Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Prominent People with Covid-19

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Prominent People with Covid-19

Post by raison de arizona »

https://twitter.com/blkcorvair/status/1 ... 7828722708
Maine Sen. Susan Collins tests positive for COVID-19, is experiencing 'mild symptoms'
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/maine- ... d-symptoms
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Seems the Congress stopped wearing masks too soon.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Maybe we all did.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:39 pm Maybe we all did.
I haven’t.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:34 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:39 pm Maybe we all did.
I haven’t.
I still wear mine.

half of my students still wear theirs. I wish I could force them to wear it in my room, but am grateful that at least half do.
raison de arizona

Prominent adjacent.
Katie Rogers @katierogers wrote: NEW: Michael LaRosa, the first lady’s press secretary, confirms he tested positive for the coronavirus earlier today via a PCR test after testing negative earlier this week. He has mild symptoms and is isolating at home. He attended the Gridiron Dinner.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Masks up! Masks up!
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Opinion: The Gridiron Club outbreak shows what living with covid-19 looks like

At least a dozen high-profile guests who attended Saturday’s Gridiron Club dinner have tested positive for the coronavirus, including Attorney General Merrick Garland, Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo and Reps. Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.) and Joaquin Castro (D-Tex.). While contact tracing investigations have yet to confirm that these infections occurred at the dinner itself, the growing number of cases among attendees suggests the Gridiron was a super-spreader event.
:snippity:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... ooks-like/
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

I am beginning to lose faith in the vaccines. :?

Can I get a 5th dose? ;)
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Volkonski wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:32 pm I am beginning to lose faith in the vaccines. :?

Can I get a 5th dose? ;)
I would be okay with the vaccine giving me mild symptoms and no long COVID. Getting 4th Pfizer next week at work. Will get as many as it takes.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

How Fox and Friends cover this outbreak.

raison de arizona

Jonathan Reiner @JReinerMD wrote: 37 people have now contracted COVID following the Gridiron dinner. This illustrates how massively transmissible BA.2 is, and how much of a mistake it was to summarily drop all mitigation while we’re still in the pandemic phase of this virus. 1/3

It is not safe now to gather in large numbers in confined spaces without masks, and it’s irresponsible to require people to figure this out on their own. 2/3

The WH should reinstate masking for everyone working in that complex, both as an example for the public, & to protect the President and VP who will surely contract this virus if they continue to portray an all-is-well, urgency of normal, your on your own, maskless facade. 3/3
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I do think you still have to be careful where you go without masks. While I'm generally not wearing one, I will be out today in places that I feel a mask is necessary, a hospital and picking up some takeout fish sandwiches at a Catholic Church where I know it's going to be crowded. That room looked crowded. I either wouldn't have attended something so tight, or I would definitely wear a mask.

On Fogbow 1, if someone's name ended up on this list, you held your breath to see if they lived or died. You just look here mostly to see who's got it. You know the odds are pretty good that's as far as it's mostly going to go.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Lani

Post by Lani »

I'm still wearing a mask when I (rarely) enter an office or store. The majority of people are doing the same. One time I was picking up a package @ UPS when I saw no one was wearing a mask, so I took mine off. (There were only about 5 people inside.) When I left, I thought I was was stupid. Why take a chance?

The people I know who caught the variant have no idea how they caught it. They wear masks, no close contact. They received the monoclonal treatment and recovered, but they are now angry that the virus keeps being called "mild." Compared to what? They were still very sick.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:08 am ...

On Fogbow 1, if someone's name ended up on this list, you held your breath to see if they lived or died. You just look here mostly to see who's got it. You know the odds are pretty good that's as far as it's mostly going to go.
Me too. We're getting boosters #2 tomorrow, BTW.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

raison de arizona

NYC Mayor Eric Adams
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Waiting for the day little fucher tucker gets his turn but he has to go on oxygen cause……stupid
raison de arizona

Anderson Cooper
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Stephen Colbert. Just heard on local CBS News.
Mrich

Post by Mrich »

He's been greeting and interviewing most of his guests like he did pre-pandemic, so I've been concerned he might get exposed. He had Anderson Cooper April 6.
raison de arizona

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”