Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

State of New York vs Trump, et al - the civil fraud case against the Trump Organization

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Kendra

State of New York vs Trump, et al - the civil fraud case against the Trump Organization

Post by Kendra »

I just read the lawsuit Trump filed yesterday in state court in FL against NY AG Letitia James. It’s pretty comical. Once again, he has found a lawyer willing to sign his name to embarrassing, frivolous drivel. A sample here, with link to lawsuit. https://cdn.nucleusfiles.com/0b/0bc6322 ... nt.hids%25
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

This story is a week old but I dont think its been posted. The Headline is better than the story The story essentially is that the guy who told on Trump having the documents is the guy on the other end of the button where he summons a Diet Coke. The guy followed him from the white house and seems to have been pretty loyal, but spilled the beans when the DOJ ramped up the pressure.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/10 ... nauta.html
Trump Was Betrayed by His Diet Coke Valet

Donald Trump could ultimately be done in by his Diet Coke habit. Not physically (though drinking 12 diet sodas a day doesn’t seem great for your health) but legally. The Washington Post reported recently that his former White House valet — the man who had to respond every time the president pressed his famous Oval Office Diet Coke button — provided key evidence that led to the FBI’s search of Mar-a-Lago in August.

A Trump employee told federal agents the former president personally directed them to move boxes of documents from a Mar-a-Lago storage area to his private residence, according to the Post. Hours later, the New York Times said this was corroborated by surveillance footage that showed the aide moving boxes both before and after Trump’s advisers received a subpoena from the Justice Department in May for classified documents taken from the White House. Together, the witness account and the footage provided the most direct evidence that Trump tried to illegally obstruct the government’s search.

Nauta followed Trump to Mar-a-Lago at the end of his term, and campaign-finance records show he was on the payroll of Trump’s Save America PAC, making about $135,000 a year. It seems Trump’s trust wasn’t entirely misplaced; the Post reports that Nauta resisted betraying his boss at first but eventually changed his story:

When FBI agents first interviewed Nauta, he denied any role in moving boxes or sensitive documents, the people familiar with the situation said in interviews before Nauta’s name became public. But as investigators gathered more evidence, they questioned him a second time and he told a starkly different story — that Trump instructed him to move the boxes, these people said.
More at the link
Hic sunt dracones
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

I see in the complaint that the plaintiff is still President of the United States.... :bored:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

For $135,000 a year, you could hire someone to give you Diet Coke enemas.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Judge places a monitor in charge of Trump Corporation:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... a18ea43ef3

Kise argued for tRump. The judge wasn't buying Kise's belief that a 20,000 ft2 discrepancy in the size of his penthouse was just a matter open to debate.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Not able to give an informed opinion without doing some homework, but that strikes me as ... not wrong, but a bit of a reach. Wonder if it will hold up on appeal, and in New York State you can bring an immediate appeal of almost any kind of order.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

IANAL, but it seems to me that Kise arguing that Trump Org’s fraud had no effect on the public, that the whole “argument” was simply between “titans of business” was also a stretch.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I am not a professional of any kind but reading through the thread, I couldn't figure out why Kise kept talking tax fraud as if it was two business people having a difference of opinion whether the parking lot should be striped in yellow or white paint.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Kendra wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:36 am
Downtown Manhattan. A hearing in People of NY v. Trump will decide whether a court-appointed monitor will watch over the 45th president’s business empire as the attorney general’s civil case proceeds. Judge Arthur Engoron has previously found Trump in contempt. This is a thread.
I *think* this is the right thread for this Twitter thread. If not, shoot me :faint:
As Jim Wright say...
"Please let it be Hillary"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Ooooh, Hillary would be fun :popcorn:

Not gonna happen, but a girl can :daydreaming:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Judge has ruled that a monitor is appropriate

Gift link:
https://wapo.st/3Td0NfO
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Giggle, like any court is going to do anything of significance to the orange one.

Blergh, the mutt will pass away before he had has to stand any trial.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Here's the opinion and order granting the NYAG's motion for a preliminary injunction against transferring assets and for appointment of an independent monitor (paid for by Trump :thumbsup: :rotflmao: ).

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... ruling.pdf

The opinion is ...
Well, when the AG, after a three year investigation, files a 200 page narration of Trump's and his company's persistent use of outrageously fraudulent statements of financial condition, supported by strong documentary evidence, coupled with TFG's 400 invocations of the fifth amendment about the subject matter and DJT Jr.'s admission that he knows nothing about accounting or the procedures underlying the statements, which he had vouched for, and when the defendants' evidentiary submission consists of nothing, defendants are likely to find themselves :kickface: :kickface: :kickface: .
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

John Thomas8 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:08 pm Giggle, like any court is going to do anything of significance to the orange one.

Blergh, the mutt will pass away before he had has to stand any trial.
And, when he dies of a heart attack (NADT) from his poor diet, Fox News and the rest of the RWNJ universe will scream for Latisha James to be indicted for murdering him by creating stress that caused his poor heart to fail. I'm serious.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

https://statuskuo.substack.com/p/trump- ... ZXUWRMch28

Jay Kuo has an article about this. I read it on Facebook. In the FB comments, some commenters are saying that OSG plans to announce another run for the Presidency on Nov. 14th. Anyone else heard this?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I saw teasers on YouTube but didn’t watch it. Seems plausible. “You can’t indict me. I’m running for office. It’s a witch-hunt!!!!”
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Annrc
Verified:

Post by Annrc »

Cnn ran an article this morning regarding this.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:38 am I saw teasers on YouTube but didn’t watch it. Seems plausible. “You can’t indict me. I’m running for office. It’s a witch-hunt!!!!”
I almost admire the hypocritical tenacity by which he flagrantly disobeys black letter law and considers it not to bind him but holds others to 'common standards' as if they were Constitutional prohibitions.

Actually, no, I don't. But it is breathtaking in scope.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

SuzieC wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:35 am https://statuskuo.substack.com/p/trump- ... ZXUWRMch28

Jay Kuo has an article about this. I read it on Facebook. In the FB comments, some commenters are saying that OSG plans to announce another run for the Presidency on Nov. 14th. Anyone else heard this?
Yes, from many sources.

P.S. Motion to rename this thread to "State of New York vs Trump, et al - the civil fraud case against the evil Trump Organization"
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:38 am I saw teasers on YouTube but didn’t watch it. Seems plausible. “You can’t indict me. I’m running for office. It’s a witch-hunt!!!!”
So, indict him on the 13th.

Do you think that he will rethink the decision to run if many of his endorsed candidates in the midterms do poorly? Such a result would indicate that his hold on the party is slipping and his coattails won't be very long in 2024.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

noblepa wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:39 pm

Do you think that he will rethink the decision to run if many of his endorsed candidates in the midterms do poorly? Such a result would indicate that his hold on the party is slipping and his coattails won't be very long in 2024.
He had negative coattails in 2020, he doesn't care. And it doesn't matter if his endorsees do good or bad, he'll claim victory and shit all over the board like the proverbial pigeon.

IMO.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

noblepa wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:39 pm

Wont make a blind bit of difference. Like all Narcissists, deep down he knows he is a loser. All this shit is to distract from it. All His candidates losing will do is make him wave his harm in you face and scream harder so you wont notice. Or at least so he feels you arent noticing. All the rest is to down out the voice in his head telling him he is a failure.
Hic sunt dracones
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Suranis wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:08 pm :snippity:
Wont make a blind bit of difference. Like all Narcissists, deep down he knows he is a loser. All this shit is to distract from it. All His candidates losing will do is make him wave his harm in you face and scream harder so you wont notice. Or at least so he feels you arent noticing. All the rest is to down out the voice in his head telling him he is a failure.
That sounds very like the lazy trope that "all bullies are cowards"!

Like it or not, Trump is NOT a failure. The man got himself elected as President of the USA – in what alternative reality is that a failure? How many people have achieved that? How many high-flyers have tried and failed? He lives the gilded life of a wealthy man, privileged access everywhere, multiple luxurious homes (in poor taste, but that's how he likes it). He appears effectively beyond the reach of law enforcement (maybe not forever, but I doubt he'll ever be behind bars). He has a legion of doting admirers who will harm themselves to serve their idol.

Narcissist yes, shitbag yes, crap parent yes, extremely dislikeable yes, manipulative yes, incoherent yes, liar yes, predator yes.

But failure? No.

That's a playground insult which only works if you redefine "failure" to mean "he hasn't won my respect".

I loathe the man, but I don't consider him a failure. He's much more dangerous than that.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

It does not matter what you or I think. HE considers himself a failure. That's what drives him.
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Especially after the 2020 election. He wakes up every day and sees a loser in the mirror.

Hay nao, Elon Musk is successful. :crazy:
Out from under. :thumbsup:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”