Proud Boys

Kendra

Proud Boys

Post by Kendra »

@JordanOnRecord
The Proud Boys defense attorneys have so far been cagey about whether their clients are going to testify or how many witnesses they intend on calling. So it's hard to gauge how long their portion of the trial might be. But they've given out estimates of 2 weeks or more.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Proud Boys

Post by Foggy »

More than a year after violently clashing with Portland anti-fascists in the summer of 2021, a judge found Proud Boy Tusitala “Tiny” Toese, 25, guilty on 10 counts in Multnomah County Circuit Court on Thursday.
The literal meaning of this sentence is that the judge was the one who violently clashed with anti-fascists, and then waited a year to convict Tiny.

The error is called a dangling modifier or dangling participle. It is easy to spot and edit. I fear for the future of the English language. :roll:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
pipistrelle

Proud Boys

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:36 pm
More than a year after violently clashing with Portland anti-fascists in the summer of 2021, a judge found Proud Boy Tusitala “Tiny” Toese, 25, guilty on 10 counts in Multnomah County Circuit Court on Thursday.
The literal meaning of this sentence is that the judge was the one who violently clashed with anti-fascists, and then waited a year to convict Tiny.

The error is called a dangling modifier or dangling participle. It is easy to spot and edit. I fear for the future of the English language. :roll:
You know who does this all the time? Lawyers, that’s who. (I can’t speculate how many times I’ve corrected this in legal docs and explained it to the attorney.)
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Proud Boys

Post by Foggy »

:biggrin:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Proud Boys

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Fiona

Proud Boys

Post by Fiona »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:05 pm I hope those are felonies. The article doesn’t say.
I may be wrong but I believe an assault II falls under Oregons measure 11 law and comes with mandatory minimum sentences.
Kendra

Proud Boys

Post by Kendra »

This doesn't sound good.

HAPPENING NOW !: Proud Boys prosecutors say their production of materials to defense attorneys two nights ago may have involved "a spill of classified information."

They want to send the jury home for the day while they address it (among other issues).

This is a huge morass. Defense thinks prosecutors attempted to withhold crucial evidence about the FBI's handling of the case and are using this claim about a "spill" of classified info as a ploy to delay.

Kelly has sent jury home, parties will spend day discussing fallout.
Kendra

Proud Boys

Post by Kendra »

It's hard to capture in words the intellectual dishonesty of this filing by Dominic PEZZOLA, the Proud Boy whose ignited the Jan. 6 breach of the Capitol, who says the Senate could have simply stayed in session while rioters were in the building.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 79.0_1.pdf
Kendra

Proud Boys

Post by Kendra »

@alanfeuer
Proud Boys sedition trial update: On Jan. 6 at 7:52pm defendant Zach Rehl texted his mom.

Mom: You ok sweetheart?
Rehl: I’m ok!...Seems like our raid of the Capitol set off a chain reaction of events throughout the country. I’m so f*cking proud.
Kendra

Proud Boys

Post by Kendra »

Some stuff that I believe was shown in court yesterday. NSFW, especially the video.
"I was part of fuckin' storming the Capitol of the most powerful country in the fucking world, and you're gonna lecture me on what is important right now? Shut the fuck up!" — drunken Proud Boy Ethan Nordean after Jan. 6

"BE SMART!!!! WE ARE NOW DOMESTIC TERRORISTS"
Kendra

Proud Boys

Post by Kendra »

Kyle Cheney
@kyledcheney
HAPPENING NOW in the Proud Boys trial:

Discussion about whether Eddie Block, camerman who filmed Proud Boys march, can bring service dog onto the witness stand.

AUSA Jason McCullough emphasizes "The government is pro-dog."
noblepa

Proud Boys

Post by noblepa »

Kendra wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:26 am Some stuff that I believe was shown in court yesterday. NSFW, especially the video.
"I was part of fuckin' storming the Capitol of the most powerful country in the fucking world, and you're gonna lecture me on what is important right now? Shut the fuck up!" — drunken Proud Boy Ethan Nordean after Jan. 6

"BE SMART!!!! WE ARE NOW DOMESTIC TERRORISTS"
At least one of the rioters had enough sense to realize that posting home-made videos of themselves attacking the capitol was a bad idea.

Fortunately, few of his fellow insurrectionists followed his advice.
pipistrelle

Proud Boys

Post by pipistrelle »

It wasn’t the feds who were embarrassed.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Proud Boys

Post by Phoenix520 »

You gotta love it. Chased away from a Drag Queen Story Hour.

“I came to intimidate people, not get the shit beat out of me” is a more accurate statement.

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Proud Boys

Post by raison de arizona »

“GO BACK TO LONG ISLAND!” Lol!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Proud Boys

Post by Kendra »

@kyledcheney
HAPPENING NOW: Eddie Block and his St. Bernard have taken the stand at the Proud Boys trial.
Kendra

Proud Boys

Post by Kendra »

Donald Trump in witness box at #ProudBoys trial.

NEW: Yet another wrinkle in the ongoing Proud Boys seditious conspiracy case as the defense says they've just learned for the first time that a witness they expected to call tomorrow has been a CHS since April 2021. Story to come, link for now: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 17.0_3.pdf
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Proud Boys

Post by raison de arizona »

for anyone who (like me) didn't recognize the acronym
CHS = law enforcement Confidential Human Source
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Proud Boys

Post by Slim Cognito »

TY
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Proud Boys

Post by neonzx »

Yes, thank you. How the heck am I supposed to know what CHS was if the reporter didn't define it?
Dave from down under

Proud Boys

Post by Dave from down under »

It must really burn to learn that your terrorist organisation has been infiltrated and/or members turned.

:twisted:
Kendra

Proud Boys

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:23 pm for anyone who (like me) didn't recognize the acronym
CHS = law enforcement Confidential Human Source
Thank you. I think I learned that one while watching the Bundy/Refuge kerfuffles.
scirreeve

Proud Boys

Post by scirreeve »

LOL - is it a Fabio/Killman thingy? Bundy reference.
Kendra

Proud Boys

Post by Kendra »

Trial for today is canceled after yesterday's revelation that a defense witness was working as an informant. The attorneys will be in court this afternoon instead for a hearing about it.
Kendra

Proud Boys

Post by Kendra »

UPDATE: Joe Biggs’ attorney Norm Pattis just asked Corcoran if he’d accept service of a subpoena to Trump for testimony in the Proud Boys trial. Corcoran told him he “wasn’t authorized” to accept it, Pattis says.

Return to “White Supremacists and Neo-Fascists”