Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

George Santos (R-NY) and his imaginative (but dishonest) résumé

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

noblepa wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:10 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:48 pm https://youtu.be/AY1fplZZl0Y
Interesting, but I think that, politically, the measure is DOA.

Legally, it may well fall afoul of the Constitution. Courts (including SCOTUS, I believe) have ruled that term limits for Senators or House members are unconsitutional, because they impose new eligibility requirements for the offices, which are not in the Constitution. The states are not allowed to add or subtract from the requirements set forth in the document.

I think it could be argued that requiring a background check, and that a candidate be free of foreign (or even domestic) warrants would be a new eligibility requirement.
Could it be introduced as a ballot requirement? As in, maybe we can't prevent you from being elected, but we can prevent you from appearing on our state's ballot?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:34 pm Could it be introduced as a ballot requirement? As in, maybe we can't prevent you from being elected, but we can prevent you from appearing on our state's ballot?
Signs point to no: CNN (in 2019): California Supreme Court says law requiring presidential candidates to turn over tax returns is invalid:
Chief Justice Tani Gorre Cantil-Sakauye wrote in the opinion that the law “is in conflict with the Constitution’s specification of an inclusive open presidential primary ballot.”

“The Legislature may well be correct that a presidential candidate’s income tax returns could provide California voters with important information,” Cantil-Sakauye wrote. But, she argues, the state Constitution says that “ultimately, it is the voters who must decide whether the refusal of a ‘recognized candidate throughout the nation or throughout California for the office of President of the United States’ to make such information available to the public will have consequences at the ballot box.”
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Dude thinks Dunkin Donuts and Chik-Fil-A is going to make the press go easy on him.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I remember when George Anthony Kitara Devolder Dos Santos Ravache Zabrovsky founded Chick-fil-A.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... treasurer/
George Santos’ New Treasurer Wants You to Know He’s Not George Santos’ Treasurer
“We informed the Santos campaign on Monday that Mr. Datwyler would not be interested in serving as their treasurer.”

Noah Lanard 25 Jan 2023

On Wednesday afternoon, more than a half-dozen campaign committees affiliated with George Santos filed paperwork with the Federal Elections Commission stating that Thomas Datwyler, a campaign finance consultant, had taken over as the committees’ treasurer. It meant that Datwyler was replacing Nancy Marks, the Santos campaign treasurer who may be key to unraveling the source of the mysterious $705,000 Santos loaned himself during last year’s campaign.

There was only one problem: Datwyler had not agreed to serve as treasurer. In fact, he had told the Santos campaign on Monday that he did not want the job. As Datwyler’s attorney, Derek Ross, told me over the phone, “We informed the Santos campaign on Monday that Mr. Datwyler would not be interested in serving as their treasurer. So it appears that there was some miscommunication between that conversation and today’s filings.”
---
Mother Jones emailed Santos’ congressional office at 3:20 on Wednesday afternoon to ask it to clarify the Datwyler mix up. It has not yet responded.

At 3:46, someone submitted yet another FEC filing, this one covering the Devolder-Santos for Congress committee, Santos’ main campaign operation. Like the others, it states that Datwyler is now its treasurer. Datwyler did not agree to that, either.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:43 pm
Dude thinks Dunkin Donuts and Chik-Fil-A is going to make the press go easy on him.
Root Beer and Biscuit have both announced they will not accept Donuts from George Anthony Devolder Kitara Ravache Jingleheimer Schmidt Santos, citing conflicts of interest.

No word on Chic Fil A which they don't eat anyhow because "bigots".

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

p0rtia wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:24 pm https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... treasurer/
George Santos’ New Treasurer Wants You to Know He’s Not George Santos’ Treasurer
“We informed the Santos campaign on Monday that Mr. Datwyler would not be interested in serving as their treasurer.”

:snippity:
Par for the course with this guy, impressive that he filed it with the FEC.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:44 pm
p0rtia wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:24 pm https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... treasurer/

I saw someone somewhere post that if the money didn't come from his personal funds he was admitting to a felony. I have no ide what law, but it does seem plausible to me.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:49 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:44 pm

I saw someone somewhere post that if the money didn't come from his personal funds he was admitting to a felony. I have no ide what law, but it does seem plausible to me.
it came from Kitara Reveche
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

What George Santos Was Really Like as a Roommate

https://www.curbed.com/2023/01/george-s ... tmare.html

Enduring a bad roommate is as essential a New York experience as a Yankees game. Everyone has a horror story, often a few of them. But imagine your bad roommate turned out to be about a grifter of historic proportions who rose to power while reportedly lying about nearly every aspect of his biography as well as allegedly stealing from a homeless veteran’s dying dog. This is the turn of events in which Yasser Rabello, a pharmacist living in Florida, finds himself after living for a few months in 2013 and 2014 with George Santos (who went by Anthony Devolder at the time) — as well as Santos’s sister, Tiffany, and mom, Fatima — in a Queens two-bedroom. During his stay, he would lose an Armani shirt and an Ikea dresser. Now he’s glad it wasn’t more.
They ultimately gave me Anthony’s bedroom, and Anthony slept in the living room. There wasn’t even a sheet on the couch; he slept on it with no cover. He was home all day on his computer, just browsing the web, probably chatting with people.

He said he was a reporter at Globo in Brazil. Then he told me he was a model and that he worked at New York Fashion Week and that he met all the Victoria’s Secret models and would be in Vogue magazine.

It was only the four of us in the beginning. And then Greg moved in January, sleeping on a mattress in the living room. They didn’t even tell me. Then Anthony’s boyfriend moved in, too, and stayed on another mattress. :snippity:
Click the link above to read the full interview. :popcorn:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I agree with Stewart. I have alarm bells going off and sirens blaring about Santos in my brain. He’s connected to Vekselberg, in fact I would bet that’s where some of his money came from. He’s not an innocent schmoe donut guy. The press can’t be bothered to follow up the Vekselberg lead? Last I heard anything about it was over a week ago.

He scares me. I think he’s a psychopath.
Lani

Post by Lani »

neonzx wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:46 pm What George Santos Was Really Like as a Roommate

https://www.curbed.com/2023/01/george-s ... tmare.html

:roll: :| Like mother, like son. The GOP must be very proud.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:04 am I agree with Stewart. I have alarm bells going off and sirens blaring about Santos in my brain. He’s connected to Vekselberg, in fact I would bet that’s where some of his money came from. He’s not an innocent schmoe donut guy. The press can’t be bothered to follow up the Vekselberg lead? Last I heard anything about it was over a week ago.

He scares me. I think he’s a psychopath.
While I agree that he may have had some real dark sources I will take the press time to uncover the money trail if possible without another Caribean money laundering leak. Personally I believe this simple mind tried to claw back those $700K from the campaign coffers without ever having contributed the money (possibility mentioned further up thread). Let the auditors show the bank transfers into the campaign. The most recent FEC "corrected" filings have already halved his contribution. Let the IRS investigate his recent tax declarations, with members of Congress they have less inhibition than to take on a impotus.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, we know that:

1. He lies about absolutely everything, but he gets caught a lot, so

2. He's too terrified to tell a detailed story about the money, because it would unravel instantly, but

3. We know already that part of it is Russian mob money, and

4. That's the only part of the money that comes with any explanation at all, in other words there's no legitimate source for any of it, which means

5. The chances are better than 95% that it's ALL RUSSIAN MOB MONEY. Vekselberg spent 3/4 of a million and bought a Congressman. And until all the details come out, he better stay bought, because the Russian mob doesn't play pattycake.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

"Let's see his pee pee tapes" :twisted:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:34 pm
noblepa wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:10 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:48 pm https://youtu.be/AY1fplZZl0Y
Legally, it may well fall afoul of the Constitution. Courts (including SCOTUS, I believe) have ruled that term limits for Senators or House members are unconsitutional, because they impose new eligibility requirements for the offices, which are not in the Constitution. The states are not allowed to add or subtract from the requirements set forth in the document.
Could it be introduced as a ballot requirement? As in, maybe we can't prevent you from being elected, but we can prevent you from appearing on our state's ballot?
What about to appear as a particular *party's* candidate? I mean, that'd require the party going along with that, of course.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Top of the hour on CNN's OutFront. Erin Burnett says she'll have an ex-boyfriend of Santos on her show. Today :popcorn:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

George Santos leading chants of “Let’s go Brandon” at a Republican meeting in 2021.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

George Santos, who has admitted to lying about his past, wouldn’t explain why his campaign listed a treasurer who wasn’t his on his forms

“You’re lying to the American people,” he said as his aide stepped in
So I asked him why he said he went to Baruch and was a volleyball star
I suspect the reporters will not tire of this story anytime soon.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

#BiscuitForRNCChair wisely has a "NO DONUTS from George Santos" platform. Biscuit is too smart for the GOP. :lovestruck:

Biscuit Bed 50.jpg
Biscuit Bed 50.jpg (70.68 KiB) Viewed 384 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://patch.com/new-york/glencove/geo ... itler-jews
QUEENS, NY — Years ago, embattled Long Island Rep. George Santos commented on a Facebook post with what appear to be intended-jokes about Hitler, a phrase that appears to salute Hitler and observations about "the Jews and black(s)," exclusive screenshots obtained by Patch show.

Santos, under fire from Nassau County Republicans and Jewish Republican groups for exploiting claimed Jewish heritage, including a story of grandparents he said fled the Holocaust, has a history of questionable and racially-charged social media posting and comments, former friends of the congressman told Patch. Patch's review of Santos' deleted Instagram and Facebook posts and comments and GoFundMe campaigns reveal a shifting and complicated relationship to racial and ethnic identity.

Earlier this month, Nassau County Republican leaders called for Santos to resign, citing his lies about his resume and background as a descendant of Jewish Holocaust survivors. Santos described himself as Jewish several times during his campaign for the 3rd Congressional District seat, but researchers at multiple news outlets failed to discover any evidence of Jewish heritage, and reported that his grandparents were born in Brazil, and did not flee persecution in Europe, as Santos claimed.

In March 2011, Santos commented on a photo shared by a Facebook friend which shows someone making what appears to be a military salute with the caption “something like Hitler.” In his comment, Santos writes [sic]:

"hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh
hiiiiiiiiiiiitlerrrrrrrrrrr (hight hitler)
lolololololololololololol sombody kill her!! the jews and black mostly lolllolol!!! Dum"
raison de arizona

https://twitter.com/RobbieSherwood/stat ... 8171715584
Robbie Sherwood @RobbieSherwood wrote: Yes, George Santos made antisemitic remarks praising Hitler while pretending to be Jewish, but on the other hand he invented the air fryer and Spanx so…
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Dude really is the gift that keeps on giving.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

What a disgrace that this fraud is standing in Congress speaking about the Holocaust after getting elected by trying to make a mockery of it with his lies and deceit. The Republican Party owns this. Every single day he is there.

Return to “Current Politics”