Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Donald J. Trump 2024

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump is going to announce 2024 presidential run on Tuesday, former senior adviser says

David Knowles·Senior Editor
Fri, November 11, 2022 at 11:11 PM

Former President Donald Trump will announce Tuesday that he will launch a third White House bid, according to a former senior Trump adviser.

Jason Miller was interviewed Friday on former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon's podcast and asserted that Tuesday's "special announcement" would confirm Trump's early entry into the presidential field.

"President Trump is going to announce on Tuesday that he's running for president and it's going to be a very professional, very buttoned-up announcement," Miller said, adding that a run-through of the event took place at Trump's Mar-a-Lago home and country club Friday morning.

Miller added that he talked to Trump "on the golf course" about his decision to run.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-is-goi ... 56153.html
RTH10260

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump intends to launch presidential campaign on Tuesday

Fin Gómez
Fri, November 11, 2022 at 11:02 PM

Former President Donald Trump intends to launch his 2024 presidential campaign on Tuesday, not an exploratory committee or anything less, sources close to Trump say.

The former president, who has said he'll make a "big" announcement Tuesday night, has been calling around and telling associates of his current plan. A senior adviser told CBS News that, in Trump's mind, it would look weak if he didn't launch his campaign and instead announced an exploratory committee.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-intend ... 00970.html
(original CBS News)
RTH10260

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by RTH10260 »

and of course
Ivanka Trump Reportedly Reached a Firm Decision on How Involved She'll Be in Donald Trump's Rumored 2024 Campaign

Kristyn Burtt
Fri, November 11, 2022 at 10:00 PM

With Donald Trump reportedly announcing his third run for president next week, it should be all hands on deck for the adult children in his family. Yet if new reports ring true, the former president’s entourage will look much different than it did during his administration — it seems that daughter Ivanka Trump has quietly exited the MAGA train.

A source told CNN that Donald Trump shouldn’t expect to see Ivanka campaign for him this time around. “(Ivanka) would never go back to that life,” an insider revealed. “She knows it’s not something that would serve her or her family at this point.” Ivanka and Jared Kushner packed their three kids up after Donald Trump lost the 2020 election and never looked back on their time in Washington, D.C. They now call Miami home, where a second source noted that Ivanka closed her political playbook “the day she left” and her dad’s 2024 run won’t change her mind.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ivanka-trump ... 53308.html
(original SheKnows)
AndyinPA
Verified:

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by AndyinPA »

I'll bet he thinks this will take the heat off him.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
W. Kevin Vicklund

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

How about this scenario: DeathSentence wins Repugnican nomination, but OSG pivots to a third party campaign, sucking votes away and leading to Dem victory. :daydreaming:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by Kriselda Gray »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:01 pm How about this scenario: DeathSentence wins Repugnican nomination, but OSG pivots to a third party campaign, sucking votes away and leading to Dem victory. :daydreaming:
Yeah, he could create the MAGA party. Then he could run candidates in a bunch of state races and suck votes away there, too.
Danraft

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by Danraft »

MAGAs will find someone with the tone (combative, etc) of Trump if Trump fades away. They are a force unto themselves. They will still cause the GOP primaries to put forth extreme candidates. They do not like institutions or authority groups— and that includes the party’s goal of having power no matter what… (The GOP did not go against Trump until recently when he was not providing the path to the reins of power)

This means the GOP will have no choice but to try to harness the voting group of MAGAs. If Trump is that path, they will use him. If he isn’t, they will continue to spread crazy memes, claim the Democrats will destroy the country, etc.

Trump still has a better “finger on the pulse” of the dark underbelly of American politics. One can conjecture that he really did have hopes of becoming President-for-life or a dynasty of his making. If he is that person, he will not follow any advise and will run 2024. He will announce before the Georgia recount. He will be that disruptive person not following norms during debates.

But, he needs a platform to have a voice. So, I conjecture that how this plays out depends on whether he gets reinstated on Twitter or finds other means of maintaining the spot light on him. He has already continued doing rallies. No ex-president has done this. In fact, no president had the continual Trump rallies during their own presidency as Trump.

That matters because he is playing to his strength of understanding how the Electoral College system works and the disenchantment of “fly-over-country” because they feel no one is listening to them and that they do not have a voice.

The current method of “maximizing returns” of allocation of campaign money only to areas where there is a good chance of winning is suicide for the Democratic Party.

At minimum, the Democratic Party should be buying ad space and running generic ( or using really good analytic tools—-better specific ads) that give at least a voice of reality to who the Democratic Party is—ON FOX NEWS.

To not do so, is what we have— “the Democrats hate America”. That is the perception in much of rural America. Show that the party is aware of the concerns of rural America. Their needs are different than metropolitan residents. But, their concerns are legitimate.

IMHO, Trump will run.

What the GOP and the Democratic Party does with that is important.

In MY rural area in Michigan, Tudor Dixon won and the abortion rights thing failed. But in some areas, Tudor Dixon won and the abortion rights amendment passed.

What do people really care about in each region is significantly different. Yet, again, IMHO, the Democratic Party is offering solutions. Encouraging the US manufacture of silicone chips to America—something that Makes America Great, is important.

I could go on… take what you will…
pipistrelle

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by pipistrelle »

Danraft wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:48 pm To not do so, is what we have— “the Democrats hate America”. That is the perception in much of rural America. Show that the party is aware of the concerns of rural America. Their needs are different than metropolitan residents. But, their concerns are legitimate.
When you look at their feeds, their concerns are DEMOCRATIC CITIES ARE BURNING, OMG the children, IMMIGRANT HORDES, crime (even if the crimes they witness every day are spouses beating each other up and they ignore those, but more urban crimes), etc. Oh, and GUNS GUNS GUNS. At least these are the topics in the rural areas I know. Not a lot about jobs (they gave up on manufacturing decades ago), future of farming, etc. Gas prices always a concern, but not so much they can't ignore inconvenient facts like how high they've been in the past, they're high worldwide, and Brandon doesn't have a gas price button on the Resolute Desk.

And to fair, "Democrats hate America" has been the mantra in those rural areas I know since I was a kid. The tone is ratcheted up post-Tea Party, but it's been there my whole aware life.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by Foggy »

I think it comes down to racism.

It did in my state, where the Democratic candy date for Senate was incredibly much more qualified to represent the state in the national legislature than the Republican, but ... she was a black woman. So she lost.

And Stacey Abrams. I rest my case.

And we now know, a significant percentage of the American electorate is composed of white racist scum. I think at least 20%, maybe more. They can't win elections by themselves, but they can influence elections.

But the yoots are less racist than the olds. There's hope. I guess. :(
Out from under. :thumbsup:
pipistrelle

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:38 am But the yoots are less racist than the olds. There's hope. I guess. :(
How do you define yoots? It surprised me how many of the insurrectionists were under 40.
Foggy
Dick Tater

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, the yoots I know are 23 and 21.

But I don't think the assholes at J6 are representative of the under 40s.

I'm gonna stick around long enough to find out. :smoking:
pipistrelle

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:51 am Yeah, the yoots I know are 23 and 21.

But I don't think the assholes at J6 are representative of the under 40s.

I'm gonna stick around long enough to find out. :smoking:
I say that because many years ago I read a book about how much less racist and more pro-LGBT youths were and becoming less so every day, and those youths are now about the age of many those who attacked democracy. I can hope they're not representative.
sad-cafe

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by sad-cafe »

I think acceptance grows more and more each year. At least what I’ve noticed with my students year over year
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by Ben-Prime »

sad-cafe wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:42 am I think acceptance grows more and more each year. At least what I’ve noticed with my students year over year
Hence the increased pushback on education as cultural indoctrination. Always been there, but more pronounced and dangerous now. Because the stakes are going up.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by Reality Check »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:01 pm How about this scenario: DeathSentence wins Repugnican nomination, but OSG pivots to a third party campaign, sucking votes away and leading to Dem victory. :daydreaming:
I think that not only could but likely would play out if Trump loses the nomination.
AndyinPA
Verified:

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by AndyinPA »

I heard some talking head saying that she thought DeSantis could never be a serious contender as he has a lot of baggage. I'm not so sure. republicans seems to be able to carry a lot of baggage and survive quite fine.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
SuzieC
Verified:

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by SuzieC »

FWIW (not much) outgoing Sen. Rob Portman told the Columbus Dispatch that he doesn't think Trump will run.
AndyinPA
Verified:

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by AndyinPA »

SuzieC wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:25 pm FWIW (not much) outgoing Sen. Rob Portman told the Columbus Dispatch that he doesn't think Trump will run.
Michael Cohen agrees.
Foggy
Dick Tater

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by Foggy »

AndyinPA wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:12 pm I heard some talking head saying that she thought DeSantis could never be a serious contender as he has a lot of baggage.
But Charlie Crist was too much of a gentleman to use it.

Yep.

Does that talking head have any bridges to sell?
Suranis

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by Suranis »

Trump gets a lot more publicity by announcing that he is going to announce than actually announcing. So he will just not announce and then announce he will be announcing in 2 weeks. Rinse repeat for 4 years.
Hic sunt dracones
MN-Skeptic

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I'm of the opinion that Trump will announce his candidacy this month. I firmly believe that Trump believes that his announcement will put a hold on all lawsuits against him. He will certainly use that argument in any filing challenging those lawsuits. And with the Trumpian judges he'll target, he does have a chance of winning that argument.

Even if the lawsuits are not affected, Trump needs to be the center of attention. He needs to have a reason to keep holding his rallies. He needs to be ahead of any rivals who might announce.

I think the perceived upsides for Trump outweigh any downsides for him. He'll announce.
Foggy
Dick Tater

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, this isn't like Infrastructure Week. It's way more important than the infrastructure of the United States of America, actually. :smoking:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by keith »

Foggy wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:38 am But the yoots are less racist than the olds. There's hope. I guess. :(
Yeah, there is hope.

But we used to say that about our generation too, did we not?

What happened to flower power can happen again.

Especially considering the war on education of the last few decades.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
humblescribe
Verified:

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by humblescribe »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:54 pm I'm of the opinion that Trump will announce his candidacy this month. I firmly believe that Trump believes that his announcement will put a hold on all lawsuits against him. He will certainly use that argument in any filing challenging those lawsuits. And with the Trumpian judges he'll target, he does have a chance of winning that argument.

Even if the lawsuits are not affected, Trump needs to be the center of attention. He needs to have a reason to keep holding his rallies. He needs to be ahead of any rivals who might announce.

I think the perceived upsides for Trump outweigh any downsides for him. He'll announce.
Most litigation has a statute of limitations. Cases must be brought to trial, filed, or must be completed within a set number of years. There are exceptions, of course that will "toll" (I think that is the correct term) the SOL. I don't think that a candidacy for public office qualifies as an excuse for tolling the SOL. But then I am not Judge Loose Cannon.

I don't think that any putative candidacy will stop any potential criminal charges filed against him, either. The official nominee is not determined until August 2024. I would think that any judge would deny any motion to cease any and all litigation against him until he is regrettably declared the winner of the presidential election in November.

That said, I think he will tease us next week. The RNC said they would stop paying his legal bills once he announces his candidacy. If there is one thing more important to tfg than President, it is money. He still has plenty of time to announce once his legal problems are behind him (assuming that they are resolved one way or another.)
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by Ben-Prime »

humblescribe wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:51 pm Most litigation has a statute of limitations. Cases must be brought to trial, filed, or must be completed within a set number of years. There are exceptions, of course that will "toll" (I think that is the correct term) the SOL. I don't think that a candidacy for public office qualifies as an excuse for tolling the SOL. But then I am not Judge Loose Cannon.
Didn't he try making the argument that his time as President tolled matters for purposes of his own lawsuits against other people? i.e., "I was too busy presidenting!" The argument failed, of course, and while I get there are distinguishable differences, I would hope the same judicial philosophy prevails.
humblescribe wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:51 pm I don't think that any putative candidacy will stop any potential criminal charges filed against him, either. The official nominee is not determined until August 2024. I would think that any judge would deny any motion to cease any and all litigation against him until he is regrettably declared the winner of the presidential election in November.
The case should run its course until an inauguration, IMHO.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"

Return to “US President”