Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Senate 2024: Will the Democrats win again?

bob

Post by bob »

538: Republicans Have A Clear Path To Retaking The Senate In 2024:

Executive summary: Of the 34 seats up in 2024, Democrats are defending 23.

Most vulnerable Democrats are Manchin (WV), Tester (MT), and Brown (OH).

Also looking at difficult contests are Sinema* (AZ), Baldwin (WI), Casey (PA), Rosen (NV), and Stabenow (MI). Considering they also are swing states, the amount of money that will (again) be poured into these states is insane.

Most "vulnerable" Republicans are Cruz (TX) and Scott (FL).

* Assuming she survives the oft-promised primary challenge.
Image ImageImage
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB1i2MTD
Former Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, who left office as one of the few prominent Republican critics of former President Donald Trump, will run for U.S. Senate in his home state.

Hogan announced his plans in a video posted to social media Friday, hours before the filing deadline in the race.

Evoking his father's decision as a Republican congressman to back the impeachment of then-Republican President Richard Nixon, Hogan lamented the lack of "leadership" and "willingness to put country over party." And he leaned on his time as governor to make his pitch to voters in a blue state where he's had electoral success.

"My fellow Marylanders, you know me. For eight years we proved that the toxic politics that divide our nation need not divide our state," Hogan said.

"One party alone can't fix it," he continued. "We desperately need leaders willing to stand up to both parties, leaders who appreciate that not one of us have all the answers or all the power."

Hogan immediately becomes the front-runner for his party's nomination, as possibly the only Republican in the state who could make the race to replace retiring Democratic Sen. Ben Cardin competitive.
He's very popular in Maryland with both parties. This could hurt the chances of retaining a Democratic Senate.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Our chances aren't good for keeping it, simply looking at the numbers. Our best chance is running on abortion and whether or not a R senate would try to push through a national ban.

I can see moderate Rs skipping the president race or voting Biden then voting R down the ballot.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
realist

Post by realist »

AndyinPA wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:15 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB1i2MTD
Former Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, who left office as one of the few prominent Republican critics of former President Donald Trump, will run for U.S. Senate in his home state.

Hogan announced his plans in a video posted to social media Friday, hours before the filing deadline in the race.

Evoking his father's decision as a Republican congressman to back the impeachment of then-Republican President Richard Nixon, Hogan lamented the lack of "leadership" and "willingness to put country over party." And he leaned on his time as governor to make his pitch to voters in a blue state where he's had electoral success.

"My fellow Marylanders, you know me. For eight years we proved that the toxic politics that divide our nation need not divide our state," Hogan said.

"One party alone can't fix it," he continued. "We desperately need leaders willing to stand up to both parties, leaders who appreciate that not one of us have all the answers or all the power."

Hogan immediately becomes the front-runner for his party's nomination, as possibly the only Republican in the state who could make the race to replace retiring Democratic Sen. Ben Cardin competitive.
He's very popular in Maryland with both parties. This could hurt the chances of retaining a Democratic Senate.
Indeed. The princess and I both liked him and both voted for him.
Image X 4
Image X 32

Return to “U.S. Senate”