Prominent People with Covid-19

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: Prominent People with Covid-19

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:16 pm So many breakthrough infections with this variant, scary stuff.
see https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 388#p69388 - essentially saying that vaccinations are no protection again infection by omicron.
filly

Post by filly »

Maryland Governor Larry Hogan, triple vaxxed says he feels fine,
Lani

Post by Lani »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:21 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:16 pm So many breakthrough infections with this variant, scary stuff.
see https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 388#p69388 - essentially saying that vaccinations are no protection again infection by omicron.
Note: "But only the Pfizer and Moderna shots, when reinforced by a booster, appear to have initial success at stopping infections, and these vaccines are unavailable in most of the world." So those of us who have had Pfizer or Moderna & booster have some protection. The research has just begun, however, the 2 + booster may become less effective within 6 months. (Not a fact, just something being researched now. But don't be surprised if we need to get a booster every 6 months.)
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

No link yet, but CNN reports Rep Clyburn has tested positive, asymptomatic.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

He was just on MSNBC. Yes, he tested positive. Feeling fine other than stuffy nose. I understand that's usually the first symptom with Omicron.

I'm reading lots of places that, at this point, you should just expect to get it. :brickwallsmall:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin tests positive. Just being reported live on CNN, no linky yet.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:49 pm Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin tests positive. Just being reported live on CNN, no linky yet.
His statement: https://www.defense.gov/News/Releases/R ... id-status/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:55 pm
Kendra wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:49 pm Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin tests positive. Just being reported live on CNN, no linky yet.
His statement: https://www.defense.gov/News/Releases/R ... id-status/
TY. I was eating dinner and too lazy to look for it :bighug:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Texas

NBC DFW
@NBCDFW
·
2m
Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick recovering from COVID-19 infection days after pushing back against recommendations on holiday gatherings https://on.nbcdfw.com/vv6NbC5 #texasnews
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/01/03/ente ... index.html
Whoopi Goldberg has tested positive for Covid-19, "The View" co-host Joy Behar announced on Monday's episode of the talk show.

Behar told viewers that Goldberg's case was mild thus far.

"They say there's no place like home for the holidays and that's exactly where we are this year," Behar said of the show's panelists. "Happy New Year from all of our living rooms. As you can see we're back in boxes and doing the show remotely, hopefully for just a week, I'm praying that it's just a week but you never know because this omicron thing is all over the place."
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

The New York Times
@nytimes
·
41m
Seth Meyers, the host of NBC's "Late Night," said Tuesday that he tested positive for the coronavirus and that tapings of his show would be canceled through the end of the week. "The good news is," Myers tweeted, "I feel fine (thanks vaccines and booster!)"https://nyti.ms/3ETJfOo
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Cross posting.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fox ... 36602.html
Fox News’ Steve Doocy said on Thursday’s “Fox & Friends” that he and his family — including network colleague and son Peter Doocy — got COVID-19 over the holidays.

“A lot of people trade gifts,” he said. We traded Omicron. It pretty much went through our whole family.”

He noted that Peter Doocy will return to the White House Monday and his wife, a cancer survivor who is immunocompromised, is “doing better.”

Doocy has been one of the most vocal pro-vaccine hosts on the network, appearing in Fox News’ PSA encouraging the jab and regularly bringing it up on the hit morning show.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Fort Worth Star-Telegram
@startelegram
·
7m
COVID-19 is surging through the Cowboys locker room heading into the season finale against the Eagles.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Cristina Marcos
@cimarcos
·
8m
This makes at least 36 members of Congress - 28 in the House and 8 in the Senate - who've gotten breakthrough cases of COVID-19.
Quote Tweet
Michael McCaul
@RepMcCaul
· 14m
I tested positive for COVID-19 this week and as a result will be voting by proxy next week for my health and the safety of others. I am fully vaccinated and boosted. Thankfully, I am recovering each day. I look forward to returning back to work for the people of TX-10.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Reuters
@Reuters
·
16m
New Dutch finance minister Kaag tests positive for COVID-19 day before inauguration http://reut.rs/33j9yAE
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/rep-a ... d=msedgntp
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez tested positive for COVID-19 and is recovering at home after experiencing symptoms, her office said Sunday.

The New York Democratic congresswoman says she received her booster shot this fall and is encouraging "everyone to get their booster and follow all CDC guidance."
filly

Post by filly »

Kendra wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:28 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/rep-a ... d=msedgntp
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez tested positive for COVID-19 and is recovering at home after experiencing symptoms, her office said Sunday.

The New York Democratic congresswoman says she received her booster shot this fall and is encouraging "everyone to get their booster and follow all CDC guidance."
She was in Florida this past week....
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/1/11/ ... ll-chicago
As Chicago weathers an unprecedented surge in COVID-19 cases, Mayor Lori Lightfoot announced Tuesday she has tested positive for the virus, casting her infection as “an urgent reminder for folks to get vaccinated and boosted.”

Lightfoot, whose tumultuous first term has been defined by her pandemic response, said in a statement she tested positive earlier Tuesday.

“I am experiencing cold-like symptoms but otherwise feel fine which I credit to being vaccinated and boosted,” she said in a written statement.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

West Virginia governor feels 'extremely unwell' after testing positive for Covid-19 and cancels state legislature address

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/12/us/west- ... ium=social
West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice tested positive Tuesday for Covid-19 and described feeling "extremely unwell" as he isolates at home, according to a statement.

Justice, 70, awoke Tuesday morning with congestion and a cough, eventually developing a headache and fever, he said in the statement. By late afternoon, his blood pressure and heart rate were elevated and he had a high fever.

Results from a rapid test in the morning came back negative but a PCR test came back positive, he said.

"While I was surprised that my test results came back positive, I'm thankful to the Lord above that I've been vaccinated, I've been boosted, and that I have an incredible support system, especially my loving family," Justice said.
The governor will be receiving a course of monoclonal antibody treatment, the statement said.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Not really a prominent person... just well known jerk ....

Glenn Beck Says He Has COVID Again and It’s Hit His Lungs, but He’s Taking Ivermectin
https://www.thedailybeast.com/glenn-bec ... ivermectin
Conservative talk radio host Glenn Beck has fallen sick with the coronavirus—again.

This time around, the former Fox News host turned mini-conservative media mogul said Wednesday afternoon, the illness has progressed into his lungs.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”