Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

GIL: Klayman

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

In KLAYMAN v. KOLLAR-KOTELLY and her clerk (because suing her before worked so well).

OOPSIE
10/25/2022

MINUTE ORDER granting 5 Defendants' Motion to Dismiss. On September 23, 2022, Defendants filed a motion to dismiss. Plaintiff had fourteen days to respond under Local Rule 7(b). Because Plaintiff has not filed a response, the motion to dismiss is conceded under Local Rule 7(b). It is hereby ORDERED that the complaint is dismissed without prejudice. SO ORDERED. Signed by Judge Rudolph Contreras on 10-25-2022. (lcrc3) (Entered: 10/25/2022)
Grifting for Reed has really cut into his harass the judge work.
101010 :towel:
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

It's cargo cult law, just like with everything else he does. He once got blasted for failing to file a notice of appeal to a district court, so now he believes he has to do it for appeals courts.
bob

Post by bob »

northland10 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:57 pm This was a clerk's order, in which the clerk ordered himself to send a copy to the respondent.
To be fair, shipping clerks have some delegated authority, but often the clerk internally notes exactly which judges did the delegation. In case some aggrieved loser (like Klayman) demands a "real" order from a real judge.

Too also: "clerk" often includes the Big Cheese Clerk and the flunky clerks.

So a clerk self-directing is shorthand for "the court delegates to the clerk authority to have a deputy clerk issue an order to...." It basically says the court is fine with whatever timetable the deputy shipping clerk sees fit.

And, yes, it could be clearer and better written. :towel:
Image ImageImage
northland10

Post by northland10 »

Looks like GIL is trying to get ahead of the DC bar in Florida. He filed a petition in the MD of Florida to not impose reciprocal discipline for his DC suspension. The MC case was opened from his petition, so he may have self-tattled first. The court ordered any automatic suspension stayed until his petition has been ruled on.

His petition
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 02.1.0.pdf

the court order on the same day. I assume it is boilerplate.
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 02.2.0.pdf

He has 2 Reed cases in MD of Florida so I assume he has reasons to slow down the process.
bob

Post by bob »

Golfweek: New complaints in Florida court sue Official World Golf Ranking for allegedly colluding with PGA Tour, DP World Tour, Golf Channel:
Attorney Larry Klayman announced the filing of a Second Amended Class Action Complaint in Palm Beach County’s 15th Judicial Circuit on Monday which alleges antitrust conspiracy to restrain trade and harm golf fans in the state of Florida, as well as “eliminate LIV Golf in its infancy.”
:yawn:

Meet the most unfortunate lawyer in the world: Lawrence Klayman.
Image ImageImage
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

bob wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:57 pm Golfweek: New complaints in Florida court sue Official World Golf Ranking for allegedly colluding with PGA Tour, DP World Tour, Golf Channel:
Attorney Larry Klayman announced the filing of a Second Amended Class Action Complaint in Palm Beach County’s 15th Judicial Circuit on Monday which alleges antitrust conspiracy to restrain trade and harm golf fans in the state of Florida, as well as “eliminate LIV Golf in its infancy.”

Poor guy. He ought to consider seriously changing his professional name to use his middle name like L. Lloyd Klayman, Esq., or whatever his middle name is to distance himself from the reprobate.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
W. Kevin Vicklund

And based in Florida, even.

Can he sue for reputational damage?
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:35 pm And based in Florida, even.

:o :o What?!?! Has somebody suggested Klayman might be ethical, competent or even successful? :o :o
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:14 pm
W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:35 pm And based in Florida, even.

:o :o What?!?! Has somebody suggested Klayman might be ethical, competent or even successful? :o :o
Can we refer to the one who isn't GIL as 'The Good Klayman' from now on?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
bob

Post by bob »

I hear you like Friday Smackdowns:

M.D. Fla.'s (via a Dubya nominee) smacks.

But leave to amend was granted, so the court will have a few more :kickface: opportunities.
Image ImageImage
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Hey, Bob got us all tickets to a concert this weekend.

Does anybody else want to join us to see "Big Cheese Clerk and the Flunky Clerks"? Word is Orly Taitz is often there screeching as they play.

It's sort of like Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch.
Marky.JPG
Marky.JPG (63.94 KiB) Viewed 1127 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
northland10

Post by northland10 »

MD of Florida wrote:In his amended complaint, Reed is instructed to incorporate into each count only the factual allegations that are relevant to the respective causes of action.
:snippity:
In drafting the amended complaint, Reed is instructed to revaluate his alleged claims and bring only those claims that are meritorious and supported by law.
:rotflmao:

The judge made a funny.
realist

Post by realist »

bob wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:57 pm Golfweek: New complaints in Florida court sue Official World Golf Ranking for allegedly colluding with PGA Tour, DP World Tour, Golf Channel:

Poor guy.
Image X 4
Image X 32
bob

Post by bob »

Golf Monthly: 'Major Victory For LIV Golf' As PGA Tour Fail To Get Latest Lawsuit Dismissed:
Larry Klayman says Jay Monahan has "taken one on the chin" and will have to answer questions on LIV Golf dealings

An attorney has labelled it as 'a major victory for golf fans, and by extension LIV Golf' after the PGA Tour failed to get a second antitrust lawsuit dismissed in a Florida court.

The lawsuit against the PGA Tour and DP World Tour by American attorney Larry Klayman - meaning the likes of Jay Monahan, Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy could be deposed and questioned about the accusations.

Klayman, who has filed this motion on behalf of his public interest foundation ‘Freedom Watch’ also represents Patrick Reed and had a $750m complaint against multiple golf media outlets dismissed by a judge last month.

And now Klayman says that after a court failed to dismiss his latest motion, he wants to see the likes of Monahan and possibly even Woods and McIlroy, have to testify under oath as part of the discovery process.
I can't be bothered to hunt for the court's actual order, but I wouldn't be surprised if Klayman survived a motion to dismiss. :shock:

Unlike most of Klayman's cases, alleging the PGA engaged in antitrust behavior should be relatively easy to plead with just enough factual specificity to avoid a dismissal. Which means DIIIIIIISCOVERY!!1!

Whether Klayman can survive the inevitable motion for summary judgment is an altogether different issue; Klayman shouldn't buy that yacht just yet.
Image ImageImage
northland10

Post by northland10 »

If he managed to succeed and get a payment on this one (either as attorney or plaintiff, I forget which person he is on this one), Judicial Watch would just come swooping in expecting to collect their 2 million. It would be a repeat of when he actually succeeded in a suit against JW only to have the ex swoop in and grab it.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Plaintiff's attorney. Odd that he's not suing himself, seeing as he tweeted many of the same things that he's suing the defendants over. :think:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Uh oh, the dog caught the car?
Out from under. :thumbsup:
northland10

Post by northland10 »

Oh, this is one of his state ones, not the 3 federal court ones he filed. IIRC, he tends to get to discovery on state cases easier than federal cases. It has not helped his success in the long run, but he gets more harassment time out of it, which is a win for him.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

By which I mean, GIL might have to actually litigate a case against some real and probably very talented attorneys, who actually litigate lawsuits for a living, and know how to do it.

He'll be gobbled up by the sharks. :shark2:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
bob

Post by bob »

But, typical Klayman, if there's even a link to this sad-sack Denny's "trial," it is not readily findable. :bored:

There is ... from August (and unlisted):

At around 14:30, birther Vallely "testifies."

And, in October, Klayman said Fauci's "trial" will happen in 2023 in Arizona.

It is as if Klayman is just making it up as he goes.
Image ImageImage
northland10

Post by northland10 »

On a GIL note, previously, I had mentioned his latest thing of filing notices that he was going to go after them with a petition en banc, or to SCOUTS, or something. However, I am seeing nothing on the SCOTUS docket since his JW loss (rehearing rejected in early August).

Since most of the cases he has left to take to SCOTUS regard his discipline issues, he may be concerned that filing a petition will cause SCOTUS to suspend him as they would have if they received info that he had been suspended by some jurisdiction. I imagine he may not have self-tattled there.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

I can’t believe this guy’s still around.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
bob

Post by bob »

Klayman's blog: Court Routinely Orders Amended Complaint in Reed vs. Shane Ryan in Middle District of Florida:
Contrary to False and Defamatory Reporting in Related Case Reed vs Chamblee Et. Al, This Lawsuit Also Has Not Been Dismissed!
It of course never occurred to Klayman that, if you are writing that kind of presser, to just don't.
Edit: Link fixed. :bag:
Image ImageImage
northland10

Post by northland10 »

bob wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:38 pm Klayman's blog: Court Routinely Orders Amended Complaint in Reed vs. Shane Ryan in Middle District of Florida:
Contrary to False and Defamatory Reporting in Related Case Reed vs Chamblee Et. Al, This Lawsuit Also Has Not Been Dismissed!
It of course never occurred to Klayman that, if you are writing that kind of presser, to just don't.
Your link is off. It points to Maybenaut's post above yours and not to GIL's blog. (ed. not any more)

As it is, it does not matter. His stupid whining is stupid. The complaints were dismissed but Florida, and some other courts, like to provide the opportunity of a mulligan by letting him file an amended complaint to correct the defects in the original pleading. This leads to:

"Klayman routinely fails to correct defects in the amended complaint."

The amended pleading for Chamblee is due Friday. In Ryan, 13 January.

Oh yeah, in Reed v. Ryan, the judge dismissed the complaint.

The fun part is, the second paragraph in both Chamblee and Reed orders start the exact same way:
First, the Complaint is a shotgun pleading.
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 5.25.0.pdf

The latest one starts with, "haven't we been here before?"
This case is before the Court sua sponte on Plaintiff Patrick Nathaniel Reed’s Complaint. (Doc. 1). The Court previously sua sponte dismissed another one of Reed’s complaints in a related case. See Reed v. Chamblee et al., 3:22-cv1059-TJC-PDB (M.D. Fla.). The pleadings in the related case and this case are very similar, and like the complaint in the related case, this Complaint is also due to be dismissed.
ETA, Wow, the dismissal is only 3 pages.. Ouch. So, I will add what constitutes the analysis part (it is too short to actually have sections).
Reed attempts to allege various defamation, “injurious falsehood,” tortious interference, and civil conspiracy claims against each Defendant; causes of action which require vastly different factual allegations. Id. at 27–91. The Court is dismissing Reed’s Complaint without prejudice. In his amended complaint, Reed is instructed to incorporate into each count only the factual allegations that are relevant to the respective causes of action.

Second, Reed’s Complaint fails to comply with the directives of Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 8(a) which states that a pleading must contain “a short and plain statement of the claim showing that the pleader is entitled torelief . . . .” Ninety-two pages and forty-two counts later, Reed’s Complaint is neither short nor plain. See (Doc. 1). In drafting the amended complaint, Reed is instructed to bring only those claims that are supported in law.
northland10

Post by northland10 »

In the never-ending Klayman v JW case, the original (from 2006), the magistrate made a recommendation on attorney fees, heavily lowering what JW had requested. So of course, GIL files:
OBJECTIONS TO REPORT AND RECOMMENDATIONS OF MAGISTRATE JUDGE MICHAEL HARVEY, MOTION TO REFER TO ANOTHER INDEPENDENT COURT OUTSIDE OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA CIRCUIT, CROSS MOTION FOR SANCTIONS AND REFERRAL OF ATTEMPTED FRAUD TO THE COMMITTEE ON GRIEVANCES
Sorry, I reproduced the title as written on the filing, which is in all caps. It helps fit his style, though.

If I understand correctly, he got a win out of the magistrate, so he went screaming. The clerk, who apparently understands Klayman, created two docket entries, but both are pointed at one document. This way, the court and defendants can respond to the objection to the magistrate's report, which is one action, and the motion for all sorts of crap with another, even if GIL cannot seem to do separate filings.

Oh yeah, and GIL's droppings
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... .662.0.pdf

I guess the magistrate lowering the fee amount means that JW committee fraud or something.

JW responded to the bunch of crap motion:
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... .665.0.pdf

They were meanies by pointing out that just because the appellant panel asked him for clarification, it did not mean they ruled in the way he claimed.
The Panel never suggested that they would adopt this standard or that this case satisfied the standard. They only requested that Klayman articulate how a court could justify a collateral attack on another court’s judgment.

4. Klayman misread the Panel comments. This is confirmed by the Circuit Court’s opinion rejecting his appeal only a few short weeks later:
And their reply to Klayman's objections to the report:
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... .664.0.pdf
Klayman is engaged in an unprecedented abuse of the legal system to delay an inevitable outcome.
Well, duh.

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”