Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

tats got any?

Slim Cognito
Verified:

tats got any?

Post by Slim Cognito »

Forgive the blotchy old lady skin but this tat is close to 30 years old. It's one of my designs and my favorite of all my tats. The fairy wings have no black line. It was just a ombre mix of pink, purple and blue originally and was once very pretty. I keep thinking I should go in and see if there's any way to freshen the wings up. The black line has held up incredibly though.
PXL_20221126_233942356.jpg
PXL_20221126_233942356.jpg (285 KiB) Viewed 714 times
I intentionally placed it high on my upper arm so it could be hidden by the average short sleeve. I was working in-house at a hospital and tattoos were a big no no back then.

I also have a delicate mermaid bracelet (my flash) thin enough to hide beneath a thick watch band. I loved it but it's also about 30 years old and has seen too much sun. Sadly it hasn't held up well.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

tats got any?

Post by Slim Cognito »

This is my newest tat, only a few months old. I was feeling Rebellious last summer and I decided to get this because, damn it, I like the flash. It's not my design though.

The artist tried to talk me into flipping the design around so other people could see it when I extended my arm but that's not why I wanted it. She explained that I was placing the flash upside down, to which I replied, not to me. She then off centered it slightly so I don't have to twist my wrist to get the full view. A lot of people have great tats that they can't see, me included. This one is only for me.
PXL_20221126_234431277.jpg
PXL_20221126_234431277.jpg (206.97 KiB) Viewed 708 times
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Fiona

tats got any?

Post by Fiona »

sad-cafe wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:24 pm this makes 3 for me....What do think?
Love it. I have 5.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

tats got any?

Post by Slim Cognito »

Which reminds me of a story... about 40 years ago first hubby and I hung with a couple. The guy had a black scorpion tattooed on his inner left elbow. After a night of, let's say, cuddling, she'd wake to that scorpion in her face and scream.
Fiona

tats got any?

Post by Fiona »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:43 pm Forgive the blotchy old lady skin but this tat is close to 30 years old. It's one of my designs and my favorite of all my tats. The fairy wings have no black line. It was just a ombre mix of pink, purple and blue originally and was once very pretty. I keep thinking I should go in and see if there's any way to freshen the wings up. The black line has held up incredibly though.PXL_20221126_233942356.jpg

I intentionally placed it high on my upper arm so it could be hidden by the average short sleeve. I was working in-house at a hospital and tattoos were a big no no back then.

I also have a delicate mermaid bracelet (my flash) thin enough to hide beneath a thick watch band. I loved it but it's also about 30 years old and has seen too much sun. Sadly it hasn't held up well.
Love that one too!!!!
Fiona

tats got any?

Post by Fiona »

Shoot… pics of mine are too big to post. But I have 2 3/4 sleeves, a large one on my thigh, ribs and a silky dumb one on my upper hip.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

tats got any?

Post by Slim Cognito »

The only one I really regret is on my foot. Not only did hurt like a mofo, it took forever to heal.

On top of that, I let the artist talk me into an embellishment I didn't request. My design was a basic butterfly, simple and stylized as is my MO. He swore few clouds in the background would pull it together.

Narrator: It did not.

Also a decades-old tattoo, with age and exposure it's just a big ink blot now. If tattoo removal wasn't even more painful than the tat, I'd have that one removed.
derevan

tats got any?

Post by derevan »

I got my first tattoo at 48 years old. I was so into it that sitting in the chair I was talking to the tattoer about getting the next one in a couple months. That was on March 8, 2020. A week later, every tattoo parlor in LA shut down.

I have my next appointment to get my next one in Jan 2023. I can't wait.
Attachments
thumbnail_IMG_0996.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0996.jpg (185.6 KiB) Viewed 651 times
sad-cafe

tats got any?

Post by sad-cafe »

Fiascoist wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:36 pm Very pretty and unique. Did you design it?
I have five from radiation markers, do those count?
i drew the original but the tatto guy made it much better
sad-cafe

tats got any?

Post by sad-cafe »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:44 pm Love it! Very subtle. Meaning?

I have some I’ll share another day.
l play music
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

tats got any?

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I love tattoo art. The Kid has several tattoos. Firstborn Son doesn't have any to my knowledge. Neither do Hubby and I. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

tats got any?

Post by Frater I*I »

Strangely enough, 2 years in the Corps, and 7 years in the game, never got one.

Could be because of my grandiose idea of getting my two zodiac signs facing off against each other in yakuza body shirt style... :shrug:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

tats got any?

Post by Flatpoint High »

I have 2:
A red dragonfly and area tailed hawk with mountain lion draped on its back
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

tats got any?

Post by poplove »

I don't have any and was never interested. I didn't want to make a decision on a design I would have to look at for the rest of my life as well decide where to put it. Sometimes I joke that my body is a temple, not a billboard. ;)
Wintermute
Verified:

tats got any?

Post by Wintermute »

That’s why I put them on my back.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

tats got any?

Post by Foggy »

I almost got one.

It would have said "Oil here" with an arrow pointing to my belly button.

It would have been totally obsolete many years ago.

Nobody under 50 would get it.

Nobody sells mechanical toys anymore that say "Oil here" and have an arrow to show you where the toy needs to be oiled. Those were quality toys that deserved to be maintained. Toys are cheap crap now, if they need lubrication you throw them away and tell momma you need a new one.

Oh well. :|
Out from under. :thumbsup:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

tats got any?

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:40 pm I almost got one.
You still have time.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

tats got any?

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, only now I want one that says

MAGAGA 2024

Can you get a blinking tattoo? :confuzzled:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
humblescribe
Verified:

tats got any?

Post by humblescribe »

My grandpa (1891-1981) had tattoos on both his forearms courtesy a weekend liberty when he was about 17. By the time I was a lad, they had faded mostly into a big blur. He said, "Boy, don't ever mark up your body with ink," when I was about seven or eight.

I've never considered getting one for myself. I am sure that there have been remarkable advancements in this sort of thing from those notorious days early in the 20th Century.

For me personally, they are a distraction. My eyes would rove from that person's face (if we are close and conversing) or to that person's entire body (if we are somewhat apart.) I'd be thinking: What does that represent? Why there and not elsewhere? Lemme see...so far I count four; I wonder if there are others.

Doubtless they are artistic. Doubtless for many they tell a story or have a special meaning. Doubtless they are a source of comfort or individuality. But they are not something that appeal to me.

I still can hear Groucho Marx singing about Lydia. . . . . :blackeye:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Patagoniagirl

tats got any?

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I hate needles and pain, so I don't have any. But when my son's were 16 and 17, they wanted to each get a tattoo. I said no. They whined for weeks, "But grandma has THREE"! Mister took them when they were 17 and 18. When youngest got married, he and his wife got wedding tattoos.

I don't find tattoos off-putting at all, except face tats. And I found that people most often have a story they'd like to share.
MsDaisy
Verified:

tats got any?

Post by MsDaisy »

When I was a kid the one person in the whole fam damily that (as far as I was concerned) belonged exclusively to me (and still does) is my dearly beloved (now long retired) Naval Master Chief Uncle Buddy. He has Hula girls tattooed on his chest and lots of other tats on his arms and legs. When he was older and regretted some of his younger choices he warned me when I was young to never ever get one because "the damn things will never come off and you will be sorry for it eventually". LOL! And so I never did.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

tats got any?

Post by Slim Cognito »

Back when I was a teenager, 17 or so, I was told in no uncertain terms that only bad girls get tattoos.

I took that as a challenge.
Patagoniagirl

tats got any?

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:16 pm Back when I was a teenager, 17 or so, I was told in no uncertain terms that only bad girls get tattoos.

I took that as a challenge.
^and why I love you!!!!
boogiebach

tats got any?

Post by boogiebach »

I got my first tattoo in April at the age of 56.

My mom and brother's names with a semicolon in front of them (they both killed themselves in separate events many years ago).

In early October, I had two tears added to that tattoo and added another one - a "bird" I've been doodling since I was a kid and a little sunflower.

I'm working now on one with coordinates of a place important to me. some drawings will be added to that in January.

I've always been fascinated by tats but was worried about what I'd think when I got older. Well, now I'm older and I love them and the fact that my mom and brother are with me always
coordinates.jpg
coordinates.jpg (208.94 KiB) Viewed 423 times
bird.jpg
bird.jpg (6.35 KiB) Viewed 423 times
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

tats got any?

Post by neonzx »

So I thought about this in more depth. And doing a mental walk through of family linage going back a couple generations (blood DNA linage, not married into family). None, except one of my sisters has a tat. (and it's like a tiny flower on her toe and she's not happy with it anymore).

I had an uncle, back in his day, he rode with bikers -- and it seems that's a thing, tats and biker. Uncle had none.

A cousin who was in the service, Airbone. No tats either (but has lots of guns and is a Trumper).

There must be something in the DNA.

I have a friend who is a couple years younger than me. He had a tat on his back over his right shoulder blade. It may have looked good at the time he got it (20 years old) but in his 50s it's saggy/warped and faded into an ashtray color gray -- oh, and had a woman''s name on it. Guys, free advice, don't ink yourself with a girls name unless it is your momma's. Anyway, he had an artist come to his house and cover over it in full color. Looks not bad I guess for a tat.

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”