Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

New York State Investigations of Trump and Related

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

New York State Investigations of Trump and Related

Post by Maybenaut »

Supreme Court again rejects Trump’s bid to shield tax returns, other financial records from Manhattan prosecutor
The Supreme Court on Monday rejected former president Donald Trump’s last-chance effort to keep his private financial records from the Manhattan district attorney, ending a long and drawn-out legal battle.

After a four-month delay, the court denied Trump’s motion in a one-sentence order with no recorded dissents.

District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance Jr. has won every stage of the legal fight — including the first round at the Supreme Court — but has yet to receive the records he says are necessary for a grand jury investigation into whether the president’s companies violated state law.

Vance responded to the court decision with a three-word tweet: “The work continues.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
slq

Re: New York State Investigations of Trump and Related

Post by slq »

There is some justice left at SCOTUS. Yay.
"Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."
--Yoda
mimi

Post by mimi »

Junior reacted to the news. It wasn’t pretty.

https://t.co/Lr4s9pF7MF
tek

Post by tek »

This is insane! The witch hunt NEVER ends.
If they’re doing this to my father, who won’t they do it to?
They won't do it to me, because I don't cheat.

And hey, hasn't your loving father been saying all along his taxes are under audit? Everything should be nice and clean by now, right?
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Junior soooo high, septum almost burned through, stroke impending.
Image Image Image Image
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

tp statement
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Apparently white collar crime will be going down in NYC now that your old man has moved to Florida, eh Junior?
Il factotum
sterngard friegen

Post by sterngard friegen »

mimi wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:46 pm Junior reacted to the news. It wasn’t pretty.

I've been saying Junior is unemployable. But I think he could actually be a good cocaine tester. Until it finally kills him.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Days like this I'm so happy Twitter banned him forever and forever and forever. :lol:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

I am confused. The article makes it sound as if SCOTUS told him he could whinge about the subpoena being too far reaching. Is that really still in play, or is the former guy going to actually have to cough up the goods?
mimi

Post by mimi »

CNN says...
Although Trump's personal lawyers may continue to fight their appeal in the case, the fact that the documents will be released by Trump's accounting firm, Mazars, effectively ends the dispute.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/22/politics ... index.html
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

mimi wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:35 pm CNN says...
Although Trump's personal lawyers may continue to fight their appeal in the case, the fact that the documents will be released by Trump's accounting firm, Mazars, effectively ends the dispute.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/22/politics ... index.html
I guess the proof will be in the Mazars pudding, when it's been steamed long enough. Thanks for the link!
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Is it me or is Jr’s voice deeper? Is he trying to re-invent his speaking voice, a la Ivanka? :lol:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

He's trying, unsuccessfully, not to slur and to slow his coke-addled brain down. Also, his sinuses are rotting out of his head by now. By his greasy complexion, his blood pressure is through the roof.

It's just a matter of time before he strokes out or his heart explodes.
Image Image Image Image
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Estiveo wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:23 pm It's just a matter of time before he strokes out or his heart explodes.
Assumes facts not in evidence. In re: Heart
Il factotum
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Are the Trumps the results of a successful dysgenics/cacogenics (had too look them up) experiment? They all seem equally despicable, even Tiffany appears to have crossed to the dark side.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Azastan wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:16 pm I am confused. The article makes it sound as if SCOTUS told him he could whinge about the subpoena being too far reaching. Is that really still in play, or is the former guy going to actually have to cough up the goods?
Trump's attorneys asked for a stay while they appealed. The stay was denied so Mazars has to turn over the records. Trump can still continue and appeal the lower court ruling that the subpoena was not too broad. The lawyers can step in here and opine but I think that means in the unlikely event Trump won then any indictment based on those records could get tossed. However, if SCOTUS thought he had any chance of winning they would have allowed the stay.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Reality Check wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:39 pm
Trump's attorneys asked for a stay while they appealed. The stay was denied so Mazars has to turn over the records. Trump can still continue and appeal the lower court ruling that the subpoena was not too broad. The lawyers can step in here and opine but I think that means in the unlikely event Trump won then any indictment based on those records could get tossed. However, if SCOTUS thought he had any chance of winning they would have allowed the stay.
Ah, that makes sense, thank you.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Ah'd love to have a look-see at all those records that the Manhattan's DA office will be receiving from Mazars. Trump's personal tax returns have got to be a labyrinth of pass-through entities of which he is either the sole owner or a partner/LLC member. The workpapers generated at Mazars will be a gold mine to see how the accounting firm justified its various tax positions that they took on his New York City returns. There is no legal privilege attached to a preparer who signs tax returns (at least with federal and in California.)

I don't have a solid knowledge of New York State and City taxation, but my limited experience has shown me that both agencies essentially follow federal law, especially with passive or active entities and the arcane rules that permit deducting certain losses while requiring other losses to be suspended. There could be city income tax problems if they can determine that the former guy was playing too fast and loose with the characterization of the items on his personal city returns. (I presume the Manhattan DA has power to prosecute tax fraud on New York City income tax returns. I am sure Stern or someone else will set me straight.) I am pretty certain that if irregularities are found on his City returns they will be forwarded to Albany for further scrutiny on his State returns. And if there are issues on his State returns, they share their findings with the IRS unless they are state-specific.

Knowing how much the former guy uses other people's money, I wonder if some of his refinancing borrowings went into his pocket rather than used for business purposes. Can't deduct the interest expense on debt-financed distributions to owners.

No doubt the forensic accountants hired to pore through all the work will have to drill down deep into the ownership structures of his many companies, and follow transactions and the money. Stuff can be buried three or four companies deep in the hopes that the truth will never see the light of day. Stuff can be split among a number of entities so as to draw less attention (this is a cousin to structuring that some people do to try to hind large cash deposits by splitting them into smaller deposits spread out over time and over a couple of banks.)
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

gone
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
sterngard friegen

Post by sterngard friegen »

Gregg wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:41 pm
Reality Check wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:39 pm
Azastan wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:16 pm I am confused. The article makes it sound as if SCOTUS told him he could whinge about the subpoena being too far reaching. Is that really still in play, or is the former guy going to actually have to cough up the goods?
On behalf of the millions of poor people who get wrongfully screwed in the courts every year, I just want to register my disgust that this phuckstick has been TWICE to the Supreme Court, has been told to 'bring it' and his lawyers "plan to appeal".

What court exactly do you appeal to when you've lost at every level of Federal Courts up to the Supreme Court, twice?

Supreme Court of the Imperial Illuminati.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

mimi wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:46 pm Junior reacted to the news. It wasn’t pretty.

Jr: (Referring to investigators) "At some point you've gotta put up or shut up!"

🤦
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:20 pm Days like this I'm so happy Twitter banned him forever and forever and forever. :lol:
Jr is tweeting for daddy. His Twitter feed has gotten so much more ... Trumpish.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

LM K wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:09 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:20 pm Days like this I'm so happy Twitter banned him forever and forever and forever. :lol:
Jr is tweeting for daddy. His Twitter feed has gotten so much more ... Trumpish.

Yeah, but I'm not on Twitter, and he's not his dad. :lol:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Jr has been slowly disintegrating the last 4 years. Compare him 4 years ago with him today and you see someone that has aged 15 years. This is him in 2017.
Attachments
Don jr.jpg
Don jr.jpg (106.09 KiB) Viewed 18044 times
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”