Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Donald J. Trump 2024

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Donald J. Trump 2024 (low energy)

Post by Foggy »

He didn't get enough publicity.

I think he should announce again tonight.

Sometimes you gotta repeat things to make them sink in. :oldman:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Just my arrogant opinion trump v DeSantis from a Floridian. DeSantis will have all the horrible policies with none of the entertaining gaffes. DeSantis is scum of the earth but he's smart enough to kinda sorta keep it hidden (yelling at teenagers notwithstanding).

Down here, after Irma, DeSantis managed to convince most of these idiots that all that $$ (they got from FEMA) came from him. I saw sign after sign thanking DeSantis and not one single one thanking FEMA, who passed out food, ice, water and helped with housing while DeSantis put on his go go boots and took credit. He pulled it off. Probably why he was reelected in a landslide v the close shave four years ago.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Sp apperenty Trump tried to improve on the slogan that he never actually came up with last night.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-t ... ce04694b20
In order to make America great and glorious again I’m announcing my candidacy for president of the United States,” Trump declared at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Florida.
And thus the new slogan #MAGAGA was born.
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

#MAGAGA :rotflmao:
The Mouse has spoken!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:59 pm
Ummm, who are the military-looking guys behind him clapping?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:44 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:59 pm https://youtu.be/23bjJuhuxH0
Ummm, who are the military-looking guys behind him clapping?
Gov. DeSantis announces program to recruit veterans for teaching roles in Florida Panhandle
DeSantis announced program at Fort Walton Beach High School

FORT WALTON BEACH, Fla. – Gov. Ron DeSantis announced a new program to recruit veterans for teaching positions at schools in Florida’s Panhandle.

“Today, I’m directing Commissioner Diaz and Florida (Department of Education) to create a first-of-its-kind purple star school teacher leadership program,” the governor said.
:snippity:
A purple star school is a school recognized in the state for going “above and beyond to help children of military families to succeed.”

“The department will work with the purple star schools in Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, Escambia and Walton counties to set up their own teacher certification and professional development programs,” DeSantis said. “Each school will recruit veterans to take part in the program as they work toward their teaching certificate, with each one given a mentor teacher. They will also recruit veterans to help provide professional development with a focus on the needs of military families.”
:snippity:
https://www.clickorlando.com/news/polit ... ton-beach/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

When I was in 4th grade my teacher had a nervous breakdown. Don’t ask me what it entailed; I was 9.

But our substitute for the entire rest of the year was Col Wallander. We knew we were in deep trouble that first day. After lunch he had us line up in two lines, boys or girls. We wiggled and giggled and he didn’t think much of our discipline so he tried to teach us. “Be completely still. Don’t move, don’t talk. The first one who talks will be responsible for what happens next.” We were 9!!

Our lines weren’t straight. We kept shifting . One guy in the back didn’t hear the Col and said “What?”

We were still out there trying his patience when the bell rang for the next period. And the next one.

We hated him from day 1. Maybe he thought he’d only be there a few days and it didn’t matter, but he never warmed up, he acted like we were reprobates who were bad on purpose when we really just hated being treated like recruits.

Good luck with this Floriduh.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

It’s Day 1 of the Trump Campaign—and His Donors Are Already Exhausted
Trump kicked off his campaign Tuesday night, which means he now can’t touch the money he’s already raised in his Save America PAC. But also means his donors are fair game again.

Roger Sollenberger Political Reporter
Published Nov. 16, 2022 4:55AM ET

When Donald Trump officially announced on Tuesday that he’s running for president again in 2024, the fundraising race reset.

But in many ways, that race never stopped. The former president has been raising money ceaselessly over the last year, and while his massive war chest might seem like an asset, in reality it could also pose some liabilities—especially as Trump tries to lock his grip on an increasingly nervous Republican Party.

The biggest single problem for Trump is that he cannot jumpstart his campaign with any of the money he’s been raising into his flagship Save America leadership PAC, which would otherwise give him an intimidating $70 million advantage.

There’s a hard rule against candidates using leadership PACs to support their own political efforts, so Trump’s campaign can’t touch any of that money. And that fact has led him to adopt some creative, confusing, and possibly unlawful ways of moving it around.

First, Trump created a new campaign committee for his 2024 re-election bid—“Donald J. Trump for President 2024.” That will give the one-term hopeful a more or less clean start on fundraising, albeit with some key structural benefits over his rivals.

One of those advantages is the extensive donor contact list Trump has built up over the years. Trump has used that information to raise money since leaving the White House, but he has to find a way for the new campaign to get its hands on that valuable data—and he doesn’t want to have to pay for it.

The Trump team will solve that problem with a joint fundraising committee, called “Trump Save America Joint Fundraising Committee.” (Not to be confused with Save America, or his Save America Joint Fundraising Committee, of course.) That new group will serve to connect the new campaign to Save America, opening up access to that valuable donor data.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/day-1-of- ... d?ref=home
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump has decided against hiring a campaign manager for 2024 comeback attempt: NYT

Bob Brigham
November 16, 2022

One day after Trump appeared bored at his 2024 kickoff announcement at Mar-a-Lago, the outlines of his 2024 White House campaign are coming into focus.

"Though former President Donald J. Trump has talked of a third run for the White House since before he completed his term, the rollout of his actual candidacy — as the Republican Party grapples with the fallout from midterm losses — has been surprisingly slapdash," The New York Times reported Wednesday. "Despite hosting about 500 people at his Mar-a-Lago home for his kickoff, the campaign did not take the opportunity to also hold a fund-raiser with them. And, behind the scenes, aides have been wrestling with Mr. Trump’s impulse for airing grievances, particularly over the 2020 election, in hopes of keeping him focused on the future."

Trump is reportedly having trouble assembling his campaign team.

"And while the small group of aides and advisers involved in Mr. Trump’s nascent campaign reflects a desire to stay lean, it also reflects how many former aides Mr. Trump has come to disdain — and, in some cases, vice versa," the newspaper reported. "The open and overlapping investigations into Mr. Trump have also chilled the desire of many political operatives to associate too closely with the former president, lest they face possible legal jeopardy themselves, a number of his former aides said — even though Mr. Trump pressed for an early announcement in part out of the belief that it could provide something of a shield against indictment."

The report said communications adviser Boris Epshteyn was likely to play a senior role, even as he provides legal advice to the former president.

Trump has yet to fill key positions and the campaign reportedly does not intend to hire the traditional top position.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-2024-cam ... 658672474/
Tiredretiredlawyer

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/1 ... epublicans
There's a reason Trump rushed to announce his 2024 bid, and it's not just a legal one

During the entirety of Trump's tenure, he hovered right around a 90% favorability rating with GOP voters, but he's finally begun to wear out his welcome.

Focus groups have made clear that the problem isn't Trumpism—Republican voters still like Trump's brash style and own-the-libs vibe. But they want a winner and Trump's a verifiable three-time loser now.

That's why Trump had to seize the moment while one still existed and announce his intentions before the bottom entirely falls out for him.

Now GOP leaders and the party's voters are stuck with the candidacy of someone they no longer want but aren't sure how to defeat. Welcome, Republicans, to your 2024 nightmare.

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:31 pm
Trump has decided against hiring a campaign manager for 2024 comeback attempt: NYT

..."And, behind the scenes, aides have been wrestling with Mr. Trump’s impulse for airing grievances, particularly over the 2020 election, in hopes of keeping him focused on the future."
Trump supporters are still delusional. They somehow believe that Trump is capable of changing. Trump will always be the vindictive whiner he's always been. They may write speeches which omit the whining, the complaints of being a victim, but Trump will always find a way to add those items to his speeches. That is who he is.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:01 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:31 pm

..."And, behind the scenes, aides have been wrestling with Mr. Trump’s impulse for airing grievances, particularly over the 2020 election, in hopes of keeping him focused on the future."
Trump supporters are still delusional. They somehow believe that Trump is capable of changing. Trump will always be the vindictive whiner he's always been. They may write speeches which omit the whining, the complaints of being a victim, but Trump will always find a way to add those items to his speeches. That is who he is.
:yeahthat:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:32 pm https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/1 ... epublicans
Now GOP leaders and the party's voters are stuck with the candidacy of someone they no longer want but aren't sure how to defeat. Welcome, Republicans, to your 2024 nightmare.

[/quote]

Because I luvs me some Muppets.

Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer

Luv those Muppets!!!!
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

[Dimetrodon]
Verified: ✅ From the Permian period!

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

I expect Ron Desantis to replace Trump at this point, as he is like the smarter version of Trump. Pathetically grandstanding to the GQP base while knowing which way political winds blow for a winning strategy.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I disagree for several reasons, but I will mention just the oddest of the group:

I think you are right that "he is like the smarter version of Trump".

But I think part of Trump's appeal was that he was anti-elites, and for all his bragging about how smart he is, his supporters understood that he was no smarter than any of them. He uses 4th grade vocabulary and sentence structure. He is ignorant on a very, very wide range of topics. He really only knows what he told you he knows - person, woman, man, camera, TV. Everything else is a mystery to him. He doesn't understand any of the national secrets he stole. He eats at McDonald's.

Whereas, DeSantis is an elitist swine who extends his pinky. He went to Yale AND Harvard, for god's sake. He knows how to dress. He knows what he can say (most of the time). He eats salads. With the salad fork. He wouldn't ever eat McDonald's.

So, umm ... yeah. He might be a smarter version of Trump, but Trump’s people don't want a smarter version. They don't trust the elites, but they trust him.

Which is insane, but there it is.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

However, in order to be fair to Señor DeSantis, to give him a golden opportunity to prove me wrong, I hereby double-dog dare him to hold a rally, Trump-style in every aspect, in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Let's see if he can get a crowd even as big as Trump’s little crowds have been lately.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

This is why several talking heads are saying that they don't think he's going to translate well to the national stage. Who knows?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

AndyinPA wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:58 pm This is why several talking heads are saying that they don't think he's going to translate well to the national stage. Who knows?
He doesn't seem to have much personality to me, but neither does what's-his-name.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Wait until Fox Noise starts promoting
him bigly (over trump).

Return to “US President”