Donald J. Trump 2024

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Donald J. Trump 2024 (low energy)

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Why, that is BRILLIANT!!!!!! Bring it on!!!!! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:28 am Why, that is BRILLIANT!!!!!! Bring it on!!!!! :biggrin:
Better yet, run as a write in candidate. Really sock it to 'em.

No, on second thought, I doubt you can get near enough votes as a write in, I mean, we have to be realistic here.

So, by all means, please do go third party, and raise lots of money off the 'marks list' you've built up. (And don't forget to charge the campaign for the use of the marks list).
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

keith: (And don't forget to charge the campaign for the use of the marks list).
:winner:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

He'll also trademark/servicemark/etc. slogans and even the party name and license it back to the party. Duh.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Ben-Prime wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:07 am He'll also trademark/servicemark/etc. slogans and even the party name and license it back to the party. Duh.
You forgot to put himself as chairman of the national committee, and his spawn as the other leadership positions so they can kickback a portion of their salaries to him...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump Is Already Facing a Lawsuit to Stop His 2024 Campaign

Zoe Tillman
Fri, January 6, 2023 at 9:55 PM GMT+1

(Bloomberg) -- Donald Trump is facing the first legal challenge to his eligibility to run for president in 2024 since declaring his candidacy, only weeks after a congressional committee investigating the US Capitol attack suggested he be disqualified from ever holding office again.

The lawsuit was filed Friday in federal court in Florida by John Anthony Castro, an attorney in Texas. Castro, like the former president, is seeking the Republican nomination for 2024 and has registered his campaign with the Federal Election Commission. He’s asking a judge to declare Trump constitutionally ineligible to hold office and to order a halt to any campaigning and fundraising.

Castro’s case is the first of what’s expected to be more efforts to try to block Trump from running under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment of the US Constitution, which bars someone from continuing to hold public office if they engage in insurrection.

It’s a relatively novel area of law but one that’s gained attention and interest following efforts by Trump and allies to undermine the 2020 presidential election results. Section 3 got a nod in the Jan. 6 congressional panel’s final report, though past efforts by lawmakers to create a clearer enforcement mechanism haven’t gone anywhere.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-alread ... 48960.html
(original: Bloomberg)
bob

Post by bob »

The lawsuit was filed Friday in federal court in Florida by John Anthony Castro, an attorney in Texas. Castro, like the former president, is seeking the Republican nomination for 2024 and has registered his campaign with the Federal Election Commission
I see someone learned something from the birther cases!

-Ish; a judge may yet rule a vanity campaign is insufficient to confer standing.
Image ImageImage
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

bob wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:17 pm
The lawsuit was filed Friday in federal court in Florida by John Anthony Castro, an attorney in Texas. Castro, like the former president, is seeking the Republican nomination for 2024 and has registered his campaign with the Federal Election Commission
I see someone learned something from the birther cases!

-Ish; a judge may yet rule a vanity campaign is insufficient to confer standing.
That tactic was tried against emptygee. It didn't work. I suspect that the judge in this case will use that precedent to dismiss this case.

As much as I would love to see this happen, it is not completely clear that TFG's involvement in Jan. 6 reached the level of legal culpability for the insurrection. If he had actually had the cajones to enter the Capitol with his flying monkeys, it would have been different. No 14th Amendment challenge is going to succeed against TFG.

If this court were to somehow rule that TFG was ineligible, the presently constituted SCOTUS would overturn the ruling.
bob

Post by bob »

The tactic did work against lesser candidates.

But this candidate will spend real money to fight it off, so I'm not putting any stock in it.
Image ImageImage
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

bob wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:46 pm The tactic did work against lesser candidates.

But this candidate will spend real money to fight it off, so I'm not putting any stock in it.
Who?

I may have missed something, but the only candidate that I know of who was the subject of such a lawsuit was MTG. Were there others?
bob

Post by bob »

noblepa wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:01 pmWho?
NPR: A New Mexico judge cites insurrection in barring a county commissioner from office:
A county official in New Mexico who was convicted of entering a restricted area during the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol must be immediately removed from office for his involvement in an insurrection, a judge decided Tuesday.

District Court Judge Francis Mathew ruled that Couy Griffin, an Otero County commissioner, is now disqualified from holding public office because he violated Section 3 of the Fourteenth Amendment by participating in the Jan. 6 siege.
Griffin was convicted of trespassing.
Image ImageImage
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

bob wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:21 pm
noblepa wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:01 pmWho?
NPR: A New Mexico judge cites insurrection in barring a county commissioner from office:
A county official in New Mexico who was convicted of entering a restricted area during the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol must be immediately removed from office for his involvement in an insurrection, a judge decided Tuesday.

District Court Judge Francis Mathew ruled that Couy Griffin, an Otero County commissioner, is now disqualified from holding public office because he violated Section 3 of the Fourteenth Amendment by participating in the Jan. 6 siege.
Griffin was convicted of trespassing.
Interesting. I wasn't aware of that case.

Has he appealed the ban or the conviction? Has the appeal (if any) been heard?

In any event, Griffin's case is a little bit different than a similar charge against TFG would be. Griffin actually entered the capitol building. TFG did not. Also, Griffin was convicted of a crime. TFG was not.

TFG's words were, at most, dog whistles with a degree of deniability (the plausibility of which depends largely on your political point of view). He never actually said "Go storm the capitol building and hang Nancy Pelosi and Mike Pence", nor did he lead the charge in person.

The 14th refers to anyone who "engaged in insurrection or rebellion". Is inciting an insurrection legally the same as "engaging" in one? IANAL, but I think it is, just as hiring a hit man is considered the same as murder.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Matt Gaetz says Trump should pick Sarah Huckabee Sanders or Kristi Noem as his running mate to get votes from women who don't like him

Cheryl Teh
Mon, January 16, 2023 at 5:42 AM GMT+1
  • Matt Gaetz thinks Trump should pick Sarah Huckabee Sanders or Kristi Noem for his 2024 running mate.
    Gaetz said Trump should run with a woman to get votes from women who don't like him.
    Gaetz theorized that Trump only won in 2016 because women who didn't like him still voted for him.
Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz says he's told former President Donald Trump to pick a woman as his running mate if he wants to win in 2024.

"What I've said to President Trump is like, you have to create a permission structure where women who do not like you vote for you again," Gaetz said on the conservative "Timcast IRL" podcast on Friday.

Gaetz added that he thought the "reason Trump won in 2016" is because "a whole lot of women who didn't like him voted for him" instead of Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

Gaetz named Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders, a former White House press secretary, as his pick for Trump's 2024 running mate. The Florida congressman praised Sanders for her "directness" and her move to ban TikTok on state government devices.

"She's the kind of person I look at," Gaetz said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/matt-gaetz-s ... 42690.html
(original: Insider)
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

"She's the kind of person I look at," Gaetz said.

I hadn't thought that she is in his preferred age bracket :twisted:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Ivana Trump's $34 Million Estate Gives Insight to How She Felt About Ex Donald Trump Before She Died

Kristyn Burtt
Mon, January 16, 2023 at 8:11 PM GMT+1

Ivana Trump passed away last July, but her will and the $34 million of assets she left behind offered a lot of insight into her family dynamics. She left her children, Ivanka, Donald Jr., and Eric well taken care of, but she didn’t leave anything behind for her ex-husband, Donald Trump.

It’s probably rare for a former wife to leave anything to her ex, but Ivana left one property for her fourth ex-husband Rossano Rubicondi, who predeceased her in death. According to Forbes, the adult children are all splitting the proceeds from the sale of her $26.5 million New York City townhome, which needs a bit of TLC. It hasn’t sold yet, but it should add a significant chunk of change to their net worth. (Remember, Donald Trump has only been loaning, not giving, money to his kids so far, according to his tax returns.)

So while Ivana was generous to her children and one ex, Donald Trump did not make that list. She reportedly had a difficult time after her former husband was elected president because it ruined her social life. “They hate me! They all hate me!” Fashion designer and close friend Marc Bouwer told Vanity Fair about the conversations he had with Ivana. “Everywhere I go they say things and they shout things at me! Outside my house, in St.-Tropez, Palm Beach, everywhere! They hate me!” Ivana struggled to reconcile that the elite money world she floated so effortlessly in despised her because of her former husband and the last name she shared with him. Ivana reportedly told Bouwer, “It’s not my fault. I am not him! I divorced him a long time ago. I do not deserve this!”

It’s something that Ivana never recovered from, and Bouwer described his friend as “totally broken down,” which haunted her long after Donald Trump left the White House. It’s easy to see why she thought fondly of one of her ex-husbands to include him in the will, but Donald Trump was not going to make that list.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/ivana-t ... 37473.html
(original: SheKnows)
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

If she was hated because of her association with TFG, then why did she keep his last name?
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Azastan wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:00 pm If she was hated because of her association with TFG, then why did she keep his last name?
I understand she was part recipient of the shit storm that happened after the former guy did rode an elevator. Same as many of his business associates de-associated themselves and parted with the T brand.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Trump with a strong female vice president who could outshine him?

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
101010 :towel:
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:18 pm
Azastan wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:00 pm If she was hated because of her association with TFG, then why did she keep his last name?
I understand she was part recipient of the shit storm that happened after the former guy did rode an elevator. Same as many of his business associates de-associated themselves and parted with the T brand.
Exactly my point--the business people dumped the name. Why did she keep it? Presumably it opened doors for her which 'Ivana Zelníček', did not. She could have returned to her birth name, or used the name of her last husband if she preferred.

She kept it as a 'business' name. Unfortunately, that name turned into a festering boil, but it was her choice
tek

Post by tek »

"What I've said to President Trump is like, you have to create a permission structure where women who do not like you vote for you again,"
What does that even mean?
bob

Post by bob »

tek wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:44 pm
"What I've said to President Trump is like, you have to create a permission structure where women who do not like you vote for you again,"
What does that even mean?
Mythical lady voter: "I can't stand him, but I voted for their ticket because I really like that lady veep candidate."

:roll:
Image ImageImage
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Azastan wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:12 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:18 pm
Exactly my point--the business people dumped the name. Why did she keep it? Presumably it opened doors for her which 'Ivana Zelníček', did not. She could have returned to her birth name, or used the name of her last husband if she preferred.

She kept it as a 'business' name. Unfortunately, that name turned into a festering boil, but it was her choice
After 2016, Ivana ran the Talking show circuit all over the world, calling herself the real Mrs. Trump when asked what she thought about Melania.

She glommed on looking for bux when it suited her.
Hic sunt dracones
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Didn't she say at one point that she was the real first lady?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:57 pm Didn't she say at one point that she was the real first lady?
Yep

https://www.newsweek.com/ivana-trump-sp ... lls-684604
Ivana Trump Says She's 'First Lady Trump' and Tells Melania to 'Get Over It'
By Christianna Silva On 10/13/17 at 1:47 PM EDT

Ivana Trump and Melania Trump keep saying they're fine with each other, but the pettiness of their long feud is alive and well.

Ivana Trump let everyone know she is in fact "first lady Trump"—she just isn't the "first lady of America," when she appeared on The Wendy Williams Show Friday to promote her new book, Raising Trump.

"I tell you, I'm technically first lady Trump," Ivana told Williams. "I was first wife. I don't know what is Melania's problem. She just have to get over it. She is first lady of America, but I'm first lady Trump, excuse me, and have three grown-up kids."

This comes just days after Ivana Trump called herself the real "first lady" during a Good Morning America interview.
Another link.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/nationa ... k/2039620/
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “US President”