Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Donald J. Trump 2024

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump to barrel ahead with campaign reveal despite Republican pushback
Sources say Trump will deliver the address from Mar-a-Lago Tuesday even though his candidates fared poorly in the midterms

Hugo Lowell
Tue 15 Nov 2022 06.00 GMT

Donald Trump is expected to announce his 2024 presidential campaign on Tuesday night as planned, according to multiple sources close to the former US president, inserting himself into the center of national politics as he attempts to box out potential rivals seeking the Republican nomination.

Trump will deliver at 9pm ET a speech from the ballroom at his Mar-a-Lago resort, where he recently hosted a subdued midterm elections watch party, and detail several policy goals that aides hope could become central themes of the presidential campaign.

Trump’s remarks were being finalized late into the night with a pair of speechwriters and his political team, the sources said, with aides keen for the former president to convey a degree of seriousness as he seeks voters to elevate him to a second term in the White House.

The political team at Mar-a-Lago are aware nonetheless that Trump has a penchant for veering off script and delivering news as he pleases, often fixating on grievances over debunked election fraud claims that have historically done him no favors.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... mar-a-lago
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by Mr brolin »

It'll be a mixture of random word salad, whining grievance, identification of all the "enemies" he has, Democrat demonisation and lots and lots and lots of verbal loggorhea about Death Santis.

He will trot out all the usual hits about how his election was stolen, how this mid term one was, how if it hadn't been for him, it would have been so much worse for the Republicans, how all his TRUE picks did well and all the others were foisted on him, not HIS idea....... etc etc etc

I think he has realised his old schtick about borders and illegals is no longer a cheer getter and will probably babble on about inflation and the economy and how hard hit HE is by it etc etc etc.

The signal to noise ratio will be at its usual appallingly low level.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by Luke »

Jonathan Swan/Axios' take on what's coming. Had wayyy more than enough politics lately, seeing Kari Lake FAIL was a fabulous place to end up. Not planning to watch DL2XIT (Disgraced Loser Twice-Impeached T****). We''ve got the Senate, governorships and state legislatures were a huge success, and the House is far closer than we ever imagined. We're willing to take yes for an answer and leave the MAGAts to froth and fume. In a sense, this is like TWO huge losses for them... they denied 2020 and put off the grieving, now they have 2022 as well. Expecting to see a lot of quiet social media dropoff, not the hardcore Always T****ers, but the rank and file that just saw huge disaster after giving so much money to the grifters. It's so sad. :(
34 mins ago - Politics & Policy
Inside Trump's dicey 2024 campaign announcement
Jonathan Swan

Former President Trump put himself in a box when he declared on election eve that he would make a "very big announcement" on Nov. 15.

Why it matters: The midterms were a disaster for Republicans and for Trump personally. But because of his pre-midterms promise, Trump felt compelled to barrel ahead with declaring his 2024 presidential campaign on the promised date.

The big picture: Even some of Trump's own advisers privately acknowledge he has suffered the most significant damage to his political standing since the Jan. 6 Capitol riot. The first head-to-head polls coming after the midterms are brutal for Trump. The conservative Club for Growth has released a polling memo showing Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis leading Trump in multiple states. And in another poll of likely Republican primary voters in Texas, DeSantis led Trump by 11 percentage points.

Behind the scenes: When Trump teased his rally crowd with his promise of a "very big announcement" on Nov. 15, he was actually offering a compromise to his advisers. That very morning, Nov. 7, Trump had told associates he planned to announce his 2024 campaign that night in Dayton, Ohio, in his rally with JD Vance. Even though he was less optimistic than some of his advisers, Trump expected Republicans to do well last Tuesday night. And his main concern, the day before the elections, was ensuring that he would receive sufficient credit for the GOP triumphs.
Trump figured that by announcing his own candidacy the night before election, he could increase his chances of getting the credit he felt he deserved, an adviser told Axios.

Trump was actually more bearish about the midterm elections than some of his own advisers. He was less sure of the sweeping "red wave" that was being promised, and he persistently suspected abortion would be more of a problem for Republicans that his advisers thought it would be. Trump also privately discounted GOP strategists who thought John Fetterman's debate performance was fatal to his chances in the Pennsylvania Senate race. Trump thought Fetterman would do better than many people expected because "people would feel bad for him," a source close to Trump told Axios.

Several of Trump's confidants, including GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), were alarmed when they learned he was going to toss out his team's tentative plans of announcing his campaign the week after the midterms and instead do a haphazard announcement the night before the midterms. They thought an election eve announcement would gin up Democratic turnout the next day and harm Republicans' chances. They scrambled into action and tried to talk Trump out of it. He ultimately compromised by announcing his announcement date. Since then, Trump has publicly attacked popular Republican governors DeSantis and Glenn Youngkin. And in doing so, he has alienated even some of his own longtime allies and advisers.
Several of these allies told Axios that in the wake of Trump's attacks on DeSantis and Youngkin they were reconsidering how closely they wanted to be publicly associated with the Trump 2024 campaign.

Between the lines: By talking him out of an election-eve announcement, Trump's advisers saved him from receiving even more blame than he's currently getting for the GOP underperformance. But Trump's decision to promise a "very big announcement" for the Tuesday after the midterms put him in a situation where he would risk appearing weak if he retracted it. Still, some of Trump's advisers thought it would have been wiser for him to delay his presidential announcement until after the Georgia Senate runoff. "For some reason it's just stuck in his head that he's got to do this," said another source close to Trump. "And he can't be talked out it."

The source said the worst thing for DeSantis' prospective presidential campaign would be for Trump to delay running, because DeSantis would then become the de-facto frontrunner and everyone would go after him. "The best thing for DeSantis is Trump gets in, DeSantis stays out for a while, and Trump runs a race against himself for the next six months," the source close to Trump added. :thumbsup: :lol:

The bottom line: Trump himself apparently never saw retreat from the Nov. 15 announcement as a viable option.

"I think the people who wanted him to delay the announcement were well intentioned, but just didn't think it all the way through," a longtime Trumpworld adviser told Axios. "After announcing his announcement, had he delayed it, he would have gotten destroyed in the media for being weak and probably would have caused him even more long-term damage."
https://www.axios.com/2022/11/15/trump- ... -president
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
sugar magnolia

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by sugar magnolia »

Everyone is expecting his "big announcement" to be that he's running, but what if he's announcing that he's divorcing Melania or some other trivial shit?
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by Kriselda Gray »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:07 am Everyone is expecting his "big announcement" to be that he's running, but what if he's announcing that he's divorcing Melania or some other trivial shit?
From one of the articles upthread:
Trump will deliver at 9pm ET a speech from the ballroom at his Mar-a-Lago resort, where he recently hosted a subdued midterm elections watch party, and detail several policy goals that aides hope could become central themes of the presidential campaign.

Trump’s remarks were being finalized late into the night with a pair of speechwriters and his political team, the sources said, with aides keen for the former president to convey a degree of seriousness as he seeks voters to elevate him to a second term in the White House.

It sounds like the topic has been set if the speechwriting is underway.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by Foggy »

Y'know, after all this time, it probably would be a thing if he could convey a degree of seriousness.

But he can't.

If he wanted to do that, he could finally admit that the 2020 election was free and fair, and he lost by more than 7 million votes.

Oh, wait. He doesn't want to be that serious.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Phoenix520
Verified:

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by Phoenix520 »

After all this time I still can’t get over how everyone thinks it’s normal, what he says and does. They treat him like a person who deserves deference.
Suranis

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by Suranis »

Ya, those fluffer article like that make me ill. Oh Trump was privately right about the Midterms" "oh Trump was seriously and soberly considering the world (and is right all along) while his advisors fluttered around him like butterflies seeking Nectar!" That article is 90% bullshit.
Hic sunt dracones
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by Maybenaut »

I hope he announces that he's forming a third party.

:pray: :pray: :pray:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Suranis

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by Suranis »

Maybenaut wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:41 pm I hope he announces that he's forming a third party.

He ran for president in 2000 for the Reform Party. He robbed them into non existence. So ya he could announce a third party.
Hic sunt dracones
MN-Skeptic

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by MN-Skeptic »

No, Trump's not going to announce a third party. He wants to control the Republicans. MAGA might follow him to a third party, but a lot of Republicans never would and Trump knows that. Trump wants to be King of the Republicans and Emperor of the U.S.
humblescribe
Verified:

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by humblescribe »

Maybenaut wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:41 pm I hope he announces that he's forming a third party.

Or, maybe he announces that after hiding in the closet for 70+ years, he is coming out.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by Maybenaut »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:55 pm No, Trump's not going to announce a third party. He wants to control the Republicans. MAGA might follow him to a third party, but a lot of Republicans never would and Trump knows that. Trump wants to be King of the Republicans and Emperor of the U.S.
A girl can dream. :daydreaming:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
MN-Skeptic

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Maybenaut wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:58 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:55 pm No, Trump's not going to announce a third party. He wants to control the Republicans. MAGA might follow him to a third party, but a lot of Republicans never would and Trump knows that. Trump wants to be King of the Republicans and Emperor of the U.S.
I dream that he announces that he's running as a Republican and this time the majority of Republicans reject him. That would hurt his ego. Moreover, it would cause issues within the Republican party. I want the Republican party to implode.
Dave from down under

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by Dave from down under »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:08 pm
Maybenaut wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:58 pm
I dream that he announces that he's running as a Republican and this time the majority of Republicans reject him. That would hurt his ego. Moreover, it would cause issues within the Republican party. I want the Republican party to implode.
The only down side is that if he launches his MAGAt's at those that "betrayed" him - that innocent lives would be harmed/lost as his cultists don't care who they hurt.
AndyinPA
Verified:

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by AndyinPA »

Does anyone know what outlets might be broadcasting this tonight? NO way I'm watching. I'm just curious. I wouldn't be surprised if CNN did, but I will be royally pissed if MSNBC does.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Suranis

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by Suranis »

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/1 ... ve-refused

Trump reportedly begged Ivanka and Jared to appear at his campaign launch. They've refused
The blog quotes Buisiness Insider

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-w ... st-2022-11
An unnamed source told the paper that the couple was "holding firm" after Trump spent much of the weekend coaxing them at Mar-a-Lago, as the family gathered for Tiffany Trump's lavish wedding. ...

The Post's source told the paper: "Trump thought he could convince Ivanka this weekend to come back and campaign for him as she was the most requested speaker after the president himself last time around."

"But so far she's resisting his entreaties and holding firm, as is Jared," they continued. "They both feel they got burned in Washington and don't want to go back and expose themselves and their children to another bitter campaign."
My Comment? Vanky does not want the stench of Loser on her when she runs for President in the future.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by Kendra »

I heard C-Span. Too lazy to double check.
Kendra

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by Kendra »

I heard C-Span. Too lazy to double check.
W. Kevin Vicklund

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

No, that will come after DeSantis secures the nomination. :daydreaming:
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by Greatgrey »

Crossposting

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Gupwalla

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by Gupwalla »

Lee Greenwood. Ugh.

FYI: Live-streaming on YouTube - The Guardian.

Kind of low energy for a Trump speech. He’s currently bragging about himself and his solitary term of office.

He is now describing what a hellscape the country has become in just two short years without his magnificent leadership.

Trump assigns blame for the Poland missile attack to “probably Russia.” Curious. He’s also talking nukes.

He just insinuated that there would be big changes to elections by 2024. Then he started growling and getting a bit more energy. Not kidding about the growling.

He calls Herschel Walker “fablious” and endorses him. Then starts making fun of Biden’s verbal gaffes.

Back a bit to low energy for some reason. Then announces his candidacy for President.

He’s coming to take back the “carters” of power. He possibly means “corridors” but he repeated it several times as “carters.”

Trump says hundreds of thousands of people (immigrants) are coming up through Texas and it is horrible. (This is not true.)

Such very very low energy. He is also calling the Biden presidency “the pause.” And more low energy. He’s very dull when reading from a script.

In a low energy moment even for this low energy event, he declared war on Joe Biden’s war on American energy. I don’t know if that is irony or just sad.

Back to the southern borders. The number is now ten million. (I live in Texas. This is not true. I would notice the state population swelling by 40%. Last Thursday’s afternoon traffic downtown was pretty awful, though. Maybe I cought the back end of a caravan?)

He’s now regaling the crowd with colorful anecdotes about Latin America.

Fentanyl. China has no drug problem, they just execute the drug dealers. We should have the death penalty for drug dealers. There was fentanyl but Trump fixed it but now it’s back. Terrible thing.

CRT. Gender insanity. He’s going for the crazy crowd now.

Trump will keep us out of unnecessary wars as long as Biden doesn’t blow us up in WW3 first.

Now he’s riffing on the raid on his pretty house. He’s going to clean up Washington, ban lobbying, and amend the Constitution to impose term limits on Congress. He wants to ban Congress from trading individual stocks (which is a good idea - maybe his only one, but I’ll be fair and highlight it.)

Another growl, when talking about Melania. It might get PG-13 in the owner’s apartment tonight.

Back to script. It’s not a good one but it does have complete sentences.

We’re going to Mars “which I started.” No one tell GW Bush.

Of note, he had silver hair for Tiffany’s wedding, but he’s got a fresh dark blondish brown thing going tonight. Not the comical orange; this is a bit closer to what I presume was his natural color.

It’s over.
SuzieC
Verified:

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by SuzieC »

What channel is it on? Thanks for taking one for the team and watching so we don't have to.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by raison de arizona »

Fox News just cut away :lol:
They have him in a window, no sound.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
June bug

DJT 2024 (or not)

Post by June bug »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:41 pm Fox News just cut away :lol:
They have him in a window, no sound.
Love it!!

Appreciate you and gupwalla for watching. I just can’t.

If he’s low energy, does that mean he’s staying “on script”? He’s usually low energy when he’s doing that.

Return to “US President”