George Santos (R-NY) and his imaginative (but dishonest) résumé

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:01 pm Which name though?
Vice wrote:Epidermolysis bullosa, or EB, is a rare and serious genetic disorder affecting the skin—so rare, in fact, that only a small handful of charities work with people living with the disease. People who work in this world, it’s safe to say, tend to know one another. The person they say they do not know—except, now, by the reputation he’s laboriously created over the last few months—is Congressman George Santos.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://wapo.st/3kyYXKC

Gifted link.

George Santos falsely told a judge in Seattle in 2017 that he worked for Goldman Sachs, Politico reported Friday, adding to the long list of lies by the now-New York Republican congressman.
Politico published an audio recording of part of Santos’s conversation with a judge during an arraignment for Gustavo Ribeiro Trelha, whom Santos told the judge was a family friend. Trelha later pleaded guilty to fraud, went to jail and was deported to Brazil, Politico reported.

Republican Rep. George Santos’s trail of untruths. Here’s a list.

“So what do you do for work?” King County Superior Court Judge Sean P. O’Donnell says in the recording of the May 15, 2017, arraignment hearing for Trelha.

“I am an aspiring politician and I work for Goldman Sachs,” Santos is heard to reply.

“You work for Goldman Sachs in New York?” O’Donnell says.

“Yup,” Santos replies.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Kendra wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:43 pm https://wapo.st/3kyYXKC

Gifted link.

George Santos falsely told a judge in Seattle in 2017 that he worked for Goldman Sachs, Politico reported Friday, adding to the long list of lies by the now-New York Republican congressman.
Politico published an audio recording of part of Santos’s conversation with a judge during an arraignment for Gustavo Ribeiro Trelha, whom Santos told the judge was a family friend. Trelha later pleaded guilty to fraud, went to jail and was deported to Brazil, Politico reported.

Republican Rep. George Santos’s trail of untruths. Here’s a list.

“So what do you do for work?” King County Superior Court Judge Sean P. O’Donnell says in the recording of the May 15, 2017, arraignment hearing for Trelha.

“I am an aspiring politician and I work for Goldman Sachs,” Santos is heard to reply.

“You work for Goldman Sachs in New York?” O’Donnell says.

“Yup,” Santos replies.
Sorry, fake judge here. Judge Judy would have said "Yup" is not an answer!
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Fogbow is proud to introduce the first of it's kind enbedded code - The Santos function. When you place an ordinary sentence in the santos brackets, it adds layers of elaboration depending on how many you nest. It's very easy to use.

For example:

(ordinary sentence) It snowed yesterday. I shoveled my driveway.

First santos usage: [santos] It snowed yesterday. I shoveled every driveway on my street.[/santos]

Second santos nest: [santos][santos] We had a a foot of snow yesterday. I shoveled every driveway on my street by myself without taking a break.[/santos][/santos]

Third santos nesting: [santos][santos][santos]We had a record breaking blizzard that covered three counties. I personally directed the highway department in their regional road clearing effort while giving CPR twice and delivering three babies. [/santos][/santos][/santos]

Imagine the fun you and the other board members will have with these new filters. Why, you'll be sounding like Tucker What'shisname in no time.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Bravo, bill! I dare not think what [santos]4 would be! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:58 am Bravo, bill! I dare not think what [santos]4 would be! :biggrin:
Oh! That would be dangerous, wouldn't it? Maybe we should ask the dev guys to add a nest limit. Thx trl. it takes a village!
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Can you imagine working for a guy who tells a dozen lies before breakfast just to get warmed up for the day?

And you can't rely on a single thing he ever says, but he's your boss?

:eek:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:26 am Can you imagine working for a guy who tells a dozen lies before breakfast just to get warmed up for the day?

And you can't rely on a single thing he ever says, but he's your boss?

:eek:
I guess it depends. How much does he pay $$? (will I actually get paid?)
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

And how much criminal liability will be involved.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

what a mess
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Trying a different approach with the press corps after buying them Dunkin Donuts didn’t work.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Okay. Now he wants to echo meaningless Melania memes. I'm waiting for him to perfect his parade hand wave with a frozen insincere smiley face.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Rep. George Santos thanked a lawmaker for 'stopping by' for a chat. The lawmaker said this was a lie, and that he went to protest and ask for his resignation.

Joshua Zitser
Fri, February 24, 2023 at 2:51 PM GMT+1
  • Rep. George Santos personally thanked a local NY lawmaker for "stopping by" his office for a chat.
    The lawmaker replied that he wasn't there for a chat, but to stage a protest outside.
    He said he was there calling for Santos' resignation and to hand-deliver a letter of complaints.
Rep. George Santos has been accused of telling yet another lie, after a local lawmaker said the embattled congressman twisted the truth about why he visited Santos at his office.

On Thursday, Santos tweeted that he wanted to personally thank Josh Lafazan, a member of the Nassau County Legislature in New York, for "stopping by" his office in Douglaston, Queens, for a chat.

"It was great to sit down & discuss the concerns that were addressed in the letter he brought in," Santos wrote.

But just 50 minutes later, Lafazan responded on Twitter, accusing Santos of mischaracterizing the nature of the meeting, which he said was actually a protest.

"Let's be very clear: I did not 'stop by' your office," Lafazon wrote. "I hosted a protest *outside* your office calling on you to resign, and then hand-delivered you a letter to stop wasting police resources."

The local lawmaker said that the lie did not come as a surprise, adding that he believed Santos is "very good" at distorting the truth.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rep-george-s ... 07917.html
(original: INSIDER)
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

bill_g wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:30 am Okay. Now he wants to echo meaningless Melania memes. I'm waiting for him to perfect his parade hand wave with a frozen insincere smiley face.
He had all kinds of practice with that back when he was the Queen of England. But he can only do it in a State Carriage.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:58 am Bravo, bill! I dare not think what [santos]4 would be! :biggrin:
Wouldn't that be akin to crossing the streams, Egon?
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Fear so!!!
“Don’t cross the streams!”
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/02/politics ... index.html
The House Ethics Committee announced Thursday it is officially moving forward with a probe into embattled Rep. George Santos as the New York Republican faces mounting legal issues and calls to resign for extensively lying about his resume and biography.

The Ethics Committee said in a news release that it voted to set up an investigative subcommittee with authority to look into a number issues, including whether Santos may have engaged in unlawful activity related to his 2022 congressional campaign.

According to the release, the investigative panel will have jurisdiction to determine whether Santos “may have engaged in unlawful activity with respect to his 2022 congressional campaign; failed to properly disclose required information on statements filed with the House; violated federal conflict of interest laws in connection with his role in a firm providing fiduciary services; and/or engaged in sexual misconduct towards an individual seeking employment in his congressional office.”

Santos responded to the investigation announcement in a tweet.

“The House Committee on Ethics has opened an investigation, and Congressman George Santos is fully cooperating,” his office’s Twitter account wrote. “There will be no further comment made at this time.”
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

So he (allegedly) mattschlapped a young male seeking employment.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

SuzieC wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:16 pm So he (allegedly) mattschlapped a young male seeking employment.
That's new to me. MOAR!
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Gregg wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:40 pm
SuzieC wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:16 pm So he (allegedly) mattschlapped a young male seeking employment.
That's new to me. MOAR!
Mentioned in https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... ct#p177804 and must have been in a further post too iirc.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:think: :confuzzled:

Been a long day, but shouldn't that be they're and not their? So much for that fancy edumacation.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Yep.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

AndyinPA wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:29 pmYep.
Yeah, I read the comments after I posted that, and I wasn't the only one who said that.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Kitara 2024!
New York Republicans go to all-out war against Santos
And the embattled fabulist is going to the mattresses himself as his colleagues try to push him out: “They can’t control me,” he said in an interview.

Six of Santos’ New York colleagues, particularly the four who flipped tight battleground districts last fall, are working — out in the open and behind the scenes — to contain the blowback from the embattled lawmaker’s deceptions about his past. The first-term foursome started by breaking from the vast majority of their party by calling for Santos to resign, a move that would hurt the GOP’s already tiny majority.

And the newly elected New York Republicans are only growing louder: They’re pushing legislation aimed at hitting Santos financially, hoping to prevent the now-notorious fabulist from profiting off book or TV deals on his story. And they’re firing off fighting words on social media and local airwaves.

But their public criticisms haven’t insulated them from daily questions about his record, particularly as Democrats look to tie them to him. Their frustration, simmering for two months as negative Santos headlines build up, is close to boiling over.

“He is a bludgeoning tool the Democrats are using without regard for truth. They’re lying about us in relationship to him,” Rep. Marc Molinaro (R-N.Y.) said in an interview. “And he’s caused us every day to have to respond to his very existence in the House of Representatives, instead of giving 100 percent of our time to the important issues that Americans and the people who sent us to Washington care about.”

“Every time that we’re having a conversation we seem to be talking about George Santos,” echoed Rep. Anthony D’Esposito (R-N.Y.).
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/03/0 ... s-00085729

:thumbsup:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg

Return to “Current Politics”