Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Prominent People with Covid-19

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
p0rtia

Re: Prominent People with Covid-19

Post by p0rtia »

Bill, my gardener in Florida. An extraordinary being whom I love dearly. He's doing okay.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Xpost
Senator Joe Manchin @Sen_JoeManchin wrote: This morning I tested positive for COVID-19. I am fully vaccinated and boosted and am experiencing mild symptoms. I will isolate and follow CDC guidelines as I continue to work remotely to serve West Virginians.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

FLOTUS.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Kendra wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:50 amFLOTUS.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/24/politics ... index.html
First lady Dr. Jill Biden has tested positive for a rebound case of Covid-19, her deputy communications director Kelsey Donohue confirmed to CNN.

Biden, who is currently in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, tested positive again for Covid-19 with an antigen test on Wednesday. She tested negative during a routine test on Tuesday.

Donohue says the first lady has not had a reemergence of symptoms. She added that a “small number of close contacts” with whom Biden had recent contact have been notified.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... for-covid/
Former President Clinton announced on Twitter Wednesday that he has tested positive for COVID-19 and is experiencing mild symptoms. 

Clinton tweeted that he is “doing fine overall” and is grateful to be fully vaccinated and boosted. 
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Good luck to him. I like his tweet!
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/gop-ex-s ... 5bf8777e81
Former Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.) attributed his decision to retire due to the long-term effects of COVID-19, telling local newspaper Tulsa World that certain symptoms were still affecting him day-to-day.

Inhofe voted against multiple coronavirus aid packages meant to help Americans at the height of the pandemic, including the Families First Coronavirus Response Act approved overwhelmingly by 90 senators in March 2020, and the American Rescue Plan in March 2021.

The 88-year-old did not say which symptoms he was dealing with. But he suggested he was in good company, alleging that other elected representatives in Congress are also struggling with long COVID behind the scenes.

“Five or six others have (long COVID), but I’m the only one who admits it,” Inhofe told Tulsa World.

At least one Democratic senator, Tim Kaine of Virginia, has spoken openly about his experience with lingering symptoms after contracting COVID-19.
raison de arizona

https://twitter.com/senatordurbin/statu ... 2178119680
Senator Duck Durbin @senatordurbin wrote: This morning, I tested positive for COVID-19. Thankfully, I am fully vaccinated and boosted and only experiencing minor symptoms. I will quarantine consistent with CDC guidelines and follow advice from my doctor while I continue to work remotely.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Stephen Colbert.

He did his show remotely last night. I only watched the monologue, but Stephen commented that he had everything set up from the podcasts he had been doing.

His tweet this afternoon, though:
The Late Show
@colbertlateshow

A message from Stephen: I always want to be able to do the show the audience deserves, but today Covid had other plans. Taking it day by day and I hope we can all see each other tomorrow night.
So it sounds like he won't be on tonight. I had been looking forward to it because Rachel Maddow was scheduled to appear.
Mrich

Post by Mrich »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:15 pm Stephen Colbert.

He did his show remotely last night. I only watched the monologue, but Stephen commented that he had everything set up from the podcasts he had been doing.

His tweet this afternoon, though:
The Late Show
@colbertlateshow

A message from Stephen: I always want to be able to do the show the audience deserves, but today Covid had other plans. Taking it day by day and I hope we can all see each other tomorrow night.
So it sounds like he won't be on tonight. I had been looking forward to it because Rachel Maddow was scheduled to appear.
He's out for the rest of the week. I'm bummed too, not only because we're missing Rachel, but Jon Batiste was supposed to be on last night (Thursday). Hopefully they'll be able to reschedule.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”