Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

True The Vote

Dr. Ken

True The Vote

Post by Dr. Ken »

Do we have a True The Vote thread? If not can we add previous discussion of them to a thread?

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

True The Vote

Post by raison de arizona »

Exhaustive article, much, much more at link.
The strange twists and turns of an alleged election conspiracy

For months, a small Michigan company that sells software to help municipalities manage work schedules and payroll accounts of election workers has been under scrutiny by two prominent members of a conservative “election integrity” group based in Texas that has helped spread false fraud claims about the 2020 election.

Catherine Engelbrecht, founder of True the Vote, and her partner Gregg Phillips alleged that the company, Konnech Inc., had allowed the Chinese government to have access to a server in China that held the personal information of nearly 2 million U.S. election workers — an allegation the company has vigorously disputed.

Then, just days after the New York Times published an account of the company being a “conspiracy theory target,” the Los Angeles district attorney announced that its chief executive, Eugene Yu, had been arrested on charges that appeared to mirror the claims of the election deniers. True the Vote even issued a news release taking credit for inspiring the DA’s investigation — and Phillips said in a legal filing he had testified before a grand jury to assist the DA.

It seemed a rare case of an alleged election-conspiracy theory potentially having a factual basis. Yet, in a parallel track in another courtroom, a federal judge in Texas has blasted Phillips, Engelbrecht and True the Vote for their allegations about Konnech. The judge, Kenneth M. Hoyt, nominated to the bench by Ronald Reagan, even warned the group’s lawyer that “I’m thinking you may be played” by his clients. Hoyt indicated in an order last week that he would hold the election deniers in contempt for not complying with a temporary restraining order he had issued in September.

The outcome of this complex case may not be clear for some time. But it indicates how election deniers have begun to gain a foothold within the legal system to advance their claims.
:snippity:
Gift link: https://wapo.st/3W80BRr
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

True The Vote

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Wow...that's an interesting story
p0rtia

True The Vote

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

TTV folks better end up in jail.
Volkonski
Verified:

True The Vote

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
p0rtia

True The Vote

Post by p0rtia »

That's "supposed" download....
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

True The Vote

Post by Greatgrey »

Sounds like she’s going to jail based upon her Sunday tweet.

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Greatgrey

True The Vote

Post by Greatgrey »

And it’s off to the pokey.

Greatgrey

True The Vote

Post by Greatgrey »

Ahhh, I had forgotten about this birther.

Gupwalla

True The Vote

Post by Gupwalla »

Such a weird case. This group accidentally managed to make an allegation that has some merit, but instead of relishing their role in bringing a real voting issue to light, now they are bunkering down with even more conspiracy theories.
Dr. Ken

True The Vote

Post by Dr. Ken »

Greatgrey wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:42 am Ahhh, I had forgotten about this birther.

I still remember when she edited out Scott Lakin's response to a question about his brother's daughter getting her own long form and how he couldn't get it. This was before Hawaii got the waiver and she had to lie and claim she didn't edit out the question.
noblepa

True The Vote

Post by noblepa »

Gupwalla wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:03 pm Such a weird case. This group accidentally managed to make an allegation that has some merit, but instead of relishing their role in bringing a real voting issue to light, now they are bunkering down with even more conspiracy theories.
Its easier to keep the grift coming in if you appear to be fighting the "deep state" that is hell-bent on destroying the American Way Of Life (R).

If the government actually takes you even a little bit seriously, the morons may think that you've sold out.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

True The Vote

Post by Reality Check »

Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:10 pm :snippity:
I still remember when she edited out Scott Lakin's response to a question about his brother's daughter getting her own long form and how he couldn't get it. This was before Hawaii got the waiver and she had to lie and claim she didn't edit out the question.
If you recall I managed to download an unedited copy of the interview with Lakin before she scrubbed the archive and played both versions on my show. Foggy had listened to the show live and heard the interview. I think he called her on the next show and she came up with some BS excuse that the edit was done for time purposes or something.
mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

True The Vote

Post by mojosapien »

Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
Volkonski
Verified:

True The Vote

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

True The Vote

Post by northland10 »

In reading their changing story in the article linked above, their explanation was sounding more and more Montgomeryish.
101010 :towel:
Phoenix520
Verified:

True The Vote

Post by Phoenix520 »

Phillips sicced the LA DA’s office on Mr. Yu. Mr. Yu was arrested and charged. Where’s the disconnect? I know there is one, they’re RWWJ, they can’t do anything right. So…why does one judge hundreds of miles away believe them but the judge they are right in front of does not? I’m missing something.
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

True The Vote

Post by Slarti the White »

Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:22 pm Phillips sicced the LA DA’s office on Mr. Yu. Mr. Yu was arrested and charged. Where’s the disconnect? I know there is one, they’re RWWJ, they can’t do anything right. So…why does one judge hundreds of miles away believe them but the judge they are right in front of does not? I’m missing something.
From watching 2000 Mules, these people are slick at putting together and selling narratives which are superficially plausible but cannot survive scrutiny. The question here is whether or not Konnech did anything wrong -- which we don't know. What we can guess is that TTV didn't handle the matter appropriately -- in 2000 Mules they repeatedly lied about their interactions with authorities to bolster their narrative and credibility, it would be reasonable to assume that they did the same thing here and got caught by Konnech fighting back. In other words, it's a good bet that they overplayed their hand even if they did have evidence of some crime. We'll have to see how the criminal proceeding against Konnech plays out on the merits, but it's likely that, whatever is going on there, it won't align with the narrative that TTV is putting out there.
Dr. Ken

True The Vote

Post by Dr. Ken »

Reality Check wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:50 pm
Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:10 pm :snippity:
If you recall I managed to download an unedited copy of the interview with Lakin before she scrubbed the archive and played both versions on my show. Foggy had listened to the show live and heard the interview. I think he called her on the next show and she came up with some BS excuse that the edit was done for time purposes or something.
Yes I remember the live show as well as I think I was one of the other callers when I was known as Phil from CT. I was also in the chatroom until I got booted.
Dr. Ken

True The Vote

Post by Dr. Ken »

northland10 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:51 pm In reading their changing story in the article linked above, their explanation was sounding more and more Montgomeryish.
It would not surprise me if the whistleblower was DM. He seems to have his hand in all of these scams.
Suranis

True The Vote

Post by Suranis »

Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:18 am
northland10 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:51 pm In reading their changing story in the article linked above, their explanation was sounding more and more Montgomeryish.
It would not surprise me if the whistleblower was DM. He seems to have his hand in all of these scams.
Very possible. Getting his marks jammed up with the Law is a really good way of avoiding having the marks showing up with baseball bats.

There was a serial Art thief in Ireland who robbed the same art 3 times at the same mansion... and avoided jail time by turning in his helpers. And collected the Reward for information related to their return. In short he was a conman of robbers.
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

True The Vote

Post by Foggy »

Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:10 pm I still remember when she edited out Scott Lakin's response to a question about his brother's daughter getting her own long form and how he couldn't get it. This was before Hawaii got the waiver and she had to lie and claim she didn't edit out the question.
Hokay.

I have been following along, and fighting the urge, but here you go, I have the clips saved, of course:

It was the Andrea Shea King internet radio show, and she was interviewing Lakin's brother about poor ol' Terry Lakin, and I finally managed to get through with a call to the radio show.

This one is the original call, where Lakin's brother says that Lakin had a daughter in Hawaii, but couldn't get a long form birth certificate for his own daughter, because Hawaii doesn't give them, only the short form that Obama published, but then he admits that Lakin is refusing to obey military orders because Obama won't show his long form birth certificate that Lakin couldn't get for his own daughter. Hypocritical son of a bitch.

https://thefogbow.com/public/mp3/Foggy_ ... l_Call.mp3

And this one is what happened after they edited the show, but if you were listening live you heard the original. Also some weenie birther was in the chat room screaming at ASK that I was an Obot, but nobody paid attention until after it was over.

https://thefogbow.com/public/mp3/Foggy_Edited_Call.mp3

And here's a transcript in PDF format:

https://thefogbow.com/public/pdf/ASK_sh ... script.pdf
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Butterfly Bilderberg

True The Vote

Post by Butterfly Bilderberg »

Greatgrey wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:58 am And it’s off to the pokey.

Votebeat is doing an amazing job covering this trial, with more specifics and explanation's than the wire services include u their articles.

P.S. I've waited nine years for someone to wipe that smug face off of Catherine Engelbrecht. She was Patient Zero of the IRS Tea Party fake scandal. Even Cleta Mitchell, her then-attorney, came to realize that Engelbrecht is self-serving and ltruth-challenged.
In my Twitter feed, this tweet to @jsolomonReports: "on behalf of everyone, thanks for being the giant retard that you are."
MN-Skeptic

True The Vote

Post by MN-Skeptic »

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

True The Vote

Post by bill_g »

AZ needs stand-your-vote. If someone approaches you at the ballot drop off, and you feel threatened, you can shoot 'em.

Return to “"Forensic Audits" of State Elections 2020”