Elections 2022 General Topic

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I couldn't find just a general "Elections" topic, so here we go. This is how every woman I know feels right now. The whole thread is how we feel. More than that, it's what we think right now.

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Powerful. Thanks for sharing.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

That is so on point!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Very relatable...and so very sad, on first blush.

Then, infuriating.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Poetry.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Secretary of state orders Nye County to halt hand counting of ballots
https://thenevadaindependent.com/articl ... of-ballots
:snippity:
Through the first two days of the hand count, which began Wednesday, observers were able to overhear results being read aloud in the tally rooms, the Associated Press reported. In two groups observed by the Associated Press, the teams “spent about three hours each counting 50 ballots.” Nye County is home to more than 30,000 registered voters, significantly more than in the vast majority of U.S. jurisdictions where hand counting is used to determine election results.
Some of us remember the 2018 election where Nye County elected dead pimp Dennis Hof to state assembly.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Received email word yesterday that my overseas voter ballot has successfully made it back to Broward County and been accepted.

Whew.

Another year of defending democracy from another continent.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

Off Topic
Ben-Prime wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:01 pm Received email word yesterday that my overseas voter ballot has successfully made it back to Broward County and been accepted.

Whew.

I've always wanted a job that would let me go all over the world that wasn't the military. I wonder if there is such as thing as a Diplomatic Technical Writer. :confuzzled: :daydreaming:
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Ben-Prime wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:01 pm Received email word yesterday that my overseas voter ballot has successfully made it back to Broward County and been accepted.

Whew.

:thumbsup:

I got a notice from Pima County about 10 days ago that my email vote made it into the system too.

Might be the last time I get to do that from Downunder, depending on how the SOS election goes in Arizona.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

The guys went to the early voting location and did their voting today, I mailed mine last week and was able to confirm it arrived and has been acceptived
June bug

Post by June bug »

Got an email confirming my mail-in ballot was received and counted!
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Off Topic
jez wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:05 pm

Whew.

I've always wanted a job that would let me go all over the world that wasn't the military. I wonder if there is such as thing as a Diplomatic Technical Writer. :confuzzled: :daydreaming:
Depending on the technology involved, that would most likely fall under my job header -- so you'd basically be a jack-of-trades IT person (again, if that was your original career path), with occasional forays into pure tech writing as you managed to find the projects for it.

I got into this gig with most of my pre-FS IT experience being in data analysis and technical writing/training. At least one of my colleagues was primarily a project manager and IT recruiter with such minimal hands-on IT experience that now, 4 years into the job (her 4th anniversary of her swearing in is literally in a week or two), she's finally managed to convince her current department head to let her take formal FSI training in systems administration since she's otherwise just been learning on the job by watching her local staff experts. So it's doable. I mean, the forced retirement at 65 sucks, but as long as you've got a decade in by then, the guaranteed pension ain't nothing. I joined at 48 and will have 17 years in when they make me retire, so if I keep my crappy South Florida retirement condo that I bought on a loophole when I was 26 and which will finally be paid off the year after I retire, the pension plus occasional draws from my supplemental fund will actually be enough to live on. Actual retirement, despite the fact that I had nothing saved in a retirement plan until I was, um, 49, and 6 months into my employment?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

In my dream, Beto and Abbott are very close in the ballot count, but there are several counties where the MAGAts did such a good job of screwing up the vote that they're unable to officially report any results.

And everyone agrees that if those counties were accurately reported, it would determine the next governor of the state.

But they can't be accurately reported. At all. Recounts won't help. There's no provision for a second election. They are totally, finally unable to accurately tell the world who won the election.

And Fox News says that proves elections are not trustworthy, so let's just put Trump back in the White House.

Whee! :cheer2:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

‘Get Ready,’ Trump Tells Iowa Crowd as He Prepares to Announce White House Run
The former president, who is expected to announce a third presidential bid shortly after the midterms, opened a swing of four rallies in Iowa.
SIOUX CITY, Iowa — Former President Donald J. Trump is expected to announce a third White House campaign soon after the midterms, possibly as soon as Nov. 14, according to people familiar with the planning.

Advisors cautioned that no final decisions had been made and that the former president could change his mind on the details. The potential announcement date was first reported by Axios.

On Thursday night, Mr. Trump opened a swing of four rallies in the final five days of the midterm elections in Iowa, where he was joined by Senator Chuck Grassley, an Iowa Republican seeking an eighth consecutive six-year term.

His Iowa stop highlighted both the power and the limitations of his political brand as he inches closer to announcing a third presidential campaign.
Gift link...
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/04/us/p ... =share-url
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I'm slowly disengaging. I am sick to death of political ads. Not much will be known on Tuesday. This election is going to drag on. Republicans will be contesting the results of this election for months, at least. I know I can't totally escape it, but I'll do the best I can. I want to remain sane.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

Always look on the bright side of Life… do-doo, do-do-do-wap

The early voting data that is coming in looks very favorable for D’s. Nationwide, voting by democrats is about 3 million ahead of R’s.

Medias touch just put out a video, and a couple of other sources have been analyzing the data.

Most of these “Red Wave” polls are meant to disenchant democrats and to help with the voter-fraud-narrative when R’s lose elections.

Everybody get out and round up more votes.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... rael-lobby
More than 240 Jewish American voters in Pittsburgh have signed a letter denouncing the US’s largest pro-Israel group for backing extremist Republican election candidates while spending millions of dollars to oppose a Democrat who would be Pennsylvania’s first Black female member of Congress.

The letter condemned the powerful American Israel Public Affairs Committee (Aipac) for its attempts to defeat Summer Lee, a candidate for the district that includes Pittsburgh, after failing to block her during the Democratic primaries earlier this year because of her criticisms of Israel’s oppression of the Palestinians.

The signatories said they were “outraged that at this critical moment in American history, Aipac has chosen to cast Democrats like Lee as extremists” while endorsing more than 100 Republican candidates who voted to overturn the 2020 presidential election.

The letter suggested that Aipac does not represent the views of the majority of American Jews and is working against their interests by also endorsing Republicans who promote white supremacy, a particularly sensitive issue in a city where 11 worshippers at the Tree of Life synagogues were murdered in an antisemitic attack four years ago.

(Okay, so I'm not quite there yet. See two posts above. :blackeye: )

Return to “Elections 2022”