Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

George Santos (R-NY) and his imaginative (but dishonest) résumé

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

LOVED the Beatles pic with George, Neon, that was hilarious.
Foggy wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:55 pm
neonzx wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:31 pm
Foggy wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:26 pm Besides, I didn't pick the name Kitara Ravache! :lol:
Pfft. You're just jealous because you don't look as good as her in heels.
No one will ever know what I look like in high heels, including me. I have been extremely drunk and extremely high on drugs in my wayward youth, but it never once occurred to me that dressing in women's clothing would be fun. Or interesting, or anything but weird. I don't have any moral qualms, it just wasn't my thing.

And now that you brought it up, screw this dude Ravache/Santos/Devolder/yo mama. Instead, let's have a contest.

I wear size 13 shoes, extra wide.

Post a photo of the lady whose high heels I have to steal, for them to fit me.

She will probably have to be about 6' 3" and a wrestler or weight-lifter or mob enforcer or some other kind of thugette. They gotta be military-grade high heels or I'll break one of them every five klicks, marching in the desert or wherever (I march on the asphalt on the North Raleigh Greenway).

One rule: She must be a genuine female homo sapiens. No robots, no space aliens, no Bigfoots or Yetis or anything like that. No guys in drag, that's how we got into this mess. I'm not against drag queens, but that would be cheating. :fingerwag: Oh, wait, Kitara is all about the cheating.

Anyway, and she has to have big feet. :mrgreen:

But it's okay if she's bigger than me, because she won't be able to run really fast after I steal her shoes, but I can still run, and I won't put on the high heels until I get away.

So you can see this is a serious plan, with all the details worked out.
Foggy, knowing your love for reality teevee, here's one to watch: "He's A Lady". These butch guys had the same problem -- finding high heels that would fit them. Aside story: When in high school, I ended up producing a live stage version of the Rocky Horror Picture Show (long story but it was an amazing show and sold out every performance). My friend the director, in his mid 30's, played Frank and was 6'5" and wore a size 14 EEE show. Turns out there are boutiques in Manhattan for drag queens, we ended up going there to get him a pair or heels. They were amazing with mirror ball tiles on the heels. He beat the hell out of them and by the end they were barely hanging together. So highly recommend you get a second pair as a safety. Back then in the late 70's, there was no online of course, so we had to go to NYC. But now, there's lots of online options. Try this place: https://www.shoecup.com/

He's a Lady is an American reality television series broadcast by the Turner Broadcasting System (TBS). The series premiered on October 19, 2004, while its sixth and final episode aired on November 16, 2004. Filmed in Los Angeles, California, the series depicted eleven straight men in competition for a $250,000 reward over who could most convincingly pass themselves off as a woman. The contestants were required to cross-dress and adopt feminine-personas, which they introduced to their families and friends. Additionally, the contestants competed in weekly challenges that required them to embrace their femininity. The competition culminated in a beauty pageant, which was judged by a celebrity panel including Morgan Fairchild, Debbie Matenopoulos, and John Salley. The series was hosted by American television presenter Tony Frassrand.

He's a Lady was a part of TBS's intent to capitalize on a rising interest in LGBT-themed reality television shows. The series received mixed reviews from critics, who mostly found the series's premise interesting yet its execution dull. The American Family Association, a Christian fundamentalist organization, boycotted the series, in which they urged the sponsors of He's a Lady to pull their advertising and financial support. As a result, the series's principal sponsor S. C. Johnson & Son dropped their sponsorship days before the series premiered. The series premiered to 1.70M viewers, although its ratings fell over time and it was shortly cancelled.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/He%27s_a_Lady

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

FBI reported to be investigating Rep. George Santos’ role in an alleged GoFundMe scheme involving a disabled US Navy veteran’s dying service dog.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/02/0 ... e-00080706
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Volkonski wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:25 pm FBI reported to be investigating Rep. George Santos’ role in an alleged GoFundMe scheme involving a disabled US Navy veteran’s dying service dog.

For a moment, I thought "FBI?? huh" -- but then I guess since the fraud was across state lines...

Kitara, you have been a bad girl. A very bad girl.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Volkonski wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:25 pm FBI reported to be investigating Rep. George Santos’ role in an alleged GoFundMe scheme involving a disabled US Navy veteran’s dying service dog.

Good. That was just cruel.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I doubt he needs corrective lenses. I think he wears those big black honkin' structural steel frames because he thinks they make him look like a intellectual.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:23 pm I doubt he needs corrective lenses. I think he wears those big black honkin' structural steel frames because he thinks they make him look like a intellectual.
Of course they were fake/clear lenses. Just like Clark Kent.

But he is approaching the 40 year milestone not long from now and will need reading specs. Like our tfg who refused to be seen wearing them so everything needed to be in 24-point typeface. And using a fat Sharpie.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

McCarthy says Santos will be removed from office if Ethics panel finds he broke law

BY MYCHAEL SCHNELL -
01/24/23 9:41 PM ET

Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) on Tuesday said Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.) will be removed from office if the House Ethics Committee finds that the embattled congressman broke the law.

The remark is McCarthy’s most extensive comment yet on potential punishments Santos could face amid the mounting controversies and accusations against him.

“If for some way when we go through Ethics and he has broken the law, then we will remove him,” McCarthy told reporters during a press conference just outside his office.

“The American public in his district voted for him. He has a responsibility to uphold what they voted for, to work and have their voice here, but at any time, if it rises to a legal level, we will deal with it then,” he added.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3829 ... broke-law/
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:39 am
McCarthy says Santos will be removed from office if Ethics panel finds he broke law

BY MYCHAEL SCHNELL -

Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) on Tuesday said Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.) will be removed from office if the House Ethics Committee finds that the embattled congressman broke the law.
Yeah. I'm so not holding my breath.

Could the party not have vetted him before this sh*tshow happened? Oh, he listed a (R) next to his name so he was good.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

There's an Ethics Panel still?

I thought McSpineless had to ditch that to get his job.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

BY MYCHAEL SCHNELL -

The ethics committee plans to address the issue at their next scheduled meeting on Feb. 29, 2032.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

noblepa wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:36 am

BY MYCHAEL SCHNELL -

The ethics committee plans to address the issue at their next scheduled meeting on Feb. 29, 2032.
Which means the house will abolish the ethics panel by next week.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Another day, another Santos story. Now he can't speak Portuguese despite being born and raised in Brasil.

George Santos’ Brazil Lawyer Did Time for Gang Execution: Report
https://www.thedailybeast.com/george-sa ... t?ref=home
The lawyer Rep. George Santos (R-NY) chose to defend him in his fraud case in Brazil was convicted and jailed in connection with a gang execution, according to a report. Jonymar Vasconcelos, 47, was sentenced to 18 years in prison in 2007 for his role in the fatal shooting of a mechanic three years earlier, São Paulo’s Folha newspaper reported Wednesday. Vasconcelos, who was reportedly paid for the hit, went with three other men to the home of Aristeu Vieira de Mattos in the early hours of Dec. 3, 2004. Vasconcelos, who was in Brazil’s Navy at the time, remained on a motorcycle while the killing took place, the newspaper reports. In 2009 he was moved to house arrest and began studying law. It’s unclear how Santos found Vasconcelos to defend him in his fraud case—in which it’s alleged the congressman paid for goods with a stolen checkbook in 2008—given that Vasconcelos is reportedly not affiliated with any law firm and does not list contact information online. When approached by Folha, the newspaper says Santos replied that he doesn’t understand Portuguese—despite speaking Portuguese fluently in interviews—and then did not respond to questions sent in English.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I think it's a sign of how bad it's getting, worse on a daily basis, with information about Santos coming out, for McCarthy to talk about the possibility of removing him. He had probably hoped it would gradually fade away.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:31 am
noblepa wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:36 am

BY MYCHAEL SCHNELL -

Which means the house will abolish the ethics panel by next week.
I thought that they already had abolished it, or at least defunded it, so that it is even more toothless than before.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:lol:

CNN's Manu Raju was reporting on air about the Ilhan Omar committee vote and he spots Santos heading to the elevator and peppers him with questions - all ignored.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I've always been more agnostic than anything, but the fact that the Jew-ish Santos can say things like this on the House floor without being struck down makes me lean towards atheism.
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Santos: I rise to congratulate my colleagues on voting to remove representative Omar from the foreign affairs committee. The passage of H.R. 76 sends a strong message that we support Israel and the Jewish community..
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/new-georg ... -questions
The top line seems simple enough: more than $28,000 raised, about $43,000 spent, and $28,000 or so cash on hand. But an autopsy of George Santos’ latest campaign finance filing reveals what experts are calling “a colossal mess” and a “chaotic state of affairs.”

With the near-daily developments in Santos’ ongoing saga of scandals, a routine campaign report covering just one month of activity may not seem noteworthy. But underneath some pretty standard numbers are some truly incredible disclosures.

Mysterious FedEx overnights from Nashville, Tennessee. Lavish meals in Palm Beach and Washington, D.C. Contributions from people tied to his corporate clients (one of them far above the legal limit). A curiously pricey hotel stay in Memphis. And more than $100,000 in debt, now vanished. All provided in a filing from a spanking new treasurer with apparently no federal experience, and who still hasn’t registered with the Federal Election Commission.

The campaign’s year-end report, which was submitted on Tuesday, also bridges a period of cataclysmic change for Santos—from Nov. 29 to Dec. 31, when he fell from triumphant young conservative outsider to disgraced liar, late-night comedy punching bag, and subject of multiple criminal investigations.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:28 pm I've always been more agnostic than anything, but the fact that the Jew-ish Santos can say things like this on the House floor without being struck down makes me lean towards atheism.
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Santos: I rise to congratulate my colleagues on voting to remove representative Omar from the foreign affairs committee. The passage of H.R. 76 sends a strong message that we support Israel and the Jewish community..

You would think he would be keeping his head down by now.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I suspect lots of things are yet to be revealed about Georgie Boy, including who he really works for.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker ... rge-santos
After a little over a week working with embattled Rep. George Santos (R-NY), Derek Myers was informed that he would not be getting a permanent job. During that tense conversation, Santos also offered some parting advice.

“Stop going to Colombia for your diluted Botox,” Santos told Myers.

The exchange was captured on an at times bizarre audio file Myers said he recorded in Santos’ office on Capitol Hill. During the conversation, Santos cited Myers’ recent legal troubles that stemmed from his work as a reporter. For Santos, this was potentially a reason to remove him from the team. Myers was stunned by the hypocrisy. Santos fabricated much of his biography en route to getting elected last year and is currently facing multiple investigations related to his finances.

“I’m thinking to myself, I’m a threat and concern to this institution — George Santos, you’re George Santos!” Myers told TPM.
Meant to show the chaos in Santos' office, but weird.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

He really is a little turd.
https://twitter.com/Santos4Congress/sta ... 5022416902
George Santos @Santos4Congress wrote: Regrettably @RitchieTorres who calls himself pro Israel voted to keep an antisemite in the foreign affairs committee… so much for “supporting” Israel & the Jewish community, I guess it’s all lip service when you come to #NY03 & fundraise from my Jewish constituents.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:55 pm He really is a little turd.
https://twitter.com/Santos4Congress/sta ... 5022416902
George Santos @Santos4Congress wrote: Regrettably @RitchieTorres who calls himself pro Israel voted to keep an antisemite in the foreign affairs committee… so much for “supporting” Israel & the Jewish community, I guess it’s all lip service when you come to #NY03 & fundraise from my Jewish constituents.
I'm getting tired of using the word 'antisemite' to describe people of middle eastern extraction who object to Israeli policies.

Its just stupid. Arabs are semites, how could they be anti-themselves?
Semite, name given in the 19th century to a member of any people who speak one of the Semitic languages, a family of languages spoken primarily in parts of western Asia and Africa. The term therefore came to include Arabs, Akkadians, Canaanites, Hebrews, some Ethiopians (including the Amhara and the Tigrayans), and Aramaean tribes.
Now Ilan Omar parents were Somali and Somali is not a semitic language, apparently. However, there are other semites in Somalia, and I can not find a reference to Omar's parents native tongue.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Off Topic
I was amused to recently learn that the word "Caucasian" actually refers to the Caucasus region, which is basically Eastern Turkey up to the Russian Border, between 2 seas. This includes a wide variety of people including, some Semitic.
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “Current Politics”