Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

George Santos (R-NY) and his imaginative (but dishonest) résumé

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

And then there was video of him in drag
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

Omg… a Brazilian that can’t dance! Now he’s lost MY vote.
Sigh…
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Colbert uses Harvey Guillen (Guillermo from What We Do In The Shadows) and he nails it. Looks just like him, plus has top-notch comedy timing. I adore him in his role as familiar to the vampires of Staten Island.
► Show Spoiler
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:22 pm https://twitter.com/RitchieTorres/statu ... 7694973958
Ritchie Torres @RitchieTorres

NEW: George Santos claimed to have been a victim of an 'assassination attempt’ and had his shoes stolen off his feet in the middle of Fifth Avenue.

Santos belongs in the Guinness World Records for being the most shameless and endless liar in modern politics.
5:34 PM · Jan 24, 2023
Dang - he could have been shot by the former guy on 5th Street and nobody would have cared :blackeye: :twisted:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

George Santos Admits 500K Personal Loan to Campaign Wasn’t ‘Personal’

https://www.thedailybeast.com/george-sa ... etter%20PM
George Santos promised reporters a surprise on Tuesday. When he brought coffee and donuts for the journalists staking out his office, it was a letdown. But Santos apparently had another surprise.

Late Tuesday afternoon, Santos’ political operation filed a flurry of amended campaign finance reports, telling the feds, among other things, that a $500,000 loan he gave to his campaign didn’t, in fact, come from his personal funds as he’d previously claimed.

However, while the newly amended filing told us where the funds did not come from, it also raised a new question—where did the money come from?

While both the old and new campaign filings claim that the loans came “from the candidate,” the campaign’s most recent amended filing had ticked the box for “personal funds of the candidate”; on the newly amended filing today, that box is unchecked.

Another amended filing on Tuesday disclosed that a $125,000 “loan from the candidate” in late October also did not come from his “personal funds,” but like the $500,000 question, did not say where the money came from, when the loan was due, or what entity, if any, backed the money.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I'm telling you, the $750k never existed. He thought he could write down that the campaign owed him money and then donors money to his campaign could go straight to his pocket. He's not smart enough to know that anyone would check, and I'm not sure he thought he was actually going to win and bring so much attention on himself.

But the $750K, that was just another grift.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Per my teammate
@cbszak
- Rep George Santos (R-NY) was asked why he’s not attending tonight’s White House event for new Members of Congress.

Santos responded: “I just didn't have the time. It was on my schedule.”
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Gregg wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:57 pm I'm telling you, the $750k never existed. He thought he could write down that the campaign owed him money and then donors money to his campaign could go straight to his pocket. He's not smart enough to know that anyone would check, and I'm not sure he thought he was actually going to win and bring so much attention on himself.

But the $750K, that was just another grift.
What you hypothesize sounds like a twist on Mel Brooks' The Producers, with Santos deciding he can make more money with a campaign that flopped than with a winning campaign.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

He’s stunningly arrogant. Stunningly. I can’t think of his equal.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

George Santos arrives at his office with Dunkin Donuts for the press then says, “You can look forward to seeing some cool stuff coming out of this office soon.”
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:09 pm He’s stunningly arrogant. Stunningly. I can’t think of his equal.
How about his Furher Trump....?

I think this guy is surpassed by Zee Furher...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Most pathological liars are arrogant as hell.
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:11 pm https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/stat ... 4880360448
Per my teammate
@cbszak
- Rep George Santos (R-NY) was asked why he’s not attending tonight’s White House event for new Members of Congress.

Santos responded: “I just didn't have the time. It was on my schedule.”
Dang - he missed the opportunity to claim in his updated bio that he had worked at the WH :twisted:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Kendra wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:37 pm
The only reason he has not been kicked out of Congress yet is the GOP leader and speaker has less a backbone than a toy I once owned.

Some of the reactions of the adults are probably not much different than their reaction to the current GOP Congress.
101010 :towel:
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Kendra wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:26 pm
George Santos arrives at his office with Dunkin Donuts for the press then says, “You can look forward to seeing some cool stuff coming out of this office soon.”
The only cool stuff coming out of that office soon would be his ass leaving for good, never to be heard from again.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

donuts

Lt Col Root Beer and Lt Biscuit say DON'T TOUCH THOSE DONUTS, they could be poison! And now George is stealing Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman's act.

Root Beer Biscuit on the Bed.JPG
Root Beer Biscuit on the Bed.JPG (81.55 KiB) Viewed 428 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:lovestruck:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:09 pm He’s stunningly arrogant. Stunningly. I can’t think of his equal.
:thumbsup:

When you read the dictionary definition of shameless, you see a picture of George Santos.
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Soon Santos will be saying he IS Jack Burman! Has anyone ever seen them in the same room together? :liar: :liar:

And Root Beer and Biscuit :lovestruck: :lovestruck:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Santos probably thinks he can fool the Press and charm them to his side with his Charms and the fact he is smarter than everyone else. Which is how Pathological liars think.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Manu Raju @mkraju wrote: Rep. George Santos, in a tense exchange, would not explain to us why he amended his public filings to show that $500K from his contributions did not come from his personal funds.

“Sir -- let's make it very clear: I don't amend anything, I don't touch any of my FEC stuff, right?”

“So don't be disingenuous and report that I did because you know that every campaign hires fiduciaries,” he told me. “So, I'm not aware of that answer and we'll have an answer for the press regarding the amendments in yesterday's” filing.

He refused to explain source of money

Santos also refused to explain his comment that he survived an assasination attempt and a mugging and wouldn’t say whether he filed a police report.

Asked if he had heard from authorities in Brazil: “I have not, I have not heard from a single authority or a single investigation”
https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1618272369885466624
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

noblepa

Post by noblepa »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:48 pm
Interesting, but I think that, politically, the measure is DOA.

Legally, it may well fall afoul of the Constitution. Courts (including SCOTUS, I believe) have ruled that term limits for Senators or House members are unconsitutional, because they impose new eligibility requirements for the offices, which are not in the Constitution. The states are not allowed to add or subtract from the requirements set forth in the document.

I think it could be argued that requiring a background check, and that a candidate be free of foreign (or even domestic) warrants would be a new eligibility requirement.

Return to “Current Politics”