Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Accelerationists - Neo-Nazi, Paleo-Nazi, and Not-So-Nazi

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:52 pm Not from the moment it becase news but from the moment a right-winger posted that the drag show was why the power was out. It wasn't like the lights went out and people started looking to find if anything gay-related was happening in the area to latch onto and claim that was the cause. Someone took the initiative to say they knew why it happened, and that it happened because of the drag show. And that person wasn't a left-winger, she was an anti-gay Catholic. I've noticed that you consistently leave out that fact and blame it entirely on liberals instead.
I think people were busy searching for some thing to tie the vandalism into the culture wars, and when they found her saying that on Twitter it was immediately broadcast everywhere and made that into the reason it happened with zero evidence.

What she said was the equivalent of saying "I know why that Earthquake happened in San Francisco! NO MORALS!" People took what she said and twisted it to make you think she was the leader of a violent cell that went out and put half the county out of power rather than a lone loon. And they made this an absolute fact while the police had just arrived and were still looking looking for the bullet homes. Uh... no.

And ya the woman is a Catholic. I don't mention her because I think she is completely irrelevant other than as someone someone found on twitter as a handy idiot to make the aggressor for their culture wars. For your part, people don't mention that the Police visited her and questioned her in connection with this and didn't charge her with anything. Ommmm. yes, I can hear you saying "yet." You're right, they might in the future if they find some evidence she was connected, but right now a vague twitter post is not it.

And now, the fact is that this has been happening all over the country, which makes it even LESS likely this was because of a CATHOLIC, CATHOLIC, CATHOLIC nutcase yammering that unfortunate things had happened to half the county because of the loose morals of a bunch of people from out of state. At least I assume they are out of state, I haven't checked because, again, I think the Drag Show is completely irrelevant to what happened in that county just as it is irrelevent to people attacking US Infrastructure across the country.
Hic sunt dracones
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

A self appointed God spokesman claiming knowledge about why God made an earthquake happen is NOT the equivalent of someone claiming direct knowledge of a criminal action by a fellow human. Of course the police investigated.

Whether the similar occurances across the country are individual copycat nutcases or a coordinated conspiracy remains to be seen.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Reddog

Post by Reddog »

:yeahthat:
Of course the police investigated.
She got her 5 minutes of fame.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

*sigh* She didn't "claim direct knowledge of why it happened," and only the most twisted interpretation of what she said would claim so. She said it in the sense of "oh these people's immoral conduct makes People and God angry enough to inspire people to shoot things up," which is exactly the same as saying "this makes God angry enough to cause an Earthquake." I see bad thing happening and I am putting my spin on why this entity acted in such a way.

And of course the police should have investigated her. The point you leave out is that the Police investigated her didn't do anything to the woman. Yet. Social Media was not as conscientious and decided she was running a Militia thirsting for Drag blood within seconds.

Look, whatever, you want this particular shooting to be caused by the most holy sacrament of a bunch of men in Drag reading a story to kids as opposed to all the other ones which were not caused by the most holy sacrament of a bunch of men in Drag reading a story to kids, because this one is special. Including the other substation shot up that night.

I think blaming this on a random CATHOLIC idiot who shot her mouth off on Twitter is premature and stupid And I present as evidence the fact that Substations that had nothing to do with the Holy Drag Queen Victims were targeted, AS WELL AS the one that had something to do with the most Holy Sacrifice of the Drag.

And the fact that there have been no further communications from people claiming responsibility and saying it was done because of the real Victims of Dragness. People who do this for a cause like to tell people how moral they are for acting.

Its also not my fault that you have been avoiding mentioning the fact that other substations were hit on the same night, because that causes cognitive dissonance in your head. That makes no sense if its all about the Drag Victims of the CATHOLIC twitter blatherererer.

So ya you have one CATHOLIC Twit being a twIt by saying oh if only people were not so immoral people wouldn't be going out and shooting up infrastructure. That's it. That's pretty much fuck all. If it turns out she, a CATHOLIC, was part of a group that was stupid enough to plunge 40000 people into Darkness because of a Drag show I will be the first one saying lock her, a CATHOLIC, up. But then, I'm the only one mentioning the 40000 people who were plunged into darkness. I guess they cause cognitive dissonance too.

So unplug your ass from social media and think for yourself, and you will see this whole story is kinda stupid. And, have I mentioned she is a Catholic enough? :daydreaming:
Hic sunt dracones
Reddog

Post by Reddog »

First time I have heard the term accelerationist.
Yes it is a good idea to be prepared for disasters. There was a show on called Preppers a while back. I watched a little of it. I couldn’t bring myself to watch for long. I got the sense that the people on were almost looking forward to whatever doomsday scenario they dreamed up. Infrastructure, financial disasters, supply chain problems, nuclear war, and so on.
I could picture someone of that mindset “accelerating “ problems so they could come out afterwards and become the king of their little realm.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Reddog wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:28 pm First time I have heard the term accelerationist.
Yes it is a good idea to be prepared for disasters. There was a show on called Preppers a while back. I watched a little of it. I couldn’t bring myself to watch for long. I got the sense that the people on were almost looking forward to whatever doomsday scenario they dreamed up. Infrastructure, financial disasters, supply chain problems, nuclear war, and so on.
I could picture someone of that mindset “accelerating “ problems so they could come out afterwards and become the king of their little realm.
Ya. People like that live by the thought that they are right and everyone else is wrong, that their lifestyle makes them smart. The thrill is the fact that THEY are special as upposed to the shit eating Proles that are all around them that does not share their vision.

A confidence trickster never tells his victims that he thinks they are stupid. "I know you are a smart person," is what they say as they are fooling you.

Ya I know people are going to sneer at me for saying that after me yammering about social media deciding something and everyone going along with it above. Ya, you got me. I'm not immune. I feel the same thrill. But the difference is, if I turn out to be wrong, I will feel the pain of being wrong as well, and I will admit it. And I know I am feeling that thrill and I try to stop it controlling me.
Hic sunt dracones
Reddog

Post by Reddog »

Suranis wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:25 pm *sigh* She didn't "claim direct knowledge of why it happened," and only the most twisted interpretation of what she said would claim so. :snippity:
From NBC newsfeed. Hopefully it has been vetted properly.
A cryptic post

“The power is out in Moore County and I know why,” Emily Rainey wrote on her Facebook page less than an hour after the electricity failed.

The part that bothered me in the noise after the power outage was that gun stores had been robbed. I have not heard anything more about that.

I’m not on social media so I didn’t hear anything about the person being catholic, until I got on this thread. I don’t even know why it makes any difference.
I guess this is a bit like social media. But I find the discussions, for the most part, very informative.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Reddog wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:08 pm The part that bothered me in the noise after the power outage was that gun stores had been robbed. I have not heard anything more about that.
Ya someone on Facebook told me that didn't happen and pointed at the facebook of a gun shop that said they hadn't been robbed. That gun shop facebook page said they had heard that Shops had been robbed. So, I dunno. Its at best unconfirmed :shrug:
Hic sunt dracones
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

I saw similar accounts of the stores saying that the police showed up after the power outage (standard protocol for gunshots?) and that they were fine and open…maybe they had generators?
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

The podcast that I listened to while bicycling was The Second American Civil War
https://open.spotify.com/episode/6DZnX ... y6l2NSMukg
It’s done in a story format, but the guy seems informed because he has seen this play out in another country…
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Reddog wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:28 pm First time I have heard the term accelerationist.
The accelerationist phrase is new, but the concept isn't. These are the guys that do something terrible hoping it will escalate into an end-times scenario. Like the white kid that shoots up a black congregation hoping to start a race war. I first became aware of these idiots during the Clinton years - blue helmets and black helicopters, Randy Weaver, David Koresh and the Waco Whackos, et al. Let's blow up a Federal Building with AMFO!!! Thankfully none of their well thought out plans went any further than their ill devised execution that killed a lot of people.

Preppers are paranoid selfish assholes that think they can protect themselves against the masses after The Big One. It's one thing to prepare for bad weather and power outages. It's another to develope a bunker mentality convinced everyone is an enemy. Ask anyone that has been through a real disaster. You don't get through it alone. Unless you move out into the sticks, become a hermit, and rarely come into town, when society collapses, preppers aren't going to be any more able to deal with it than their neighbors. That first good case of pneumonia will have them trying to decide to leave their compound for a doctor but leave everything unprotected, or stay and hope to heal on your own.

Though accelerationists possess some prepper bunker paranoia mindset, preppers do not necessarily have accelerationist lets-bring-about-armageddon tendencies. Real preppers just want to hole up and be left alone. Accelerationists want to mix it up with people, start some shit, and then get out of the way to do whatever whatever whatever afterwards. I've never heard one really explain what the goal is. If you get there, what's in it for you? (big shrug).
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Suranis wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:25 pm *sigh* She didn't "claim direct knowledge of why it happened," and only the most twisted interpretation of what she said would claim so. She said it in the sense of "oh these people's immoral conduct makes People and God angry enough to inspire people to shoot things up," which is exactly the same as saying "this makes God angry enough to cause an Earthquake." I see bad thing happening and I am putting my spin on why this entity acted in such a way.

And of course the police should have investigated her. The point you leave out is that the Police investigated her didn't do anything to the women. Yet. Social Media was not as conscientious and decided she was running a Militia thirsting for Drag blood within seconds.

Look, whatever, you want this particular shooting to be caused by the most holy sacrament of a bunch of men in Drag reading a story to kids as opposed to all the other ones which were not caused by the most holy sacrament of a bunch of men in Drag reading a story to kids, because this one is special. Including the other substation shot up that night.

I think blaming this on a random CATHOLIC idiot who shot her mouth off on Twitter is premature and stupid And I present as evidence the fact that Substations that had nothing to do with the Holy Drag Queen Victims were targeted, AS WELL AS the one that had something to do with the most Holy Sacrifice of the Drag.

And the fact that there have been no further communications from people claiming responsibility and saying it was done because of the real Victims of Dragness. People who do this for a cause like to tell people how moral they are for acting.

Its also not my fault that you have been avoiding mentioning the fact that other substations were hit on the same night, because that causes cognitive dissonance in your head. That makes no sense if its all about the Drag Victims of the CATHOLIC twitter blatherererer.

So ya you have one CATHOLIC Twit being a twIt by saying oh if only people were not so immoral people wouldn't be going out and shooting up infrastructure. That's it. That's pretty much fuck all. If it turns out she, a CATHOLIC, was part of a group that was stupid enough to plunge 40000 people into Darkness because of a Drag show I will be the first one saying lock her, a CATHOLIC, up. But then, I'm the only one mentioning the 40000 people who were plunged into darkness. I guess they cause cognitive dissonance too.

So unplug your ass from social media and think for yourself, and you will see this whole story is kinda stupid. And, have I mentioned she is a Catholic enough? :daydreaming:
I am sad to respond to Surs' post. But this shows me I am not wrong in my feelings that Sur has a strong Leaning towards anti-LGBTQ, and the inability to see how damaging the institutions of major religions have damaged generations.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

bill_g wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:50 am
The accelerationist phrase is new, but the concept isn't. These are the guys that do something terrible hoping it will escalate into an end-times scenario. Like the white kid that shoots up a black congregation hoping to start a race war. I first became aware of these idiots during the Clinton years - blue helmets and black helicopters, Randy Weaver, David Koresh and the Waco Whackos, et al. Let's blow up a Federal Building with AMFO!!! Thankfully none of their well thought out plans went any further than their ill devised execution that killed a lot of people.

Preppers are paranoid selfish assholes that think they can protect themselves against the masses after The Big One. It's one thing to prepare for bad weather and power outages. It's another to develope a bunker mentality convinced everyone is an enemy. Ask anyone that has been through a real disaster. You don't get through it alone. Unless you move out into the sticks, become a hermit, and rarely come into town, when society collapses, preppers aren't going to be any more able to deal with it than their neighbors. That first good case of pneumonia will have them trying to decide to leave their compound for a doctor but leave everything unprotected, or stay and hope to heal on your own.

Though accelerationists possess some prepper bunker paranoia mindset, preppers do not necessarily have accelerationist lets-bring-about-armageddon tendencies. Real preppers just want to hole up and be left alone. Accelerationists want to mix it up with people, start some shit, and then get out of the way to do whatever whatever whatever afterwards. I've never heard one really explain what the goal is. If you get there, what's in it for you? (big shrug).
Helter Skelter.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:37 am Helter Skelter.
Yeah. That's another good example. This whole terrible concept has been around for a long time, but I don't know if anyone has named it and quantified it before.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Neo Nazi Accelerationists

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Suranis wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:02 am
Danraft wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:53 am Ya, it’s not mutually exclusive.
It wasn’t a “lone” person upset about a drag show.
And, I get eye strain everytime someone thousands of miles away and seemingly not in regular contact with American cultures (and it’s problems, strengths, and weaknesses) and yet gets what is happening in America right on a regular basis to the point of predicting stuff correctly wants to lecture me on the likelihood of what actually happened being blah blah….
Correction... :roll:

I'm sure that when the police report comes in and find that it had nothing to do with a drag show and that they shot up a substation that didn't supply power to the Drag Queen area, you will admit Social media was wrong in instantly deciding it could only be to do with guys wearing makeup it was a terrorist group claiming responsibility rather than a religious nutjob once again blaming bad things on Teh Gayz being allowed to existbefore the police even got there, let alone Police investigators. Oh who am I kidding...
FIFY
W. Kevin Vicklund

I should note that I missed there was a second page and as such missed the dialog about the religious nutjob being Catholic. Let me state for the record that I do not equate being Catholic as being a religious nutjob. Every religion can have nutjobs, nor does it require religion to be a nutjob.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Sounds like a good time to chill and take a break. Enjoy!

W. Kevin Vicklund

I suspect that a lot of the vandalism that was mentioned in the OP is actually copper theft. In the industry, we've been concerned about the potential for terrorist attacks for 20 years, but the real issue is people breaking in to cut the exposed copper ground cables (usually they can't access the power cables). My employer has had several fatalities in the past few decades from this - I've had to view the pictures as part of training. Never touch a metal surface in an energized substation if it isn't grounded.
Reddog

Post by Reddog »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:09 pm :snippity: Never touch a metal surface in an energized substation if it isn't grounded.
I learned the hard way. They wanted me to move the mast lights down in a 345Kv substation. To remove the lights we put a hold on close proximity lines, disconnected and put ground cables on the dc’d lines. I was in the boom but still got shocked occasionally even with class 2 20 Kv gloves.

When I went to reinstall at the lower level (well away from energized lines) I found that I could only get up about 5 steps on a fiberglass extension ladder without getting shocked, even with class 2 gloves. I ended up lacing grounded chain through the rungs of the ladder and I could work barehanded then. Even though the mast was grounded I was getting charged up from the field in the yard. As soon as I touched something grounded it would discharge. I had to work barehanded to keep from getting a charge.

Non-contact voltage detectors are useless, they glow continuously.
Reddog

Post by Reddog »

Copper thieves are a problem, there have been more than one instances where a lineman crew, or relay technician would find corpses in substations.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Someone forgets that I live in Ireland. I know what it looks like when terrorist groups claim responsibility, and that wasn't it. :roll:

Ya copper thievery is a problem here in Ireland too. They tend to rob manhole covers and stuff here though, I've never heard of a Substation being robbed. Also Copper thievery has been going on for years, has copper gotten so scarce everywhere else that people are now hitting highly dangerous places?
Hic sunt dracones
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Non-alloyed bright copper fetchs a good price at the recycle yard. And it's easy to cut with a battery powered saw.
Reddog

Post by Reddog »

Substations were an easy target. Remote locations. Not monitored for the most part. Plenty of heavy gauge uninsulated #1 copper.
I haven’t heard as much lately but 10-20 years ago it was.
Great for Time Machine matériel also, search for Mike “Madman” Marcum. We’re still looking for him, he’s still missing. We expect him to show up around here. He put out the lights in a neighborhood here in town once.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

This has been going on a while apparently.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-wor ... or-threat/
TARGETS FOR EXTREMIST GROUPS

Federal authorities have warned that the power grid could be a prime target for extremist groups that embrace “accelerationism,” a fringe philosophy that promotes mass violence to fuel society’s collapse.

In January, a U.S. Department of Homeland Security report warned that domestic extremists have been developing “credible, specific plans” to attack electricity infrastructure since at least 2020. The DHS report warns that extremists “adhering to a range of ideologies will likely continue to plot and encourage physical attacks against electrical infrastructure.”

The department wrote that attackers would be unlikely to produce widespread, multistate outages without inside help. But its report cautioned that an attack could still do damage and cause injuries.

Members of white supremacist and antigovernment groups have been linked to plots to attack the power grid. In February, three men pleaded guilty to conspiring to attack U.S. energy facilities. Authorities said they were driven by white supremacist ideologies to “sow mayhem and division among Americans.”

OTHER ATTACKS

Fears of an attack on the nation’s electricity infrastructure are nothing new. The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission ordered grid operators to increase security following a still-unsolved April 2013 sniper attack on a California electric substation.

The attack on the Pacific Gas & Electric Company’s Metcalf Transmission Substation in an isolated area near San Jose, California, caused power outages and led to calls for millions of people to conserve energy.

The attack involved snipping fiber-optic phone lines and firing shots into the PG&E substation. The FBI said at the time that it found no evidence that it was an act of terrorism.

Former U.S. Sen. Mary Landrieu, who chaired the Senate Energy Committee in 2014, said at the time that it was fortunate the attack didn’t cause a blackout in Silicon Valley, “the horrors of which could only be imagined.”

In the wake of that attack, FERC and other agencies recommended utilities to take specific measures to protect vulnerable substations, like adding walls, sensors or cameras. Still, many remain exposed in rural areas of the U.S. And experts have warned for years that taking out a few substations could cause rolling blackouts in the U.S., leaving millions without power.

A Utah man was arrested in 2016 and later sentenced to federal prison time after he used a rifle to shoot the cooling fins of a substation, rupturing the radiator piping and causing the substation to overheat and fail. Court documents said the man had planned to attack other substations as part of an effort to take down power in a large chunk of the western United States.
Hic sunt dracones
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

We still don't have lights on large stretches of our interstates because the copper thieves cut into the base of the lights and steal the copper. They back a pick up truck with a winch up to the poles in the median and off they go. Traffic going by sees them and calls it in but the cops can't get there before they'e gone. Every couple of years one of them will get zapped. MDOT has quit replacing the wiring so we just drive in the dark through those stretches.

https://www.wlbt.com/2022/07/12/mdot-sa ... are-blame/

Return to “Other Efforts to Attack Democracy”