Post by Annrc »

Good questions, Humblescribe!
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: New York State Investigations of Trump and Related

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, excellent.

And it was difficult to imagine Weisselberg not being compelled to testify as part of any plea bargain.

Many people are saying that they could successfully, if forced to do so, serve a stretch of five months in prison.

Not Allen Weisselberg. He's lived his entire life as a pampered spoiled baby. :batting:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I hardly knew the coffee boy in 5...4....3...2...1...

If some hears of a Cohen interview on this news, please let us know.
much ado

Post by much ado »

OMFG :o

Heh. Heh. Heh.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Uninformed wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:19 pm “Trump’s CFO Allen Weisselberg Will Implicate Trump Companies in Guilty Plea”:
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... l-1398303/

“Allen Weisselberg, the Trump Organization’s finance chief, will say in Manhattan court Thursday that he conspired with several of the ex-president’s companies when he pleads guilty to state tax crimes, two sources familiar with the case tell Rolling Stone.
As part of Weisselberg’s plea deal, he has agreed to testify against The Trump Corporation and the Trump Payroll Corporation at trial, which is scheduled for October.”
The Trump Payroll Corporation CEO is Eric. Where's Junior?

https://apps.dos.ny.gov/publicInquiry/EntityDisplay
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

I stumbled upon this. I don't know if there is anything on TFB regarding McKoy v. The Trump Corporation. The summary from Court Listener indicates that the cause of action is racketeering.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/80 ... rporation/

(Fogster, if this is the wrong thread, by all means merge with the appropriate one!)
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

humblescribe wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:11 pm I stumbled upon this. I don't know if there is anything on TFB regarding McKoy v. The Trump Corporation. The summary from Court Listener indicates that the cause of action is racketeering.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/80 ... rporation/

(Fogster, if this is the wrong thread, by all means merge with the appropriate one!)
onging all hushhush sealed
Aug 9, 2022

SEVENTH AMENDED CIVIL CASE MANAGEMENT PLAN AND SCHEDULING ORDER: All fact discovery, including depositions, shall be completed by September 30, 2022. All expert discovery, including depositions, shall be completed by February 17, 2023. The briefing schedule for Plaintiffs' anticipated motion for class certification (the "Motion") is amended as follows: a. By March 3, 2023, Plaintiffs shall file the Motion; b. By April 18, 2023, Defendants shall file their opposition to the Motion; and c. By May 15, 2023, Plaintiffs shall file their reply, if any. Motions due by 3/3/2023. Responses due by 4/18/2023 Replies due by 5/15/2023. Deposition due by 2/17/2023. Fact Discovery due by 9/30/2022. Expert Discovery due by 2/17/2023. (Signed by Magistrate Judge Sarah L Cave on 8/9/2022) (ate) (Entered: 08/09/2022)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Allen Weisselberg flipping just increased the legal jeopardy for everyone else in the executive office of the Trump Org -- including Don Jr., Ivanka, Eric, Calamari Sr. and Jr., Jeff McConney, and Donald Trump himself.

McConney and the Calamaris were already cooperating at least somewhat, by all appearances. But now they will likely want to cooperate a LOT more, knowing Weisselberg will implicate them.

That leaves the Trumps.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https:// twitter.com/AndreaBNYC/status/1560269250681798662
BREAKING: Donald Trump's longtime CFO, Allen Weisselberg has pleaded guilty to a 15-year scheme to defraud, as described in count one of the indictment.

His allocution continues.
Edit:
He is pleading guilty to all 15 counts of the indictment.

In exchange, he is agreeing to be sentenced to 5 months in jail, 5 years probation, and agrees to testify in the upcoming trial against the Trump organization.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

I guess the T (assumed) crime family is starting to sweat bullets :mrgreen:
June bug

Post by June bug »

Do we know if the “upcoming trial”refers only to the state civil action or if it could also refer to an already envisioned local and/or state criminal one?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
June bug

Post by June bug »

Thanks, V! :kiss:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

He's a thousand years old. Slight exaggeration. He'll be dead before he has to testify in any case against any of the Trumps.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
much ado

Post by much ado »

RVInit wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:55 pm He's a thousand years old. Slight exaggeration. He'll be dead before he has to testify in any case against any of the Trumps.
How long before a trial might start, do you think?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Sounds like CNN is going to have Michael Cohen on this hour to talk about the guilty plea. He's always entertaining these days. :biggrin:
bob

Post by bob »

RVInit wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:55 pm He's a thousand years old. Slight exaggeration. He'll be dead before he has to testify in any case against any of the Trumps.
There are methods to "preserve testimony," i.e., have someone testify (under oath) before they can't anymore.
Image ImageImage
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

bob wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:28 pm
There are methods to "preserve testimony," i.e., have someone testify (under oath) before they can't anymore.
So, if they depose him and both sides are able to question they can enter that as evidence?
Off Topic
Interesting note: I watched a good bit of the Amber Heard/Johnny Depp trial after work hours - it's all over YouTube, several outlets recorded the whole thing. It restored my faith in juries.

One person who witnessed much of went on between the two, Jerry Judge, passed away before the trial. It's a long story, but if he could have testified it would have been even easier for the jury to find for Depp. I don't know why they couldn't include his deposition but I might be mistaken - maybe they didn't take one for him, and maybe that is why his passing away meant that nothing he had to say was actually entered in the trial. But boy is he on recordings and if he could have testified, or if those recordings got in, that would have been an even better slam dunk for Depp.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
bob

Post by bob »

RVInit wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:50 pmSo, if they depose him and both sides are able to question they can enter that as evidence?
Essentially, yes.
Off Topic
Interesting note: I watched a good bit of the Amber Heard/Johnny Depp trial after work hours - it's all over YouTube, several outlets recorded the whole thing. It restored my faith in juries.

One person who witnessed much of went on between the two, Jerry Judge, passed away before the trial. It's a long story, but if he could have testified it would have been even easier for the jury to find for Depp. I don't know why they couldn't include his deposition but I might be mistaken - maybe they didn't take one for him, and maybe that is why his passing away meant that nothing he had to say was actually entered in the trial.
Depp sued in February 2019 over 2018 publications. Judge died in April 2019. Without knowing the details, I doubt discovery was open such that he could have been properly deposed to preserve his testimony.
Image ImageImage
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

I recall reading on CNN that he also must pony up $2x106 in back taxes, penalties, and interest to New York State and City.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

bob wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:04 pm
RVInit wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:50 pmSo, if they depose him and both sides are able to question they can enter that as evidence?
Essentially, yes.
Off Topic

One person who witnessed much of went on between the two, Jerry Judge, passed away before the trial. It's a long story, but if he could have testified it would have been even easier for the jury to find for Depp. I don't know why they couldn't include his deposition but I might be mistaken - maybe they didn't take one for him, and maybe that is why his passing away meant that nothing he had to say was actually entered in the trial.
Depp sued in February 2019 over 2018 publications. Judge died in April 2019. Without knowing the details, I doubt discovery was open such that he could have been properly deposed to preserve his testimony.
Off Topic
That explains it. With so many players in that case I couldn't remember off the top of my head who was deposed and who wasn't. But looking at the dates you provided I tend to agree he probably wasn't deposed.
--Colin Kaepernick
bob

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

bob wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:28 pm
Making it know that he has… might be a good insurance policy against falling down stairs or out of a window…
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Kendra wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:12 pm If some hears of a Cohen interview on this news, please let us know.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”