Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

thanksgivingpie.jpg
thanksgivingpie.jpg (430.78 KiB) Viewed 826 times
This is retroactive to Canada's Thanksgiving as well. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Te everyone celebrating today, may you have a very blessed Thanksgiving!
AndyinPA
Verified:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by AndyinPA »

"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
MN-Skeptic

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Happy Thanksgiving!

I was planning on just being at home today, setting up my new computer, when my sister-in-law called Tuesday evening to say that their plans had changed. Instead of going to her mother's, her mother is coming to their place, so I was also invited to spend Thanksgiving with them. Poor SIL... she had to buy all the Thanksgiving food yesterday for the six of us who will be at their house.

Safe travels to all of you who will be on the road.

(By the way, I refuse to plan Christmas music on the one hour trip down, but I'll probably listen to it on the way home.)
realist

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by realist »

5209BCDB-8562-425F-994D-6886089B6932.jpeg
5209BCDB-8562-425F-994D-6886089B6932.jpeg (19.21 KiB) Viewed 800 times
Image X 4
Image X 32
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by Greatgrey »

Apparently it’s unconstitutional to discuss politics today, according to Trump’s lawyer.

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Danraft

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by Danraft »

Happy Turkey Day!
I may have gone out Thanksgiving caroling last night… all those great Thanksgiving songs!
Kendra

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by Kendra »

Happy Thanksgiving all. LOL, I forgot to turn the alarm off this morning. What a rude awakening, made worse by the phone being on a hard surface, so alarm music and VIBRATE. Sigh.
Annrc
Verified:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by Annrc »

Happy Thanksgiving!
Volkonski
Verified:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by Volkonski »

Happy Thanksgiving from Texoma! :biggrin:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Patagoniagirl

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by Patagoniagirl »

My favorite holiday. Just about being thankful. And I am thankful, for one thing, to my Fogbow friends. For the love, compassion and snark, info, links, and words of encouragement. Strange as it might sound, it was often the most safe place to cry, btch and laugh.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Chilidog

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by Chilidog »

who wants seconds on the green goop?
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by Maybenaut »

happy Thanksgiving, y’all! We’re having Mexican food here today at Maybelot. thanksgiving is supposed to be a day of thanks, not a day of eating food you don’t like. So we took a vote, and it was unanimous. Everyone wanted Mexican! But in a nod to tradition, we’re going to have stuffing. Will have regular stuffing, because that’s what the 13-year-old wants. but I think I’ll also make some Mexican spiced stuffing.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by jez »

Happy Carb-Overload day!

Normally the roommate goes to the parentals a couple of hours north, but this year decided against it. So, my day of quiet is gone. :bored:

In other news, she is making some ham in the crockpot (chunks of ham with beer and pineapple in the pot; sounds off, but it's actually quite good). There will be box stuffing (because I can't make a small amount and won't make it without giblets), mashed taters, roasted taters (cuz I'm not a fan of mashed), roasted brussels sprouts, and a pecan pie. All to nosh on throughout the day. No formal dinner, etc.

I hope everyone is enjoying the day. May you get the blessings you wish for.

And in the vein of the holiday: I'm thankful for this forum. It does help me keep my anxiety about the world at large in check. Thanks be to you all. :bighug:
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Phoenix520
Verified:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by Phoenix520 »

:bighug:
Happy Thanksgiving! We are two fewer than planned. My bro started driving from the Bay Area and turned back. He has bronchitis. So he and his Dale aren’t coming. Now I have to figure out what to do with my Saturday tix to Maloof House. Maybenaut? We’re down to 4 1/2 - Sprout has to work, gets off at 8.

I wonder if there are other online communities who have known each other as long and as well as we do? I’m so grateful for what each of you brings to our Fogbow table. 💙🦋

Eat as much as you will!!
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by Foggy »

Happy T-day, peeps.

I already did an hour of BodyCombat :boxing: and walked two miles with ol' Wifehorn and Number One Son, a couple things for which I am truly, truly grateful, but also a little tired. It's a glorious day in November in Raleigh, lots of fall colors but also 65°and sunny with no wind, so not exactly chilly. Okay, call it a perfect autumn wonderland, walking along the river with my wife and son. It does NOT get any better than that.

I spent the first hours of the day wondering why the hell it was Saturday. :?

It turned out not to be Saturday. :kiss:

Anyway, I know some of y'all are going through a rough patch at the present time, and I do not celebrate Thanksgiving because some deity provided good luck and gourds to our Puritan ancestors or whatnot when they were undocumented immigrants. I just celebrate whatever I'm grateful for. I hope all our people are going to get well/help others get well/get through whatever, and get back to leading happy Fogbow lives. :lovestruck: :bighug:

I have a theory that I will expound upon someday, that everything in my life is a miracle. This computer, this room and everything in it, this house, this town, every little thing and every big thing, is a miracle. If I had a lifetime, I couldn't make the perfect steel coffee cup I'm drinking out of this afternoon, I'd have to dig the ore and smelt it and do another eleventy million things and I would still never be able to make this coffee cup, so it's a miracle that I get to drink out of it. You'd think it might make me religious, but no.

Happy Thanksgiving. :bighug:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by bill_g »

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Since we're both sick and no house guests, we're keeping it simple: roasted chicken, mash taters, candied yams, stuffing, green beans, bisquits, and pumpkin pie ... in smaller quantities. It's about a third of what we would usually prepare.

Cleaned house Monday and Tuesday including getting out the ladder and shop vac with its twelve foot hose to reach the cupboard tops and behind the fridge. It's an annual thing. Got 'er done.

Wednesday was shopping and baking. We got most everything over the last few last weeks as the sales came out. Just got some last minute essentials like a fresh carton of milk. Got the chicken done, deboned, and in the serving pan to be heated gently today. Two nine inch pies done. Yams baked and gussied up with maple syrup, cloves, and nutmeg.

This morning cut up all the herbs and veggies for the stuffing. We're using celery from the garden this year for the first time. Never had a successful crop until this year. Amazing tasty compared to store bought. Taters are cut up and waiting to get boiled. Same with green beans. Dishes done and kitchen cleaned up already, and it's barely 10AM.

All I have left to do is heat everything up, make some bisquits, and eat dinner with my best and longest friend.

Enjoy!
MsDaisy
Verified:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by MsDaisy »

Yes, Happy Turkey Day to all the Fogbozers and their families! We drove up to Philadelphia from Virginia (horror show of a ride) on Tuesday to be with my Mister's cousins. These guys are so much fun, they all talk at the same time and at times argue about everything! :lol:

I made apple pie :biggrin:
Apple Pie.jpeg
Apple Pie.jpeg (44.7 KiB) Viewed 731 times
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by bill_g »

Yum!
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by neonzx »

Maybenaut wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:10 pm happy Thanksgiving, y’all! We’re having Mexican food here today at Maybelot. thanksgiving is supposed to be a day of thanks, not a day of eating food you don’t like. So we took a vote, and it was unanimous. Everyone wanted Mexican! But in a nod to tradition, we’re going to have stuffing. Will have regular stuffing, because that’s what the 13-year-old wants. but I think I’ll also make some Mexican spiced stuffing.
LOVE IT!!! Where do I sign-up for an invite next year?

So tired of "traditional" dead bird improperly over/undercooked in the oven with trimmings and side dishes...

W. Kevin Vicklund

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

No turkey coma for me today; I have an EEG tomorrow morning at 10 and I'm not allowed to get any sleep beforehand. Fun!
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by poplove »

Just me, hubby, and adult daughter, as usual. Turkey tenderlions because I couldn't find a turkey breast, mashed potatoes made yesterday in the instant pot, oven roasted brussels sprouts, gravy, sesame bread, and mini pecan pie tarts with vanilla ice cream. I don't have a lot of cooking energy this year so half the menu is fresh and the other half store bought.
Phoenix520
Verified:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by Phoenix520 »

How it going otherwise, poppy? I got COVID on this day last year. I’m looking around corners in case it’s lurking again. :?
humblescribe
Verified:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by humblescribe »

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

For the past two dozen years or so, my wife's sister (she lives a half mile from us) would host Thanksgiving. It was a small affair, me, wife, her sis, our son (if he was not with his GF's family), my SIL's best friend, her husband, and a shirttail cousin of her late husband's and her husband.

Her best friend's husband is a reactionary who is a champion of the 2A. Always carries. OK, we have a few laughs during the afternoon. We avoid polly ticks, obviously. But everyone there knows that my wife and I loathed tfg and lean left (but aren't too far left.) So, last year we start off dinner with the husband saying grace. He has become a latter-day Christian. OK, fine, we all bow our head for the standard recitation.

Dinner goes well. Dessert goes well. While I was gathering up the dishes to help redd the table, this guy (all 6'2" of him) jumps out of his seat and starts to attack me verbally about all the Confederate statues that were being taken down and removed or even destroyed. He was accusing me and my elk of being aligned with this movement that was occurring in the South and mid-Atlantic states. His wife heard and saw the whole thing. I got my wife; we said goodbye, and we went home.

Needless to say we are not attending Thanksgiving with her sister any longer. My wife is firmly in my corner; she does not like the guy either. What I just do not understand is that this guy talks to his wife. She talks to my SIL. My SIL talks to my wife. My wife talks to me. If he were contrite and regretted his outbursts, all he had to do was stop by the house (they live about 1/2 mile away), or call me. He is of the belief that real men do not apologize.

So there we are. Our son is coming over Friday for dinner. It will be cozy. Beef tenderloin, smashed potatoes, Brussels sprouts, salad, homemade dinner rolls and the Ina Garten decadent chocolate mocha cake with buttercream frosting. The cake is baked; frosting tomorrow.

All y'all enjoy wherever and with whomever you are with!
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Post by poplove »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:38 pm How it going otherwise, poppy? I got COVID on this day last year. I’m looking around corners in case it’s lurking again. :?
I just posted on the covid thread. Hubby has it now which I figured would happen. He's functioning but his brain is a little foggier than usual (he has dementia.) Not sure if it's the covid or the cold meds or both.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”