Discord: 4Chan For Morons

John Thomas8

Discord: 4Chan For Morons

Post by John Thomas8 »

4chan sucks, at levels normal people don't even want to know about.

Discord, on the other hand, is controlled suckage that is levels below 4chan.

I'm into Patreon, supporting folks making content I want to see, and most of those off free access to their Discord instance that nominally should be like-minded people discussing the content presented.

However, those discord channels turn out to be cesspools of grandmalfuckwittery on levels 4chan couldn't even hope to match.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Discord: 4Chan For Morons

Post by raison de arizona »

The only thing I use Discord for is video game crap for the kidlet.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

People insist on using discord for voice coms for gaming. I have no idea why. Its shit at it.
Hic sunt dracones
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

There's a content creator on YouTube who I support. He's intensely anti-Lost Cause, well reasoned, well spoken and does excellent video production.

However, his discord is ran by a vicious militant LGBT+ person who's opinion is the only one allowed.

Gak.
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

I just created a Discord profile yesterday because one of the new WordPress plugins (for the soon to released version 6.1) has an AI image creator called Midjourney.

Basically, you put in a number of descriptors (adjectives etc) and it creates an image based on it. It can make some interesting images.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I've been on a few different Discord channels for games I was playing and never had any trouble with it. It was easier for me to connect to than some of the older chat apps had been, the sound quality was good and I liked a lot of its different features. Maybe because I was only interacting with people I knew from in game I never had problems with the level,of discourse, but my experience with it has overall been good...
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

I don't video chat much (except for Zooming for work) and my ex-discords were for YouTube channels I've donated to on Patreon.

It's intolerable that one militant can ruin a channel, IMHO. Ya can't even agree with it, it turned things obnoxious.

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”