Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Donald J. Trump 2024

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024 (low energy)

Post by Kriselda Gray »

tek wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:06 am
Off Topic
And now for a Responsible Opposing Viewpoint (remember the Fairness Doctrine?)

I'm currently on a Mounjaro trial. I'm in a telehealth situation on that; I qualified because I'm "pre-diabetic" and technically obese.
The group doing the telehealth is absolutely great. I get questions and comments from my doctor there at least once a week.
I'm down 30lb since October, goal is 50-60lb (about 25% of bodyweight). I'm still about 15lb from being merely 'overweight'. Hopefully I'll get to goal before the financial assistance from Lilly runs out in June, because $1200/mo at retail is not gonna happen.

I'm still on the lowest dose, and it is still working fine for me. The doctor is somewhat surprised by this, most people would have ratcheted up twice by now. I think this is probably because my goal was to use the event of getting on Mounjaro as a catalyst to change my relationship with food, and I think I've done pretty well on that so far; this is what I have to do if I want to be able to maintain.
Off Topic
Congrats on how well you're doing! I have no problem with someone in your situation. For one, monjuro is specifically intended to be used for weight loss, so that actually isn't adding to the problem. And like I said. I don't have a problem with people who really need to lose weight. The ones causing the problem are those who are doing it because of vanity, not for health reasons.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

tek wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:06 am
Off Topic
Hopefully I'll get to goal before the financial assistance from Lilly runs out in June, because $1200/mo at retail is not gonna happen.
► Show Spoiler
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:49 pm
humblescribe wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:26 pm There has been and continues to be a shortage of Adderall.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/adderal ... 50268.html

Maybe tfg has to conserve what few resources he obtains from his supplier.
Off Topic
A friend had to pay out of pocket for name brand since there was no generic available due to the shortage and their insurance wouldn't cover it even though it wasn't their fault they had to get name brand. Lame.
For anyone on any medication I always advised all of my patients to use the Costco pharmacy and you do not have to be a Costco member to access their Pharmacy. The savings are significant, I was on Adderall years ago that at Walmart /CVS and every other Pharmacy I checked and it was right about $120 a month and it wasn’t covered by my insurance. At Costco the same RX was $23.00. :thumbsup:
bob

Post by bob »

:hijacked:
Volkonski wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:21 pm My concern is that a growing number of GOP primary candidates will dilute the anti-Trump votes and enable him to win states with a relatively small plurality.
As if the Republicans have learned nothing from their 2016 primaries?
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

bob wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:26 am
Volkonski wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:21 pm My concern is that a growing number of GOP primary candidates will dilute the anti-Trump votes and enable him to win states with a relatively small plurality.
As if the Republicans have learned nothing from their 2016 primaries?
Even if they’ve learned something, I doubt anyone has a firm enough grip on reins to stop it, once it starts happening. Which I suspect there is a good chance of.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Exactly. The scuttlebutt about hoping he will keel over just shows their magical thinking. I won't deny that I am also hoping he will keel over, but I'm not making life choices or politically significant choices based on my hope this awful pustule will just freaking die already.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Off Topic
much ado wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:16 pm Malt does more than Milton can,
To justify God's ways to Man.
The first time I ever read that quote was in a Spenser detective novel and it spent years on my wall of quotes at university and into my late 20s.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
bob

Post by bob »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:33 am Even if they’ve learned something, I doubt anyone has a firm enough grip on reins to stop it, once it starts happening. Which I suspect there is a good chance of.
Even with McDaniel (still) as the RNC chair, I agree there's not enough of a movement within the party to reform its primary system. The Republicans' preferred winner-takes-most/all is intended to clear the field of lesser candidates quickly, and also to permit a plurality candidate to gain momentum and, eventually, "consensus."

Cf. The DNC is actively discussing switching up its primary schedule, to downweigh New Hampshire and Iowa (small homogenous states), and promote South Carolina, Nevada, and other larger, more diverse states. In an election cycle presumably with no serious opposition.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Y'all know I hate writing about DL2XIT or even opening these topics but didn't expect the back half of the quote and laughed out loud (and need that right now).

“I don’t think it is fair to call Donald Trump a damaged candidate,” said Eric Levine, a top GOP fundraiser who has been calling on the party to move on from Trump since the 2020 election and the uprising at the Capitol. “He is a metastasizing cancer who if he is not stopped is going to destroy the party. Donald Trump is a loser. He is the first president since Hoover to lose the House, the Senate and the presidency in a single term. Because of him Chuck Schumer is the Leader Schumer, and the progressive agenda is threatening to take over the country. And he is probably the only Republican in the country, if not the only person in the country, who can’t beat Joe Biden.”
Politico story about trying to stop him blah blah https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... n-00081944
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

OFFICIAL Trump MAGA 47 hats. NO MORE RED. (that will make all the difference!!). Also see they increased the font size biggly. :lol:
Screenshot_20230211-183404-114.jpg
Screenshot_20230211-183404-114.jpg (89.58 KiB) Viewed 799 times
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

"45-47" the make-believe that he never lost and will be the first evahhh to have "served" three terms :blackeye:
much ado

Post by much ado »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:53 pm "45-47" the make-believe that he never lost and will be the first evahhh to have "served" three terms :blackeye:
FDR was elected four times.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

H/T

and
How FDR Became the First—And Only—President to Serve Four Terms
Before the 22nd Amendment, presidents could run for more than two terms—but only FDR managed to win more than two consecutive elections.

LESLEY KENNEDY
UPDATED:OCT 22, 2019 ORIGINAL:OCT 16, 2019

On November 5, 1940 Franklin D. Roosevelt broke a long-held precedent—one that started with George Washington—when he became the first president elected to a third term. Roosevelt would go on to vie for, and win, yet a fourth term, taking office again on January 20, 1945.

FDR was the first, and last, president to win more than two consecutive presidential elections and his exclusive four terms were in part a consequence of timing. His election for a third term took place as the United States remained in the throes of the Great Depression and World War II had just begun. While multiple presidents had sought third terms before, the instability of the times allowed FDR to make a strong case for stability.

“You have economic-domestic issues and you have foreign policy with the outbreak of World War II in 1939,” says Barbara Perry, professor and director of presidential studies at the University of Virginia’s Miller Center. “And then you have his own political viability—he had won the 1936 election with more than two-thirds of the popular vote.”

Eventually U.S. lawmakers pushed back, arguing that term limits were necessary to keep abuse of power in check. Two years after FDR’s death, Congress passed the 22nd Amendment, limiting presidents to two terms. Then amendment was then ratified in 1951.

https://www.history.com/news/fdr-four-t ... -amendment
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

But I recall Republicans grumbling about the two term limit when they wanted Ronald Reagan to have a third term, so unfair :violin:

Like most Republican proposals, it's only supposed to restrict what their opponents can do!

Just like elections are great, but only if they produce Republican winners.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
FDR was elected 4 times. He didn't serve 4 terms of office. He died very (very) early in his fourth term, and didn't serve 3 months of it.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
tek

Post by tek »

wonder who pockets the grift from those hats.
Also, where they are made.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

tek wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:49 am wonder who pockets the grift from those hats.
Also, where they are made.
Since he announced his candidacy, the allocation has been 99% to his campaign and 1% to his Save America PAC.

I don't know where the hats were made. Printed in the US likely but the hats I dunno.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

ACT NOW! CONTRIBUTE TO THE TRUMP BALLOT HARVEST FUND! (1,500% percent Impact!!)
Screenshot_20230212-155846-933.jpg
Screenshot_20230212-155846-933.jpg (170.37 KiB) Viewed 575 times
► Show Spoiler
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Harvesting being a farmers term for fleecing the sheeple :blackeye:

PS. someone ought to photoshop above image and replace those papers with the FBI released image of Top Secret documents "harvested" at Merry-Lago.
raison de arizona

Trump Plans to Bring Back Firing Squads, Group Executions if He Retakes White House
The former president wants to expand the use of the death penalty, and expand the federal government's options for carrying out death sentences
:snippity:
It’s not an idle inquiry: The former president, if re-elected, is still committed to expanding the use of the federal death penalty and bringing back banned methods of execution, the sources say. He has even, one of the sources recounts, mused about televising footage of executions, including showing condemned prisoners in the final moments of their lives.

Specifically, Trump has talked about bringing back death by firing squad, by hanging, and, according to two of the sources, possibly even by guillotine. He has also, sources say, discussed group executions. Trump has floated these ideas while discussing planned campaign rhetoric and policy desires, as well as his disdain for President Biden’s approach to crime.

In at least one instance late last year, according to the third source, who has direct knowledge of the matter, Trump privately mused about the possibility of creating a flashy, government-backed video-ad campaign that would accompany a federal revival of these execution methods. In Trump’s vision, these videos would include footage from these new executions, if not from the exact moments of death. “The [former] president believes this would help put the fear of God into violent criminals,” this source says. “He wanted to do some of these [things] when he was in office, but for whatever reasons didn’t have the chance.”
:snippity:
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 234679447/
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:crying:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

He's got to say more and more outrageous stuff this time to ensure he loses.

He wasn't outragious enough in 2016 and he accidentally won.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

https://www.google.com/search?q=desolat ... nt=gws-wiz

They're selling postcards of the hangings.
raison de arizona

tfg made some sort of announcement regarding his new ballot harvesting plan for Rs: https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-tru ... n-fa7193be
I don't have WSJ so I dunno what it is exactly. I'm sure it will get breathlessly reported elsewhere though.

Return to “US President”