Obama Branching Out

John Thomas8

Obama Branching Out

Post by John Thomas8 »

He spent a part of this evening (24 Oct 22) hanging with Peyton and Eli Manning on ESPN:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/barack-o ... n-reaction
mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

Obama Branching Out

Post by mojosapien »

What a goddamn SOB
Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
John Thomas8

Obama Branching Out

Post by John Thomas8 »

mojosapien wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:45 pm What a goddamn SOB
Um, wut?
qbawl

Obama Branching Out

Post by qbawl »

John Thomas8 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:00 pm
Um, wut?
Yeah WTAF‽
somerset

Obama Branching Out

Post by somerset »

qbawl wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:06 pm
John Thomas8 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:00 pm
Um, wut?
Yeah WTAF‽
??????

Same here. Can explain?
Phoenix520
Verified:

Obama Branching Out

Post by Phoenix520 »

Snark? I never know…
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Obama Branching Out

Post by Foggy »

Le sigh. :roll:

It's mojo, man. He's ... mercurial. And if you are playing along at home, he's getting a colonoscopy yesterday, so I'm gonna cut some slack. I just try to think of his posts as entertaining, but this one not so much. He doesn't attack anybody here. He lives in Rhode Island, poor bunny.

I'm glad Obama spent time with the Mannings. I'm so old, I watched their daddy play football. :oldman:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Obama Branching Out

Post by RTH10260 »

:o :eek: Manning the NYC "pastor" :?:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Obama Branching Out

Post by Foggy »

No, his name was Elisha Archibald.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
pipistrelle

Obama Branching Out

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:20 am Le sigh. :roll:

It's mojo, man. He's ... mercurial. And if you are playing along at home, he's getting a colonoscopy yesterday, so I'm gonna cut some slack. I just try to think of his posts as entertaining, but this one not so much. He doesn't attack anybody here. He lives in Rhode Island, poor bunny.

I'm glad Obama spent time with the Mannings. I'm so old, I watched their daddy play football. :oldman:
I think he tries to be enigmatic (vs. mercurial), unsuccessfully. Possibly meant as snark.

There’s a thread about what the Obamas are up to now. Don’t think we need a separate one here.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Obama Branching Out

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, I might merge them in a day or so. But this one is Obama and football, so us aging football fans think it's special.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
realist

Obama Branching Out

Post by realist »

My initial reading was it was snark, funny.

Whether that's true or not, I have no idea, but I also believe, even if it's not and that's his opinion, so what?
Image X 4
Image X 32
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Obama Branching Out

Post by keith »

Hmmm. This thread doesn't seem like it got off to a good start way back when, maybe I can start a recovery?

Rupert Murdoch has fuelled polarisation of society, Barack Obama says
Former US president tells Sydney audience that media coverage has helped exacerbate divisions and that we no longer have a ‘shared story

The former US president Barack Obama has suggested that Rupert Murdoch’s media empire has led to greater polarisation in western societies through news coverage designed to “make people angry and resentful”.
Asked by Australia’s former foreign minister and moderator, Julie Bishop, about the history of bipartisanship in the US political system, Obama reflected on the largely Anglo-American male makeup of senators and representatives at the time he was elected to the US Senate in 2004, and on the divisions that have persisted since.

“Here’s the good news about the US, though. We’re not quite as polarised as we seem. 60 to 65% of the country, let’s call it 70%, does occupy a reality-based world,” Obama said to laughter. “And that’s true within the Republicans.

“There’s one other factor that’s led to this polarisation. This is global, this is not unique to the United States, and that is the shifts in the media and the story that is told to people. And there’s a guy you may be familiar with, first name Rupert, who was responsible for a lot of this …

“But really he perfected what is a broader trend, which is the advent of cable [television], talk radio and then social media. The dissolution of the monopoly of a few arbiters of the news and journalistic standards that came out of the post-world war two era.”
“It’s now a wild west and a splintering of media. And if all you’re doing is, in America it’s Fox News, here I guess it’s Sky, whatever it is, if all you’re doing is watching one source of news, and by the way, in America, you’re seeing that progressives say, well we’re going to have our own news and our own perspective.

“You no longer have a joint conversation and a shared story. And the economics of the media, the clicks, are now based on how do I attract your attention? Well, the easiest way to attract attention without having to have a lot of imagination, thought, or interesting things to say, is just to make people angry and resentful and to make them feel as if somebody’s trying to mess with them and take what’s rightfully theirs.

“And if you throw in some good old-fashioned racism and xenophobia and sexism and homophobia, all of that, because now we’re in the realm of identity politics. And it’s very difficult to compromise around identity politics.”

Has everybody heard about the bird?
Dave from down under

Obama Branching Out

Post by Dave from down under »

thank you for posting.
bob

Obama Branching Out

Post by bob »

The Standard: Former U.S President Obama to Relocate to Kenya in June:
But it is increasingly appearing that Obama could settle in Nyeri with locals noticing a grand, highly secured, ultramodern block, cryptically labelled "Yad Sloof Lirpa" whose use the county government could not disclose, coming up behind Governor Mutahi Kahiga’s official residence. The term is an old time slogan associated with alma mater, Occidental College, Columbia University.
You would be surprised how many tweeters failed to note the dateline. ;)
Image ImageImage
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Obama Branching Out

Post by Ben-Prime »

bob wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:47 pm The Standard: Former U.S President Obama to Relocate to Kenya in June:
But it is increasingly appearing that Obama could settle in Nyeri with locals noticing a grand, highly secured, ultramodern block, cryptically labelled "Yad Sloof Lirpa" whose use the county government could not disclose, coming up behind Governor Mutahi Kahiga’s official residence. The term is an old time slogan associated with alma mater, Occidental College, Columbia University.
You would be surprised how many tweeters failed to note the dateline. ;)
Instead, they went on the notion that the Lirpa is a Vulcan weapon and Obama is a known Trekkie. QED.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
bob

Obama Branching Out

Post by bob »

:shock:

R.I.P. Obama.
► Show Spoiler
Image ImageImage
bob

Obama Branching Out

Post by bob »

Or: Maybe Obama was on Star Trek: Voyager. :shh:
Image ImageImage
AndyinPA
Verified:

Obama Branching Out

Post by AndyinPA »

:brickwallsmall:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Obama Branching Out

Post by RTH10260 »

I guess under such conditions nobody will want to take the role of the former guy ... no films will be made to remember those glorious times ... he will be forgotten ... real soon now :blackeye:

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”