse, some of the parts to illegally skim credit card information. Right after he gave me the card skimming and cloning machines, he taught me how to use them,” Trelha wrote. Trelha then flew out to Seattle where he was caught on a security camera removing a skimming device from a Chase ATM on Pike Street, according to law enforcement records. He was arrested on April 27.

A spokesperson for the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Seattle previously told POLITICO it’s not unusual for credit card thieves to go far from home to nab numbers so there’s less chance of the stolen numbers being traced back to the perpetrators. That spokesperson, Emily Langlie, said she didn’t have any information about Santos’ involvement in the Trelha case. At the time of his arrest, Trelha had a fake Brazilian ID card and 10 suspected fraudulent cards in his hotel room, according to police documents. An empty FedEx package police found in his rental car was sent from the Winter Park unit he shared with Santos. Trelha told federal authorities in the declaration Wednesday that his “deal with Santos was 50% for him and 50% for me.” “We used a computer to be able to download the information on the pieces. We also used an external hard drive to save the filming, because the skimmer took the information from the card, and the camera took the password,” he wrote. “It didn’t work out so well, because I was arrested,” he admitted.
More: https://www.politico.com/news/2023/03/0 ... s-00086417

Declaration: https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000186 ... ff6b220000
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Stunned, I am. See my stunned expression? :|
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Yeah, pole axed.

I wouldn’t be all that surprised to learn he’s gotten away with murder somewhere, either.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

One could conclide that the career path for crminals ends up ith getting elected as a Republican.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

orlylicious wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:00 pm New episode of "That Darn Kitara!" :P Kitara 2024!!

George Santos masterminded 2017 ATM fraud, former roommate tells feds
“Santos taught me how to skim card information and how to clone cards,” Gustavo Ribeiro Trelha, who was convicted of felony access device fraud, said Wednesday in a sworn declaration submitted to the FBI.
By JACQUELINE SWEET 03/09/2023 05:49 PM EST

NEW YORK – Rep. George Santos orchestrated a 2017 credit card skimming operation in Seattle, the man who was convicted of the fraud and deported to Brazil said in a sworn declaration submitted to federal authorities Wednesday. “I am coming forward today to declare that the person in charge of the crime of credit card fraud when I was arrested was George Santos / Anthony Devolder,” Gustavo Ribeiro Trelha wrote in the declaration. It was sent by express mail and email to the FBI, the U.S. Secret Service New York office and the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Eastern District of New York, according to a copy of the receipt from the United States Postal Service. Telha decided to contact law enforcement officials after seeing the newly minted congressman on television, he said in the declaration.
More: https://www.politico.com/news/2023/03/0 ... s-00086417

Declaration: https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000186 ... ff6b220000
I wonder if this actually matches up with the bio of Santos. Was he in the Seattle area at the time?

Yeah - they are both Brazilian origins - but one also could think of some well heeled Republican attempting to force dear George off his House seat.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:14 am I wonder if this actually matches up with the bio of Santos. Was he in the Seattle area at the time?

Yeah - they are both Brazilian origins - but one also could think of some well heeled Republican attempting to force dear George off his House seat.
Does it matter? Santos has already been proven himself to be a habitual liar. Who would accept his denial as truth?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:14 am I wonder if this actually matches up with the bio of Santos. Was he in the Seattle area at the time?

If it is then they are spectacularly dumb. People go to jail for lying to the Feds all the time it seems like. Except tfg.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

We already know that George Santos was in Seattle, because he lied, under oath, about being employed at Goldman Sachs.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Thanks for the refesher. yeah - this:
George Santos lied to a judge in 2017 bid to help a ‘family friend’ charged with fraud
POLITICO obtained an audio recording of the proceeding where Santos falsely says he worked for Goldman Sachs.

By JACQUELINE SWEET
02/24/2023 12:56 PM EST

NEW YORK — George Santos lied to a Seattle judge about working for Goldman Sachs while speaking at a 2017 bail hearing for a “family friend” who later pleaded guilty to fraud in an ATM skimming scheme, according to an audio recording of the proceeding and court records.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/02/2 ... d-00084341
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Azastan wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:35 pm We already know that George Santos was in Seattle, because he lied, under oath, about being employed at Goldman Sachs.
That lie was told at a hearing for this guy who has come forward.

Santos was there, to keep this guy quiet. An article about this today had a lot of juicy deets :popcorn: .

Also, this is a story that could probably be tracked down with some bank records and such.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: US Secret Service tells
@ABC
News it is reviewing the sworn statement from alleged ex Santos roommate who accused the Congressman of orchestrating a credit card skimming operation,
@AaronKatersky
reports

USSS provided the following statement:

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

We need to start a pool on how to end this movie.

Because we are one plot twist away from Game of Thrones here.

W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

It's Republicans, so perhaps a Red Wedding?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

More like Scooby-Doo pulling his mask off.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

That Secret Service statement reads almost exactly like a statement from the Imperial Illuminati Air Force. Coincidence??? Ever since Kitara's fake dog rescue and vet ripoff came out, I've been waiting for the 699th to make a move on Kitara. Could they have joined forces with the Secret Service for this mission????

Biscuit 14.JPG
Biscuit 14.JPG (96.27 KiB) Viewed 429 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, we're finally learning some of his real history.

Pay no attention. :fingerwag:

The credit card fraud is NOT where the $700,000.00 came from. :nope:

Keep digging, reporters. :oldman:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

This all goes back to Leiutenant Quarles Harris, of course. He was using stolen passport application information to obtain credit cards, just like Kitara. Working in the State Department, maybe. :liar: Then he discovered that Obama was born in Kenya and Indonesia and Canada and some other places, so John Brennan had him murdered or sumpin'. I forget all the details. He was a great military hero or a small-time drug dealer, one or the other. Wonderful guy.

Princess foofypants gave me a bottle of Quarles Harris Port in October 2010, and I still have not opened it.

The dude's father named him after his favorite wine. 'Course, lots of hippies named their kids Crystal, so that was a thing.

But Kitara ... Obama ... Kenya ... Quarles Harris ... and it all comes down to fake credit cards. With Donald Trump’s face printed on them, no doubt. :lol:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Foggy wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:55 am :snippity:

The dude's father named him after his favorite wine. 'Course, lots of hippies named their kids Crystal, so that was a thing.

:snippity:
Are their middle names "Meth"....? :think:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

:shrug:

In fairness, Señor Harris's dad only partly named him after the wine. The gentleman's first name really was Leiutenant, which is an unfortunate misspelling of the military rank. So I don't know what dad was thinking.

Dad: "I'll name him after my favorite port, alright, that is some tasty grape juice."

Mom: "I am not having my son named after some cheap port wine, dammit! That's got no class!"

Dad: "You want class? Tell you what, we'll give him a first name with a military rank, the Lt. in my outfit was a decent guy. Yeah, now how do you spell lieutenant? Lemme see ... L ... E ... I ... O ... no, that ain't right. Let's ask the nurse."
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Foggy wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:55 am . P Ll

Princess foofypants gave me a bottle of Quarles Harris Port in October 2010, and I still have not opened it.

:snippity:
I'm thinking you got some decisions to make here.

I don't know anything about Quarles Harris Port except that it ain't a deros belly warmer.

It could be a 'Declared Vintage', which only happens occaisionally and is the top of the range. Standard practice is age them 30 or 40 years before opening, and be sure you have plenty of people around to share, because they should be finished in one sitting. They dont keep well after opening. A declared vintage is a formal declaration to the organisation that registers such things, it will clearly state the vintage year, because the grapes are all from the same vintage.

It could be a Quinta which is great, but just not up what the winemaker feels is the standard for a declared vintage. Age it for awhile, but 30 years is not necessary. The word Quinta will be on the label, but the year will only be there if all grapes are from the same vintage. Quinta' may be blended across vintages.

It could be a Tawney port. Tawney's are aged in casks before bottling. They could be vintage or nonvintage. If they are vintage they will probably say so with a statement that they are "late bottled". Because tawneys are barrel aged they ready to drink when bottled and do not benefit from further aging. Also you don't have to finish the bottle in one sitting,

I have a bottle of Portuguese Port, late bottled, 1920 vintage. I'm not game to drink it, I'm looking for a charity auction for it. I have researched it, it was bottled in 1978, so it spent 58 years in barrel. I don't know how it was handled before I found it in a deceased estate but it should be a nice unusual item for a wine auction.

But I understand you don't drink much, so if you send me youe email address i'll send you my shipping address....
Has everybody heard about the bird?

Return to “Current Politics”