Kanye West

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Dr. Ken

Kanye West

Post by Dr. Ken »

I wasn't sure where to put this but I noticed we don't have a thread about this knucklehead. His latest. He's now calling on Jews to forgive hitler
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Kanye West

Post by neonzx »

Is there actual video of this, or only alleged screen shots on that twitter feed?
Dr. Ken

Kanye West

Post by Dr. Ken »

neonzx wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:12 am Is there actual video of this, or only alleged screen shots on that twitter feed?
Sorry
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Ye, formerly Kanye West

Post by raison de arizona »

neonzx wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:12 am Is there actual video of this, or only alleged screen shots on that twitter feed?

Also, this thread title should contain his legal name as well :biggrin:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dr. Ken

Ye, formerly Kanye West

Post by Dr. Ken »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:19 am

Also, this thread title should contain his legal name as well :biggrin:
Ye Olde Anti-Semite?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Kanye West

Post by Foggy »

So white supremacists are hanging out with a completely insane black dude because they all hate the Joos. :doh:

Perfectly normal in the year 2022.

You realize the space aliens are seriously planning an intervention now, yesno? Because this thing has left the rails a long time ago.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
neonzx

Kanye West

Post by neonzx »

If someone has to cover their head with a gimp hood, there is probably a problem with the message.
Dr. Ken

Kanye West

Post by Dr. Ken »

neonzx wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:33 am If someone has to cover their head with a gimp hood, there is probably a problem with the message.
Ye out here thinking he's cobra commander.
Volkonski
Verified:

Kanye West

Post by Volkonski »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: There aren't enough :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: in the world to react to this.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
noblepa

Kanye West

Post by noblepa »

Ye is so crazy that I wouldn't put it past him to wear a full face mask, but do we have any proof that that is really him saying those things? Again, I don't question whether he would say such things, but in this day and age, it is entirely possible that someone did this just to troll him.

I haven't paid enough attention to him (which I imagine is what he craves) to know if that is his voice or not.
Dr. Ken

Kanye West

Post by Dr. Ken »

noblepa wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:36 am Ye is so crazy that I wouldn't put it past him to wear a full face mask, but do we have any proof that that is really him saying those things? Again, I don't question whether he would say such things, but in this day and age, it is entirely possible that someone did this just to troll him.

I haven't paid enough attention to him (which I imagine is what he craves) to know if that is his voice or not.
It would have to be a really good impression of his voice and he hasn't come out and denied it yet. It also matched what he was saying on twitter before he got banned.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Kanye West

Post by RTH10260 »

Did someone already confront the former guy with this Ye statement? Ask him how strongly he disapproves the message, is Ye still his BFF, when is the next lunch together?

"There are good people on both sides ..."
raison de arizona

Kanye West

Chicago art school rescinds Kanye West's honorary degree

The School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) has rescinded its honorary degree given to Ye, formerly known as Kanye west.

In a statement, the school said the decision was due to Ye's recent derogatory actions.

"The School of the Art Institute of Chicago condemns and repudiates Kanye West’s (now known as Ye) anti-Black, antisemitic, racist, and dangerous statements, particularly those directed at Black and Jewish communities," the school said.
:snippity:
https://www.kgun9.com/news/national/chi ... ary-degree
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Kanye West

Post by Suranis »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:15 pm Did someone already confront the former guy with this Ye statement? Ask him how strongly he disapproves the message, is Ye still his BFF, when is the next lunch together?
Trump would probably start screaming that people should be asking Kanye about His statements, not him about Kanye's statements.

West is a total mystery to me. I honestly cant see why people give anything the fool says the time of day. Hes an obnoxious blowhard without a trace of intelligence. He does not even make the pretense of caring about anyone, his whole thing is "Fuck you I have money, now care about me. You get milk form Saucers." And people fawn over him. People love Narcissists, I guess.
Hic sunt dracones
Phoenix520
Verified:

Kanye West

Post by Phoenix520 »

My sprout says his music used to be amazing and true and genre busting and really cool
And
Now it’s just meh. Has been meh for some time. In fact, since he found Jesus.

I couldn’t tell Ye from The Weeknd or any number of other players. I just know he’s big and obnoxious and everywhere.
New Turtle

Kanye West

Post by New Turtle »

Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:45 am My sprout says his music used to be amazing and true and genre busting and really cool
And
Now it’s just meh. Has been meh for some time. In fact, since he found Jesus.

I couldn’t tell Ye from The Weeknd or any number of other players. I just know he’s big and obnoxious and everywhere.
He started to fall apart when his mom died. This was around the same time he showed up drunk at the grammys and wandered on stage with Taylor Swift. I think he learned some wrong lessons from that incident, regarding attention seeking behavior.
sad-cafe

Kanye WestI

Post by sad-cafe »

I am sure being in the kartrashian mess didn't help him any
Phoenix520
Verified:

Kanye West

Post by Phoenix520 »

Ah, sadly, that makes sense to me. Thanks new turtle.
neonzx

Kanye WestI

Post by neonzx »

sad-cafe wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:52 am I am sure being in the kartrashian mess didn't help him any
It didn't help much for anyone over the years who got in bed with them. It's a toxic environment.
But I never followed them. I never understood what the fascination was with them. Why?
raison de arizona

Ye, formerly Kanye West

Once again, let me register my displeasure that this thread title does not contain his legal name. :biggrin:
Where's Ye? The lawyers who dropped Kanye West after his antisemitic tirades can't locate him to say they've quit.
After Kanye West went on a series of antisemitic tirades earlier this year, virtually everyone close to him — save a ragtag group of white nationalists and Elon Musk — cut ties with the singer.

Including his lawyers.

Greenberg Traurig LLP — which represented West in lawsuits over everything from business deals gone bad to allegedly stolen song samples —told Insider in a statement that it condemns "antisemitism and all hate speech or bigotry, which is repugnant to the core values we believe in and live" and that it had "moved to withdraw from our representations" of West in his litigation.

The trouble is, the firm can't find West to tell him they no longer represent him.

In a December 12 letter to a federal judge reviewed by Insider, an attorney for the firm said they couldn't reach him.

Lawyers for Greenberg Traurig were able to serve West with documents telling him they no longer wanted to represent him. But the judge, Analisa Torres, said the firm couldn't officially cut loose West, who now goes by Ye, until they could hand him her order allowing them to withdraw.

At that point, West went dark.

"Ye ceased responding to GT's attempts to contact him, and despite diligent efforts and the use of a process server, GT has been unable to locate Ye or serve him," Greenberg Traurig attorney Justin MacLean wrote to Torres.
https://www.businessinsider.com/kanye-w ... it-2022-12

He’s got an ongoing copyright infringement lawsuit, and the judge won’t let his want-to-be former lawyers off the hook.
Sam the Centipede

Kanye West

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Is that a significant problem for the lawyers? So they're still representing him on paper, but they can't and won't do much of they cannot communicate with their client: "Sorry judge, we tried, we don't know [shrug shoulders]. Your call."

And the client can't complain if he has deliberately his himself from them: that's surely not "ineffective assistance of counsel"!
Volkonski
Verified:

Kanye West

Post by Volkonski »

Kanye West takes savage swipe at Taylor Swift after singer ‘banned’ him from sitting near her at Super Bowl

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/1 ... uper-bowl/
Taylor supposedly asked for the rapper's seat to be moved at the Super Bowl so he wasn't near her in Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas.

Just hours after the reports about Taylor's interference came out, Kanye posted a photo via his Instagram Stories to announce some exciting career news.

He posted a screenshot of a tweet announcing his new album had reached the top of the charts.

"Kanye West has overtaken Taylor Swift as the top artist globally on Spotify," it read.

Underneath, the tweet included a picture of Kanye and snap of Taylor.

There was also a screenshot of Kanye's name with an up arrow showing he had climbed the charts ahead of Taylor.

Kanye didn't add an context to his post.

His latest album, Vultures 1, was released on Saturday.

Vultures was initially slated to land at the end of 2023, before being delayed into the New Year.

Kanye's social media call-out came after it was rumored Taylor demanded Kanye be moved away from her at the Super Bowl.

The rapper supposedly attempted to upstage Taylor at the event, according to former NFL wide receiver Brandon Marshall.

On his Paper Route podcast, Marshall claimed that Kanye bought seats directly in front of Taylor's suite for the Super Bowl to photobomb her TV appearances.

However, Brandon claimed that Taylor made "a call or two" to get Kanye removed from Allegiant Stadium.
Well, it is not as if West was dating one of the star football players. ;)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Kanye West

He tried to pull a dick move and she blocked him. No problems here.

Except Kanye.

He's a problem.
Volkonski
Verified:

Kanye West

Post by Volkonski »

Kayne West denies claim that Taylor Swift got him kicked out of the Super Bowl

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootba ... super-bowl
“So Kanye West pulls up to the Super Bowl,” Marshall said on his podcast, via the New York Post. “Kanye West buys a ticket right in front of Katy Perry’s booth so anytime they are gonna be showing Katy Perry, Kanye’s face was going to be there — he had a mask on with his logo on the mask.” (Marshall corrected himself to say he meant Taylor Swift, not Katy Perry.)

“So Taylor Swift gets pissed off [and] she makes a call or two — everybody is involved — [and] he gets kicked out the stadium,” Marshall said.

West, through a spokesperson, denied the claim, calling it a “completely fabricated rumor” in remarks to TMZ.com.

It seems plausible that West would try to upstage Swift, given that he has a history of doing precisely that. However, how could Swift or anyone get someone removed from a seat they properly purchased, absent some sort of misbehavior that would have justified removal?

Yes, she has plenty of power and influence. But no one has that much power and influence.
Suranis

Kanye West

Post by Suranis »

Ya, I smell made up story to get clicks.
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “Current Politics”