Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

George Santos (R-NY) and his imaginative (but dishonest) résumé

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Danraft wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:42 pm Santos needs psychiatric care.
I don’t think either psychiatry or psychology has an effective way to deal with personality disorders.
much ado

Post by much ado »

Danraft wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:27 am Who said they wanted video of Santos’ Drag Queen days?
https://nypost.com/2023/01/19/george-sa ... s-in-2005/
:callonme:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Danraft wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:42 pm Santos needs psychiatric care.
As to calling him “bulletproof”, the only meaning I can get out of that is that this was known and used by Republicans to control him.

At least that’s how the Bannon/Trump team viewed politics.
Can he have even more skeletons?
Hes a pathological Liar. people like that lie even when they font have to. He has probably spun a ton of lies to everyone he has ever known. They lie even when they have been found out.
chancery wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:02 pm Why did Twitter cancel the account? I mean, simply being a lying right-winger doesn't, in general, seem to be enough under Musk.
Honestly> I would even suggest that was never his account. He might have just put out an account that was never there just to fool the libs because of the snigger value. That's what Pathological liars do.

I never saw that he had a "personal" account before the second I saw that notice, so I'm just going to suggest it was never there i the first place. I'm not as easily fooled I guess
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/georg ... fa1be9cb51

Colbert is on it. Can't wait for SNL.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Yeah, let's go to the video tape...

Fox News' vile Gutfield on "New York's favorite scallywag", of course, it's all just fine with them.

This is reporter catnip. Long story about Wikipedia and Anthony:
George Santos appears to admit drag queen past in Wiki post
A user with the name Anthony Devolder wrote in 2011 that they won several drag pageants. Anthony Devolder is a Santos alias.
By CHRISTOPHER CADELAGO 01/20/2023 02:54 PM EST

Embattled Rep. George Santos has claimed that reports and videos documenting him performing in drag are both “outrageous” and “categorically false.” But nearly a dozen years ago, Santos himself appears to have confirmed that he participated in drag shows while he was a teenager living in Brazil. A Wikipedia page accessed by POLITICO shows a user named Anthony Devolder — a Santos alias — writing that he “startted [sp] his ‘stage’ life at age 17 as an gay night club [sp] DRAG QUEEN and with that won sevral [sp] GAY ‘BEAUTY PAGENTS [sp].’”

The Wiki biography was last edited on April 29, 2011. It contains basic information that matches up with the newly sworn-in congressman, including Devolder being born on July 22, 1988, to a Brazilian family with a European background.

The Wiki bio for Anthony Devolder, which is full of spelling and grammatical errors, appears to contain fantastical descriptions of his supposed career in show business. | Wikipedia

Santos has used the name Anthony Devolder elsewhere for online accounts.
Lots more: https://www.politico.com/news/2023/01/2 ... t-00078812
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

GOP must be so proud that the first drag queen elected to Congress is one of their own.

Stolen from a Balloon Juice commenter: drag names for Santos Miss Representation and Liza Lott.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

SuzieC wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:06 pm GOP must be so proud that the first drag queen elected to Congress is one of their own.

Stolen from a Balloon Juice commenter: drag names for Santos Miss Representation and Liza Lott.
:lol: I agree it's a hoot that the first Congressional drag queen is a Republican. They are such hypocrites. My question, is why aren't they accusing him of being a groomer and pedophile? Seems a little weird for them.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Because Kevin McCarthy desperately needs him.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

SuzieC wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:30 pm Because Kevin McCarthy desperately needs him.
Yep, if they had more margin, they'd turn on him. But they don't, and IIRC he voted for McCarthy.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

George Santos’ congressional account (
@RepSantosNY03
) has been suspended by Twitter and brought back online three times today, per spox.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Drag Queen Storytime
with
K it ar a R av ac h e
at the
Library of Congress
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Wikipedia user anthonydevolder (aka George Santos) was created April 29, 2011. It was last edited 12 years ago.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Anthonydevolder
Can't access the Wiki page now.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Kitara Ravache aka Anthony Devolder aka George Santos aka George Anthony Devolder Santos? More video:

George Teeth.JPG
George Teeth.JPG (57.01 KiB) Viewed 586 times

Bishop Talbert Swan @TalbertSwan 13h
Replying to @Santos4Congress
Right, just because the drag queen Kitara looks exactly like you doesn’t mean it’s you.

You would think that after you discovered electricity, invented the automobile, created the Internet, and became the all-time NBA scoring champ, people would stop doubting you.

William LeGate @williamlegate 3h
Making fun of George Santos because he’s a drag queen who is a representative for the party that wants to ***imprison drag queens simply for existing***

Quote Tweet
Jorb Empress Skarlett @empressjs2003 3h
I hope we're making fun of him because he's a hypocrite and not because he was a drag queen twitter.com/williamlegate/…

Should have run as a Democrat, Kitara.
Jamie Raskin @jamie_raskin 14m
The GOP consorts with pathological liars, antisemites, Holocaust deniers, Proud Boys, Putin, Orban, child molesters, and election deniers, but the news that George Santos performed as a drag queen will quickly make him a pariah in the party that pickets drag shows.

Quote Tweet
POLITICO @politico 4h
George Santos has claimed that reports of him performing in drag are “categorically false.”

But in a 2011 Wiki post under an alias name, he appears to have confirmed that he participated in drag shows as a teen and claimed to win several pageants. https://politico.com/news/2023/01/20/ge ... t-00078812

George Takei @GeorgeTakei Jan 11
Overheard: If George Santos were a drag queen, he would be Miss Representative.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Honestly, I really could not care less. The guy being a pathological liar is more concerning, and the GOP being saying one thing and doing another is old news to me. But sex sells I suppose.

If the Dems are clever they will use this to start talking about GOP hypocrisy in general, and then how the GOP says they are fiscally competent but actually spend like sailors while cutting income. But Dems won't. It will be "giggle drag queen" till everyone is sick of hearing about it, which won't be long.
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Scientists Welcome 'Astronaut,' 'Nobel Winner' George Santos To House Science Committee

Chris D'Angelo
Fri, January 20, 2023 at 8:14 PM GMT+1

Rep. Bill Foster (D-Ill.), a former physicist, is relieved that another “scientific” mind — namely, serial liar Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.) — has joined the U.S. House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology.

“As the only recipient of the Wilson Prize for High-Energy Particle Accelerator Physics serving in Congress, it can get lonely. Not anymore!” Foster tweeted Thursday, before roasting his new committee colleague.

“I’m thrilled to be joined on the Science Committee by my Republican colleague Dr. George Santos, winner of not only the Nobel Prize, but also the Fields Medal ― the top prize in Mathematics ― for his groundbreaking work with imaginary numbers,” Foster wrote.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/scientists-w ... 04093.html
(original: HuffPost)
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

Wasn’t he elected to represent Queens?

I’ll see myself out…
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Danraft wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:57 pm Wasn’t he elected to represent Queens?

I’ll see myself out…
:groupdance: :groupdance: :mbounce: :mbounce: :cheer2: :cheer2:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

chancery wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:02 pm Why did Twitter cancel the account? I mean, simply being a lying right-winger doesn't, in general, seem to be enough under Musk.
He's making the other lying right wingers look bad.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Born into a Brazilian family of European background ...
Meaning: White race.

I do a bit of capoeira, the Brazilian dance-based martial art that was developed by the Brazilian families of non-European background, or as the woke liberals would call them, black slaves. For a really entertaining read that will teach you everything you need to know about capoeira, try Carioca Fletch, by a great author, Gregory McDonald.

Anyway, when your Wikipedia biography begins by distinguishing you from half the population of your country, based on race ...

I don't think I have a Wikipedia biography, but if I did, it wouldn't start out "Born into a WASP family of northeastern Pennsylvania Republicans ..." :biggrin:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

George Takei @GeorgeTakei Jan 11
Overheard: If George Santos were a drag queen, he would be Miss Representative.
I once went on a date with MisAdventure.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

"If you are from New York, you know what they did to me, they did to me what they did to Donald J Trump. They stole my election!" George Santos speaking the day before #J6 at the Stop The Steal Rally in Washington DC (January 5 2021)
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:eek: you mean to say, two years later you have been much bestest and got to D.C. where the former guy is still frothing about his loss :?:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

George Santos (
@realjonlovitz
) responds to the media frenzy surrounding his fabricated resume. #FallonTonight
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I never thought we'd see a politician publicly lie more than tfg.

Fortunately, I was mistaken. :biggrin:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Notice what's missing? A Jacob wohl press conference
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle

Return to “Current Politics”