Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Elections 2022 General Topic

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Stay within and :rotflmao:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:32 am Orlylicious, I want to thank you for whatever it is you do at election time. You disappear (I used to worry) and then pop up exhausted but still energetic somehow.

I don’t know what you do but I imagine it’s some kind of magic. Thank you for it. It’s working. Don’t stop. :lovestruck:

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
I second this post and I also want to thank Orlyicious for this entire thread. When the negative nancies (myself included) moaned and groaned, you lifted our spirits, well, mine anyway.

🥂
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

:like:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:51 pm
Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:32 am Orlylicious, I want to thank you for whatever it is you do at election time. You disappear (I used to worry) and then pop up exhausted but still energetic somehow.

I don’t know what you do but I imagine it’s some kind of magic. Thank you for it. It’s working. Don’t stop. :lovestruck:

I second this post and I also want to thank Orlyicious for this entire thread. When the negative nancies (myself included) moaned and groaned, you lifted our spirits, well, mine anyway.

🥂
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

The 699th requires eyes on the target for maximum efficiency.

Just saying.

:biggun: :pirate:
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Slarti the White wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:01 pm
bill_g wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:34 am TFG had another cofefe moment when he punched in electron instead of election. He really needs to put the phone down. It's a lesson he will never learn.

Oh noes! They stole the electron from Blake Masters! You know what that means, don't you? He's been IONIZED! Someone better get him unionized quickly before he gets a shock!

:bag: I'll show myself out...

Hey Frater!
That cloud of dust you see is me grabbing my chemistry book and opening it up to redox (reduction-oxidation) reactions. Most chemical reactions are redox reactions. In redox reactions, electrons are the coin of the realm. They move between atoms and molecules to form new ones. When a molecule is oxidized, it loses electrons.

So, Blake Masters has been oxidized.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
much ado

Post by much ado »

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

bill_g wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:46 am
RTH10260 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:33 am
bill_g wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:34 am TFG had another cofefe moment when he punched in electron instead of election. He really needs to put the phone down. It's a lesson he will never learn.

"but only in Republican districts"

And please - who is in control of those Republican districts ?

Someone is getting mushy between the ears :brickwallsmall:
He is strongly suggesting Republicans are incapable of conducting elections.
Is that where the electric chair support comes from? They are immune, so, burn donkey, burn?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
keith

Post by keith »

bill_g wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:37 pm
Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:34 pm
He is strongly suggesting Republicans are incapable of conducting elections.
I strongly feel that osg has no idea how elections werk. What does that mean “even Kari Lake was taken to vote in a liberal democratic district”? Does he think polling places are chosen for their partisan lean?

As hard as they’ve been trying, Republicans just can’t make things work. Why on earth should we elect them?
It is an agricultural state. Perhaps they used cattle chutes to divide voters by party affiliation, and since the D's largely voted by mail, their lines were shorter and faster. I'm just spitballin here.
AZ is a 5 'C' state:
Climate (send your sinuses to Az and dont forget to bring your allergens with you to add to our ragweed),
Copper (maybe not so much anymore),
Cactus (standin for tourism),
Cattle, and
Cotton.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

humblescribe wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:03 pm

Oh noes! They stole the electron from Blake Masters! You know what that means, don't you? He's been IONIZED! Someone better get him unionized quickly before he gets a shock!

Hey Frater!
That cloud of dust you see is me grabbing my chemistry book and opening it up to redox (reduction-oxidation) reactions. Most chemical reactions are redox reactions. In redox reactions, electrons are the coin of the realm. They move between atoms and molecules to form new ones. When a molecule is oxidized, it loses electrons.

So you're saying he's a rusty motherfucker?
keith

Post by keith »

Kendra wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:41 pm
bill_g wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:10 pm Everybody sing: Let's do the time warp again!

(do I need to post a youtube link, or is everyone on board with this already?)

Toast!
I get it. And another idea for a Randy Rainbow production :boxing:

What he could do with the Tim Curry role :daydreaming:
I would suggest that Curry could do Dr. Scott in this one, but I'm not sure he could handle the lap rug reveal anymore.
Gene Kooper

Post by Gene Kooper »

humblescribe wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:03 pm So, Blake Masters has been oxidized.
My memory of a childhood course in aqueous geochemistry combined with my casual substitution of iron for red yields this equation

Fe+3 Wave + Masters = Rust (i.e. the common mineral Hematite Fe2O3)
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:25 pm
humblescribe wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:03 pm

Hey Frater!

So you're saying he's a rusty motherfucker?
As it were, Sugar, as it were!

(Elemental iron in the presence of water gives up two electrons to oxygen to form Fe2O3.)
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Gene Kooper

Post by Gene Kooper »

humblescribe wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:52 pm
(Elemental iron in the presence of water gives up two electrons to oxygen to form Fe2O3.)
Off Topic
Only if the redox potential leans towards oxidation. For example, 3.5 billion years ago stromatolites began exhaling oxygen into the atmosphere. Over the course of the next 1.5 billion years the oxygen levels rose in the atmosphere and the iron in the ocean was oxidized from Fe+2 to Fe+3

As for Fe+3, it will stay in solution as long as the pH is low enough. An example is acid mine drainage where pyrite and other sulfide minerals react with water to create pH values similar to the acid in a car battery. The Gold King mine disaster dumped 3 million gallons of acid mine drainage into the Animus River. After it was mixed with enough "clean" river water the pH was raised to where the iron precipitated out as a slimy orange goo. This photo was taken shortly after the spill (north of Durango, CO).

colorado-animas-river-mine-spill.jpg
colorado-animas-river-mine-spill.jpg (71.59 KiB) Viewed 1186 times
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:popcorn: :boxing:

It’s not a good day to be
@GOPLeader
. Just about everyone in the
@HouseGOP
blames him for the
@GOP
’s non-existent red wave and all his “friends” are eyeballing his gig.
@TheRickWilson
gets into it w/
@ReedGalen
on the latest pod: https://apple.co/3htLnX4
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Looks like the GOP who are gonna send Kari packing are also gonna put AZ-01 and AZ-06 out of reach.
mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

Post by mojosapien »

I'm guessing on Truth Social.
Attachments
magamom.jpg
magamom.jpg (40.32 KiB) Viewed 1048 times
Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

That's one sure way to get the youngsters to vote, tell them they can't.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:51 pm

🥂
:like:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Santa Clara County election officials investigate ballots found near Highway 17

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/ne ... ighway-17/
A Santa Clara County Registrar of Voters (ROV) spokesperson said an individual reported finding ballots from the November 8th election were found near Highway 17 on Friday. According to reports, the ballots turned up in the Santa Cruz Mountains.

Election officials said the ballots were found along with other mail that was not election related, including letters and parcels, and that it appeared the ballots went missing while they were in the possession of the United States Postal Service before they could be delivered to the Registrar of Voters. Officials said they were unsure exactly how many ballots were involved, but that it appeared that one to two dozen ballots were found.

"The ROV is very concerned about this unfortunate incident and looks forward to working with the USPS to resolve it as quickly as possible on behalf of the voters," the released statement said.

Officials said there currently was no indication the found ballots were taken from any vote center or ballot box. Election officials notified the USPS so they could recover the mail and investigate this incident. Once postal authorities have concluded their investigation, the ROV will take possession of the ballots and review election law to determine whether they can be included in the official election results.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Lots of folks are talking about a +R3 House. If that happens, Charlie Kirk has already been forecasting that what he calls the Rebellion caucus - Boebert, mtg, Gosar, and Biggs - could really jam things up and hold R's feet to the fire. That would be a hoot.

FoxNews just had Karl Rove on, he's guessing +R4 on the House, and Lake going down in flames. :thumbsup: Well, half a thumbs up.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:41 pm That's one sure way to get the youngsters to vote, tell them they can't.
It was a republican president, Richard Nixon, who gave 18 year-olds the vote.

I remember it well, because I was born in 1951. In 1968, I was only 17 and couldn't vote. In 1972, I was 21 and would have been able to vote, regardless of the 26th Amendment.

The amendment wasn't enacted and ratified until 1971, too late to allow me to vote in the 1970 midterm election.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:53 pm
Santa Clara County election officials investigate ballots found near Highway 17

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/ne ... ighway-17/
A Santa Clara County Registrar of Voters (ROV) spokesperson said an individual reported finding ballots from the November 8th election were found near Highway 17 on Friday. According to reports, the ballots turned up in the Santa Cruz Mountains.

Election officials said the ballots were found along with other mail that was not election related, including letters and parcels, and that it appeared the ballots went missing while they were in the possession of the United States Postal Service before they could be delivered to the Registrar of Voters. Officials said they were unsure exactly how many ballots were involved, but that it appeared that one to two dozen ballots were found.

"The ROV is very concerned about this unfortunate incident and looks forward to working with the USPS to resolve it as quickly as possible on behalf of the voters," the released statement said.

Officials said there currently was no indication the found ballots were taken from any vote center or ballot box. Election officials notified the USPS so they could recover the mail and investigate this incident. Once postal authorities have concluded their investigation, the ROV will take possession of the ballots and review election law to determine whether they can be included in the official election results.
I don't know what the law is there, but here in Ohio, ballots postmarked on or before election day and received by the Board of Elections within 10 days after election day, are considered valid.

So, if those ballots were postmarked on or before Nov. 8, then they should be counted.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

noblepa wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:35 pm

I don't know what the law is there, but here in Ohio, ballots postmarked on or before election day and received by the Board of Elections within 10 days after election day, are considered valid.

So, if those ballots were postmarked on or before Nov. 8, then they should be counted.
My guess is that this was a mistake done by a rural carrier or a regular carrier, possibly operating out of Los Gatos. It sounds as if the carrier was picking up mail along his/her route, to be entered into the mail stream in his/her home office, which means that these ballots were not postmarked since they weren't entered into the mail stream at a post office.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Azastan wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:40 pm
noblepa wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:35 pm

My guess is that this was a mistake done by a rural carrier or a regular carrier, possibly operating out of Los Gatos. It sounds as if the carrier was picking up mail along his/her route, to be entered into the mail stream in his/her home office, which means that these ballots were not postmarked since they weren't entered into the mail stream at a post office.

Editing to add that I grew up living right on the border of Los Gatos/San Jose and we went for drives/hikes quite often in the area where the ballots were apparently found.

Return to “Elections 2022”