Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Prominent People with Covid-19

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Volkonski
Verified:

Re: Prominent People with Covid-19

Post by Volkonski »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:35 pm Kamala Harris.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/vice-pr ... d=84319946
Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., also tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday.
Disturbing that so many vaccinated and boosted prominent people are testing positive. :?
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Volkonski wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:54 pm

Disturbing that so many vaccinated and boosted prominent people are testing positive. :?
My spouse and I went to get our second boosters today and I think we were the only ones in the drugstore who were wearing masks other than the pharmacists.

Disturbing, but not surprising that even vaccinated and boosted people are testing positive if they aren't avoiding the same situations that caused people to come down with COVID in the first place.
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

We were headed to Denver for family game day on Sunday. We were about to get on the freeway when my sister-in-law called us to tell us that her partner (vaxxed and boosted) had just tested positive. He had received his second booster on Thursday and they thought he was feeling bad because of the booster until he test. She tested and was negative.

We circled back home and rescheduled for mid-May. At least the Boston Terrier got a car ride out of it. He loves his car rides.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

The vaccines don’t prevent it. They alleviate symptoms and reduce hospitalizations and deaths.

Vaccinated people have said COVID is not mild. Imagine being unvaxxed and getting it.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

White House Communication Director.
Kate Bedingfield @WHCommsDir wrote: This morning, I tested positive for COVID-19. I last saw the President Wednesday in a socially-distanced meeting while wearing an N-95 mask, and he is not considered a close contact as defined by the CDC.

Thanks to being fully vaccinated and boosted, I am only experiencing mild symptoms. In alignment with White House COVID-19 protocols, I will work from home and plan to return to work in person at the conclusion of a five-day isolation period and a negative test.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Michelle Bachmann. Fairly sick, apparently.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Wishing a quick recovery to Jonathan Karl who tests positive after the WHCA dinner. Perhaps the headline should’ve read that Mr Karl tested positive after speaking from the dais & shaking hands with the president but Politico seems worried about Kim.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I understand everyone had to be vaccinated and boosted, but I never heard that everyone didn't need a test that same day. Especially after the super spreader a few weeks ago, that made no sense.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Because Kims CGI ass is what people should be concerned about.
Hic sunt dracones
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

So far at Jazzfest, Melissa Etheridge, George Porter Jr and Willie Nelson have cancelled due to Covid infections.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Here we go again........

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

New York Gov. Kathy Hochul tests positive for COVID-19
New York Gov. Kathy Hochul says she tested positive for COVID-19 on Sunday, and will isolate and work remotely this week

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireSto ... 9-84578771
“Thankfully, I'm vaccinated and boosted, and I'm asymptomatic,” Hochul, 63, tweeted. “A reminder to all New Yorkers: get vaccinated and boosted, get tested, and stay home if you don’t feel well.”

A day earlier, the Democratic governor had tweeted a photo from the Olana State Historic Site outside Hudson, New York, which she visited to thank park volunteers.

Hochul is at least the 18th U.S. governor to test positive for COVID-19, according to an Associated Press tally. Several U.S. governors have tested positive in recent months, with Connecticut's Ned Lamont and Maine's Janet Mills testing positive in April. New York City Mayor Eric Adams tested positive on April 10, his 100th day in office.

Hochul’s positive test comes amid rising case numbers in New York. For weeks, much of upstate New York has been in the high-alert orange zone, a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention designation that reflects serious community spread.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

That is sad, Hotez has worked so hard to keep the public informed.

Also, Susan Rice tests positive.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Dr. Hotez's post this afternoon -

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Well… dang!

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:eek:
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Jon Batiste tested positive last week. He missed the Thursday and Friday show and has cancelled some appearances.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Kendra wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:28 pm That is sad, Hotez has worked so hard to keep the public informed.

Also, Susan Rice tests positive.
Piggybacking on your post for a general comment:

I struggle with what seem to me to be significant over-reactions to positive tests in this phase of the pandemic.

Yes, it was disappointing to learn that the vaccines do not prevent infection, but the shift to "true, but look at how drastically they reduce your odds of hospitalization, etc." doesn't seem to have taken hold. "Testing positive" is still talked about as an uber-scary thing for the vaccinated, even when the testee is symtomless. My sister drags up the case of her double vaxxed friend who was "really sick" to justify her ongoing fears.

All the stats show that masking and vaxxing greatly lower your odds of disruptive illness and death. But the press is now having a field day scaring people with data that purports to show that the raw numbers of vaxxed and unvaxxed hospitalizations are now roughly equal--and then grudgingly go on to discuss how the math works with 70 percent of the plus five population vaxxed, and to point out that your odds of serious illness are still way lower if you're vaxxed.

COVID in all it's forms is endemic now. In it's current form it is literally in the same ball park as flu as a health concern. There is no date about "long covid" for omicron (too soon). I've had five friends test positive this month. Wicked sore throat for a couple of days.

And no I am not saying that it isn't killing people. And yes I realize it'll take a while for the residual fear to fade away. I guess I just don't like to see folks stressing more than is indicated, given all the hell that has gone down. Because while there are no guarantees for the future, currently, if you're vaxxed and boosted, you're in damn good shape.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

:yeahthat:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Suranis wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:23 am Because Kims CGI ass is what people should be concerned about.
Well, the champagne cork bounce championships are coming up soon.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”