Donald J. Trump 2024

Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Flatpoint High »

Volkonski wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:13 am Paul rips Trump for endorsing ‘worst Deep State candidate this cycle’

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... press.coop
:snippity:
“You have to ask yourself who gives Trump this awful advice? Who’s next, John Bolton?” he asked, referring to Trump’s former national security adviser, who has become one of the former president’s harshest critics.

:snippity:
Donnie Dookiepants is his own best advisor.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by northland10 »

Rand is clueless that Michigan is center-left right now and an extremist GOP candidate would be an instant loss. The other choices with name recognition were Meijer and Amash and Trump would never endorse them. I don't really know who Sandy Pensler is (lost the nomination in 2018) but in reading his info from that campaign, he does not seem like wild MAJA type. He seems like a country club republican. Ramaswamy endorsed him.

Even Trump's camp figured out that if you go far right in Michigan, you guaranty yourself a lost Michigan.
101010 :towel:
Estiveo
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Flatpoint High »

hxk025pgjwnc1.jpeg
hxk025pgjwnc1.jpeg (155.18 KiB) Viewed 866 times
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Donald J. Trump 2024 (low energy)

Post by raison de arizona »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:12 pm
Trump calls for store robbers to be shot in speech to California Republicans
Former president and frontrunner for GOP nomination also warns ‘this country will die’ if Joe Biden wins election

Victoria Bekiempis
Sat 30 Sep 2023 19.19 CEST

Donald Trump called for shooting store robbers on Friday in a bleak speech to California Republicans –and warned “this country will die!” if Joe Biden remained president.

During the address to GOP members, Trump also railed that wealthy Beverly Hills residents smell because of water denials, and repeated election fraud lies, according to the Associated Press.

“We will immediately stop all of the pillaging and theft. Very simply: If you rob a store, you can fully expect to be shot as you are leaving that store,” Trump said, spurring applause. “Shot!”

The rhetoric is in keeping with Trump’s tough-on-crime mantra but signified a ramped up emphasis on punishment. Trump has previously pitched shooting migrants to keep them from entering the US.

The former defense secretary Mark Esper has said that Trump asked about shooting George Floyd protesters. He also floated imposing the death penalty on convicted drug dealers, cop-killers and human traffickers, AP said.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... bbers-shot
Clearly not the first time Esper has said this, but he's still singing the tune.

Republican Voters Against Trump @AccountableGOP wrote: Mark Esper on the threat of a second term:

“He wanted to deploy active-duty troops on the street of Washington, D.C., and suggested actually that we shoot Americans in the street. That's kind of more of what you'll see.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by raison de arizona »

Their whole "platform," such as it is, is just blatant lies.

Steven Rattner @SteveRattner wrote: Trump claims that crime has surged under Joe Biden’s presidency. That’s false.

In 2023, the nationwide violent and property crime rates were lower than any year of Trump’s presidency. @Morning_Joe
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
MN-Skeptic

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Ron Filipkowski
@RonFilipkowski

Only FOUR of Trump’s 44 former Cabinet officials have endorsed him.

His VP won’t endorse him.

It’s insane for any president to even have anything close to 44 Cabinet officials in one term.

He incompetent, insane, unfit, & his own former officials know that better than anyone.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Ben-Prime »

Isn't it great how the best no-bullshit, he-alone-can-fix-it, keen-sense-for-the-best, top-businessman was apparently tricked into hiring a Cabinet that was apparently 90% swamp creatures *and yet his followers still believe* he can clean things up?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
MN-Skeptic

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by MN-Skeptic »

From Trump's ramblings today -

Acyn
@Acyn

Trump: Joe Biden won against Barack Obama
What. An. Idiot. :brickwallsmall:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by AndyinPA »

He's a lot worse, and dangerous, than that.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
much ado

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by much ado »

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump predicts ‘bloodbath’ if defeated at rally and claims ‘Biden beat Obama’
President hits out at Trump’s mental fitness as Republican candidate insists Biden had beaten ‘Barack Hussein Obama’ in elections that never took place

Richard Luscombe and agencies
Sun 17 Mar 2024 18.47 CET

Joe Biden tore into Donald Trump’s mental stability at a dinner in Washington DC on Saturday – just as the former president was making verbal gaffes at a campaign rally in Ohio as well as predicting a “bloodbath” if he met defeat in November’s election.

Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, confused the crowd at an appearance in Vandalia by insisting that Biden had beaten “Barack Hussein Obama” in elections nationally that never took place.

Freewheeling during a speech in which his teleprompters were seemingly disabled by high winds, Trump – a frequent critic of the 81-year-old Biden’s age and mental acuity – struggled to pronounce the words “bite” and “largest”. And he left the crowd scratching their heads over the reference to Obama, whom Biden served as vice-president from 2009 to 2017 before taking the Oval Office from Trump in 2020.

“You know what’s interesting? Joe Biden won against Barack Hussein Obama. Has anyone ever heard of him? Every swing state, Biden beat Obama but in every other state, he got killed,” Trump said.

Biden joked about Trump’s mental fitness at Saturday night’s Gridiron club dinner, a traditional “roast” attended by politicians and journalists dating to the 1880s.

“One candidate is too old and mentally unfit to be president. The other one is me,” the president said.

“Don’t tell him. He thinks he’s running against Barack Obama, that’s what he said,” Biden added, referring to several previous occasions when the 77-year-old Trump has confused the incumbent and presumptive 2024 opponent with his Democratic predecessor.

Trump’s Ohio address, ostensibly in support of Bernie Moreno, his preferred candidate in the state’s Republican Senate primary Tuesday, also saw the former president returning to darker, more apocalyptic themes.

The US, Trump insisted during comments about the auto workers and the car industry, was headed for “a bloodbath” if he was rejected again at the polls in favor of Biden.

“Now, if I don’t get elected, it’s gonna be a bloodbath. That’s going to be the least of it. It’s going to be a bloodbath for the country,” he said, without clarifying what he meant.

Later, he added: “I don’t think you’re going to have another election in this country, if we don’t win this election… certainly not an election that’s meaningful.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -bloodbath
jcolvin2
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by jcolvin2 »

Not trying to be a Trump apologist, but I assume the point that Trump was trying to make (in his rambling and disjointed way) was that Biden's showing in the swing states in 2020 was suspicious because it was better than Obama's showing in 2012 in those states, while Biden's performance in other states was not as good as Obama's. I have no idea if this assertion is correct or not.
pipistrelle

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by pipistrelle »

I've seen clips of him slurring and mangling relatively easy words badly, and pivoting mid-sentence because he got lost. It seems to get worse with every outing. I'm convinced he has a serious neurological issue, even if it can't be diagnosed from afar.
DrIrvingFinegarten

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by DrIrvingFinegarten »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:05 pm
Trump predicts ‘bloodbath’ if defeated at rally and claims ‘Biden beat Obama’
President hits out at Trump’s mental fitness as Republican candidate insists Biden had beaten ‘Barack Hussein Obama’ in elections that never took place

Richard Luscombe and agencies
Sun 17 Mar 2024 18.47 CET

Joe Biden tore into Donald Trump’s mental stability at a dinner in Washington DC on Saturday – just as the former president was making verbal gaffes at a campaign rally in Ohio as well as predicting a “bloodbath” if he met defeat in November’s election.

Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, confused the crowd at an appearance in Vandalia by insisting that Biden had beaten “Barack Hussein Obama” in elections nationally that never took place.

Freewheeling during a speech in which his teleprompters were seemingly disabled by high winds, Trump – a frequent critic of the 81-year-old Biden’s age and mental acuity – struggled to pronounce the words “bite” and “largest”. And he left the crowd scratching their heads over the reference to Obama, whom Biden served as vice-president from 2009 to 2017 before taking the Oval Office from Trump in 2020.

“You know what’s interesting? Joe Biden won against Barack Hussein Obama. Has anyone ever heard of him? Every swing state, Biden beat Obama but in every other state, he got killed,” Trump said.

Biden joked about Trump’s mental fitness at Saturday night’s Gridiron club dinner, a traditional “roast” attended by politicians and journalists dating to the 1880s.

“One candidate is too old and mentally unfit to be president. The other one is me,” the president said.

“Don’t tell him. He thinks he’s running against Barack Obama, that’s what he said,” Biden added, referring to several previous occasions when the 77-year-old Trump has confused the incumbent and presumptive 2024 opponent with his Democratic predecessor.

Trump’s Ohio address, ostensibly in support of Bernie Moreno, his preferred candidate in the state’s Republican Senate primary Tuesday, also saw the former president returning to darker, more apocalyptic themes.

The US, Trump insisted during comments about the auto workers and the car industry, was headed for “a bloodbath” if he was rejected again at the polls in favor of Biden.

“Now, if I don’t get elected, it’s gonna be a bloodbath. That’s going to be the least of it. It’s going to be a bloodbath for the country,” he said, without clarifying what he meant.

Later, he added: “I don’t think you’re going to have another election in this country, if we don’t win this election… certainly not an election that’s meaningful.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -bloodbath
Say you know nothing about the financial sector without saying you know nothing about the financial sector.

Suranis

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Suranis »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:15 pm I've seen clips of him slurring and mangling relatively easy words badly, and pivoting mid-sentence because he got lost. It seems to get worse with every outing. I'm convinced he has a serious neurological issue, even if it can't be diagnosed from afar.
He did that in 2015/16 as well. he stays on one point for 10 to 15 or so seconds then leaps to another point. Its a style that has worked for him becasue most people who are not trained to follow a point only take in 10 to 15 seconds of a sentence at a time. Also, the TV news will only show 15 seconds of something maximum. So people think he is making a profound point but in actual fact it's total gibberish. Its like a song where you are singing different choruses all the time.

Also, it meant that all he had to do was keep a point in his own head all the time, which was about all he could pay attention to anyway. So, he had a speaking style that covered his weaknesses and allowed him to blather random gibberish for hours despite not knowing anything.

So now he is doing the same thing out of decades of long habit, but there is even less thought behind it now, and his attention span is now so low that he cant even keep up the 15 seconds of making shit up content without losing track of himself. So the cracks are showing. And, even among the faithful, they have seen it all before.
Hic sunt dracones
p0rtia

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by p0rtia »

jcolvin2 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:48 pm Not trying to be a Trump apologist, but I assume the point that Trump was trying to make (in his rambling and disjointed way) was that Biden's showing in the swing states in 2020 was suspicious because it was better than Obama's showing in 2012 in those states, while Biden's performance in other states was not as good as Obama's. I have no idea if this assertion is correct or not.
The "better showing than Obama" is an indicator of election fraud is one of the main pillars of the "It was rigged!" gang. The idea has been debunked as necessary, notably in the John Eastman disbarment hearing last summer/fall.

Pillars of salt.
sugar magnolia

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by sugar magnolia »

Or maybe Biden got more votes because people were terrified trump would get re-elected and would have voted for anyone running against him.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Frater I*I »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:00 pm Or maybe Biden got more votes because people were terrified trump would get re-elected and would have voted for anyone running against him.
Yep. I would vote for the corpse of James Buchanan if the D's ran it against him....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Suranis

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Suranis »

Ya, Biden got more votes than Obama in 2012, a mid term election that was fairly average to low turnout. Biden was a NEW candidate going up against an unpopular incumbent, after 8 years of population growth, in a High turnout election.

He also says that he got more votes than any incumbent President. Again, why he is focusing on 2012 as Obama was an incumbent President too. True, in a high turnout election after lots of population growth. It still makes him a very unpopular incumbent as far more people voted against him than voted against Obama, which makes him more unpopular than Obama.
Hic sunt dracones
AndyinPA
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -campaign/
Former president Donald Trump is expected to enlist Paul Manafort, the former campaign manager he pardoned, as a campaign adviser later this year, according to four people familiar with the talks.

The job discussions have largely centered around the 2024 Republican convention in Milwaukee in July and could include Manafort playing a role in fundraising for the presumptive GOP nominee’s campaign, according to these people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe private deliberations. While no formal decision has been made, the four people described the hiring as expected and said Trump was determined to bring Manafort back into the fold.

Manafort worked for Trump in 2016 before being ousted and later convicted of tax and bank fraud felonies as part of Robert S. Mueller III’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election. He served time in prison before receiving a pardon in the final days of Trump’s time in office.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Suranis

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Suranis »

And *reminder* Turnip insisted he didn't know him and barely spoke to him while Paulie was his campaign manager.
Hic sunt dracones
New Turtle

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by New Turtle »

Lol yes big Paulie will launder your overseas donations. I'm sure the feds are not watching his every move.
Volkonski
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Volkonski »

Trump says Jews who vote for Democrats ‘hate Israel’ and their religion

https://apnews.com/article/trump-schume ... 10fddf0fcf
Trump, in an interview, had been asked about Democrats’ growing criticism of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu over his handling of the war in Gaza as the civilian death toll continues to mount.

“I actually think they hate Israel,” Trump responded to his former aide, Sebastian Gorka. “I think they hate Israel. And the Democrat party hates Israel.”

Trump, who last week became the Republican Party’s presumptive nominee, went on to charge: “Any Jewish person that votes for Democrats hates their religion. They hate everything about Israel and they should be ashamed of themselves because Israel will be destroyed.”

The comments sparked immediate backlash from the White House, President Joe Biden’s campaign and Jewish leaders. The vast majority of Jewish Americans identify as Democrats, but Trump has often accused them of disloyalty, perpetuating what critics say is an antisemitic trope.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by keith »

Christians who vote for Trump hate America and their religion.
Has everybody heard about the bird?

Return to “US President”