Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

George Santos (R-NY) and his imaginative (but dishonest) résumé

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

keith wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:49 pm I'm getting tired of using the word 'antisemite' to describe people of middle eastern extraction who object to Israeli policies.

Its just stupid. Arabs are semites, how could they be anti-themselves?
Etymologically you are probably correct. However, my impression is that the usual intended meaning of the word "anti-Semitic" is "anti-Jewish".

More problematic is attempting to link positions favoring better treatment of Palestine and Palestinians and/or dislike of the government of Israel (a nasty cabal of shits) with anti-Semitism (sensu anti-Jewish). Especially as many Jews share that position.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:lol:
Pathological lying could finally be getting attention as a mental disorder

By Brenda Goodman, CNN
Published 7:51 AM EST, Fri February 3, 2023

CNN — When Timothy Levine set out to write a book about deception in 2016, he wanted to include a chapter on one of its most extreme forms: pathological lying.

“I just couldn’t find any good research base on this,” said Levine, chair of the Department of Communication Studies at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.

Now, it seems it’s the only thing anyone wants to talk to him about.

“Santos has brought more reporters to me in the last couple of weeks than probably in the last year,” Levine said.

Santos, of course, is US Rep. George Santos, a Republican from Long Island who was recently elected to represent New York’s third congressional district.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/02/03/heal ... index.html
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

So, Trump didn't trigger people's veracity alarm, but Santos does. Now we know the threashold. Maybe some good will come from this.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

IMO the threshold is money/power.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

:yeahthat:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Another day, another scandal... :whistle:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/george-san ... k-florida/
Add traffic and parking tickets to the growing list of legal and political woes facing embattled Rep. George Santos, a Republican from New York, who may owe more than $3,400 in unpaid citations, according to records from New York City and Florida.

A car registered to Santos was cited six times in 2016 and 2017 in Florida. Two tickets for running red lights were paid, but four toll violations racked up late fees and were ultimately sent to collections agencies according to Florida records. Santos, who represents New York's 3rd Congressional District, now owes $1,299.10 for those tolls.

Traffic violations may not be high on the list of worries for the freshman congressman, who is reported to be the subject of both federal and local investigations stemming from questions about the financing of his campaigns. But records show the fines could continue to pile up.

One of the tickets issued to Santos' vehicle shows color photos from a red-light camera of a silver Jeep with puppy paw-print and dog-bone bumper stickers. The tickets include a zoomed-in capture of the car's license plate.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

George Santos House staffers 'trying to find the route to get out' as investigations pile up

Tom Boggioni
January 28, 2023

Now that Rep. George Santos (R-NY) has settled into the House despite the cloud of investigations that grows darker each day, his House office is still engaged in staffing up which, in turn, has become an object of fascination for House aides who work for other lawmakers and who believe that a Santos job is a bad career move.

According to a report from the Washington Post, the controversial lawmaker who lied his way to a midterm win has filled key positions, but there is no telling how long they will be employed should one of the investigations bear fruit and lead to his ouster from the House.

As the WaPo's Joe Flynn and Meaghan Heim wrote, "Taking a job for Santos could prove dicey for staffers. In conversations with more than a dozen former and current Republican and Democratic lawmakers and staff members, many wondered if those who go to work for Santos, particularly higher-level staffers, would ever be able to find another congressional office that would hire them."

Adding that "It’s hard enough to get offices up and running in normal circumstances, but Santos is under intense media scrutiny," the report continued, "For staffers who have opted to work for Santos, a future on Capitol Hill could prove difficult to negotiate," said George McElwee, who served as chief of staff for former GOP congressman Charlie Dent from Pennsylvania and was also president of the House Chiefs of Staff Association.

https://www.rawstory.com/george-santos-investigation/
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

This guy is seriously sick.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
jcolvin2
Verified:

George Santos (R-NY) and his imaginative (but dishonest)

Post by jcolvin2 »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:25 pm
Producing Spider-Man: Turn Out the Dark is how Santos got to be good friends with U2.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Admitting to producing the Spiderman musical is not a really good career move, even if it were true.
101010 :towel:
Gregg

George Santos (R-NY) and his imaginative (but dishonest)

Post by Gregg »

jcolvin2 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:46 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:25 pm
Producing Spider-Man: Turn Out the Dark is how Santos got to be good friends with U2.
Which led to his being hired to play bass for The Rolling Stones on their 2020 World Tour. Covid Cancelled that tour so during the lockdown, Santos opted instead to work with Sir Paul McCartney, ghostwriting most of the music in the McCartney III Album.

"Paul asked me to come sit in on that because he respects me as a musician, he thinks I'm a much better bass player than him, and you can hear on the album, where I played most of the instruments"

:rotflmao:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

I almost think George is this guy I used to know on Xbox live. He always had these crazy stories about how he supposedly talked to some guy from microsoft like a decade ago on xbox live and somehow all his ideas were stolen. He's trying to claim credit for top selling videos games, movies, etc. No one believed him but he still pushed it.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:shock: :eek:

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:59 am :shock: :eek:

https://youtu.be/mhaqSW0s6Ng
And the hits just keep on a coming. It's kinda no longer funny.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

a) Put a Pathological Liar in a position where he is untouchable because McCarthy dare not boot him. b) Act surprised when he does whatever the fuck he wants because he has effectively an anti-conscience. c) Profit.

He also has racked up Thousands of dollars in traffic tickets in the last 5 years, half of them unpaid.

https://crooksandliars.com/2023/02/geor ... -wheel-too
Hic sunt dracones
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Another youngster so desperate for social media fame that he's willing to have stains on his record for life.

Derek Myers grinding for his 15 minutes. Talks about Kitara with GRINDR, sexual harassment, ethics violations...

Derek is still under investigation for wiretapping. He runs the paper that ran this story.

Guardian’s editor charged with wiretapping after writing story on Wagner trial
https://sciotovalleyguardian.com/2022/1 ... ner-trial/

Dude released the audio. Rolling Stone tries to explain WTF this is all about: https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 234673058/

TPM obtained audio of a conversation between Rep. George Santos (R-NY) and Derek Myers, a former journalist who was offered a job on Santos' staff. After a little over a week working with Santos, Derek Myers was informed that he would not be getting a permanent job. This is that conversation.

These dudes deserve each other.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Yeah, no red flags there at all.

Having a private meeting with a Congresscritter and they ask if you have a "Grindr" profile?

3 times in my life have a man place his hand on me where it did not belong (for me, they were always 'straight' guys) . I handled each without making a scene.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

neonzx wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:51 pm Yeah, no red flags there at all.

Having a private meeting with a Congresscritter and they ask if you have a "Grindr" profile?

3 times in my life have a man place his hand on me where it did not belong (for me, they were always 'straight' guys) . I handled each without making a scene.
That's actually kind of horrifying to me in that I have had many LGBTQ+ friends in my life, was usually the token cishet dude at gay bars with said friends (because you take your designated drivers where you can get them, and I was normally the dude what got people home safely) hanging out with drunken self-described "flaming queens", and I think I've only twice had someone get handsy. So this was >check notes< gay men, under the influence, on their own home turf where I was the intruder, and they were approximately 33% better at not groping the uninterested fella than your guys. So either I'm really unattractive even to drunken gay men, or my crew have been better behaved.
Off Topic
I will note that one of those dudes, who groped me back in 1991, would apologize two days later after sobering up and hearing what an asshole he was from mutual friends and how I was gracious and kind. That began a lifelong friendship -- indeed, the best male friendship of my adult life -- which ended when the fellow passed in mid-2020, of two cancers which he had fought for years, while I was serving in Bangladesh. My ex-wife, my brother, my sister-in-law, all considered him part of the family, to the point where my ex-wife even broke post-divorce radio silence because checking on his welfare was more important to her than maintaining her distance from me. And it all started because he was at 22 a very sloppy, handsy, drunk. Just goes to show ya.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

George Santos? I really don’t know him, but I hear he really likes me, really loves “Trump,” so he must be a pretty good guy. He has my COMPLETE and TOTAL endorsement!
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

I missed the awards show tonight. How many Grammys did George Kitara take home this evening?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

neonzx wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:15 am I missed the awards show tonight. How many Grammys did George Kitara take home this evening?
I dunno, but I did run across this photo of the pilot that brought down the Chinese spy balloon.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:lol: now I am waiting to see the photo op from where he landed on an aircraft carrier and declared the war was over :twisted:

Return to “Current Politics”