New York State Investigations of Trump and Related

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: New York State Investigations of Trump and Related

Post by raison de arizona »

Volkonski wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:27 pm

:thumbsup:
$10k/day? Amateurs. Cyberninjas are running the tab at $50k/day.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

And Alex Jones was jonsed for $25k a day.
Hic sunt dracones
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Wintermute
Verified:

Post by Wintermute »

Suranis wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:36 pm And Alex Jones was jonsed for $25k a day.
Jones was fined double every day. 25 k then 50k he paid 75 k . I like how that judge worked.
raison de arizona

tfg is pretty worked up. Mebbe he’ll have a stroke. Mebbe he’s already had one.
tfg wrote:This is just a continuation of the greatest Witch Hunt of all time, by a failed Attorney General, who continues to use her office for political gain following a disastrous and embarrassing attempt to run for Governor, in which she only received a 3% approval rating, and was forced to drop out of the race by her own party, in disgrace. This Democrat prosecutorial misconduct began the second I came down the escalator in Trump Tower, and has continued in an attempt to silence a President who is leading in every single poll. Never before has this happened to another President, and it is an absolute violation of my civil rights. As President I had two jobs -to run our Country well, and to survive. I've been investigated by the Democrats more than Billy the Kid, Jesse James, and Al Capone, combined. This has been going on for years, and in all cases, I have been innocent. After having survived so many investigations, numerous people have said to me, "You must be the cleanest person alive. Nobody else could have survived this." But how do I get my reputation back as this unfair persecution endlessly continues?

Letitia James is no longer working as Attorney General, she is an operative for the Democrat Party in a political prosecution. New York has been through hell, and she is an embarrassment to our legal system. James uses her office for political gain, while New York crime is up over 50 percent, a bigger increase than any other place in the Nation. Much of it is violent crime - murder, rape, and drug trafficking (which is at the highest level ever).

When will the Witch Hunt against a popular former President, who had our Country Energy Independent, with no Inflation, a strong Southern Border, and no Wars (such as that which is now raging uncontrollably in Ukraine), who rebuilt our Military (including Space Force), cut Taxes, Regulations, and so much more, ever end. When will horrible and unfair political harassment and persecution in our Country finally be over. Instead, MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
https://t.me/real_DonaldJTrump/14655
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Well didn’t last long.
Trump Org lawyers are delighted after lead investigator pulled back from Manhattan case: report

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg, Jr. held multiple interviews on Thursday claiming to still be investigating Donald Trump, but a new report suggests has case has been unraveling.

"For Mr. Bragg, a series of interviews on Thursday as well as the release of a lengthy formal statement represent an attempt to quell the intense criticism he has faced over his handling of the high-stakes investigation into the former president," The New York Times reported Thursday. "In December, Mr. Bragg’s predecessor, Cyrus R. Vance Jr., directed the two senior prosecutors leading the inquiry, Mark F. Pomerantz and Carey R. Dunne, to present evidence to a grand jury with the goal of seeking an indictment of Mr. Trump. Mr. Bragg, two months into his tenure, halted that presentation after disagreeing with Mr. Pomerantz and Mr. Dunne on the strength of the case. Their subsequent resignations led to public criticism of Mr. Bragg, particularly after The New York Times published a copy of Mr. Pomerantz’s resignation letter, in which he said he believed that the former president was 'guilty of numerous felony violations' and that it was 'a grave failure of justice' not to hold him accountable."

The Daily Beast on Thursday had more on the investigation.

"Over the last several weeks, the Manhattan District Attorney’s investigation into former President Donald Trump has appeared to be unraveling, with the two top prosecutors on the case resigning over the lack of charges and the DA feeling so attacked over the lack of movement that he issued a statement Thursday saying an indictment against Trump could still come," The Beast reported. "But inside the DA’s office, the inertia and frustration over Trump potentially avoiding culpability looks worse than ever before."

The Beast's sources do not expect Trump to be indicted in Manhattan.

"Yet another prosecutor appears to have been pulled back from the case, according to knowledgeable sources who say it could be further proof of the probe’s failure. And sources now seem to think Trump dodging an indictment is inevitable
," The Beast reported. "Solomon Shinerock—a lead investigator who helped drive much of the intensive, four-year effort—is no longer as actively involved in the case, according to three people with knowledge of the matter, who all spoke on condition of anonymity. In recent weeks, Shinerock’s pullback from the team investigating Trump has been conspicuous enough to frustrate some who have been on the prosecutors’ side—and has been noticeable enough to quietly delight lawyers working on the ex-president’s and Trump Organization’s end, sources noted."
https://www.rawstory.com/alvin-bragg-trump/

Teflon Don. Dunno how they got to Bragg, but they clearly did.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NBC News: The New York Attorney General is asking a judge to compel real estate firm Cushman and Wakefield to provide documents on a series of appraisals they did for Trump's company, as part of the AG's civil probe of Trump and his business court documents show.
@NBCNews
tek

Post by tek »

(CNN)Former President Donald Trump does not have any documents subpoenaed by the New York attorney general's office as part of its civil investigation into the Trump Organization's finances and shouldn't be held in contempt, he told a state court.
"After conducting a diligent search and review, Respondent's counsel determined that Respondent was not in possession of any documents responsive to the Subpoena and that all potentially responsive documents were in the possession, custody or control of the Trump Organization," Trump attorney Alina Habba said in a court filing Tuesday.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/20/politics ... index.html
sure_jan.png
sure_jan.png (156.43 KiB) Viewed 1311 times
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

tek wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:15 pm
(CNN)Former President Donald Trump does not have any documents subpoenaed by the New York attorney general's office as part of its civil investigation into the Trump Organization's finances and shouldn't be held in contempt, he told a state court.
"After conducting a diligent search and review, Respondent's counsel determined that Respondent was not in possession of any documents responsive to the Subpoena and that all potentially responsive documents were in the possession, custody or control of the Trump Organization," Trump attorney Alina Habba said in a court filing Tuesday.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/20/politics ... index.html

sure_jan.png
And I'm a Chinese jet pilot......
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Shredders and furnaces have been busy...
with the ashes spread wide - so as to be not in possession..
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

New York judge holds Trump in contempt for failing to comply with subpoena
A New York judge on Monday held former President Donald Trump in contempt of court for not producing documents subpoenaed in the state attorney general's civil probe of his business practices, and ordered Trump to be fined $10,000 per day until he complies.

Trump lost a bid to quash a subpoena from state Attorney General Letitia James, then failed to produce all the documents by a court-ordered March 3 deadline, later extended to March 31 at his lawyers' request.

Justice Arthur Engoron ruled that a contempt finding was appropriate because of what the judge called "repeated failures" to hand over materials and that it was not clear Trump had conducted a complete search for responsive documents.

"Mr. Trump … I know you take your business seriously, and I take mine seriously. I hereby hold you in civil contempt," the judge said, although Trump himself was not in the courtroom.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Good. :biggrin:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Not enough should be upped to 50k-100k a day
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
much ado

Post by much ado »

When and how will the court enforce payment?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

much ado wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:33 pm When and how will the court enforce payment?
The sane way the House does. Fifteen months of 5 levels of appeals, delays clarifications and refusal of the defendant to accept the legitimacy of anyone be it Prosecutor or Judge, who doesn't 100% agree with them. Trump's grandchildren will be retired before they actually write a check, unless and until the Court starts seizing assets.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Trump being found in contempt is one of those news stories that immediately takes over Twitter. Twitter users have to scroll past 50 iterations/sources of the Trump news to find anything else. ;)
raison de arizona

Volkonski wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:54 pm Trump being found in contempt is one of those news stories that immediately takes over Twitter. Twitter users have to scroll past 50 iterations/sources of the Trump news to find anything else. ;)
You should try Truth, not a thing about it there :lol: It's all Durham stories mostly in my feed.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:waiting:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Foggy wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:08 pm New York judge holds Trump in contempt for failing to comply with subpoena
A New York judge on Monday held former President Donald Trump in contempt of court for not producing documents subpoenaed in the state attorney general's civil probe of his business practices, and ordered Trump to be fined $10,000 per day until he complies.

Trump lost a bid to quash a subpoena from state Attorney General Letitia James, then failed to produce all the documents by a court-ordered March 3 deadline, later extended to March 31 at his lawyers' request.

Justice Arthur Engoron ruled that a contempt finding was appropriate because of what the judge called "repeated failures" to hand over materials and that it was not clear Trump had conducted a complete search for responsive documents.

"Mr. Trump … I know you take your business seriously, and I take mine seriously. I hereby hold you in civil contempt," the judge said, although Trump himself was not in the courtroom.

...and this should worry Biden because...
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I love this place.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

New York judge denies Trump's request to end contempt order, keeps fine

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/new-yo ... ce=twitter
A New York judge on Friday denied a request from Donald Trump's lawyer to end a contempt-of-court finding against the former U.S. president and kept in place $10,000-a-day fine over his failure to comply with a subpoena issued by the state attorney general investigating the business practices of Trump's family company, the Trump Organization.

Justice Arthur Engoron in New York state court in Manhattan said he was not satisfied with an affidavit provided by Trump and said there was no evidence Trump had conducted a thorough search for the records sought by New York Attorney General Letitia James.

"I am surprised he doesn't seem to have any documents, they're all with the organization," the judge said.

"I will consider your request to terminate the fine," he told Trump lawyer Alina Habba. "But if you don't hear from me, the clock is still ticking."
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:( :mad:

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Oh good grief. :roll:

sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

"Prosecute our appeal?" Is that a real thing?

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”