Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

George Santos (R-NY) and his imaginative (but dishonest) résumé

Post by bill_g »

somerset wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:30 pm
bill_g wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:17 pm
somerset wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:42 pm
Groupo Bimbo is a Mexico based multi-nationial company with over $15 billion in annual sales, 137,000 employees and a presence in 33+ countries around the world.

https://www.grupobimbo.com/en
Bimbo is a multi-national company ... now ... but back when George ran it, it was just in Brooklyn. And Portland.
Got it :biggrin:
I knew you would. (wink)
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:doh: :cantlook:
Santos, already raising funds for 2024, is asked by FEC to clarify if he's running for reelection

SOO RIN KIM
Fri, February 10, 2023 at 3:53 AM GMT+1

The Federal Election Commission is asking embattled Rep. George Santos, R-N.Y., to clarify by March 14 if he's running again in 2024, according to a letter sent by the agency.

The letter, sent to Santos on Tuesday, noted that his primary campaign committee, Devolder-Santos for Congress, reported raising and spending funds for the 2024 election, triggering a requirement for officially declaring a reelection campaign.

The letter comes after the Santos campaign, which lost its longtime treasurer last month amid questions regarding the source and use of his campaign funds, reported in its latest disclosure filing more than a dozen contributions amounting to $28,000 and expenditures amounting to $43,000 that are dated after the November election day and attributed to the 2024 primary and general election.

"You must either disavow these activities by notifying the Commission in writing that you are not a candidate, or redesignate your principal campaign committee by filing a Statement of Candidacy," the FEC wrote in the letter.

A spokesperson for Santos' congressional office declined to comment when reached by ABC News. Asked last month if he was planning to run for reelection, Santos said, "That's too early. I told you, I just got here."

Under federal election law, candidates must file a statement of candidacy to the FEC if they raise or spend more than $5,000 for an election.

It's not uncommon for newly elected officials to raise more than the $5,000 threshold immediately after a successful contest -- usually to pay off debts from the previous election cycle or to build a war chest for their reelection campaign.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/santos-alread ... 00546.html
(original: Good Morning America)
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Run, Kitara, Run! Run, Orly, Run*! :P

Here's the letter from the FEC: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... rge-santos

* Has anybody asked Taitz if she's taking a run at Feinstein's seat? Her Twitter bio still lists the link orlytaitzforussenate2012.com (which now goes to a "sample page" of a "My Website" product.) :( Come on Orly, bring back the GLORY DAYS! You and Kitara could do a national grifting tour like MQG & Matty Gaetz to kick things off... it would be a PR GOLDMINE! Hope you're still reading here!

OT Twit Senate Link.JPG
OT Twit Senate Link.JPG (51.27 KiB) Viewed 1014 times

And wow, is on page 4 of Google Search results for Orly Taitz. Even her dental site, DrTaitz.com, is above it, on page 3. How could that be with all the fascinating information she regurgitates in her stye? :(
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

So you're hinting that Orly Taitz could finance Santos's next campaign? :think:

Whatever. :daydreaming:

Let's focus on the future here.

I have known worse liars than George Anthony Kitara Ravache Devolder Santos in my personal life. I've known several, in fact. They will steal your wallet and help you look for it. He's nothing special except for the fact that somebody gave him $700,000 to run for Congress.

And that's the only thing that makes him unique.

So we have to find out where that money came from. :oldman:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

How do you know it wasn't Orly Taitz who gave Kitara the $700K? There's always been speculation she's either Israeli or Russian Intelligence. [sic :lol: Stern always said she was too stupid for an Intelligence service to want her but maybe that was the whole plan. ;) ] Maybe under her cover name, Lena got the cash and secretly gave it to Kitara.

Want proof of their connection? Kitara was talkin' BIRTHER! And what's a group of criminal losers without Brandon Straka?
andrew kaczynski @KFILE
Video from our report of Santos questioning Obama's birth certificate in a since-deleted video the from the group he founded called "United for Trump." Santos promised the group would need $3000 to form an LLC and hire a lawyer - we found no evidence of either.
George Santos doubts Obama's birth certificate in video found by CNN

Rep. George Santos (R-NY), whose own background is a mystery lost in a cascade of falsehoods, previously espoused "birther" conspiracy theories about Barack Obama's origins while promoting Donald Trump's 2020 campaign.

The embattled New York Republican, who has admitted fabricating key elements of his biography, shared his theories on Obama's birth certificate in a newly revealed video, reported CNN.

“I’ve been on the Trump train, far before Trump was ever president, far before he announced, we’re talking 'Apprentice' days,” Santos said, referring to Trump’s reality show. “The ‘you’re fired’ slogan to the birth certificate – release of Obama’s, you know, shady birth certificate, so on and so forth.”

Santos, who was introduced in the video as "George Anthony," claimed he was brought on board as an administrator for the "United for Trump 2020" group after turning up at campaign rallies holding "Gays for Trump" signs and ingratiating himself with Republican politicos in Queens.

The video said he then got involved in the "Walk Away" movement, founded by self-described former liberal Brandon Straka and aimed at getting Democrats to leave the party. Straka was sentenced last year to three months of home detention, a $5,000 fine and three years of probation after pleading guilty to his role in the Jan. 6 insurrection and agreeing to cooperate with the FBI investigation.

“We’re gonna have Brandon Straka in the house,” Santos said in a video before one event. “Hashtag walk away. Yeah, you heard me, walk away.”
https://www.rawstory.com/george-santos-2659364486/

So there. Prove me wrong! :lol:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

orlylicious wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:00 pm How do you know it wasn't Orly Taitz who gave Kitara the $700K? There's always been speculation she's either Israeli or Russian Intelligence. [sic :lol: Stern always said she was too stupid for an Intelligence service to want her but maybe that was the whole plan. ;) ] Maybe under her cover name, Lena got the cash and secretly gave it to Kitara.

Want proof of their connection? Kitara was talkin' BIRTHER! And what's a group of criminal losers without Brandon Straka?
Oh, good grief. Not only have you outed George Kitara as a BIRTHER, but you reminded us of that Brandon Straka character. :lol: Two homocon gays that need to go away.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:confuzzled:
'Sleazy but not criminal': Some George Santos fabrications likely protected by the First Amendment
Republican congressman George Santos is under fire for falsehoods. What has he lied about?Scroll back up to restore default view.

John Fritze, USA TODAY
Sat, February 11, 2023 at 12:38 PM GMT+1

WASHINGTON – New York Rep. George Santos faces a series of investigations and growing hostility from Republicans for lying about his background while running for office. But legal experts say the fabrications, on their own, are likely protected by the First Amendment – along with other speech many Americans may find objectionable.

Santos acknowledged lying about his education and his career. "He is a sick puppy," Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah, said this week after confronting Santos on the House floor before President Joe Biden's State of the Union address.

The Long Island congressman told USA TODAY this week that he will not resign, despite calls for his removal. "It's their prerogative," Santos said of a resolution introduced by House Democrats to expel him from Congress. "They can do whatever they want."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sleazy-not-c ... 09930.html
(original: USA TODAY)
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Attorney who helped Santos fight bad check charges now thinks he wasn't innocent
Attorney who helped Santos fight bad check charges now thinks he wasn't innocent

WILL STEAKIN, AARON KATERSKY and LALEE IBSSA
Sat, February 11, 2023 at 2:29 AM GMT+1

An attorney friend of Rep. George Santos who helped him fight charges that he wrote several bad checks in 2017 now says she no longer believes the embattled New York congressman's claim that he was innocent.

Santos was charged with theft after multiple bad checks to dog breeders in Pennsylvania were written in his name, according to attorney Tiffany Bogosian, who said she helped Santos with the case in 2020.

Santos claimed the nine checks, which together amounted to over $15,000, came from a checkbook of his that had been stolen, according to documents Bogosian provided to ABC News. Copies of the checks showed the word "puppies" written in the memo field.

MORE: Santos, already raising funds for 2024, is asked by FEC to clarify if he's running for reelection

Bogosian, a New York personal injury lawyer who told ABC News she first met Santos in middle school, said she briefly helped Santos with the case after authorities served him an extradition warrant in February 2020. Bogosian said she only helped Santos informally, since she could not represent him in Pennsylvania.

In response to the warrant, Bogosian informed a Pennsylvania state trooper of Santos' claim that a checkbook of his had gone missing, according to emails Bogosian provided to ABC News.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/attorney-help ... 15590.html
(original: ABC News)
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

I don't admire George Santos one iota but I confess I would love to be able to summon up that level of chutzpah in tricky situations.

I guess it's the mirror image of impostor syndrome.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:02 am

:snippity:

Bogosian, a New York personal injury lawyer who told ABC News she first met Santos in middle school, said she briefly helped Santos with the case after authorities served him an extradition warrant in February 2020. Bogosian said she only helped Santos informally, since she could not represent him in Pennsylvania.
It's a great story, but Bogosian shouldn't be the one to tell it. Whatever she means by "helped Santos informally,"* ethical duties likely attached. She shouldn't be bad-mouthing her client on the subject of her work for him.

_________
* Issues that come up when a client has out-of-state legal issues are complex, fraught, and frequently stupid.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

George Santos' work for firm accused of Ponzi scheme drew SEC scrutiny

Caitlin Huey-Burns
Thu, February 9, 2023 at 1:44 PM GMT+1

Embattled GOP Rep. George Santos' work for a company that allegedly orchestrated a Ponzi scheme attracted scrutiny from federal regulators, according to a witness who has fielded questions from investigators.

The freshman New York lawmaker, whose litany of false and misleading claims about his past has left him with few allies, even among his fellow Republicans, previously worked for an investment firm known as the Harbor City Capital Corporation. The company was shut down by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), which in 2021 called it a "classic Ponzi scheme."

Santos has said he wasn't aware of any wrongdoing at Harbor City, where he began working in 2020. He was not named in the SEC's complaint against the firm, but a childhood friend said federal investigators called her after she spoke publicly about witnessing Santos' investment pitch.

In an interview for the CBS Reports documentary "Campaign of Deceit," Tiffany Bogosian described how she bumped into Santos, her old junior high classmate, at a Starbucks in 2020. As they caught up, she mentioned that she'd become an attorney and had recently helped a client reach a $2 million settlement.

Santos, then a regional director for Harbor City, promptly invited her and her client to dinner, Bogosian said in "Campaign of Deceit," which was released Thursday. She said when they arrived for the meal at Il Bacco, an Italian restaurant in Queens, she was brought into a "huge room" with "one table in the middle."

"He asked for a $300,000 principal investment, and he essentially said the client was not allowed to know what it was being invested in at all," Bogosian said, adding that she didn't like the sound of it. Bogosian's client turned Santos down.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/george-santo ... 00424.html
(original; CBS News)
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

So... another day another Kitara Santos scandal.

I've never misplaced $365k. Just sayin'.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Was his whole campaign a money laundering operation?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

If he's laundering it, he's using too much bleach. All the money just dissolves.

Or does it?

Hmmm ...
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:49 pm Was his whole campaign a money laundering operation?
sure feels like it
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

then there is this: https://gothamist.com/news/george-santo ... rain-tumor
In a March 2020 video episode of the Empire State Conservatives Podcast — which has since been made private on YouTube — Santos tells the hosts that he “battled a brain tumor a couple of years ago.”

“I had radiation done, which really, really lowers your immunity in general,” Santos said, recounting his experience with COVID-19 in the early days of the pandemic.

Santos’ campaign did not respond to questions about when he was diagnosed, what treatment he received and where. Efforts to reach Santos directly were unsuccessful.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:35 pm
I heard that it is buried under a big w in Santa Rosita. Rumor has it that there are about six people doing all sort of crazy things to arrive first and claim the loot as theirs.

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Off Topic
(I love that movie!! They planted the palm trees to make the W for the movie. I was saddened to find out they died not too long after that and had to be cut down.)
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:41 pm
Off Topic
(I love that movie!! They planted the palm trees to make the W for the movie. I was saddened to find out they died not too long after that and had to be cut down.)
Off Topic
Fond, fond memories. Used to watch with my dad every time it was on as a young boy. Great great great great movie!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Hubby and I LOVE that movie and quote from it frequently. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Even if he survives to next year, he will get destroyed in his primary. The only question now is how many of his GOP colleagues is he going to take down with him on his way out. Every Democrat running should be waiting for that pic of their opponent with a smiling George Santos.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

neonzx wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:42 pm So... another day another Kitara Santos scandal.

I've never misplaced $365k. Just sayin'.
I did once, but we found it under the couch in the family room.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:37 pm Hubby and I LOVE that movie and quote from it frequently. :biggrin:
Saw it at release on a BIG Cinema screen.

Return to “Current Politics”